You are not logged in.

Sorry to be so blunt!  RSS Feed

#26 2020-03-29 9:38am

johnnyC
Pro Member
From: Michigan
Registered: 2007-04-16
Posts: 1340
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

you should probably call Dr Fauci and tell him he's wrong.

Offline

 

#27 2020-03-29 10:55am

flock53
Pro Member
From: Twin Lakes, WI
Registered: 2009-12-28
Posts: 6042

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

johnnyC wrote:

you should probably call Dr Fauci and tell him he's wrong.

Well....the 1st doomsday numbers are already walked back. If you dont want to be held to a prediction....ZIP IT


Dragon Energy

Offline

 

#28 2020-04-02 5:49pm

skywaychump
Pro MemberA.K.A. Changachump
From: Tyngsboro, MA
Registered: 2009-03-30
Posts: 4814
Bikes: 4

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

Yep. Staying home. Going out for essentials only. Rigorous decontamination efforts upon arriving home (hand sanitizer and 99% isopropanol.
My landlady/neighbor is in her eighties and compromised.
I lost my job today.


[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
"We're all gonna die, but right now we're not dead." -Joe Rogan

Offline

 

#29 2020-04-02 6:00pm

Just Time
Pro MemberCommon Sense & Common Courtesy Practitioner
From: Iowa
Registered: 2018-09-20
Posts: 1523
Bikes: 2

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

changachump wrote:

Yep. Staying home. Going out for essentials only. Rigorous decontamination efforts upon arriving home (hand sanitizer and 99% isopropanol.
My landlady/neighbor is in her eighties and compromised.
I lost my job today.

That sucks about your job man!
It's weird wiping everything down coming in, but necessary. The elderly have me super worried and watching them not be able to go anywhere or have visits is a bummer.


Be Real.. Be You..

Offline

 

#30 2020-04-02 6:04pm

skywaychump
Pro MemberA.K.A. Changachump
From: Tyngsboro, MA
Registered: 2009-03-30
Posts: 4814
Bikes: 4

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

Just Time wrote:

changachump wrote:

Yep. Staying home. Going out for essentials only. Rigorous decontamination efforts upon arriving home (hand sanitizer and 99% isopropanol.
My landlady/neighbor is in her eighties and compromised.
I lost my job today.

That sucks about your job man!
It's weird wiping everything down coming in, but necessary. The elderly have me super worried and watching them not be able to go anywhere or have visits is a bummer.

Thanks man.
It suck because I usually cook her dinner a few times a week, get the mail, etc.
I can't do any of that for fear of bringing the virus to her after being out and about.


[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
"We're all gonna die, but right now we're not dead." -Joe Rogan

Offline

 

#31 2020-04-02 6:07pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 24399
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 2

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

binman wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

This message is to you people that are taking this as a joke!
Corona-19 is real as F**K!
My girlfriend of 17 years is a front line, and seeing things you don't want to hear!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!

Right there in the same boat. My wife’s a nurse, my mate’s wife is a nurse and three blokes I work with wives are nurses. All saying the same things. Fuggin’ bedlam.

We can make all the jokes and post silly memes we want but when it comes to it, stay away from other people. Don’t spread this shit.

If you don’t care about people, care about your job. Both will be saved sooner if you do the right thing. Unfortunately not all though. sad

the people at the end of my block did not get that message. they had a birthday party for their kid.. parents were dropping of their kids at the house. could not believe it. I seen it while pedaling round my block on my bike. I can only stay in doors so long.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#32 2020-04-02 6:10pm

Just Time
Pro MemberCommon Sense & Common Courtesy Practitioner
From: Iowa
Registered: 2018-09-20
Posts: 1523
Bikes: 2

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

changachump wrote:

Just Time wrote:

changachump wrote:

Yep. Staying home. Going out for essentials only. Rigorous decontamination efforts upon arriving home (hand sanitizer and 99% isopropanol.
My landlady/neighbor is in her eighties and compromised.
I lost my job today.

That sucks about your job man!
It's weird wiping everything down coming in, but necessary. The elderly have me super worried and watching them not be able to go anywhere or have visits is a bummer.

Thanks man.
It suck because I usually cook her dinner a few times a week, get the mail, etc.
I can't do any of that for fear of bringing the virus to her after being out and about.

I hear you. I'm used to my grandmother calling and asking when I'm coming up. Now she calls and says don't come, not used to that. I don't want to see people live to be 80 plus and get taken out by this stuff..

Last edited by Just Time (2020-04-02 6:32pm)


Be Real.. Be You..

Offline

 

#33 2020-04-02 6:14pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 24399
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 2

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

flock53 wrote:

johnnyC wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

This message is to you people that are taking this as a joke!
Corona-19 is real as F**K!
My girlfriend of 17 years is a front line, and seeing things you don't want to hear!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!

