You are not logged in.

Best Auto Insurance Company? Who do you like? Who is the best?  RSS Feed

#1 2019-06-11 1:37pm

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
For Sale: 120
Website

Best Auto Insurance Company? Who do you like? Who is the best?

I'm sick of Farmers. I need to change to a company that is looking out for me!

#2 2019-06-11 1:51pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 6
Website

Re: Best Auto Insurance Company? Who do you like? Who is the best?

In all seriousness, I switched to Geico and saved a ton of money. Had my home, car and motorcycle with Liberty Mutual for years and then realized they were ripping me off. Same coverage, way cheaper. That being said, I've never filed a claim with them.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#3 2019-06-11 1:55pm

GToddC5
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

I was a customer of Allstate from 1991, until a few years ago (no accidents or claims) . Got sick of paying what I thought was too much, so I looked around. Ended up with Geico. Their coverage is extremely easy to tailor to your exact needs for each vehicle, and add on roadside assistance, etc. on the fly. Their mobile app is great, automatic payments easy - I'm just really happy with them, and I'm saving 2/3 what I was paying with Allstate. Allstate didn't even try to keep me as a longstanding customer. F 'em

If they told you that wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them? - Del Griffith

Why do we both need more than one bike?!? - my silly GF

#4 2019-06-11 1:55pm

its-all-good
Website

Thanks but, it is easy to pay the bills. I need someone with good claims experience.

#5 2019-06-11 2:01pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

its-all-good wrote:

I need someone with good claims experience.

Good luck with that part.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#6 2019-06-11 2:11pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

I don't know if they are nation wide, but this place rocks!  https://www.pekininsurance.com/auto/  I have them for my business.

My home and auto is with West Bend. Never had a claim, but we get discounts every year.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#7 2019-06-11 2:12pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

itsdug wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

I have a bunch of idiots that work for me.

#8 2019-06-11 2:28pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

Iceman wrote:

itsdug wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

Plus everybody is running around with those damn ice picks!

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#9 2019-06-11 2:37pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

itsdug wrote:

Iceman wrote:

itsdug wrote:

Plus everybody is running around with those damn ice picks!

I had two that got stuck in my back by my shoulder blade a few years apart. All the guys thought it was a hoot, saying I looked like a bull with a sword in it's back. I couldn't reach them, so they had it pull it out.  Funny mother frankers. rolllol

#10 2019-06-11 2:38pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

its-all-good wrote:

Well it's an insurance company in modern times and not a one is looking out for you. That stated, I've been with Farm Bureau for 25 years. They are cheaper than State Farm and all the others I've checked with in the past. With the claims I have had over the years I felt that they took good care of me and didn't screw me. So, that's all I've got.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Try being smarter than what you are working with.

#11 2019-06-11 2:51pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

eric12 wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

Well it's an insurance company in modern times and not a one is looking out for you. That stated, I've been with Farm Bureau for 25 years. They are cheaper than State Farm and all the others I've checked with in the past. With the claims I have had over the years I felt that they took good care of me and didn't screw me. So, that's all I've got.

Farmer Charlie FTW.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#12 2019-06-11 2:54pm

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation
Bikes: 8

I've been happy with State Farm.  Did some price shopping a few years ago, Farmers & Allstate were both higher for the exact same coverage.  Allstate was going to be over $100 higher, even with the discounted rate for having their vehicle monitoring system installed which monitors how I drive (which I do not currently have).

Did away with Progressive over 2 decades ago when I found out one of the big factors my rate was based on was my credit.  I have bad credit, I'll admit it, it's from my early 20's.  That has ZERO to do with my driving though.  But since they think I'm a higher risk because I have bad credit, their loss.

I will say, sometimes I fell like wrecking into people just so I can file a claim.  Over 20 years of paying & not a single claim for anything.

#13 2019-06-11 4:43pm

its-all-good
Website

WalkerInTN wrote:

I've been happy with State Farm.  Did some price shopping a few years ago, Farmers & Allstate were both higher for the exact same coverage.  Allstate was going to be over $100 higher, even with the discounted rate for having their vehicle monitoring system installed which monitors how I drive (which I do not currently have).

Did away with Progressive over 2 decades ago when I found out one of the big factors my rate was based on was my credit.  I have bad credit, I'll admit it, it's from my early 20's.  That has ZERO to do with my driving though.  But since they think I'm a higher risk because I have bad credit, their loss.

