You are not logged in.

any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land  RSS Feed

#51 2019-05-31 8:36pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21226
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

spyker wrote:

WalkerInTN wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:


it dos look cool
but $200.00 for a souvenir from there.

It is $200 for a certain souvenir, but it's not like they all cost that much.  It's not any different than some of the stuff they've sold at Disneyland for decades.  If you want to see expensive, try the Disneyana store on Main Street in Disneyland.  You can spend well over $1000 on 1 thing.

You gotta be a fcuking mental mentally challenged person to spend a fcuking $1000 on one thing at a disney souvenir shop.I would like to see what you get for this kind of money.

been in there it's kinda Disney's version of FAA Swots toy store.
most every thing in it's over priced
what the store clams is  a really cool mask or a life size stuffed Mickey Mouse stuffed animal.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7394/11575787585_a83b415275_b.jpg

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.Dft7FEMeFk5OsSqtVu3DJQAAAA&pid=Api&rs=1&p=0

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1616/24599613825_528fbd6a8d.jpg

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2019-05-31 8:36pm)


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#52 2019-06-01 3:29am

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation
From: Chattanooga, TN
Registered: 2014-05-10
Posts: 1747
Bikes: 23

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

spyker wrote:

WalkerInTN wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:


it dos look cool
but $200.00 for a souvenir from there.

It is $200 for a certain souvenir, but it's not like they all cost that much.  It's not any different than some of the stuff they've sold at Disneyland for decades.  If you want to see expensive, try the Disneyana store on Main Street in Disneyland.  You can spend well over $1000 on 1 thing.

You gotta be a fcuking mental mentally challenged person to spend a fcuking $1000 on one thing at a disney souvenir shop.I would like to see what you get for this kind of money.

The same could be said for a website full of people that spend more than that on kids bikes from the 80's.

Or 1 million dollars for a car.

Or 5 million dollars for art.

It's all subjective.


After over 5 years here, I finally have some bikes listed!

Offline

 

#53 2019-06-01 4:18am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
From: Ny
Registered: 2008-10-22
Posts: 3409
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 6

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

Yup, people collect what they like and money is no object to some. If it makes them happy, go for it. Look at all the PICTURES of the high priced bikes and parts on here. PROOF that they own and are passionate and share.


Hey, $20 IS $20..

Offline

 

#54 2019-06-01 6:06am

ABA180
Candy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1403
Bikes: 2

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

I've always said that many people would think I'm nuts for spending $100 or more for 3 pieces of metal I throw at a board on the wall..but it's something I enjoy doing too

Offline

 

#55 2019-06-01 6:21am

VADER
Official thread killer.....
Registered: 2008-11-15
Posts: 418
Bikes: 6

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

Different strokes..... I have been to Disney in Orlando several times, the Star Wars events they had were pathetic, nothing to them at all. The characters walk out on stage and that about summed it up with the SW theme playing.
   As to Disney itself, everything is overpriced, pure money makers at every angle they can think of in every way, souvenirs, food, trinkets, clothes.
   It's somewhat sad to look at the families eating this bad food and wasting $$ you know they don't really have, but to some it's a big deal to go there.
    Years ago they had turkey legs in frontier land for $5, slowly they crept up, and now they are $10 or more. I did find a food loophole this year. The hotels sell 2 slices of bread for 99 cents, if you toast them, they have free peanut butter and jelly, so a family can eat those cheap. If I know Disney, they will catch on to this quick though, and charge for both soon.


needs: very little. wants: Leary, Patterson, Osborn, Fiola autographs, possibly 83 Predator or DB F&F.

Offline

 

#56 2019-06-01 2:17pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberMuseum Ambassadorship Apprentice
From: Ca,Sc,Ms,
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 5199
Bikes: 7

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/258054/3e3ea118-f943-4e34-b7f7-589cbc4b57c35cf2eb3c4e.jpeg
This Is Swarovski Crystal, My Daughter Has One, We Paid 300 For It.


My Threads Are Your Safe Place.  Enjoy BmxMuseum  And Share With Others.

Offline

 

#57 2019-06-01 2:18pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberMuseum Ambassadorship Apprentice
From: Ca,Sc,Ms,
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 5199
Bikes: 7

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/258054/6e226ece-d78b-4aa4-a735-06183619772a5cf2eb9e30.jpeg
This Piece Here Cost 17,000 From Swarovski
Swarovski Crystal, Myriad Disney Mickey and Friends 90th Anniversary, Limited Edition Sculpture
$17,000.00


My Threads Are Your Safe Place.  Enjoy BmxMuseum  And Share With Others.

Offline

 

#58 2019-06-01 3:23pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
From: Akron, Ohio
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 9451
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

I went to Disneyland when I was like 20. It was neat, but we crammed a lot into one visit. We went to Walt Disney World for my first visit about 4 years ago. I was blown away not only by the parks, but how well the place is run. We’ve stayed on property every time and take advantage of the extra magic hours, and the transportation. Heck, the bus from and to the airport is a lifesaver.

We’ve had our September Orlando trip planned for several months before they announced Galaxy’s Edge to open early. We will be there about a week after opening. Scared for the crowds, but excited to check it out. My wife and I have kinda become Disney nuts. I grew up a Star Wars nut so this will be great.

The reservation thing for Galaxy’ Edge seems to be working alright. Watched some of a live stream last night and the crowds didn’t look too awful. Smuggler’s Run had a 90 minute wait at 3 something in the afternoon on a Friday. Much better than the huge wait times for Flight of Passage (several months after opening) two years ago in Orlando. We lucked out on that though. There was a hurricane when we were supposed to be there and had to reschedule. As a courtesy, we got 2 extra fast passes daily we could use on anything, so we got to ride back to back quicker than the queue was moving.


I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

Offline

 

#59 2019-06-01 3:28pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
From: Akron, Ohio
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 9451
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

We Went To Orlando Last Year, It Was Very Expensive Trip And I’m Just Six Hours From there.  After Paying For All The Park Passes To all the Parks And Waterparks and Resort Fees It Was High

last time I went just for nostalgia kicks. I had just turned 22 so my family went for my birthday. $60.00 just to park vehicle on the Disneyland lot. roll then add in the price to buy ticket to enter park. better not get hungry or thirsty while in park. stuffs not cheap in their.

What were you driving? A 53’ semi? I know you’re a few years older than me, but, when I was there about a decade ago, I recall it being about $20 to park. Knowing Disney, they wouldn’t lower parking prices.


I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

Offline

 

#60 2019-06-01 4:44pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21226
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

VADER wrote:

Different strokes..... I have been to Disney in Orlando several times, the Star Wars events they had were pathetic, nothing to them at all. The characters walk out on stage and that about summed it up with the SW theme playing.
   As to Disney itself, everything is overpriced, pure money makers at every angle they can think of in every way, souvenirs, food, trinkets, clothes.
   It's somewhat sad to look at the families eating this bad food and wasting $$ you know they don't really have, but to some it's a big deal to go there.
    Years ago they had turkey legs in frontier land for $5, slowly they crept up, and now they are $10 or more. I did find a food loophole this year. The hotels sell 2 slices of bread for 99 cents, if you toast them, they have free peanut butter and jelly, so a family can eat those cheap. If I know Disney, they will catch on to this quick though, and charge for both soon.

come on they do a little more than just walking

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2019-06-01 4:47pm)


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#61 2019-06-01 4:51pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21226
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

Ralph Wiggum wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

We Went To Orlando Last Year, It Was Very Expensive Trip And I’m Just Six Hours From there.  After Paying For All The Park Passes To all the Parks And Waterparks and Resort Fees It Was High

last time I went just for nostalgia kicks. I had just turned 22 so my family went for my birthday. $60.00 just to park vehicle on the Disneyland lot. roll then add in the price to buy ticket to enter park. better not get hungry or thirsty while in park. stuffs not cheap in their.

What were you driving? A 53’ semi? I know you’re a few years older than me, but, when I was there about a decade ago, I recall it being about $20 to park. Knowing Disney, they wouldn’t lower parking prices.

location location location. different Disney can charge diff prices. it was a Chevy full size Van  .


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#62 2019-06-01 7:17pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
From: Akron, Ohio
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 9451
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

Ralph Wiggum wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:


last time I went just for nostalgia kicks. I had just turned 22 so my family went for my birthday. $60.00 just to park vehicle on the Disneyland lot. roll then add in the price to buy ticket to enter park. better not get hungry or thirsty while in park. stuffs not cheap in their.

What were you driving? A 53’ semi? I know you’re a few years older than me, but, when I was there about a decade ago, I recall it being about $20 to park. Knowing Disney, they wouldn’t lower parking prices.

location location location. different Disney can charge diff prices. it was a Chevy full size Van  .

I was referring to Disneyland in Anaheim...


I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

Offline

 

#63 2019-06-02 10:22am

IPD
Pro Member
From: Dangerous independent thinking
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 10954
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

been in there it's kinda Disney's version of FAA Swots toy store.

Damn, freek.  This is bad even for you.  It's FAO Schwarz.  Christ on a popsicle stick.


It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

Offline

 

#64 2019-06-02 10:50am

ABA180
Candy Apples
Registered: 2014-08-01
Posts: 1403
Bikes: 2

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

Ralph Wiggum wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:


last time I went just for nostalgia kicks. I had just turned 22 so my family went for my birthday. $60.00 just to park vehicle on the Disneyland lot. roll then add in the price to buy ticket to enter park. better not get hungry or thirsty while in park. stuffs not cheap in their.

What were you driving? A 53’ semi? I know you’re a few years older than me, but, when I was there about a decade ago, I recall it being about $20 to park. Knowing Disney, they wouldn’t lower parking prices.

location location location. different Disney can charge diff prices. it was a Chevy full size Van  .

Plus you've already driven there, you're committed as I see it

Offline

 

#65 2019-06-02 2:27pm

jberg27
Pro Member
From: Phoenix, AZ
Registered: 2017-05-28
Posts: 465
Bikes: 31

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

come on they do a little more than just walking

What the hell was that?  I would have never thought that I would see a Darth Vader dance-off (and people were cheering)! 

Also, for what its worth if you're going to use the flesh colored fabric to fill out the Leia costume then don't bother.

Online

 

#66 2019-06-02 5:13pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21226
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: any one actually dig the new Star wars land at Disney land

jberg27 wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

come on they do a little more than just walking

What the hell was that?  I would have never thought that I would see a Darth Vader dance-off (and people were cheering)! 

Also, for what its worth if you're going to use the flesh colored fabric to fill out the Leia costume then don't bother.

that Was Disney doing what ever the hell they want with Star Wars image. because they can.

as for the  flesh colored fabric to fill out the Leia costume
that's done to prevent wardrobe malfunctions from happening in the bikini.lol


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →