You are not logged in.

USPS issues getting worse by the day?

#1 2020-07-15 10:09am

Rebelguy
Pro Member
For Sale: 2

USPS issues getting worse by the day?

Is anyone else having weird delivery issues with USPS?  I understand a slow down in service but I’ve had two packages recently that have gotten to my nearby distro center with a scheduled delivery date only to have them both been shipped to another part of the country. They then have disappeared from tracking and are now both in “arriving later” limbo. It’s quite nerve racking with high dollar items.

#2 2020-07-15 10:16am

erichevy
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
Website

Re: USPS issues getting worse by the day?

Same thing has been happening to me.  Had a part coming from WI, went to OH, then to MI, then back to WI, OH, and MI.  Now I have no clue where it is.  I could have made a 3 hour drive and picked it up myself.  Been floating around the USPS system for a couple of weeks now.  My order from Dans Comp has been somewhere in the system for weeks now with no updates.

"I majored in punk rock" - Mike Watt

Detroit Has A Skyline Too

#3 2020-07-15 10:17am

2wicenthricer
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

I have a frame kit going to Australia that has been sitting in New York since May 28th. I have no way to track it, and there's nothing I can do to control whether it will go forth to Australia or be returned to me. Customs has 60 days to determine where it goes and meanwhile there's no control or traceability on my end.....maddening!!!! There's an odd transposition in the matter too, during the interim I have received parcels in a timely manner from both Australia and France. It seems all of this is simply a roll of the dice. I've been waiting to send a frame to England for two months as USPS won't yet insure parcels to the UK.

#4 2020-07-15 10:28am

Ozare_Garage
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Rebelguy wrote:

Is anyone else having weird delivery issues with USPS?  I understand a slow down in service but I’ve had two packages recently that have gotten to my nearby distro center with a scheduled delivery date only to have them both been shipped to another part of the country. They then have disappeared from tracking and are now both in “arriving later” limbo. It’s quite nerve racking with high dollar items.

I hear you loud and clear it f*cking sucks man! I currently have a pair of chrome Odyssey Hazard triple walls "lost in limbo" with no further updates since it left California and arrived at the distribution center in Iowa or some shit. Opened a Investigation and delivery intercept (had to refund buyer).  I've shipped 25+ parts, frames, etc in the last 4 months with USPS with ZERO issues until these wheels just recently. Hope your issue gets resolved. cool

CALI LOVE
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -Elbert Hubbard

#5 2020-07-15 10:46am

olskoolbmxfreek
Pro Member

I checked tracking for a few items earlier and it says delivery today but when you check the history it says it got scanned today at some distribution center nowhere near the state I live in..weird

#6 2020-07-15 10:49am

RAYSIN
Pro MemberI SAW ELVIS AT 1000 FEET!
Bikes: 29
Website

Yep! I have a parcel that has been parked since 7-5-20 at the main depot

Schwinning!!!

#7 2020-07-15 11:16am

Bandbracing669
Museum Addict

I notice signature required isn't happening either .  They have no problem charging for it but aren't making sure it's signed for .   I'm sure it's all because of the corona but still they shouldn't charge people for a service if they aren't getting it .  Our local USPS is delivering the local news paper also now. Carriers are pissed

80's NUMBER PLATE NUT !!!    IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT HECK YES ITS FOR SALE

#8 2020-07-15 11:28am

gpena78
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Is usps the best one to use?...
fedex or ups not worthy?

Ryde Now, Ryde Later, Ryde 2morrow, Ryde 4ever!!!!!!!!

#9 2020-07-15 11:42am

mitter
Pro Member
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 3

Ozare_Garage wrote:

Rebelguy wrote:

I hear you loud and clear it f*cking sucks man! I currently have a pair of chrome Odyssey Hazard triple walls "lost in limbo" with no further updates since it left California and arrived at the distribution center in Iowa or some shit. Opened a Investigation and delivery intercept (had to refund buyer).  I've shipped 25+ parts, frames, etc in the last 4 months with USPS with ZERO issues until these wheels just recently. Hope your issue gets resolved. cool

Still crossing my fingers on this one man. Shit makes me sick. Feel awful for ya.  Not like you can just got to a shop and replace these anymore....

#10 2020-07-15 11:45am

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

If you think they are bad now,just wait til they raise their prices 5 fold!

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#11 2020-07-15 11:45am

slack
Pro Member
For Sale: 51

in another forum I'm in people have been complaining about the same issues. some packages completely lost. also some packages that were labeled as the wrong weight were returned to sender instead of automatically price adjusting or COD. USPS is definitely overwhelmed right now

you must die! I alone am best

#12 2020-07-15 11:53am

meangreen92lx
Pro Member

I've had things take a month to show up when it should be 3 days. They sit at a distribution center for weeks. The state employees are taking this covid thing way more serious than everyone else it seems.

#13 2020-07-15 12:08pm

AJ Macaroo
Pro MemberThe Professor
Bikes: 6

Yes it is bad. Been waiting for stuff even from overseas. Went into it knowing it could be 3 plus months but just hoping everything is not beat up. Even packages non bike related from the states I’ve received have been just mangled and then having to send the it back. It’s been really frustrating to say the least.

Cold Fact: If you want everyone to LIKE what you say…You’re ONLY saying what you THINK they want to hear.

Cold fact: No matter what you do, Some people will think your great..But some will think you suck..The TRICK is..Roll with the people that understand you. That’s all that matters.

Cold Fact: Jealousy is REAL on social media. Your own friends will even scroll past your progress…

Cold Fact: Never let people that aren’t going anywhere in life take you with them.

