i hate flipperz  RSS Feed

#226 2019-11-15 7:25pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Re: i hate flipperz

ANTDOG wrote:

gotta love this place big_smile

+1

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

"Thanks everyone. Don't tell anyone but I kinda like you guys." -Brian Hays

#227 2019-11-16 1:34am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

DIPSOMANIAC wrote:

justlive wrote:

I couldn't stand the flippers in the Cleveland area. They ruined for alot of us looking for a particular part for a build by ransacking local shops and low balling and just being rude to the shop owners. But that was several years ago. They've all dried up now. Another one was Gini Rini. I'm sure some of you remember Rinis. Before she passed alot of her stuff she got at a shop here in Cleveland. She would get everything dirt cheap then go back to PA and Mark it up and sell it on her site. It just bugged me because she kept coming back and buying everything. And when I would go there to get something it would be gone so then I had to go to her site and pay double and triple what I could've got it in my own backyard.

Why did you not get there first?

I'm a flipper BTW

If there were no flippers there would be a lot of unfinished builds around here

That was the nice thing about that particular shop. ACS seat clamps for instance. They literally had tons of them in assorted colors. I didn't need all of them. Just when I was doing a particular build. Well, she bought all of them and marked them up on her site. So then when I needed one I couldn't drive 15min from my house to get it. I had to order it from her site, pay three times what I would have and pay shipping, and wait a week for it to get to me. And I don't mind certain flippers. Like you said that's how alot of us get parts on here or eBay etc. But it's the shady ones I can't stand.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#228 2019-11-16 6:42am

capt.shred
Pro Member
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 2

It’s not the flippers that suck, it’s the price gougers.  I get it when it’s totally rare and whatnot, but when it’s a common S&M decal, or a Schwinn decal, A’me grip etc... all readily available, selling for $90++.   WTF?  Then I feel ok about it because they never sell it. 
So a big middle finger to the artificially inflated price gouges and a blessing to the flippers

Last edited by capt.shred (2019-11-16 7:29am)

#229 2019-11-16 6:54am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 6
Website

capt.shred wrote:

It’s not the flippers that suck, it’s the price gougers.  I get it when it’s totally rare and whatnot, but when it’s a common S&M decal, or a Schwinn decal ect...  all readily available, selling for $90++.   WTF?  Then I feel ok about it because they never sell it.  So a big middle finger to the artificially inflated price gouges and a blessing to the flippers

lol
roll

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#230 2019-11-16 8:10am

ABA180
Candy Apples
Bikes: 2

Gylles Smyth wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Flippers I don’t have too much of a problem with. Whatever. The people that bother me more than flippers are the ones that know you have scored some thing, know that you got a good deal on it and then expect you sell it to them at a fraction of what it’s actually worth.

When you think about it, a lot of flippers that sell items for tens or hundreds of times what they paid for the item are making tremendous investments of time in doing so; they might have only paid $50 for a bike, but in order to buy that bike for $50 they've spent hours traveling to and walking through garage sales, swap meets, thrift stores, and chasing down Craigslist items that often don't pan out.  If they turn around and part that bike out for $600, they're probably just getting back to making a decent hourly rate, especially when you consider the hours put in that don't result in finding anything.  And as a buyer, I recognize that part of what I'm paying for is the ability to not spend my weekends chasing around swap meets and thrift stores in the hope of finding a vintage part.

The only ones that really bother me are the ones that ridiculously low-ball when trying to acquire stuff from knowledgeable owners / collectors.  Some time ago when I sold a Patterson frame and fork, I was asking $650 (fair price at the time), I had a couple of individuals contact me with messages along the lines of, "Take $200 cash money?"  Flippers like that annoy me.

And I've zero sympathy for any flippers who lost money on a Stranger Things Mongoose.

I just talked about this the other day.  I'm sure we'd all like to be the one to score, as well.  But yes, that kind of time and running around is a job to them just like my day job is to me sometimes.

#231 2019-11-16 10:42am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
For Sale: 13

one of those S. T. mongoose are on my CL for 450 and the post is actually kinda funny but
if i was to post it here, our anal dwight schrute mod would quickly move my post to the CL section roll

DIPSOMANIAC wrote:

justlive wrote:

I couldn't stand the flippers in the Cleveland area. They ruined for alot of us looking for a particular part for a build by ransacking local shops and low balling and just being rude to the shop owners. But that was several years ago. They've all dried up now. Another one was Gini Rini. I'm sure some of you remember Rinis. Before she passed alot of her stuff she got at a shop here in Cleveland. She would get everything dirt cheap then go back to PA and Mark it up and sell it on her site. It just bugged me because she kept coming back and buying everything. And when I would go there to get something it would be gone so then I had to go to her site and pay double and triple what I could've got it in my own backyard.

i got some killer stuff from that gini/rini place in the past.
price there were all over the place there because she did not know everything she had.
shame that place is gone IMO.

capt.shred wrote:

It’s not the flippers that suck, it’s the price gougers.  I get it when it’s totally rare and whatnot, but when it’s a common S&M decal, or a Schwinn decal, A’me grip etc... all readily available, selling for $90++.   WTF?  Then I feel ok about it because they never sell it. 
So a big middle finger to the artificially inflated price gouges and a blessing to the flippers

you got the other side of this as well... lowballers. im ok with haggling and offers but fraction of your asking price are not offers but lowballing.

i just got a text from someone complaining about a stem i had. this person text me 3 or 4 times over the past month and he always wanted 40%
or so off my price. i offered to drop it 10 bucks but no less. well someone else just hit the BIN a week ago so its now gone. well this guy just texted me
b1tching about it... sorry bro! lol 

... and the same thing is going to happen to the mike buff Z rims i have up as well.
plenty of people want them but they want them for less then 300.
sorry you got to pay paypal tax or dont like that shipping wheels cost 30 bucks but
someone is going to hit the BIN and they will be gone... and once gone, they are gone.

Last edited by Draw (2019-11-16 10:47am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#232 2019-11-16 11:18am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Everyone is a flipper. I don’t know why people kid themselves

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#233 2019-11-16 1:08pm

smokeyrust
Pro Member
Bikes: 69
For Sale: 38

Even the bots are in on the action.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/171472/pg18_innovation_miso_1126---flippy-robot-burger_t6705dd0655a5e.jpg

#234 2019-11-16 1:40pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Nope. Not it. Unfortunately, I've either broken even or lost money. I'd probably buy/sell more if I could make something so I could buy something else. Vicious cycle. I may give the occasional fluff and toss though.

Last edited by eric12 (2019-11-16 1:41pm)

#235 2019-11-16 1:54pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

eric12 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Nope. Not it. Unfortunately, I've either broken even or lost money. I'd probably buy/sell more if I could make something so I could buy something else. Vicious cycle. I may give the occasional fluff and toss though.

Liar

#236 2019-11-16 2:12pm

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 5

Kurt_Rad wrote:

So much this!

Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu
*LOOKING FOR GREEN SKYWAY MAGS* A NOS REAR, OR A  NEAR MINT CONDITION PAIR [img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/39961/greenskywaysmall5d0d542f49.jpg[/img]

#237 2019-12-04 2:14pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding

I recently bought some shit I've been hunting for a while! Super thankful the guy who scored, wanted to sell/flip!

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!  Almost made it! Torn rotator cuff early November! Bummed!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#238 2019-12-04 2:30pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

I just bought a new retro mongoose and looking to let it go for $450, any takers? Forgot to add buyer covers shipping, PP fees and time and materials for boxing.

Last edited by eric12 (2019-12-04 2:32pm)

#239 2019-12-04 5:30pm

spsracer1
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
Website

Kurt_Rad wrote:

eric12 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Liar

I just give everything away. No hassle with someone complaining.

what do I get for 20 dollars?

#240 2019-12-04 5:50pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Bikes: 3

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199820/050f2ba2742e198661774153422b7d97cb887-wm5de862698e.jpg

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

#241 2019-12-05 9:15am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
For Sale: 10

Had to flip some excess last night so I can race this weekend, ya still hate me lol

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

Board footer

View Cart →