I will say, sometimes I fell like wrecking into people just so I can file a claim.  Over 20 years of paying & not a single claim for anything.

I might try State Farm. They have agents near me.

#14 2019-06-11 4:44pm

its-all-good
Website

itsdug wrote:

In all seriousness, I switched to Geico and saved a ton of money. Had my home, car and motorcycle with Liberty Mutual for years and then realized they were ripping me off. Same coverage, way cheaper. That being said, I've never filed a claim with them.

Does Geico have local agents? I like to show up in person and get in the face if needed.

#15 2019-06-11 4:45pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

They do.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#16 2019-06-11 4:55pm

its-all-good
Website

cool

#17 2019-06-11 6:08pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Bikes: 3

They all suck. I've been with State Farm forever with no claims. Finally some guy hits me in a roundabout. Call insurance number on card. They are closed. Call 800 national number. Get some confusing hour long call, then find out my agent of forever never got rental car insurance on my policy? Pay for rental car out of pocket. Confusing on where / who to tow car (wasn't drive-able), where to get it towed to, car was a mess but they wouldn't total it but spent over $4,000 fixing it, never drove right, ended up trading it in for a different used car. Ended up with increased rates (again, had never cost them a dime in over 25 years), as they weren't able to fight that I was not partially at fault (I got hit on my right side from a guy entering the roundabout???). Still have State Farm, rates just went up again for ??? reason. Other than that accident which wasn't my fault, no tickets, accidents, or claims ever.

Like I said, they all suck. And the claims process is really confusing. I can't tell you how many phone calls and emails I had throughout that whole experience. Plus repeat trip to the dealer as the car didn't drive right after the first $4,000 they sunk into it.

Last edited by brettweir89 (2019-06-11 6:09pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

#18 2019-06-11 6:27pm

its-all-good
Website

neutral
Well, I'm really hoping for them to fix my car. I really like my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I know it is not fancy or super costly.
It is 18 years old but it only has 56,000 miles. It was going to be a rig I kept forever.
The problem is that it is 18 years old and not a collector car. It might cost more then they think it is worth. sad

Stupid 90 year old guy in a 2018 Dodge Charger. Turned right in front of me. I had the right of way and do not think it was my fault.
Hoping to hear from the Insurance tomorrow.

#19 2019-06-11 6:30pm

its-all-good
Website

Thing is that 2 1/2 years ago my other Jeep got totaled for the same crap. Got rear ended and the insurance company said it would cost more to fix it than it is worth. Mind you it was older and had more miles but I really liked it and it was a great rig.
Took me a long time to find a real good one with such low miles on it to replace that one. hmm

Last edited by its-all-good (2019-06-11 6:31pm)

#20 2019-06-11 8:11pm

RobS
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 12

Been with USAA for years now....helped me on a few cars I’ve had...

Good things wait for people that happen...

...fcuk a tight tummy, gimme fat and mushy

#21 2019-06-11 8:13pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

its-all-good wrote:

Thing is that 2 1/2 years ago my other Jeep got totaled for the same crap. Got rear ended and the insurance company said it would cost more to fix it than it is worth. Mind you it was older and had more miles but I really liked it and it was a great rig.
Took me a long time to find a real good one with such low miles on it to replace that one. hmm

I feel your pain. 4-5 years ago some dumbass hit my truck and totaled it. I had if for 17 years and loved that truck. Hit it so hard that it bent the leaf spring bent at a 45 and ripped the front upper control arm out of the frame. It had never been wrecked before that happened.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/104800/20140501_1239305bc549a3dc.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/104800/20140501_1239455bc549a305.jpg

Last edited by eric12 (2019-06-11 8:14pm)

#22 2019-06-11 9:23pm

its-all-good
Website

Ouch!

#23 2019-06-12 2:27am

wrench
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

STAY AWAY FROM STATE FARM.

If your vehicle is more than 6 months old and its involved in an accident state farm will ONLY use repop parts on it. regardless of make, model, millage, etc. they use the cheapest parts possible.

Secondly, their home owners insurance is a JOKE. If you ever become a victim of a home invasion and your stuff is stolen you will have a serious fight on your hands getting paid to replace those items. They require pictures, receipts and 9 out of 10 times they require talking to the salesperson or individual you purchased each item from. So, anything that came to you by inheritance will never be covered. Of course the state Farm agents will tell you otherwise but when something happens it's a completely different story. I know, I've been through it with them and still fighting against them to cover my items that were stolen from my house. I have spoken to several other people (more than 50 at this point) who are dealing with the same problems with state Farm insurance.

Some rare items were stolen from my home and they issued a payment after a LONG fight. The check cleared my bank so I replaced the items. Well, without any notification state Farm insurance put a stop payment on that check AFTER they mailed it. Their reasoning was "we need more documentation that you owned the items". What more documentation does one need?? I presented them with pictures of the items (me personally holding the items inside my house) and receipts for those items. They absolutely REFUSE to make good on that payment (now has become reimbursement) unless they talk to the ACTUAL person that I purchased the items from. So, I have been searching for this person for months now without any luck. They said talking to others to verify that I owed the items is not acceptable (it MUST be the person that I purchased from).

Long story short, state farm insurance is absolutely horrible and they discriminate against you. I can prove 100% that someone else got paid for items that were stolen from them. There was not any deduction for age or condition of the items either. Not to mention there were NO receipts. Basically just a description of the items. This person is a fairly famous musician and their tour bus was broken into. Just because someone is famous or well known doesn't mean they should be treated better than others that are not.

I had to turn over everything to an attorney and let them handle it. Thankfully the attorney has dealt with state Farm over the same issues in the past and knows how to handle it. I really didn't want to go that route but I was sick and tired of dealing with them.

I apologize for the rant but people need to know how state Farm insurance treats their clients when something happens.

Cures for incurable diseases need to be exposed.......

WANTED: NOS or MINT ACS slant stem (prefer not painted but will accept a painted one if needed).

#24 2019-06-12 4:57am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

wrench wrote:

STAY AWAY FROM STATE FARM.

If your vehicle is more than 6 months old and its involved in an accident state farm will ONLY use repop parts on it. regardless of make, model, millage, etc. they use the cheapest parts possible.

Secondly, their home owners insurance is a JOKE. If you ever become a victim of a home invasion and your stuff is stolen you will have a serious fight on your hands getting paid to replace those items. They require pictures, receipts and 9 out of 10 times they require talking to the salesperson or individual you purchased each item from. So, anything that came to you by inheritance will never be covered. Of course the state Farm agents will tell you otherwise but when something happens it's a completely different story. I know, I've been through it with them and still fighting against them to cover my items that were stolen from my house. I have spoken to several other people (more than 50 at this point) who are dealing with the same problems with state Farm insurance.

Some rare items were stolen from my home and they issued a payment after a LONG fight. The check cleared my bank so I replaced the items. Well, without any notification state Farm insurance put a stop payment on that check AFTER they mailed it. Their reasoning was "we need more documentation that you owned the items". What more documentation does one need?? I presented them with pictures of the items (me personally holding the items inside my house) and receipts for those items. They absolutely REFUSE to make good on that payment (now has become reimbursement) unless they talk to the ACTUAL person that I purchased the items from. So, I have been searching for this person for months now without any luck. They said talking to others to verify that I owed the items is not acceptable (it MUST be the person that I purchased from).

Long story short, state farm insurance is absolutely horrible and they discriminate against you. I can prove 100% that someone else got paid for items that were stolen from them. There was not any deduction for age or condition of the items either. Not to mention there were NO receipts. Basically just a description of the items. This person is a fairly famous musician and their tour bus was broken into. Just because someone is famous or well known doesn't mean they should be treated better than others that are not.

I had to turn over everything to an attorney and let them handle it. Thankfully the attorney has dealt with state Farm over the same issues in the past and knows how to handle it. I really didn't want to go that route but I was sick and tired of dealing with them.

I apologize for the rant but people need to know how state Farm insurance treats their clients when something happens.

Based on this, Farm Bureau is wonderful. I just had to come up with manuals for the stuff that was stolen, but mine was 2001 so it was easier to do that.

You brought up a good point. Take pics of your items and keep receipts/ manuals for expensive items. You do have to show some type of proof you owned them.

#25 2019-06-12 5:14am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Rob, if they total it, you can always buy it back from the insurance and then get it fixed. Depending upon the damage that's what I'd do. My truck was too far gone to save.

Board footer

View Cart →