I went to walk my dogs at the park the other day.  Staying in a far less social part of the park-camp ground that is not open for the season yet-and there was a large group having a chocolate starfish hunt-2 tables, kids at least 10 people just laughing and having a good time.  This was after our governor issued a state wide shut down.  Sad but that is exactly how this thing will stay alive.

Maybe a family gathering...in the same shut down area you were in. Quit using your dog as an excuse the "state wide shutdown"...stay home

yup unless you live in a apartment building. your dog can do its business in the back yard. away from stuff others may have touched.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#34 2020-04-02 6:53pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
From: Demotte, IN
Registered: 2012-01-08
Posts: 6735
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 1

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.


Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

Offline

 

#35 2020-04-02 7:41pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
From: Illernoize
Registered: 2008-11-25
Posts: 15207
Bikes: 2

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

Are you wearing your panties on your face as a mask?


neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

Offline

 

#36 2020-04-02 7:53pm

tacoman
Pro Member
From: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Registered: 2010-06-04
Posts: 5070
Bikes: 8

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

binman wrote:

flock53 wrote:

binman wrote:

It'll probably be a while yet before we see either.

What's it really matter? Countries will have there own, each state will have it's own, countries, etc.

Once the dust settles, the tally is probably more important to individuals. The mortality rate will be more important at national level, i.e. affecting governments and their responses.

EDIT: The mortality rate is massively important. If there is variation from country to country it's because of health systems, population health, pollution levels (yes, it can determine the health of individuals lungs), government restrictions and how soon they reacted, etc. But all regional mortality rates will be in the same ball park.

Flock - are you comparing influenza statistics (USA) over a 12 month span to Covid 19 stats over the last 1.5 to 2 mos?
The "final tally" comes Feb of 2021.   
We compare apples to apples then.

Per CDC - 35 million influenza cases in 2019 and @ 34k deaths.

Last edited by tacoman (2020-04-02 8:00pm)

Offline

 

#37 2020-04-02 8:30pm

buddhashenglong
Pro Member"torque monster"
From: Colorado
Registered: 2009-07-28
Posts: 1601
Bikes: 3

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

The fact that you can have and spread it unwittingly makes you a liability to other people. Also consider the people still working who have to deal with the public, especially medical professionals. They are having a really hard time as it is. They're getting overworked and emotionally exhausted. Not to mention underequipped.


Check out the Eclipse Show on KGNU.org Sunday 7pm MST Old School New School True School hip hop
88.5 fm boulder 1390 am denver CO
Podcast available at afterfm.com/eclipse

Offline

 

#38 2020-04-02 9:36pm

flock53
Pro Member
From: Twin Lakes, WI
Registered: 2009-12-28
Posts: 6042

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

tacoman wrote:

binman wrote:

flock53 wrote:


What's it really matter? Countries will have there own, each state will have it's own, countries, etc.

Once the dust settles, the tally is probably more important to individuals. The mortality rate will be more important at national level, i.e. affecting governments and their responses.

EDIT: The mortality rate is massively important. If there is variation from country to country it's because of health systems, population health, pollution levels (yes, it can determine the health of individuals lungs), government restrictions and how soon they reacted, etc. But all regional mortality rates will be in the same ball park.

Flock - are you comparing influenza statistics (USA) over a 12 month span to Covid 19 stats over the last 1.5 to 2 mos?
The "final tally" comes Feb of 2021.   
We compare apples to apples then.

Per CDC - 35 million influenza cases in 2019 and @ 34k deaths.

I dont think I was....but yeah, we can compare at the end of this


Dragon Energy

Offline

 

#39 2020-04-02 9:39pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-03-25
Posts: 9983
For Sale: 3

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

Are you wearing your panties on your face as a mask?

lol


'El Derecho de Vivir en Paz'

Offline

 

#40 2020-04-02 9:57pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
From: Southern Indiana
Registered: 2009-10-27
Posts: 26502
Bikes: 17
Website

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

binman wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

This message is to you people that are taking this as a joke!
Corona-19 is real as F**K!
My girlfriend of 17 years is a front line, and seeing things you don't want to hear!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!
STAY HOME!

Right there in the same boat. My wife’s a nurse, my mate’s wife is a nurse and three blokes I work with wives are nurses. All saying the same things. Fuggin’ bedlam.

We can make all the jokes and post silly memes we want but when it comes to it, stay away from other people. Don’t spread this shit.

If you don’t care about people, care about your job. Both will be saved sooner if you do the right thing. Unfortunately not all though. sad

the people at the end of my block did not get that message. they had a birthday party for their kid.. parents were dropping of their kids at the house. could not believe it. I seen it while pedaling round my block on my bike. I can only stay in doors so long.

Why were you out watching a kids Birthday party ?


[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#41 2020-04-02 11:02pm

binman
Pro MemberAlcohol Guidelines
From: Northern Ireland
Registered: 2012-05-22
Posts: 2460
Bikes: 3

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

It’s not necessarily about you surviving, it’s about you spreading it. You don’t know when you catch it and for a couple of days before you show it you are contagious.

Although if you gave it to your neighbours.......


Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women!
Drunkards hunt booze, booze hunts alcoholics. I'm a drunkard because I don't go to all those meetings.
We will wear your people as skins for our shoes since they are used to the gutter.
'You, you and you panic. The rest of you...come with me!'    'Yes Sir!'

Offline

 

#42 2020-04-02 11:08pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'
From: Havelock NC
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 30823

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

Are you wearing your panties on your face as a mask?

Hello! he is a man,so he will be wearing a speedo.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

Offline

 

#43 2020-04-02 11:15pm

radovr
Pro MemberDrunken Slut
From: Western Australia
Registered: 2013-06-17
Posts: 5523
Bikes: 19

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

budgy smugglers

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/174800/bu5e86d481e8.jpg

Offline

 

#44 2020-04-03 1:21am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 16299

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

binman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

I do what I want. As of right now statistically speaking I have a 98% chance of surviving the pandemic if I got it. I like those odds.

It’s not necessarily about you surviving, it’s about you spreading it. You don’t know when you catch it and for a couple of days before you show it you are contagious.

Exactly.


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

Offline

 

#45 2020-04-03 1:22am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 16299

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

Offline

 

#46 2020-04-03 1:28am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 16299

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

radovr wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/174800/screenshot_2020-04-02-19-43-085e85d06967.png

Not gay


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

Offline

 

#47 2020-04-03 1:32am

radovr
Pro MemberDrunken Slut
From: Western Australia
Registered: 2013-06-17
Posts: 5523
Bikes: 19

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

lol  agreed

Offline

 

#48 2020-04-03 3:17am

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
From: Demotte, IN
Registered: 2012-01-08
Posts: 6735
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 1

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

Sorry I didn’t get back to all your comments last night. I was too busy at a party of about 40 people. It was awesome! Now I am up and heading to Walmart then the grocery store and I don’t know maybe a couple other places where people congregate because I need to socialize. But don’t worry, I will keep my 6 ft distance. It’s going to be a fun day thinning out the weak! tongue


Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

Offline

 

#49 2020-04-03 3:57am

binman
Pro MemberAlcohol Guidelines
From: Northern Ireland
Registered: 2012-05-22
Posts: 2460
Bikes: 3

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

kalel92198 wrote:

Sorry I didn’t get back to all your comments last night. I was too busy at a party of about 40 people. It was awesome! Now I am up and heading to Walmart then the grocery store and I don’t know maybe a couple other places where people congregate because I need to socialize. But don’t worry, I will keep my 6 ft distance. It’s going to be a fun day thinning out the weak! tongue

The need to socialise is a weakness! big_smile


Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women!
Drunkards hunt booze, booze hunts alcoholics. I'm a drunkard because I don't go to all those meetings.
We will wear your people as skins for our shoes since they are used to the gutter.
'You, you and you panic. The rest of you...come with me!'    'Yes Sir!'

Offline

 

#50 2020-04-03 4:48am

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
From: Demotte, IN
Registered: 2012-01-08
Posts: 6735
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 1

Re: Sorry to be so blunt!

binman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

Sorry I didn’t get back to all your comments last night. I was too busy at a party of about 40 people. It was awesome! Now I am up and heading to Walmart then the grocery store and I don’t know maybe a couple other places where people congregate because I need to socialize. But don’t worry, I will keep my 6 ft distance. It’s going to be a fun day thinning out the weak! tongue

The need to socialise is a weakness! big_smile

On a serious note we haven’t had anything that lowered world population in decades. Something was bound to give wether it was war, genocide or this. I think this is the most humane way to lower the world population. Question is how many people will the coronavirus take before there is a vaccine. And no I will not succumb to communist bullcrap. I will go out when I need to go out. I might not go to the movies or to the mall but no one is going to prevent me from going for a bike ride, getting groceries or going to a friends house to hang out. You people in America better wake the fukc up because right now you live in Russia. You are told where to go how much to buy threaten to arrest you if you partake in civil liberties all because you have a 2% chance of dying. If you think this is temporary just wait. After this is over federal and local governments will now have an excuse to control more of your lives using possible health issues as an excuse. Welcome to U.S. socialism ladies cause this is just the beginning!


Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →