You are not logged in.

Rider dies after attempting BMX stunt  RSS Feed

#51 2019-08-14 5:54pm

bad attitude
Pro Member

Re: Rider dies after attempting BMX stunt

AlurencatBMX wrote:

If you've never done anything stupid that could have resulted in your death then you've never lived.

It could have happened to any of us, get off your  soap boxes. R.I.P.

Right?I know I could have died a zillion times in my teens and twenties.

#52 2019-08-14 11:07pm

BlueCollarNobody
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

BlueCollarNobody wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

There's a big difference between reasonable/calculated risk and stupidity, espeically when done for nothing more than attention and virtual popularity. Yeah I've taken risk and yeah I've been luck however I've also always known when line should be drawn and not crossed.

I hear you...but sometimes you dont even know you "crossed the line" until it's too late. I've never said "I'm going to die if I try this" and done it. But how many time have we thought "I got this" and find yourself waking up from a "dirt nap". Heck....sometimes just riding on the street in my down is as dangerous as going off a jump.
Guy made a mistake and paid the ultimate price. Also haven't seen anything about what safety gear he may have been wearing. I'm a proponent of helmets and gloves when doing sketchy shit. Sometimes I'm the only one geared up at the park. Been laught at and watch that same kid eat shit jaw first. Next time seen him he had a helmet on. big_smile guess that's the difference between 22 yrs old and 48. Safety first.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/att … g.3895277/

http://nyvelocity.com/wp-content/upload … pscale.jpg

https://i.redd.it/oj27cwqz2e401.jpg

big_smile Things sure have changed

Last edited by BlueCollarNobody (2019-08-14 11:08pm)

#53 2019-08-15 2:44am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
Bikes: 1

Doesn't matter why, or how..
When a BMX brother loses his life, it hits you in the guts.
RIDE IN PEACE UNKNOWN BROTHER.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/36359/bmx_rider_silhouette5d552abd9a.jpg

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-08-15 2:49am)

Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#54 2019-08-15 7:17am

stin1
Pro Member

I wish I never watched the video. I had no idea Canadian news was so graffic . I had bad dreams with the cpr and that dude crying being the most vivid last night.

#55 2019-08-15 7:46am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Doesn't matter why, or how..
When a BMX brother loses his life, it hits you in the guts.
RIDE IN PEACE UNKNOWN BROTHER.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2abd9a.jpg

yes it do's I see a crowed of people at say a mall. sneak past the lock on the later. climb to the roof with my bike. attempted to jump roof top to roof top. it go's bad  really bad I die. that's on me I was a dumb ass to try it their no safety net , foam pit or airbag and  other people that could get heart. that had nothing to do with it. IE they weren't there to help or see it go down.

I pedal my bmx bike to work. a car runs a red light. I die . that's on him  not me

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#56 2019-08-15 8:38am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 14

Not trying to be mean spirited, but no matter the age this was not a smart thing to do, I feel for his family but this was his choice and he paid the price. I just hope that this opens the eyes of others and they think before they try something that could endanger their life

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#57 2019-08-15 9:16am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

stin1 wrote:

I wish I never watched the video. I had no idea Canadian news was so graffic . I had bad dreams with the cpr and that dude crying being the most vivid last night.

So graphic? I've seen far worse on American news or from other parts of the world media outlets.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

#58 2019-08-15 9:18am

spyker

ANTDOG wrote:

Not trying to be mean spirited, but no matter the age this was not a smart thing to do, I feel for his family but this was his choice and he paid the price. I just hope that this opens the eyes of others and they think before they try something that could endanger their life

I was riding through that exact location where this person passed away roughly 2 weeks ago,why anyone would try anything like he did is just crazy! Where he landed was the walkway to the floatplanes.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

#59 2019-08-15 9:19am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 77
For Sale: 5
Website

spyker wrote:

stin1 wrote:

So graphic? I've seen far worse on American news or from other parts of the world media outlets.

R. Bud Dwyer

#60 2019-08-15 9:24am

spyker

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

stin1 wrote:

R. Bud Dwyer

No idea who this person is.

$20 is $20!

#61 2019-08-15 9:30am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

R. Bud Dwyer

I figured most wouldn’t but it’s worth the google. You can find the video but I would exercise caution if you do and choose to view it.

#62 2019-08-15 9:35am

spyker

If this person fell into the water,he would have been fine due to the ocean being pretty deep in that area,but what happened was he smacked his head on concrete when he was falling,which caused his death.Wonder if he wore a helmet,would it have saved him.