#14 2020-07-15 12:50pm

slack
Pro Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/ … _manual_45

this is a memo from the new postmaster general this week. looks like huge policy changes coming up. copy/paste of the memo is below

Mandelory Stand-Up-Tifts All Employees
July 10, 2020
Plvotliig For. Our Future
• The Postal Service has a tong history of service to the nation, and we take pride in our
ability to deliver mail and packages efficiently, timely, and safely.
• Right now, we are at a critical juncture in our organization and must make immediate,
lasting, and impactful changes in our operations and ii our culture.
• This operational pivot is long overdue and today, we are talking about the first step in a
journey we must take together, for the health and stability of the Postal Service.
• Every single employee will receive this information, no matter what job they perform, so
remember that YOU are an integral part of the success we will have - again, by working
together.
• The initial step in our pivot is targeted on transportation and the soaring costs we incur,
due to late trips and extra trips, which costs the organization somewhere around $200
million in added expenses.
• The shifts are simple, but they will be challenging, as we seek to change our culture and
move away from past practices previously used.
• Specific examples of transportation changes being implemented immediately (today):
V All operations must meet our 24-hour clock commitment
V All trips will depart on time (Network, Plant and Delivery); late trips are no longer
authorized or accepted
V Extra trips are no longer authorized or accepted
V There must be proper annotation in the scanner, if a Contractor Failure occurs
V All PVS/HCR drivers must be notified that trips depart on time.
V Function 4 must start on time and end on time and we must make scheduled DUT
V Carriers must begin on time, leave for the street on time, and return on time
V Carriers must make the final dispatch of value; no additional transportation will be
authorized to dispatch mail to the Plant after the intended dispatch
V The right mail must go on the right truck - every time
V ALL EMPLOYEES have an essential role with trips departing on time.
• One aspect of these changes that may be difficult for employees is that.- temporarily -
we may see mail left behind or mail on the workroom foor or docks (in P&DCs), which is
not typical.
• We will address root causes of these delays and adjust the very next day.
• Any mail left behind must be properly reported, and employees should ensure this action
is taken with integrity and accuracy.
• As we adjust to the ongoingpivot, which will have a number of phases, we know that
operations will begin to run more efficiently and that delayed mail volumes will soon
shrink significantly.
• More information will be shared as we fully and swiftly implement these strategies.
• You playa direct role in the success of the Postal Sei vice, and your cooperation and
teamwork are appreciated.
• This is a critical time for us, when decisive, quick, and meaningful action is needed.
• This operational pivot will ensure we can secure our future as a world-class service
provider, improving our performance to fulfill our core mission of service to our
customers.
. Thank you for your support and your teamwork.

#15 2020-07-15 12:52pm

slack
Pro Member

Story here (trigger warning: reporter is a lefty, if you find righty coverage of this, please link)

#16 2020-07-15 12:56pm

blammo585
Dyno Lover!
Bikes: 2

I ordered a bulb for my DLP TV. It said it would arrive on 7/13. Every time I tracked it, it just said it was moving within the network. Never seen that before. I'm used to seeing it get to a destination scan almost daily. It did arrive when it said, but I had no idea where it was or if it would truly arrive on time.

#17 2020-07-15 12:59pm

QueensFinest72
Pro MemberNew York State of Mind

gpena78 wrote:

fedex or ups not worthy?

USPS is the cheapest. Fedex and UPS Overpriced. Also you can't go wrong with the flat rate boxes USPS offers. Just my opinion.

#18 2020-07-15 1:00pm

QueensFinest72

Been using USPS for years now with no issues. packages get delivered promptly as promised.

#19 2020-07-15 1:03pm

blammo585
Dyno Lover!
Bikes: 2

QueensFinest72 wrote:

gpena78 wrote:

fedex or ups not worthy?

USPS is the cheapest. Fedex and UPS Overpriced. Also you can't go wrong with the flat rate boxes USPS offers. Just my opinion.

Also, if you're like me, I have post office nearby. The closest actual UPS location is 35 minutes away and the closest FedEx location is 45 or 50 minutes. I guess there's drop offs but then I have to research where they are. Plus I can go to the PO and plop it on the counter and pay for it. UPS or FedEx, I have to schedule it online, pay online, weigh it, put in dimensions, etc.

#20 2020-07-15 1:10pm

slack
Pro Member

^ if you're paying at the post office, you're paying at least 2x what you could be if you pay online for USPS through a discount site like pirateship.com or through paypal.com

#21 2020-07-15 1:30pm

QueensFinest72

slack wrote:

^ if you're paying at the post office, you're paying at least 2x what you could be if you pay online for USPS through a discount site like pirateship.com or through paypal.com

2X is a bit far fetched. I know of discounts, but not 2X.

#22 2020-07-15 1:37pm

slack
Pro Member

if you go without a box, your paying $3 or $4 for a cardboard box which can be free if you reuse an old one.
that can easily double the price if you add the 30% discount from a 3rd party

#23 2020-07-15 1:40pm

slack
Pro Member

and I just picked a random town on the map for an example

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/263847/untitled5f0f69b25a.png

#24 2020-07-15 1:51pm

QueensFinest72

slack wrote:

and I just picked a random town on the map for an example

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 69b25a.png

That's on PirateShip?

#25 2020-07-15 1:52pm

slack
Pro Member

yeah. I think its the same discounts that you get if somebody hits "buy it now" and pays through paypal and then you print a USPS label using paypal's system.

Board footer