You are not logged in.

Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There  RSS Feed

#51 2019-03-10 2:23pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Yeah it sucks!!

Last edited by Shazambmx (2019-03-22 4:57pm)


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#52 2019-03-10 2:35pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210784/img_63375c858305bd.jpg
As soon as determined fake I let his name out.

Last edited by Shazambmx (2019-03-10 2:36pm)


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#53 2019-03-10 2:38pm

Just Time
Pro MemberCommon Sense & Common Courtesy Practitioner
From: Home
Registered: 2018-09-20
Posts: 399
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 1

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Wow yikes I can't believe that there's people out there who'll do that to a complete stranger!


Be Real.. Be You..

Offline

 

#54 2019-03-10 2:41pm

Crackin
Pro Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2014-11-29
Posts: 429
Bikes: 5

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

But surely after what I could only assume he’s seen this post, you’d surely have to recognise that he hasn’t sold what he’s listed and pride from being an expert would no longer get in the way or guilt from scamming people would set in either way


Rip Stan (stash84)

Offline

 

#55 2019-03-10 2:55pm

moshnmore
Pro MemberMoney Pile $$$
From: Milwaukee, WI
Registered: 2009-02-21
Posts: 2989
Bikes: 4

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

You're being a lot more calm about this than I would be. Thanks for the heads up on the seller

Last edited by moshnmore (2019-03-10 2:55pm)

Offline

 

#56 2019-03-10 5:11pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210784/img_63305c85a74960.jpg
my responsehttp://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210784/img_63315c85a78eae.jpg


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#57 2019-03-10 5:11pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

I am MD


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#58 2019-03-10 5:23pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
From: NJersey
Registered: 2008-01-27
Posts: 12913
Bikes: 4

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

man that sucks....at least you destroyed them.   That shows a lot about you.  wink.


LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

Offline

 

#59 2019-03-10 5:29pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

And to be completely honest, I got back into BMX for another Haro Freestyler to replace my childhood bike someone gave me that got stolen. I now have frames I never knew existed since I joined this place. I bought these for my gjs freestyler not knowing if they would fit. Figured if they didn't it would be good to have as maybe I could trade for something else that would work. I am learning along the way.

I am shazambmxman on eBay. Formerly I was garynewman4335 on Ebay. Same account, I just changed my name.

Last edited by Shazambmx (2019-03-10 5:35pm)


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#60 2019-03-10 5:43pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3879
Bikes: 21

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Lets see the GJS Gary Newman.  big_smile

Offline

 

#61 2019-04-20 2:39pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Bumped for the scammer.......Knucklebutt!
tongue


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#62 2019-04-20 2:43pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

crj1968 wrote:

Lets see the GJS Gary Newman.  big_smile

Crazy thing is I have spent more money on forks for the gjs than I spent on the frame. This whole situation with scamming ass knucklebutt really killed it cause those fake forks he sold me where a total loss.
All good though! Moving right along!
Will have some pics soon I just got another set of forks to see how they look....not gjs though....smile


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#63 2019-04-20 10:52pm

ABA180
Candy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1469
Bikes: 2

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Wouldn't hurt to keep administration informed, at the least this can be monitored if some BS goes down here they will know there's a general history with this person..ugh, sorry to read this man

Offline

 

#64 2019-04-21 1:41am

heyslugger
Pro MemberThe Loose Rooster
From: Portland, OR
Registered: 2012-01-25
Posts: 2410
Bikes: 104
For Sale: 18

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

"...telling me I sold them fake parts I would feel sick. Would do anything I could to make up for my mistake and just hope it was perceived as a mistake and forgiven."

My .02 cents: This says a lot about you. I get it! I have doubled over literally with that sick feeling when I have sent someone the wrong part or they have found damage I missed once received. It feels frankin awful. I believe you have integrity. You can't fold what I (and probably a few other folks) think about your character and put it in your wallet or deposit it in your bank account but know that it has value! smile

also this "Crazy thing is I have spent more money on forks for the gjs than I spent on the frame." I have sold one or two GJS forks over the years and they, much like 20" cook and DG forks, seem to command a higher dollar than the frames themselves.

Last edited by heyslugger (2019-04-21 1:42am)

Offline

 

#65 2019-04-21 7:01am

junkhead71
Pro Member
From: Shelton,CT
Registered: 2017-05-26
Posts: 113
For Sale: 3

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

I personally see all the differences , obvious terrible novice welds on the lower head tube to fork tubes, shitty turn on the lathe for the lower race. . The stand out for me is the drop out pieces & pegs are laser cut. They never had that tech back then. also 2 different welders on those forks. complete reproduction & its not accurate. It sucks that people will try to do this & not even try hard enough to get it rite. If they made re-isssues & they were exact & stated to be re issued . Fine but to do this is just wrong. I would visit the guy & let him know how I feel!

Offline

 

#66 2019-04-21 8:22am

spagbol23
Intermediate
From: Germany
Registered: 2017-05-16
Posts: 369
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

junkhead71 wrote:

I personally see all the differences , obvious terrible novice welds on the lower head tube to fork tubes, shitty turn on the lathe for the lower race. . The stand out for me is the drop out pieces & pegs are laser cut. They never had that tech back then. also 2 different welders on those forks. complete reproduction & its not accurate. It sucks that people will try to do this & not even try hard enough to get it rite. If they made re-isssues & they were exact & stated to be re issued . Fine but to do this is just wrong. I would visit the guy & let him know how I feel!

Yea, as I was looking at these photos, I saw those lazer cut dropouts n thought...wow, check that out. When I saw the head tube welds though, then I thought ..wow, I don't wanna check that out any longer!


I'm not having a midlife crisis, its just I don't give a F**K, about the things I don't give a F**K about, anymore.

Offline

 

#67 2019-04-21 11:36am

olskuldj
Pro Member
From: San Diego, CA
Registered: 2009-01-25
Posts: 1759
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 2

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

This just sucks man. I once sold a Trickstar to a member, not knowing the seatmast had been replaced with a garbage weld. The member was rightfully upset, but I immediately refunded him and paid for the return shipping so he wasnt out anything.  I ate the shit sandwich, but it was the right thing to do.
This guy needs to just eat the sandwich cool
Sorry this happened


It's your bike, build it how YOU want

Offline

 

#68 2019-04-21 6:17pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

heyslugger wrote:

"...telling me I sold them fake parts I would feel sick. Would do anything I could to make up for my mistake and just hope it was perceived as a mistake and forgiven."

My .02 cents: This says a lot about you. I get it! I have doubled over literally with that sick feeling when I have sent someone the wrong part or they have found damage I missed once received. It feels frankin awful. I believe you have integrity. You can't fold what I (and probably a few other folks) think about your character and put it in your wallet or deposit it in your bank account but know that it has value! smile

also this "Crazy thing is I have spent more money on forks for the gjs than I spent on the frame." I have sold one or two GJS forks over the years and they, much like 20" cook and DG forks, seem to command a higher dollar than the frames themselves.

That sick feeling definitely sucks!!! Another member played an April fools joke on me and told me everything arrived not as described and then hit return enough that I couldn't see the rest of the pm where it said April fools below and that everything was all good. Boy did my stomach drop for a second.....tongue I know you know what I am talking about! Cruel but definitely a good April fools joke.....lol
Thank you!!!!
big_smile


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#69 2019-04-21 6:21pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

junkhead71 wrote:

I personally see all the differences , obvious terrible novice welds on the lower head tube to fork tubes, shitty turn on the lathe for the lower race. . The stand out for me is the drop out pieces & pegs are laser cut. They never had that tech back then. also 2 different welders on those forks. complete reproduction & its not accurate. It sucks that people will try to do this & not even try hard enough to get it rite. If they made re-isssues & they were exact & stated to be re issued . Fine but to do this is just wrong. I would visit the guy & let him know how I feel!

Awesome info and damn you are good!