$20 is $20!

#63 2019-08-15 9:36am

spyker

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

R. Bud Dwyer

I figured most wouldn’t but it’s worth the google. You can find the video but I would exercise caution if you do and choose to view it.

If it's about corrupt politicians,I am fine with it.

$20 is $20!

#64 2019-08-15 10:10am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

A “wrongly accused” Pennsylvania politician that called a press conference prior to his sentencing in 1987 and blew his head off on camera with the video aired on television.

#65 2019-08-15 10:16am

Maiden DB fan
Pro MemberBMX To The Hills

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

A “wrongly accused” Pennsylvania politician that called a press conference prior to his sentencing in 1987 and blew his head off on camera with the video aired on television.

This Was Shown Live on CNN bitd. Very Shocking for the Time. Along the Same Lines as the Challenger Disaster(Did We Just See That?)

#66 2019-08-15 10:30am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

This Was Shown Live on CNN bitd. Very Shocking for the Time. Along the Same Lines as the Challenger Disaster(Did We Just See That?)

I found this much more disturbing and than the challenger...even seeing for the first time it 30 years after the fact

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2019-08-15 10:31am)

#67 2019-08-15 10:47am

CanadianCollector
Centurion Member

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

I felt that way when i watched the guy die at the luge event , Vancouver Olympics. Did we just see that?

Wanted: Shimano DX Lever- Gold RH  -good condition
Wanted: Tuf Neck Seat Post Clamp- Gold -good condition

#68 2019-08-15 10:52am

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

If you want to see something truly disturbing, just type "GT" on the for sale section and look at the prices

-Joe

#69 2019-08-15 10:52am

binman
Pro MemberAlcohol Guidelines
Bikes: 3

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I found this much more disturbing and than the challenger...even seeing for the first time it 30 years after the fact

Just watched Dwyer's suicide. First I've seen it or even heard of it even though it happened in the '80s. Graphic.

Last edited by binman (2019-08-15 10:53am)

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women!
-
We will wear your people as skins for our shoes since they are used to the gutter.
-
'You, you and you panic. The rest of you...come with me!'    'Yes Sir!'

#70 2019-08-15 10:55am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

binman wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Just watched Dwyer's suicide. First I've seen it or even heard of it even though it happened in the '80s. Graphic.

I literally felt sick and the image stuck with me for some time. Seeing the life leave his body.

#71 2019-08-15 11:01am

mockduck
Pro Member

‘A “wrongly accused” Pennsylvania politician that called a press conference prior to his sentencing in 1987 and blew his head off on camera with the video aired on television.’

...who became the inspiration for the song ‘budd’ by the band rapeman, but I digress.

#72 2019-08-15 11:18am

Jenny Caldwell
Ford Rules!!!
Bikes: 14

Sad this resulted in death.

Wanted: Anything Eddie Fiola.

#73 2019-08-15 11:21am

71cutlasss
Pro MemberAm I evil? Yes I am...
Bikes: 9

ANTDOG wrote:

This is just a pure opinion topic. Either you believe he was foolish and shouldn’t have even tried it, or it would have been awesome if he pulled it, something in between. Everyone needs to quit getting irritated because people don’t agree with their opinion.

If you haven’t seen it, this video is along the lines of “if he doesn’t make it, he’s dead” but he pulled it off and it’s awesome.

My opinion is no risk-no reward, and just being alive is dangerous. Civilization, bad or good, is where it’s at because of very dangerous risks.

Sorry link only, video embed doesn’t seem to work for me.

Sebastian Keep Walls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOKUrg … pp=desktop

Last edited by 71cutlasss (2019-08-15 11:23am)

I am a 17yr plumber and will trade my services for your bmx goods! (Colorado front range only)

“As a side note, if I had to read a thread where arata82 and freestyle freek were both posting, my head would explode”

#74 2019-08-15 12:06pm

cbrstar
Pro Member

There is no rhyme or reason to this sort of thing. I think back to my motorcycle accident where I high sided the bike and was thrown 800ft down an embankment and walked away. Where as a guy I knew was only a block from his house and slowed down to less then 5mph to say hi to wife. He accdentally fell over hitting his head on the side of the curb and died. sad
Sometimes peoples luck just runs out

#75 2019-08-15 12:29pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

R. Bud Dwyer

Spyker, listen to the song, “Hey Man Nice Shot”.

Board footer

View Cart →