send them off to get ballburnished cool

Who would you recommend. Thank you

#53 2019-07-31 3:10pm

Willy b
Pro Member
For Sale: 6

Re: NOS 85 PK RIPPER

I know a guy!!

You come here with nothing and leave here with nothing. Enjoy life while on this planet!! When you're dead you're dead!

#54 2019-07-31 8:35pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro MemberNOT Bubba Hayes
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 3

So what is the backstory on these three frames that never got painted/burnished or decal'd? Great score!! What are the serials?

I live for SE, Race Inc, Nomura, and Navajo!!

Hey guys, go ahead and keep selling everything SE, GJS, and Nomura to Thailand. Once it's gone it's NEVER coming back to the US. There really IS more to BMX collecting than money!!

If I hear the words "RARE", "GRAIL", or "SCORE" one more time, I'm gonna f'n puke. ALSO, NOS is NOT a condition description. Being NOS has NOTHING to do with the actual condition of the part.

BMX Museum, where every single "score" thread is followed by a FOR SALE thread 15 minutes later.

#55 2019-07-31 8:58pm

Bob Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

So what is the backstory on these three frames that never got painted/burnished or decal'd? Great score!! What are the serials?

They were never numbered either, they were stored away since the day they were made.

#56 2019-07-31 10:23pm

heyslugger
Pro MemberThe Loose Rooster
Bikes: 104
For Sale: 21

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

They were never numbered either, they were stored away since the day they were made.

As far as the serial numbers go I think they would have been stamped in the drop outs before final assembly. How do you know the year if there are no numbers hmm But yeah what is the story on them. Until we get some context it just looks like 3 stripped frames.

Last edited by heyslugger (2019-07-31 10:25pm)

#57 2019-07-31 11:18pm

DutchRipper
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

So how do you know they are real '85 NOS? They show no corrosion which is very weird on 35yr old bare alloy.

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-08-01 1:08am)

I want healthy food!

#58 2019-07-31 11:22pm

Bob Lewis
Pro Member

heyslugger wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

As far as the serial numbers go I think they would have been stamped in the drop outs before final assembly. How do you know the year if there are no numbers hmm But yeah what is the story on them. Until we get some context it just looks like 3 stripped frames.

Se pk rippers only had a straight chain stay in 85. I can't tell you exactly where i got these buts lets just say they didn't stray far from the original SE builder. the numbers are stamped after assembly before final finish. Look at the rear drop outs to convince yourself that these are not just stripped frames. Nice try though

#59 2019-08-01 12:53am

Agentxxiii
Pro MemberGoogle Is Watching

Wow, great score!

Time machine wanted!

#60 2019-08-01 2:37am

heyslugger
Pro MemberThe Loose Rooster
Bikes: 104
For Sale: 21

Bob Lewis wrote:

heyslugger wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

Se pk rippers only had a straight chain stay in 85. I can't tell you exactly where i got these buts lets just say they didn't stray far from the original SE builder. the numbers are stamped after assembly before final finish. Look at the rear drop outs to convince yourself that these are not just stripped frames. Nice try though

Try? Not my fault you were vague from the start.

#61 2019-08-01 3:42am

Undercover Poe
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Cool, I guess if you wanted to have a particular color you can get them coated and be worry free,but then again maybe you need to leave at least one bare. What are your plans for them?  You ready to sell one yet?

#62 2019-08-01 3:43am

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
Bikes: 11

Bob Lewis wrote:

heyslugger wrote:

Bob Lewis wrote:

Not trying to tear down your cool frames, but from all things Ive read over the years on SE and Sal, the serials were stamped on the drop outs then the drop outs were welded to the frames.

You may not have been here long enough to know exactly why some folks will question the authentisity of these being nos and not recently fab’d by frame doctor or true torch or similar. We’ve seen storys like this play out time and time again where a grail frame or a nos frame or part is shown off, only to find out later that its a recently fabbed fake. Lots of caution exerted with this group now days.

Last edited by mxfan69 (2019-08-01 3:47am)

mmmm........loop tails.......

...and that's all I have to say about that...

#63 2019-08-01 3:49am

streetfreak
Pro MemberEx-44T Neophyte!

Looks like they came with 3 sets of raw ladder bars also.

Pets
Micro, 3 legged toy poodle. Rescue
Blue cheese, blue tick. Rescue with an attitude
Steve French , mountain lion, returned to the wild.

#64 2019-08-01 3:51am

Agentxxiii

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/48344/screenshot_20190801-065025_ebay5d42c42480.jpg

Time machine wanted!

#65 2019-08-01 4:06am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Undercover Poe wrote:

What are your plans for them?  You ready to sell one yet?

I guess that question is answered. lol

I want healthy food!

#66 2019-08-01 4:19am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

So I get it now, the reason why the OP posted that he located these frames before he even bought them, was to see if he could find buyers for them before he put his money in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I want healthy food!

#67 2019-08-01 4:30am

Agentxxiii

one is on here in the fs section for 750
Good to see one here for less at least

Time machine wanted!

#68 2019-08-01 4:51am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

DutchRipper wrote:

So how do you know they are real '85 NOS? They show no corrosion which is very weird on 35yr old bare alloy.

There is oxidising on the drops.

The welds look old too. TBH to get those made you'd be looking at what he's charging on eBay. That seat tube would need to be machined or pressed? However it's made and so it's not just a weld tubes together job.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#69 2019-08-01 4:57am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

AlurencatBMX wrote:

DutchRipper wrote:

There is oxidising on the drops.

The welds look old too. TBH to get those made you'd be looking at what he's charging on eBay. That seat tube would need to be machined or pressed? However it's made and so it's not just a weld tubes together job.

Yeah, you're right, I've been looking at them on a larger screen, it looks legit.

I want healthy food!

#70 2019-08-01 5:26am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member

$750 is a bargain IMO. A new made yesterday frame is now pushing $500. Especially stuff like S&M.

Shame the shipping and tax would almost double the cost sad

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#71 2019-08-01 5:30am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

I wouldn't call it a bargain with missing finish, serial, decals.

This I would call a bargain: https://m.alansbmx.com/1649231/products … irect=true

I want healthy food!

#72 2019-08-01 5:34am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member

DutchRipper wrote:

I wouldn't call it a bargain with missing finish, serial, decals.

This I would call a bargain: https://m.alansbmx.com/1649231/products … irect=true

Every time you see a frame that cheap on Alan's it's sold out dude. Meaning that IMO he puts them there as bait.

Nobody would sell an 83 that cheap here. You can double that price and then some.

I've found T1s and other desirable mid school frames on his site but when you get there they're mysteriously sold out.

https://m.alansbmx.com/1653828/products … irect=true

See? Lol if I could buy those at that price I'd buy five sets because I know they're worth at least twice that here. He does it on purpose. Why not delete it If it's sold out?

Last edited by AlurencatBMX (2019-08-01 5:36am)

#73 2019-08-01 5:38am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Nope, I was actually able to put it in my basket a while ago but didn't and it was for sale days if not weeks on row, you can verify with them...just local call for you. wink

I want healthy food!

#74 2019-08-01 6:12am

bullseyejunkie
Pro Member
Bikes: 21

I wonder if they have been heat treated?

I don’t believe in god, I’m not that gullible.
Still livin the dream.

#75 2019-08-01 6:30am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member

bullseyejunkie wrote:

I wonder if they have been heat treated?

This is a good question.

Either way to have one in this state is probably rarer than an actual NOS one with a serial ETC.

DR - yup a phone call away. So him saying "Yes I sold it for that" is to be completely believed? if so, how come he is selling Zrims on his website as a business for £225 when the price is set in stone @ £350 for private sales? Believe me I know, Alan doesn't give anything away cheap or even reasonably priced.

Any way, I am not getting drawn into an argument with you because you seem butthurt over this guy landing three NOS unstamped frames. That's not my problem, that's yours dude. I'm just glad I don't let jealousy or Epeen bother me in any shape or form. It's a much happier life that way when you don't hate you congratulate.

Board footer

View Cart →