You are not logged in.

1989 Haro Master

#1 2020-05-07 8:19am

made2drag
Pro MemberMAGA
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 10598
Bikes: 9
Offline

1989 Haro Master

https://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_44855eb40d8fa90df.jpg

1989 Haro Master

My bitd frame I rode and never sold or got rid of. 

Bought this new exactly 30 years ago this month. Originally red, bought the frame for $89 on sale in 1990 as a closeout deal. Over the years, I rode this pretty hard, cracked it around the seat tube gusset, it was stolen, when I got it back it was stripped to chrome by the thief so I ended up riding it chrome through out the 90's. Recently had the idea to repaint it and since the red is really hard to match, I bought black Master decals and sprayed it with Duplicolor prime, the Duplicolor High Gloss Black engine paint followed by the Duplicolor Gloss Clear. I built this up using parts I already had in the parts bin. Parts I normally rode in the 80's and 90's. ODI Mushroom II grips, Peregrine bars, GT seat, Gt tires, Gt Mohawk hubs rims, Peregrine clamp, GT race fork, Odyssey 44, Bearclaw Shimano PD-15 type pedals, newer GT cranks and a DK mini stem to pull off the Fusion look. Love the look of the refurb of my old school rider, rides good even though its a little cramped since I'm used to 21 inch Masters now.


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2020-05-07 8:35am

Blue_Max
Pro Member
Registered: 2008-08-19
Posts: 2087
Bikes: 20
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

That is awesome that you still have one of your original frames, I like the mix of parts you used. It kinda makes me want to fix up the GT I rode in the 90’s.

Offline

 

#3 2020-05-07 8:44am

made2drag
Pro MemberMAGA
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 10598
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

Blue_Max wrote:

That is awesome that you still have one of your original frames, I like the mix of parts you used. It kinda makes me want to fix up the GT I rode in the 90’s.

thanks man smile

Offline

 

#4 2020-05-07 9:54am

Blue_Max
Pro Member
Registered: 2008-08-19
Posts: 2087
Bikes: 20
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

Blue_Max wrote:

That is awesome that you still have one of your original frames, I like the mix of parts you used. It kinda makes me want to fix up the GT I rode in the 90’s.

thanks man smile

No problem, I get where your coming from on finding it hard to go back to the smaller frames. I’m not sure I could handle a 18 or 19 inch top tube anymore either, the older bikes are still great to look at though.

Offline

 

#5 2020-05-07 1:49pm

made2drag
Pro MemberMAGA
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 10598
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

Blue_Max wrote:

made2drag wrote:

Blue_Max wrote:

That is awesome that you still have one of your original frames, I like the mix of parts you used. It kinda makes me want to fix up the GT I rode in the 90’s.

thanks man smile

No problem, I get where your coming from on finding it hard to go back to the smaller frames. I’m not sure I could handle a 18 or 19 inch top tube anymore either, the older bikes are still great to look at though.

Yes, it probably doesn't help that the mini stem has no reach and the seat post is straight, was going to put a Mallet on it but only had a black and a white and this DK has been laying around needing a home.  Another thing very weird feeling is the 44/16 when my other NS Haro's are 28/9.  44/16 feels so under powered like almost feels like I need to sit down and pedal because I spin too fast.  I'm not any taller than I was back then but it sure makes me wonder how I did can-cans at the trails and boomerangs and decades in parking lots.

Offline

 

#6 2020-05-07 2:19pm

Raven
AdminRetired Action Man
From: Sydney, Australia DownUnder
Registered: 2011-09-10
Posts: 14987
Bikes: 13
Website
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

coolcool


This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

Offline

 

#7 2020-05-19 7:34am

fiftyone50
Pro Member
From: Missouri
Registered: 2009-03-16
Posts: 357
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: 1989 Haro Master

Turned out great! cool


My retromidnewschool 2000 dyno slammer build thread for the 2020 covid buildoff link:

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 68&p=1

Offline

 

Board footer