RAD movie release coming July 10th!

#1 2020-03-06 8:54pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Signed up: 2013-10-06
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

RAD movie release coming July 10th!

Larger theatrical release coming soon and blu-ray release supposed to be this summer!!!

I contacted the distributor, after hearing about the 4k remaster coming to SXSW (that is now cancelled), to see if there are plans for Chicago area theaters and when blu-ray is coming.

Here is the response from them:

"...the good news is that there's an impending theatrical release (we'll announce soon). Chicago's definitely in the works and there's also going to be a special Blu-Ray release this summer as well! Be sure to follow @UtopiaMovies on instagram for more or, @radmoviesofficial (FB) @rad_movie (IG) as well where we'll be sharing the latest."

I am not on FB or IG, so, if anyone follows that and gets updates please post here. big_smile

UPDATE:

Bluray preorder announced:
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26605

Here is direct link if you don't want to read the article:
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/rad

The PR guy I emailed confirmed that there will be a DVD and other versions sometime after the 4k collector's release later this year. cool

UPDATE 2 July 2020:

Heard back about the next release from Utopia for RAD, here is what they said::

"We are working on the next stage of our home video release (including an official DVD) but don't have news to share formally yet. In the meantime, we're focused on our digital release this month. Next Friday 7/10 a very special "Superfan Edition" will release on the new platform Altavod. From 7/10 - 24, Supefans have a chance to rent the film early and it will be the only location online to include original bonus footage and, a brand new Q&A with cast/crew hosted by Jorma Taccone of The Lonely Island. 10% of every rental will also go towards CYCLE Kids:
https://www.altavod.com/content/rad

Following the early Superfan release, the Rad restoration will also release on all major Digital & On Demand platforms on July 24th. A pre-order is actually available on AppleTV as well:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/rad/id1518675625 "

UPDATE 3 Nov 2020:

RAD HD showing on Showtime this month! cool

Last edited by fairlyodddad (2020-11-16 10:58am)

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#2 2020-03-07 2:37am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Signed up: 2009-04-12
Bikes: 14

Re: RAD movie release coming July 10th!

I hope it's going to also be on regular DVD and not only blue ray.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#3 2020-03-07 5:29am

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Signed up: 2013-08-26
Bikes: 3

I'm already in line outside Best Buy

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

#4 2020-03-07 8:49am

fairlyodddad

justlive wrote:

Yeah I'm sure, I only asked about blu.

But if they have only 1 release I'm sure would be combo with dvd included.

I'm excited to see it in theater! Never have.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#5 2020-03-07 8:49am

fairlyodddad

brettweir89 wrote:

lol

#6 2020-03-07 9:49am

justlive

fairlyodddad wrote:

justlive wrote:

Same here. I remember the kids that lived across the street from me told me their parents ordered pizza and rented a new movie that just came out called Rad and invited all the kids on the street to come watch it. There was about 10-15 of us in their family room lol. I had no idea what I was about to watch. Then I saw the opening credits cool

Last edited by justlive (2020-03-07 9:49am)

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#7 2020-03-07 9:49am

justlive

fairlyodddad wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

lol

lollol

#8 2020-03-07 11:19am

fairlyodddad

justlive wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

justlive wrote:

Same here. I remember the kids that lived across the street from me told me their parents ordered pizza and rented a new movie that just came out called Rad and invited all the kids on the street to come watch it. There was about 10-15 of us in their family room lol. I had no idea what I was about to watch. Then I saw the opening credits cool

Damn that's cool! Don't see that much these days. We used to have block parties bitd, too.

#9 2020-03-07 12:56pm

Schmittstix
Pro Member
Signed up: 2017-10-18
Bikes: 9

brettweir89 wrote:

Cool I'm in line at the mall, at my suncoast. Cant wait. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/247515/suncoast-motion-picture-co-beaumont-texas-video-store5e640a62c6.jpg

#10 2020-03-07 1:08pm

justlive

Schmittstix wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Cool I'm in line at the mall, at my suncoast. Cant wait. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0a62c6.jpg

I loved Suncoast lol.

#11 2020-03-07 2:27pm

fairlyodddad

Schmittstix wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Cool I'm in line at the mall, at my suncoast. Cant wait. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0a62c6.jpg

HAHA NICE!

#12 2020-03-07 2:45pm

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Signed up: 2005-10-15
Bikes: 447
For Sale: 2
Website

Kevin Hull just confirmed that SXSW has been cancelled..due to Virus...meh..

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#13 2020-03-07 2:54pm

fairlyodddad

GAry wrote:

Kevin Hull just confirmed that SXSW has been cancelled..due to Virus...meh..

Yeah.  But at least there is larger release coming and Blu-ray soon!

#14 2020-03-08 4:54pm

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Signed up: 2014-08-01

justlive wrote:

'
Because...

Am I Beast Or Am I Human..Am I Just Like You?

#15 2020-03-08 6:52pm

justlive

ABA180 wrote:

justlive wrote:

'
Because...

Because it took me forever to find all the movies I had on vhs and get the DVD versions way back when. I drew the line when they came out with blue ray. I'm just fine with regular DVD. A picture can only get so much clearer. It just never impressed me.

#16 2020-03-08 7:25pm

BMX_DNA
Pro Member
Signed up: 2012-04-26

Napoleon Dynamite Voice...

"YESSSSSSSSssssss."

WANTED:
General Bicycles Jersey, Excellent Condition, Adult L or XL

#17 2020-03-08 8:16pm

fairlyodddad

BMX_DNA wrote:

Napoleon Dynamite Voice...

"YESSSSSSSSssssss."

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5891789ef88f7c2037366349/master/w_1600%2Cc_limit/Napoleon-Dynamite-Dance600px.gif

#18 2020-03-08 8:23pm

auldfart
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2019-03-03

justlive wrote:

ABA180 wrote:

justlive wrote:

'
Because...

Because it took me forever to find all the movies I had on vhs and get the DVD versions way back when. I drew the line when they came out with blue ray. I'm just fine with regular DVD. A picture can only get so much clearer. It just never impressed me.

Exactly, and I'm not getting a Blu Ray player any time soon, depite being able to get them cheap or possibly free. Besides, my eyesight likely isn't good enough to tell the difference anyway. tongue

#19 2020-03-08 10:31pm

NormNorth76
Pro Member
Signed up: 2017-01-24

I’ve never seen movie on anything other than vhs, beta or DVD. No bluray or laser disc

#20 2020-03-09 4:20am

justlive

auldfart wrote:

justlive wrote:

ABA180 wrote:

'
Because...

Exactly, and I'm not getting a Blu Ray player any time soon, depite being able to get them cheap or possibly free. Besides, my eyesight likely isn't good enough to tell the difference anyway. tongue

Lol same here on the eyesight. But that's the same with TV's too. They have 4k, 7k, Uktra HD etc etc. I mean I can see the difference but honestly, how much clearer can a picture actually get until you're actually IN the tv? lol

#21 2020-03-09 5:07am

jray02r1
Pro Member
Signed up: 2014-03-24
Bikes: 49
For Sale: 3

I just hope they release it with a digital copy for vudu/moviesanywhere

#22 2020-03-09 5:14am

redlinerl20
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-04-18
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 42

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/5357/20200309_0813075e66332059.jpg
IG POST

If I try to Qualify for Hell Track ....will you be there.......

#23 2020-03-09 1:02pm

JerseyGirlBMX1979
Pro Member
Signed up: 2013-07-08
Bikes: 12

coolcoolcoolcool

Looking for Mongoose pad set black 83'

#24 2020-03-09 1:11pm

fairlyodddad

#25 2020-03-09 7:11pm

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Signed up: 2014-08-01

justlive wrote:

ABA180 wrote:

justlive wrote:

'
Because...

I dig.  I always said I wouldn't go BluRay unless my DVD player died and I had to replace it anyway.  I did get a BluRay in 2015 and put the DVD in the bedroom. 

I buy both now though.  Much as I love Star Wars I'm not re-buying them on Bluray unless they croak

Am I Beast Or Am I Human..Am I Just Like You?

Board footer