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#70 2019-04-21 6:27pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

olskuldj wrote:

This just sucks man. I once sold a Trickstar to a member, not knowing the seatmast had been replaced with a garbage weld. The member was rightfully upset, but I immediately refunded him and paid for the return shipping so he wasnt out anything.  I ate the shit sandwich, but it was the right thing to do.
This guy needs to just eat the sandwich cool
Sorry this happened

You are a good person. That is the difference.
This guy sells on eBay often and I know he sold more than 1 of these forks. I just want to shame him because he deserves it and inform others of his ways so they know to be very cautious with his listings.
The way he handled himself I would never accept anything from him.
cool


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#71 2019-04-22 9:07am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

(Image deleted)
Here she is. Just got the forks....big_smile


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#72 2019-08-21 10:03pm

Knucklebutt
Pro Member
From: Alta Loma Ca
Registered: 2010-05-24
Posts: 179
Bikes: 29

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Wow I just found out from a good friend that I got called out about selling fake Torker Forks which is not true he just destroyed a real pair of forks Just look at the photos he’s comparing them to  regular 20 inch Torker forks made in the freestyle forks in the photo You could see where they welded on 3 inches of tubing to make them long enough for the freestyler frame and the pegs are so crookedly cut out compared to the frame he showed his point that he’s wrong and incorrect the welder did a bad job which Torker in 1984 had some really bad welds due to the fact that they were losing people due to the Foreclosure And the funny thing is I got these forks from a guy that actually went to the auction Torker had he had them in the storage for many years and he owned a bike shop For 40 years
Let’s start off by saying he contacted eBay three months after he purchased it and complained there fake and before he did that he sent the letter on how happy he was when he got them I let Ebay handle it if they wanted to refund him they would’ve done so if they found the Case to be true It’s funny I have Owned 42 Torkers in my time with really good welds and really bad welds and all the really bad welds were in 1984 I deal with a lot of people that know torker stuff  this is a bunch of crap it’s amazing how many people get into this BMX stuff and think they know everything Sorry you feel that way and Sorry to see you destroyed a real pair forks can’t help stupid and normally I don’t call people names but when you call out people and don’t know your facts .....http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43779/1109b41f-4ec2-4204-8246-9a1b13a6a5345d5e222d50.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43779/6590cac6-308d-43ef-bb97-934e04a3c0725d5e222dd2.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43779/d1f7925b-a966-4361-81c8-ebc8103a1ee15d5e222e39.jpeg


Wanted : Torker Yellow Vinly stem Pad Yellow Or Torker Hub set please Help !

Offline

 

#73 2019-08-22 1:05am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Knucklebutt wrote:

Wow I just found out from a good friend that I got called out about selling fake Torker Forks which is not true he just destroyed a real pair of forks Just look at the photos he’s comparing them to  regular 20 inch Torker forks made in the freestyle forks in the photo You could see where they welded on 3 inches of tubing to make them long enough for the freestyler frame and the pegs are so crookedly cut out compared to the frame he showed his point that he’s wrong and incorrect the welder did a bad job which Torker in 1984 had some really bad welds due to the fact that they were losing people due to the Foreclosure And the funny thing is I got these forks from a guy that actually went to the auction Torker had he had them in the storage for many years and he owned a bike shop For 40 years
Let’s start off by saying he contacted eBay three months after he purchased it and complained there fake and before he did that he sent the letter on how happy he was when he got them I let Ebay handle it if they wanted to refund him they would’ve done so if they found the Case to be true It’s funny I have Owned 42 Torkers in my time with really good welds and really bad welds and all the really bad welds were in 1984 I deal with a lot of people that know torker stuff  this is a bunch of crap it’s amazing how many people get into this BMX stuff and think they know everything Sorry you feel that way and Sorry to see you destroyed a real pair forks can’t help stupid and normally I don’t call people names but when you call out people and don’t know your facts .....http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 22d50.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 22dd2.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 22e39.jpeg

Dude, you are a CLOWN! That is all you are. I would love to meet you in person.


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#74 2019-08-22 1:11am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

I still have the fake forks you sold me you piece of sh!t. I work hard for my money would love to see you try and take a f@cking penny from me in person.

Last edited by Shazambmx (2019-08-22 1:15am)


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#75 2019-08-22 1:36am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4156
Bikes: 6

Re: Torker Freestylist Forks. Real Or Not Real. There Are Others Out There

Anyone out there just read the thread. I NEVER acted like I know everything.
Everyone I spoke to said these are fake including members here that know a lot more than I do.
The real question here since you popped up is how about that refund?
867.00 plus shipping.

Last edited by Shazambmx (2019-08-22 1:42am)


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →