You are not logged in.

1987 Huffy Sigma  RSS Feed

#1 2006-04-15 3:12pm

RealFox
Museum Addict
Bikes: 23
Website

1987 Huffy Sigma

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00335_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00336.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00337.jpg

1987 Huffy Sigma

Yup, the real deal! smile

It's here! I added a couple things, but besides that, it's all original! smile

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

"Head like a hole, black as your soul, I'd rather die than give you control..." NIN

#2 2006-05-03 4:25pm

RealFox
Museum Addict
Website

Re: 1987 Huffy Sigma

UPDATE: I changed the rims to..., I dunno the brand, but I switched the rims to 100 spoke, and changed out the back pegs. Put on the new sprocket! (You'll notice it's original stock sprocket laying on the platform under it) smile

This K2 sprocket is new, and was taken off a Maintime Pro racing bike which was never assembled. The sprocket is 3mm thick, and has 44 teeth. It only weighs 120 grams.

"Head like a hole, black as your soul, I'd rather die than give you control..." NIN

#3 2006-05-19 9:30pm

RealFox
Museum Addict
Website

How much for the one still in the box? smile

#4 2006-06-27 8:59am

RealFox
Museum Addict
Website

pbr22, still waitin' for a price on dat boxed Sigma, dude smile

#5 2006-12-06 11:26am

biscuit
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

man!! that bike brings back memories! that was the first bmx bike i ever got, my mom got me one for christmas and i was so ashamed because all of my boys were riding haros, gts dynos and redlines!! i was a bad son!!!! thanks for reminding me!!! -biscuit-

#6 2007-01-22 2:13am

RealFox
Museum Addict
Website

Hellmutt, sorry I took sooooo long to reply to this. At any rate, thanks, Bro. smile

#7 2007-01-22 2:25am

RealFox
Museum Addict
Website

Ya know, people really geeked out on my Sigma. Cool. I know, I changed a few of the original parts out, but believe me, they were for the best. The bike is now stronger and faster. Not to mention, better lookin' IMHO. wink

#8 2007-03-18 9:06am

87bmxer
Bikes: 1

Now that is a museum bike!! Back in the day they were all over . Pretty cool bike FOX.

Nuttier then squirral turds

#9 2007-09-15 6:14am

oldgooseguy
Pro Member

My Grandparents got me one. It took me one day to kill it. We had a huge jump that landed in the flat. I bent the frame/fork and broke a head tube weld. I then went back to my 79 Goose.  Store brand stuff...bleck but cool to see around.

If you are what you eat.....I could be you by morning.

#10 2008-02-10 11:09am

Mitz
Formerly TZ
Bikes: 8

I had one when I was young but the 16" version.

#11 2008-04-20 6:00pm

dubs4life
Bikes: 10
Website

My fiance watches the worst 80's movies ever and was watching "Mannequin" today (with a very young Kim Cattrell...giggity!) and she paused it to ask me what kind of bikes they were riding. Hahaha!! Here ya go!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/seanphills/IMG00733.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/seanphills/IMG00732.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/seanphills/IMG00734.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/seanphills/IMG00735.jpg

Im pretty sure that the same guy who did these "stunts" did some on RAD also...

#12 2008-07-26 7:15pm

freedo
White Boy With An Afro
Bikes: 52

what is the point of the covers

out with the new in with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
mongoose decade guru, hit me up with any questions you may have
R.I.P  Autumn Pasquale. May she rest in Peace!
Instagram! @freedo70

#13 2008-11-17 1:53pm

Gtcompe
Banned
Bikes: 9
Website

jsut a little lower quality than a Hutch Pro Street big_smile

#14 2009-01-03 6:04pm

smokingninja
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
Bikes: 6

hahaha
i remember these and the huffy vortex

"is this your homework larry?"

FORMERLY [img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/smokingninja/21202_zps0cdc9634.jpg[/img]

#15 2009-01-03 8:58pm

Fox
Pro Membervet pro
Bikes: 20

freedo wrote:

what is the point of the covers

they make it look fast lol

#16 2009-09-14 4:23pm

robbo734
Centurion Member
Bikes: 8

My brother had one that he got as a gift in the summer. He had it three days, and left it parked out front of his freinds house for a sleep over. It was gone in the morning... Thanks for the pic, I cant wait to show him and watch the tears fall again.. What are brothers for....

Fat people are way cooler!!

#17 2009-10-28 7:43pm

ntny78
Centurion Member
Bikes: 4

Love they way they sounded riding them with the rim covers. It was a pain to air up your tire! I had one that my parents got me as a kid.

WTB: MCS STYLER BARS - LAGUNA 26 CRUISER FORKS - DIA-COMPE 1080 BRAKE SET -

#18 2009-10-29 3:10am

Stiggs
old post expert
Website

Holy crap, I've seen that movie and never noticed that was a sigma in it

That's funny

Awesome

There is no "list"

YEA RIGHT!!!!

#19 2010-04-19 12:14pm

pgh4life79
Museum Newbie

Heu just picked up a Sigma 4419 at a local thrift store for 15 bucks and I couldnt pass it up>I got it for my son and I got it because its a trip down memory road too.

I was wondering if anyone knows where i could pick up original(close to as possible)parts for the bike.
Anyway looking for white seat and decals but would like to know where to look for all other parts too/

jmank79@hotmail.com

#20 2010-04-19 8:20pm

MiniZ
Pro Member

RealFox hasn't been around for a long time but his bikes still gain attention.

Old School Baptized, Mid School Convert
The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get back and not have sex.

#21 2013-02-22 3:07pm

espbassist88
Intermediate
Bikes: 26
Website

Sweet bike. Got two Sigma's myself smile

Bass Solo, Take One...

#22 2013-06-21 5:23pm

wildbillo68
Intermediate
Bikes: 2

I just got one today....$XX.00 . however. the turd painted the frame and the rims (not the plastic discs) in a silver goldish color and tried to tell me that it was the original color..haha Then when i proceeded to tell him about how I can tell it's been painted, and it's the way wrong color and that the seat isn't original he then came clean with me and then said "you seem to know alot about bikes...Are you from the old school"? hahaha I almost fell off my chair... I bought it anyway but not for the original price...way way less. He gave me a set of front and rear MX brakes and cables and levers...anyone know if white brakes are what are supposed to be on it? It had LHR or something like that tires...they are pretty good. don't know if original, but- i'll probably put them on my Redline survivor frame I found in a junk pile in a bike store... just to keep it old..
   I almost forgot the worst part.... when i am riding it the pedals go in reverse but when i try to pedal foward it's like they have to catch up for 1-1/2 turns then the theeth or sproket catches up...I see it's supposed to be a coaster brake bike but- that don't work either. Anyone know what this clown tried to do with the rear sproket to make it a freewheel but- with just a cog, not a free wheel sproket on back..I assume that's the issue..they tried to mickey mouse it to freewheel... any ideas?

In the end, after all the b/s and the this and that and tryin to live and do the right thing, you really truely are all alone.

Man tries to rob Bike Shop (True Story):
Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.

#23 2013-06-23 9:36pm

Fox
Pro Membervet pro
Bikes: 20

wildbillo68 wrote:

I just got one today....$XX.00 . however. the turd painted the frame and the rims (not the plastic discs) in a silver goldish color and tried to tell me that it was the original color..haha Then when i proceeded to tell him about how I can tell it's been painted, and it's the way wrong color and that the seat isn't original he then came clean with me and then said "you seem to know alot about bikes...Are you from the old school"? hahaha I almost fell off my chair... I bought it anyway but not for the original price...way way less. He gave me a set of front and rear MX brakes and cables and levers...anyone know if white brakes are what are supposed to be on it? It had LHR or something like that tires...they are pretty good. don't know if original, but- i'll probably put them on my Redline survivor frame I found in a junk pile in a bike store... just to keep it old..
   I almost forgot the worst part.... when i am riding it the pedals go in reverse but when i try to pedal foward it's like they have to catch up for 1-1/2 turns then the theeth or sproket catches up...I see it's supposed to be a coaster brake bike but- that don't work either. Anyone know what this clown tried to do with the rear sproket to make it a freewheel but- with just a cog, not a free wheel sproket on back..I assume that's the issue..they tried to mickey mouse it to freewheel... any ideas?

sounds like he took apart the coaster brake and removed the pads, i did it before  with a set of mags and the result was similar to what you describe

#24 2013-06-24 2:13am

wildbillo68
Intermediate

actually...I just took out the pads last night and it seems to work better. Have to install the rim back on to test it. I doubt it is that easy though...or they wouldn't have made that adapter that i have seen online by "JBL".... all the videos i have seen on you-tube about makin the coaster hub into a freewheel were different proceedures. That's why i figured i'd just try some things on my own, and it would be funny if all it needs is to remove the brake pads.. I'll let you know.
   Ichanged the rims out yesterday since the  bike is now a rat rod (he painted everything) and put an extra set of rims I had on it to ride it around. I like the frame..it kinda rides good with good rims/hubs under it. If i decide to scrap the sigma theme you know of anyone that would wanna buy or trade for those wheels? or anyone that needs any other parts? I took the bike to help other people with putting together a complete bike out there, and for me to have a frame to play with. (because it was painted, if it was original I'd of kept it original) ya know what I meen? if i can help someone get that one part they been lookin for to complete a bike out there I'll be happy.  thanks for the reply..  I had ;osted this bike in the trades section and had two jerks make comments that discouraged me from listing it in BMX Museum at all or even staying in here to buy stuff anymore...some people are either jelous or just plain ass$$%$*%   I guess haha ...

In the end, after all the b/s and the this and that and tryin to live and do the right thing, you really truely are all alone.

Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.

#25 2013-06-24 4:55am

wildbillo68
Intermediate

Hey...i just went out there to re-install the rear rim..i think it works... I can't believe it. i think I fixed the issue the other owner created and also figured out how to go freewheel with the hub. The trick i think is to build up a couple washers to the security washer though..if that locking nut touches the frame it'll not work, so i took a smaller washer that fit inside the cog space where that black security lock nut is then a larger one over it to contact the frame. you ahve to tighten that black security nut just right to allow the hub to spin without resistance...too loose and it'll wable back and forth and too tight and the cog tightens more and more..
  I noticed that the small berings that go inside that lil cup where the security nut is was gone. the other owner did something with it...I bet that's what was the issue before. if the berrings were in it maybe it would have worked..i dunno...
  gonna take it for a ride later when the sun comes up to be sure it works ok....will update ya.

Board footer

View Cart →