You are not logged in.

why are you in the hobby  RSS Feed

#201 2019-10-11 11:56am

knightindullarmor
Pro MemberDirty Jungle Monkey Love
From: rock revolving around 1000mph
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 3930

Re: why are you in the hobby

brettweir89 wrote:

The whole thing was unnecessary by multiple people in what was a pretty feel good thread to that point.

My bad if it no longer felt good after a certain point wink.  next time I am drinking I will try and be a bit more respectful of other people’s boundaries.
remember if ever you want it to stop just scream the safe word “dirtyjunglemonkeylove”

Last edited by knightindullarmor (2019-10-11 11:57am)


44T   COLORADO'S LONE WOLF
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

Offline

 

#202 2019-10-11 12:04pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 40649
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

Hobbes12 wrote:

Hussler wrote:

13thoni wrote:

So my girlfriend at the time was pregnant with my kid(2003) and I had the last bike I had as a kid... Thought it would be cool to clean it up and give it to him when he gets old enough to ride... Started looking into getting new parts and realized that from 90/91 until 2003/4 sooo much had changed. What is 1 1/8?? I had a lot going on at the time with my kid being born and working.. so it took a backburner for a year or so.. Then I had to do more work on my 65 Dodge dart GT and realized , " I just don't care" and while in the garage I saw my bike sittin there... Started looking more into the "BMX thing" and was hit with a lightning bolt!!! THIS IS WHERE MY PASSION IS!!! Sold the Dart and started buying bike stuff on ebay.. Baby momma was gettin angry about all the bike stuff showing up at the
house so -to my work it went! easier to smuggle in the house. Now in 07 I joined here and the madness continued! My tastes have changed over the years but always a fan of old school.. probably why I like retro stuff.. Met a few folks in Rockford and started learning so many things! BMX society  was fun but not as lively as the museum. So here I am.. about 35 bikes, redoing my garage for primarily a bike room and my wife(not the complaining baby momma) thinks I need more bikes! She likes all of them as long as they are neat and orderly... We keep money separate so I get to buy/spend whatever I want on bikes as long as bills are paid. I love riding and collecting... Can't do too much crazy stuff anymore.. back surgeries will do that.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 13dea.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 13de4.jpeg
My work spot .. people ask about bmx stuff and have gotten a couple nice scores..

hey gary get this guy some bmxmuseum stickers for his booth

I just need a Address wink

wink


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Offline

 

#203 2019-10-11 12:07pm

KuWa FS
Pro MemberKuwahara Freestyler
From: Colorado
Registered: 2009-04-30
Posts: 6283
Bikes: 7

Re: why are you in the hobby

brettweir89 wrote:

The whole thing was unnecessary by multiple people in what was a pretty feel good thread to that point.

Nope clearly all my fault everyone else here is completely innocent!!!  The Gods, i mean Mods have spoken!!!!

Now back the the regularly scheduled program of a bunch of dudes posting about jerking each other off the the official bmxmuseum chocolate starfish hunt.

big_smile


Frankn kuwi u lined em up like the 3 stooges and back slapped the fork out the glitches!
Pimp Status!

When I'm dead, i'll stop riding bikes.

Offline

 

#204 2019-10-11 12:45pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 40649
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

KuWa FS wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

The whole thing was unnecessary by multiple people in what was a pretty feel good thread to that point.

Nope clearly all my fault everyone else here is completely innocent!!!  The Gods, i mean Mods have spoken!!!!

Now back the the regularly scheduled program of a bunch of dudes posting about jerking each other off the the official bmxmuseum chocolate starfish hunt.

big_smile

Not 100% you, but you where the main stirrer of the pot...

If you want to continue, I can make it look like it 100%


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Offline

 

#205 2019-10-11 1:10pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 884
For Sale: 1

Re: why are you in the hobby

Hobbes12 wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

Hussler wrote:

hey gary get this guy some bmxmuseum stickers for his booth

I just need a Address wink

wink

wink

Last edited by Hussler (2019-10-11 1:11pm)


Tomo arigato Mr RoboDyno

Offline

 

#206 2019-10-11 11:25pm

cbrstar
Pro Member
From: Alberta Canada
Registered: 2016-07-25
Posts: 1855

Re: why are you in the hobby

...Edit* I see a huge chunk of the convo just went poof. yikes would have deleted but I can't

Last edited by cbrstar (2019-10-11 11:28pm)

Offline

 

#207 2019-10-11 11:29pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 40649
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

cbrstar wrote:

...Edit* I see a huge chunk of the convo just went poof. yikes would have deleted but I can't

You know what Thread to go check...


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Offline

 

#208 2019-10-11 11:46pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
From: Southern Indiana
Registered: 2009-10-27
Posts: 26529
Bikes: 17
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

Hobbes12 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

The whole thing was unnecessary by multiple people in what was a pretty feel good thread to that point.

Nope clearly all my fault everyone else here is completely innocent!!!  The Gods, i mean Mods have spoken!!!!

Now back the the regularly scheduled program of a bunch of dudes posting about jerking each other off the the official bmxmuseum chocolate starfish hunt.

big_smile

Not 100% you, but you where the main stirrer of the pot...

If you want to continue, I can make it look like it 100%

Wipe this out too on this thread.

Kuaa FS just brings the worst out of guys on here. Has for a long time now. I was so happy when he went silent and then BAM ! He mentioned my name and came out swinging. Sent me several messages because you know.... He has to be right. Sorry guys but he just brings the worsy out of me and I wasn't moderate. I'll try to be more days to come. We've had a bunch of stirrers but latley the guys that thought were stirring are actually really good members. Mr. Kurt Rad comes to mind. C'mom ! Step up here and get your picture taken with GAry. Hurt has been a damn good boy if I don't say so myself ! smile


[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#209 2019-10-12 3:43am

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberJust when you’ve seen it all
From: Conway, SC
Registered: 2017-02-13
Posts: 6386
Bikes: 3

Re: why are you in the hobby

Yeah, my bad I might’ve taken it off topic a bit. Had a few too many last night tongue

But seriously, I got here looking for parts, found them. Then found other folks with my F’ed up sense of humor. Stuck around and bought a frame and me not wanting a FB account made me stay. This is more entertaining then anything social media can offer!


“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Squatted trucks: What kind of mental midget, coconut humping, poop throwing from a tree, goat herding, mouth breathing, short bus riding, glass licking have you seen my helmet moron thought it was cool.

Offline

 

#210 2019-10-12 5:51am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
From: Willowick, Oh
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 8345
Bikes: 12

Re: why are you in the hobby

CanyonCrusher wrote:

Yeah, my bad I might’ve taken it off topic a bit. Had a few too many last night tongue

But seriously, I got here looking for parts, found them. Then found other folks with my F’ed up sense of humor. Stuck around and bought a frame and me not wanting a FB account made me stay. This is more entertaining then anything social media can offer!

Yeah, we all do that sometimes lol. Probably no different than if we were actually all together in person lol. Just sucks when some people get too carried away and forget we're all here because we share the same crazy passion cool

It's funny. I was a member at vbmx bitd and met a guy locally that turns out was a mod on here. I had never heard of the place before and he told me to check it out. So I did and I've been here ever since. A little rough around here in the beginning but definitely smoothed out over the years with alot of great guys and mods still around after the dust settled. Unfortunately my relationship with this place lasted longer than my friendship with the ex mod. But I think I got the better of the two in the split lol.


-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

Offline

 

#211 2019-10-12 6:29am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
From: Other
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 41386
Bikes: 84
For Sale: 5
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

Why am I here? I like bmx bikes. I have since I was a kid. I like finding them, the hunt. I like building and rebuilding them. A little time in the garage with a bike and some music is therapeutic. I like coming here to find a part that I need. I like coming here to learn something I didn’t know before. I like socializing with good people that have a common interest. I like sharing my interest in bmx with my kids. And yes, I like riding my bikes too. Sometimes it’s a cruise with my family. Sometimes it’s me blasting around town to blow off a little work stress that has built up. Sometimes I’ll take a bike to the skatepark and try and have a little fun. For me this is fun. It’s a chance to take a step back because sometimes real adult life can get a bit heavy. This is a simple way to create some balance. No I am not a pro level freestyle rider and no I don’t race competitively but neither of those make me feel like I don’t belong here. When it all boils down where are all pretty much here because of 20” bikes. Rather than trying to make people feel less because their investment is different than yours should we not be supporting each other to try and build this hobby and lifestyle up as a whole? I like bikes. I find bikes. I build bikes. I sell bikes. I ride bikes. I learn about bikes. One thing that I haven’t mentioned is that I’ve met a good number of people here that I consider to be a friend. Many I chat with regularly outside of the walls of the museum and quite a few I’ve had the chance to spend time with in person. To me that’s invaluable.


bold

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b65e1d4b4d05.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#212 2019-10-12 6:29am

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 3718
Bikes: 5

Re: why are you in the hobby

To check out the bikes and stuff. Have enjoyed it and the various characters,  misfits, experts and friends I have met since then.

Last edited by turdburd (2019-10-12 1:24pm)


ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

Online

 

#213 2019-10-12 9:44am

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'
From: Havelock NC
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 31002

Re: why are you in the hobby

brackett wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:


Nope clearly all my fault everyone else here is completely innocent!!!  The Gods, i mean Mods have spoken!!!!

Now back the the regularly scheduled program of a bunch of dudes posting about jerking each other off the the official bmxmuseum chocolate starfish hunt.

big_smile

Not 100% you, but you where the main stirrer of the pot...

If you want to continue, I can make it look like it 100%

Wipe this out too on this thread.

Kuaa FS just brings the worst out of guys on here. Has for a long time now. I was so happy when he went silent and then BAM ! He mentioned my name and came out swinging. Sent me several messages because you know.... He has to be right. Sorry guys but he just brings the worsy out of me and I wasn't moderate. I'll try to be more days to come. We've had a bunch of stirrers but latley the guys that thought were stirring are actually really good members. Mr. Kurt Rad comes to mind. C'mom ! Step up here and get your picture taken with GAry. Hurt has been a damn good boy if I don't say so myself ! smile

I agree with everything you say about him! This thread was all fine and good until he insulted pretty much everyone on it.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

Offline

 

#214 2019-10-12 10:33am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
From: Other
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 41386
Bikes: 84
For Sale: 5
Website

Re: why are you in the hobby

brackett wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:


Nope clearly all my fault everyone else here is completely innocent!!!  The Gods, i mean Mods have spoken!!!!

Now back the the regularly scheduled program of a bunch of dudes posting about jerking each other off the the official bmxmuseum chocolate starfish hunt.

big_smile

Not 100% you, but you where the main stirrer of the pot...

If you want to continue, I can make it look like it 100%

Wipe this out too on this thread.

Kuaa FS just brings the worst out of guys on here. Has for a long time now. I was so happy when he went silent and then BAM ! He mentioned my name and came out swinging. Sent me several messages because you know.... He has to be right. Sorry guys but he just brings the worsy out of me and I wasn't moderate. I'll try to be more days to come. We've had a bunch of stirrers but latley the guys that thought were stirring are actually really good members. Mr. Kurt Rad comes to mind. C'mom ! Step up here and get your picture taken with GAry. Hurt has been a damn good boy if I don't say so myself ! smile

I just know when to stop smile


bold

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b65e1d4b4d05.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#215 2019-10-12 10:50am

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 884
For Sale: 1

Re: why are you in the hobby

HEY KURT  NICE TITS


Tomo arigato Mr RoboDyno

Offline

 

#216 2019-10-12 11:33am

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1966
Bikes: 2

Re: why are you in the hobby

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Why am I here? I like bmx bikes. I have since I was a kid. I like finding them, the hunt. I like building and rebuilding them. A little time in the garage with a bike and some music is therapeutic. I like coming here to find a part that I need. I like coming here to learn something I didn’t know before. I like socializing with good people that have a common interest. I like sharing my interest in bmx with my kids. And yes, I like riding my bikes too. Sometimes it’s a cruise with my family. Sometimes it’s me blasting around town to blow off a little work stress that has built up. Sometimes I’ll take a bike to the skatepark and try and have a little fun. For me this is fun. It’s a chance to take a step back because sometimes real adult life can get a bit heavy. This is a simple way to create some balance. No I am not a pro level freestyle rider and no I don’t race competitively but neither of those make me feel like I don’t belong here. When it all boils down where are all pretty much here because of 20” bikes. Rather than trying to make people feel less because their investment is different than yours should we not be supporting each other to try and build this hobby and lifestyle up as a whole? I like bikes. I find bikes. I build bikes. I sell bikes. I ride bikes. I learn about bikes. One thing that I haven’t mentioned is that I’ve met a good number of people here that I consider to be a friend. Many I chat with regularly outside of the walls of the museum and quite a few I’ve had the chance to spend time with in person. To me that’s invaluable.

Winner.  Always love reading your stuff Kurt.

Offline

 

#217 2019-10-12 11:35am

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1966
Bikes: 2

Re: why are you in the hobby

I stopped riding when I got a car.  Before that my bikes were my life..I raced, did tricks, jumped, rode them to get anywhere I needed to be, the list goes on. 

Turning 40 made me assess my health and get serious about losing some weight and improving some of my numbers (such as cholesterol).  My reward for losing 25 pounds was buying an old school bike (86 General).  I've come into a few more since that I always wanted.including another 86 Schwinn Freeform like the one I had that got stolen.

Like others said, met a few good folks on here..turns out a guy I work with is also into bikes and we talk about it all the time now too.

Offline

 

#218 2019-10-12 12:20pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
From: Willowick, Oh
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 8345
Bikes: 12

Re: why are you in the hobby

ABA180 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Why am I here? I like bmx bikes. I have since I was a kid. I like finding them, the hunt. I like building and rebuilding them. A little time in the garage with a bike and some music is therapeutic. I like coming here to find a part that I need. I like coming here to learn something I didn’t know before. I like socializing with good people that have a common interest. I like sharing my interest in bmx with my kids. And yes, I like riding my bikes too. Sometimes it’s a cruise with my family. Sometimes it’s me blasting around town to blow off a little work stress that has built up. Sometimes I’ll take a bike to the skatepark and try and have a little fun. For me this is fun. It’s a chance to take a step back because sometimes real adult life can get a bit heavy. This is a simple way to create some balance. No I am not a pro level freestyle rider and no I don’t race competitively but neither of those make me feel like I don’t belong here. When it all boils down where are all pretty much here because of 20” bikes. Rather than trying to make people feel less because their investment is different than yours should we not be supporting each other to try and build this hobby and lifestyle up as a whole? I like bikes. I find bikes. I build bikes. I sell bikes. I ride bikes. I learn about bikes. One thing that I haven’t mentioned is that I’ve met a good number of people here that I consider to be a friend. Many I chat with regularly outside of the walls of the museum and quite a few I’ve had the chance to spend time with in person. To me that’s invaluable.

Winner.  Always love reading your stuff Kurt.

Agree, he basically summed it up perfectly for the majority of us.


-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

Offline

 

#219 2019-10-12 1:12pm

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1966
Bikes: 2

Re: why are you in the hobby

justlive wrote:

ABA180 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Why am I here? I like bmx bikes. I have since I was a kid. I like finding them, the hunt. I like building and rebuilding them. A little time in the garage with a bike and some music is therapeutic. I like coming here to find a part that I need. I like coming here to learn something I didn’t know before. I like socializing with good people that have a common interest. I like sharing my interest in bmx with my kids. And yes, I like riding my bikes too. Sometimes it’s a cruise with my family. Sometimes it’s me blasting around town to blow off a little work stress that has built up. Sometimes I’ll take a bike to the skatepark and try and have a little fun. For me this is fun. It’s a chance to take a step back because sometimes real adult life can get a bit heavy. This is a simple way to create some balance. No I am not a pro level freestyle rider and no I don’t race competitively but neither of those make me feel like I don’t belong here. When it all boils down where are all pretty much here because of 20” bikes. Rather than trying to make people feel less because their investment is different than yours should we not be supporting each other to try and build this hobby and lifestyle up as a whole? I like bikes. I find bikes. I build bikes. I sell bikes. I ride bikes. I learn about bikes. One thing that I haven’t mentioned is that I’ve met a good number of people here that I consider to be a friend. Many I chat with regularly outside of the walls of the museum and quite a few I’ve had the chance to spend time with in person. To me that’s invaluable.

Winner.  Always love reading your stuff Kurt.

Agree, he basically summed it up perfectly for the majority of us.

Much like my other hobby (darts), I've met a lot of great people.  Hell, I met my wife playing darts 17 years ago in the league I now run.

Offline

 

#220 2019-10-12 2:35pm

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
From: Alabama
Registered: 2008-10-09
Posts: 10002
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 7

Re: why are you in the hobby

i came to find out and fix up my old redline that i forgot about for 25 years.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/oaz052558cb475aa_lg.jpg

i had two BiTD... this one from age 14/15 and a proline i got when  i was 17 or so.



cbrstar wrote:

Cause I enjoy spending $1000 on stuff only to be offered $200 for the same stuff by random strangers.  roll

.... when you answer their WTB ad.


Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

Offline

 

#221 2019-10-12 7:49pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 16321

Re: why are you in the hobby

I'm here for the tasty waves and a cool buzz.


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

Offline

 

#222 2019-10-12 11:39pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 884
For Sale: 1

Re: why are you in the hobby

I came here looking for a 1987 dyno frame in chrome. Been in the want to buy section for what feels like a year.

Update! Haha found one

Last edited by Hussler (2019-10-14 7:58am)


Tomo arigato Mr RoboDyno

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →