You are not logged in.

coronavirus - per CDC "not if, but when"  RSS Feed

#1 2020-02-25 3:42pm

tacoman
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

coronavirus - per CDC "not if, but when"

Anyone with medical professionals in the fam or network?

What is their opinion?

#2 2020-02-25 3:48pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 6
Website

Re: coronavirus - per CDC "not if, but when"

I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#3 2020-02-25 3:49pm

tacoman
Pro Member

itsdug wrote:

I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I can always count on you for a good laugh.  lol

#4 2020-02-25 3:53pm

tacoman
Pro Member

Stock mkt is down ("buy" in the dip is the recommendation)
Public alarm is up
Trump M.D. says all "is under control here in the US"

#5 2020-02-25 4:13pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

Not a medical expert,but I did capitalize from this,now it has come to a halt for me.....sucks really.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#6 2020-02-25 4:47pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Bikes: 3

Ever read The Stand?

I have been in the Boston NEIDL (no I'm not going to talk about it). BSL 3/4 folks.

This is no fear mongering or such but this type of stuff is the real deal. This might not be as fatal as the Sci Fi network but when Governments tell populations everything is awesome, that's when its time to worry.

Personally for precautionary measures what can the average joe do? Buy canned fruits and beans and meats, dry goods, energy bars, things like that that are shelf stable for awhile. Bottled waters and other beverages. Biggest worry is SH1* gets bad and you quarantine yourself and/or family. Need to eat and drink.

The original Patient Zero they have pretty firm down to the outdoor fish/exotic food market, which is right outside a Chinese bio research facility.

Stuff ain't linear folks. Its not 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. It's 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc.

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

#7 2020-02-25 4:50pm

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 22

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

I have been in the Boston NEIDL (no I'm not going to talk about it). BSL 3/4 folks.

This is no fear mongering or such but this type of stuff is the real deal. This might not be as fatal as the Sci Fi network but when Governments tell populations everything is awesome, that's when its time to worry.

Personally for precautionary measures what can the average joe do? Buy canned fruits and beans and meats, dry goods, energy bars, things like that that are shelf stable for awhile. Bottled waters and other beverages. Biggest worry is SH1* gets bad and you quarantine yourself and/or family. Need to eat and drink.

The original Patient Zero they have pretty firm down to the outdoor fish/exotic food market, which is right outside a Chinese bio research facility.

Stuff ain't linear folks. Its not 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. It's 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc.

Get out of my head!  This situation has been reminding me of The Stand since day one!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#8 2020-02-25 5:05pm

tacoman
Pro Member

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

Had to google NEIDL and BSL 3/4...
Did not know what that meant...and now i do.

Never read The Stand...but knew exactly what you were referencing! 

I kinda blew this off until 3 ish weeks ago.
It's got my attention now.
We have reworked spring break plans as a result.

I heard about that bio research facility...but not certain if it is misinformation either.

#9 2020-02-25 5:12pm

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 22

tacoman wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

I heard about that bio research facility...but not certain if it is misinformation either.

It might take about a year, but it's a good read!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#10 2020-02-25 5:12pm

tacoman
Pro Member

Viruses dont survive as long in hot weather.

Will be warm.in northern hemisphere soon....but cold in the southern hemisphere.
Virus' thrive in cold weather....i am assuming corona-v is like the flu.

Last edited by tacoman (2020-02-25 5:21pm)

#11 2020-02-25 5:18pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

perront wrote:

tacoman wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

It might take about a year, but it's a good read!

Read the uncut version, much better.

Also recommended is the old movie The Andromeda Strain (not the new crappy made for TV)

Biggest worry, real world... panic folks. Get enough cases over here, boom. Run on stores, businesses and such closed. That's why everyone has to make their own decisions, but right now can buy supplies at your leisure. Once a few hundred or thousand cases would pop up and people lose reason, not the time to go to Target. Don't think the Govt. would not impose order in whatever way needed either. Look what they did in Boston looking for the Tsaraev Brothers ... martial law and warantless searches.

Speaking of Targets, bet ya there would be plenty of lefty anti-gun folks wishing they had something if things went downhill and there were no friendly police to save their A$$ and their friendly lefty neighbors turn on each other.

Last edited by brettweir89 (2020-02-25 5:22pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)

#12 2020-02-25 5:20pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

tacoman wrote:

Viruses dont survive as long in hot weather.

Will be warm.in northern hemisphere soon....but cold in the southern hemisphere.
Virus' thrive in cold weather.

Yep, certainly could migrate Southern hemisphere and come roaring back up North come this Fall. Dangerous game of tennis.

#13 2020-02-25 5:22pm

esp_mini_wi
Pro Member
For Sale: 16

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/85267/img_20200203_2306290095e55c84009.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/85267/img_20200203_2307075845e55c86b3f.jpg

I need beaners!!!!!!

#14 2020-02-25 5:23pm

Mich BMX
Pro MemberNo Lie!
For Sale: 21

tacoman wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

Were you going to China for Spring Break???

Please.....no Tuff Wheels on full on race bikes...original graphite’s only and pre 81 and never on a cruiser for God’s sake
Let me guess you were factory sponsored in
the 80’s...
Please no colored tires on race bikes...
So how many years were you a Pro....
You knew a guy that had a Mongoose that weighed 12 pounds

#15 2020-02-25 5:32pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

The current outbreak is the newest (believe 7th) strain.

From Lysol: https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/unde … ronavirus/

In legal speak, they are saying maybe maybe not.

#16 2020-02-25 5:40pm

flock53
Pro Member

Wife works in a lab and shes not concerned. Just a bad flu bug, nothing more.

Dragon Energy

#17 2020-02-25 5:47pm

Undercover Poe
Pro MemberB L A Z I N G !
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 1

According to Macka B all we have to do is eat cucumba’s!

Last edited by Undercover Poe (2020-05-14 11:52am)

#18 2020-02-25 5:53pm

radovr
Pro MemberDrunken Slut
Bikes: 19

Yep also read The Stand ...... 
It seams to be spiking every 3 days or so in China . Been watching the numbers grow daily in China and globally.  This thing ain't going to go away quickly. 
Been going since what ,  early december and no cure so far !  Not a good sign .

#19 2020-02-25 5:55pm

tacoman
Pro Member

Mich BMX wrote:

tacoman wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Ever read The Stand?

Were you going to China for Spring Break???

Italy.
Towns are quarantined in N Italy i hear.

I told.the old lady 3 weeks ago....we were not going.

#20 2020-02-25 5:57pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 6
Website

If it was made in China it shouldn't last long.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#21 2020-02-26 5:27am

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 5

My gal is in the medical field and not just assistant nurse she actually has a bachelor's degree RN/BSN and has mentioned this as being a high level flu or for a better word, flu with no cure.  I know this, I am trying to keep the overseas ordering and deliveries to a minimum. I definitely don't want this shit hand delivered to my door neutral

I have also heard about the fish markets being ground zero, where this started and started to spread. Crazy how some of you are mentioning movies or referring to movies as a comparison. I  have done the same thing myself. When I first saw anything about this madness, they were checking people's ears and giving them the go ahead or the no go. I thought about a movie as well, I am Legend yikes
The only thing is, there's no nighttime zombies running around and eating people. yikes

I believe in conspiracy theories to a degree and this could be a manufactured disease, COULD BE that is. I know that if anything, this is a big ass test for the professionals to figure out.

The fact is and as of now, no cure , people are dieing left and right where the virus started. I am definitely not trying to live in fear and trying not to overthink but its definitely a little bit concerning and I definitely cant control my concerns.

After I have looked at everything that I just typed. I have no fking Idea and neither does any of you lol. I have just waisted a bunch of time to add something to this thread lol

Good luck everyone!
Hopefully none of us will find out the hard way and I am hoping loke hell that this is able to be cured and stopped. I still have a lot of things that I want to do before I go. I'm definitely a lot closer to 50 than I am 20 so hopefully the good ole immune system will fight this shit off if I cross paths with this Coronavirus.

Just what we need, more shots and vaccinations  neutral

If winning isn't everything then why do they keep score?

#22 2020-02-26 9:36am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberLIFE AIN'T NOTHING BUT "BITCHES & $$$”
Bikes: 42
For Sale: 15

Jettn25 wrote:

My gal is in the medical field and not just assistant nurse she actually has a bachelor's degree RN/BSN and has mentioned this as being a high level flu or for a better word, flu with no cure.  I know this, I am trying to keep the overseas ordering and deliveries to a minimum. I definitely don't want this shit hand delivered to my door neutral

I have also heard about the fish markets being ground zero, where this started and started to spread. Crazy how some of you are mentioning movies or referring to movies as a comparison. I  have done the same thing myself. When I first saw anything about this madness, they were checking people's ears and giving them the go ahead or the no go. I thought about a movie as well, I am Legend yikes
The only thing is, there's no nighttime zombies running around and eating people. yikes

I believe in conspiracy theories to a degree and this could be a manufactured disease, COULD BE that is. I know that if anything, this is a big ass test for the professionals to figure out.

The fact is and as of now, no cure , people are dieing left and right where the virus started. I am definitely not trying to live in fear and trying not to overthink but its definitely a little bit concerning and I definitely cant control my concerns.

After I have looked at everything that I just typed. I have no fking Idea and neither does any of you lol. I have just waisted a bunch of time to add something to this thread lol

Good luck everyone!
Hopefully none of us will find out the hard way and I am hoping loke hell that this is able to be cured and stopped. I still have a lot of things that I want to do before I go. I'm definitely a lot closer to 50 than I am 20 so hopefully the good ole immune system will fight this shit off if I cross paths with this Coronavirus.

you should add this comment to this thread........

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=816794

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/26wxcdHG/picmonkey-collage-jpg1-zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#23 2020-02-26 9:36am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberLIFE AIN'T NOTHING BUT "BITCHES & $$$”
Bikes: 42
For Sale: 15

Jettn25 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

you should add this comment to this thread........

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=816794

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/26wxcdHG/picmonkey-collage-jpg1-zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#24 2020-02-26 10:06am

Vert Ripper
Pro MemberCruiser Junkie
Bikes: 11

CDC reports that 56000 Americans die per year from the flu. So far, less than 2200 have died from this, with like 81k confirmed cases.

This is a bad case of the flu. That is all. Will it suck? Yes. Will the weak, and old, and young die? Yeah. Happens with the flu too.

My girl is a registered Nurse. According to her, we should be more concerned about the antibiotic resistant bacteria that are breeding in hospitals and nursing homes around the country more than the kung flu.

Coping, cruisers and cliff jumping.

*** WTB original finish Champion 26” 3 bar cruiser. Please, no repops, rewelds, or repaints. Also, no bikes welded in 2018. ***

- Jim Sotelo

#25 2020-02-26 1:48pm

racerbvd
Pro MemberThe Catman
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 1

Byron  30+ year PCA member
Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

Board footer

View Cart →