NOS 85 PK RIPPER  RSS Feed

#76 2019-08-01 8:29am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO
Bikes: 8

Re: NOS 85 PK RIPPER

AlurencatBMX wrote:

bullseyejunkie wrote:

I wonder if they have been heat treated?

This is a good question.

Either way to have one in this state is probably rarer than an actual NOS one with a serial ETC.

DR - yup a phone call away. So him saying "Yes I sold it for that" is to be completely believed? if so, how come he is selling Zrims on his website as a business for £225 when the price is set in stone @ £350 for private sales? Believe me I know, Alan doesn't give anything away cheap or even reasonably priced.

Any way, I am not getting drawn into an argument with you because you seem butthurt over this guy landing three NOS unstamped frames. That's not my problem, that's yours dude. I'm just glad I don't let jealousy or Epeen bother me in any shape or form. It's a much happier life that way when you don't hate you congratulate.

Alan is speaking the truth, that frame was really for sale and for that price, I followed it until it was sold (out) lol. What held me back buying it was I had no parts to make it a bike, then that one weld and I also wanted to buy another retro complete at that time. Sure I could have made money off of it but there are other ways to make money too. I have also come across more good stuff from him at reasonably prices.

About your other statement, I see nothing wrong with being critical. And I share the rest with you, I am also above jealousy etc, I just can't be jealous even if I would try hard because it's just not in my system. smile

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-08-01 8:35am)

What would Al Bundy do?

#77 2019-08-01 8:45am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

What would Al Bundy do?

#78 2019-08-01 8:54am

Bob Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

DutchRipper wrote:

So I get it now, the reason why the OP posted that he located these frames before he even bought them, was to see if he could find buyers for them before he put his money in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only selling one frame, the other two I am keeping

#79 2019-08-01 8:56am

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

DutchRipper wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

bullseyejunkie wrote:

This is a good question.

Either way to have one in this state is probably rarer than an actual NOS one with a serial ETC.

DR - yup a phone call away. So him saying "Yes I sold it for that" is to be completely believed? if so, how come he is selling Zrims on his website as a business for £225 when the price is set in stone @ £350 for private sales? Believe me I know, Alan doesn't give anything away cheap or even reasonably priced.

Any way, I am not getting drawn into an argument with you because you seem butthurt over this guy landing three NOS unstamped frames. That's not my problem, that's yours dude. I'm just glad I don't let jealousy or Epeen bother me in any shape or form. It's a much happier life that way when you don't hate you congratulate.

Alan is speaking the truth, that frame was really for sale and for that price, I followed it until it was sold (out) lol. What held me back buying it was I had no parts to make it a bike, then that one weld and I also wanted to buy another retro complete at that time. Sure I could have made money off of it but there are other ways to make money too. I have also come across more good stuff from him at reasonably prices.

About your other statement, I see nothing wrong with being critical. And I share the rest with you, I am also above jealousy etc, I just can't be jealous even if I would try hard because it's just not in my system. smile

Yes they Have

#80 2019-08-01 9:25am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

DutchRipper wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

bullseyejunkie wrote:

This is a good question.

I'm glad to hear it. So please stop being negative man. I expect better from you.

The guys had the score of a lifetime and people are bitching like chicks ffs.

That frame is a 2015 plain old Haro new school frame in a nice colour with nice decals. You could DIY that with a £30 frame really.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#81 2019-08-01 10:12am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Sorry man, I just cannot make you that promise, as I'm not receiving the amount of sex I should get to function totally enlightend. lol

What would Al Bundy do?

#82 2019-08-01 11:17am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

DutchRipper wrote:

Sorry man, I just cannot make you that promise, as I'm not receiving the amount of sex I should get to function totally enlightend. lol

Hah! Join the club lol

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#83 2019-08-01 11:24am

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 4

Ok so the obvious is that the looptail PK frames were 1979-1984 and the serials were vague but gave a consistant year guide as we've seen:

79 had no serials
Late 79- PK2xxxxx
80- PK3xxxx
81- PK4
82- PK5
83- PK6
84- PK7

1985 was the first year of the non loop frames and the integrated seat posts and only year with straight chainstays. The 85 frames were serialed 5 xxxx or 9 xxxx (one year only serial also). 86-99 were back to PKxxxx (most were four digit PKxxxx and the loops were five digits PKxxxxx. The 86 to 99 serials meant nothing and I'm all but certain that SE was using serials over in these 86-99 frames. I have personally seen 86 curved chainstay frames with leftover 5 xxxx and 9 xxxx 85 serial'd dropouts on them. I know for certain that SE had all the dropouts with the serial stamped before the dropouts were welded to the frames. They were pre stamped and in boxes that they grabbed from. The reason the 86 frames had 85 serials is because they had leftover prestamped dropouts and used them up. Same reason that there are loopy PK frames with RAxxxx Race Inc serial numbers and vice versa.

These three frames are great. Not sure why it's a secret where they came from especially with no serials on them. That just adds to speculation.  That also  tells me they might have been pre production frames that were legit prototype frames. Be nice to know the lineage to verify their authenticity but that's just me......

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne!!!

NOS is NOT a condition description. Something being NOS has NOTHING to do with the condition of the bike/part.

#84 2019-08-01 12:23pm

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Ok so the obvious is that the looptail PK frames were 1979-1984 and the serials were vague but gave a consistant year guide as we've seen:

79 had no serials
Late 79- PK2xxxxx
80- PK3xxxx
81- PK4
82- PK5
83- PK6
84- PK7

1985 was the first year of the non loop frames and the integrated seat posts and only year with straight chainstays. The 85 frames were serialed 5 xxxx or 9 xxxx (one year only serial also). 86-99 were back to PKxxxx (most were four digit PKxxxx and the loops were five digits PKxxxxx. The 86 to 99 serials meant nothing and I'm all but certain that SE was using serials over in these 86-99 frames. I have personally seen 86 curved chainstay frames with leftover 5 xxxx and 9 xxxx 85 serial'd dropouts on them. I know for certain that SE had all the dropouts with the serial stamped before the dropouts were welded to the frames. They were pre stamped and in boxes that they grabbed from. The reason the 86 frames had 85 serials is because they had leftover prestamped dropouts and used them up. Same reason that there are loopy PK frames with RAxxxx Race Inc serial numbers and vice versa.

These three frames are great. Not sure why it's a secret where they came from especially with no serials on them. That just adds to speculation.  That also  tells me they might have been pre production frames that were legit prototype frames. Be nice to know the lineage to verify their authenticity but that's just me......

They came from the man who built them

#85 2019-08-01 12:39pm

84pk
Pro Member

Bob these are some really cool frames.  I dig the raw finish.

WTB:
Black SE pads

#86 2019-08-01 1:55pm

GToddC5
Pro Member

Score of a lifetime, congrats!

If they told you that wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them? - Del Griffith

#87 2019-08-01 2:10pm

2009HDSG
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 5

Interesting....

Last edited by 2009HDSG (2019-08-04 8:27am)

Will not deal with list:  ** CHABY ** 

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 09&p=1

#88 2019-08-01 3:09pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member

So Sal had these in his shop for 35 years?? Legit question? Why the secrecy? I gaurantee Sal don't give a fukk.

NOS is NOT a condition description. Something being NOS has NOTHING to do with the condition of the bike/part.

#89 2019-08-01 3:29pm

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

He ask me to not splash his name around, that's the only reason i didn't say where they came from

#90 2019-08-01 3:31pm

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

So Sal had these in his shop for 35 years?? Legit question? Why the secrecy? I gaurantee Sal don't give a fukk.

He ask me to not splash his name around, that's the only reason i didn't say where they came from

#91 2019-08-01 8:40pm

pkripper68bmx
Pro MemberOriginal Finish Only
Bikes: 2

Bob Lewis wrote:

distracteDD wrote:

send them off to get ballburnished cool

Who would you recommend. Thank you

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=381595

#92 2019-08-01 11:00pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

But now you did and he is running his company on facebook, so now he will get stoked by many people asking him if he has more OS treasures laying around. lol tongue

What would Al Bundy do?

#93 2019-08-01 11:32pm

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY

Wonder if there's anymore just laying about lol

#94 2019-08-02 7:39am

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

BRICKOS2 wrote:

coolcoolcool

#95 2019-08-02 7:40am

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

DutchRipper wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

But now you did and he is running his company on facebook, so now he will get stoked by many people asking him if he has more OS treasures laying around. lol tongue

Facebook?

#96 2019-08-02 7:59am

Maiden DB fan
Pro MemberBMX To The Hills

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRICKOS2 wrote:

coolcoolcool

If Not-He COULD Always Fab Up MORE of Them!!?? roll  hmm

#97 2019-08-02 8:17am

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRICKOS2 wrote:

coolcoolcool

It's not that easy, it would cost over a grand to fab up one of these frames

#98 2019-08-02 9:01am

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation

Bob Lewis wrote:

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

coolcoolcool

Seems like the rarest piece of these frames is the seat tube.  I've seen several frames Sal welded up after SE shut down (even own 3), but have not seen any with those machined seat tubes.  Can't see it costing him over a grand to fab one of those frames when he's sold other SE style frames he made for half that.

#99 2019-08-02 9:07am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Bob Lewis wrote:

DutchRipper wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

Facebook?

Not his?: https://www.facebook.com/salcorreabicycles/

What would Al Bundy do?

#100 2019-08-02 9:25am

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member

Bob Lewis wrote:

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

coolcoolcool

Apparently you dont know Sal's reputation of building SE stuff (after SE America was dead) and still selling it as legit SE. Landing Gear forks, Power Wing bars, MULTIPLE Quadangles in alloy and chromoly. So ya, I bet he didnt want to have his name attached to these because he knows EVERYONE knows his shady reputation. I spoke with a good friend who is very "in the know" on this stuff and he had a phone conversation with a good friend of his that worked at SE for YEARS, yesterday and that guy said he doubts VERY SERIOUSLY that Sal had these laying around for multiple reasons. Great. Add 85 PK Rippers to the list of stuff I wont touch with a ten foot pole, along with round top tube PK Rippers now. This hobby F'n sucks. Greed, Greed, Greed and dishonesty. I'm over it.

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2019-08-02 9:35am)

Board footer

View Cart →