You are not logged in.

going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2  RSS Feed

#26 2019-05-14 3:43pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanadianCollector wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

People often only see one side of the oil and tar sand industry...the one that provides focus on the negative. But...


https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/r … ands-mines

Your first picture is misleading. Take a look at google earth for yourself and you can see what Alberta has really done to the ground.

I have been to Ft.Mac plenty of times throughout the years when the company I work for sends me there.The second I get off the plain you can smell the polution from the oil sands.You can't escape it.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#27 2019-05-14 3:55pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
From: 37027
Registered: 2009-03-09
Posts: 16615
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 6
Website

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

This thread has great potential.


BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Offline

 

#28 2019-05-14 4:09pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

itsdug wrote:

This thread has great potential.

It ain't picnic material that's for sure.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#29 2019-05-14 4:25pm

CanadianCollector
Centurion Member
From: Vancouver, Canada
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 175

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

TMS40 wrote:

No electric car can allow me to enjoy the lifestyle I do so they can piss off. I travel thousands of kilometres on my holidays, often 18 hours driving straight to get to my destinations towing a boat or camper. My refuel takes 5 minutes. I can’t see any electric getting me that distance, towing, in the same time. How long does it take to recharge an electric vehicle and what is there range sitting on 110-130km/h towing.

There isn't much for electric towing vehicles so Diesel would be the way to go.


Wanted: Shimano DX Lever- Gold RH  -good condition
Wanted: Tuf Neck Seat Post Clamp- Gold -good condition

Offline

 

#30 2019-05-14 4:27pm

CanadianCollector
Centurion Member
From: Vancouver, Canada
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 175

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

This our BC government telling Alberta to suck it...

Thursday, November 22, 2018, 3:49 PM -    British Columbia's premier said on Tuesday his government will introduce legislation next year that will require all new light-duty cars and trucks sold in the province by 2040 to be electric or zero-emission vehicles.

Premier John Horgan said the government will phase in the sales targets, which apply only to new vehicles. They will start at 10 percent by 2025, rising to 30 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2040.

To support the plan, British Columbia will expand its fast-charging network and spend an addition C$20 million ($15 million) this year on incentives for consumers who buy electric vehicles.


Wanted: Shimano DX Lever- Gold RH  -good condition
Wanted: Tuf Neck Seat Post Clamp- Gold -good condition

Offline

 

#31 2019-05-14 4:31pm

CanadianCollector
Centurion Member
From: Vancouver, Canada
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 175

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

The provincial gov. kicks in $10,000 and the feds $5,000, total $15,000-16,000 off of your new Zero emissions vehicle.


Wanted: Shimano DX Lever- Gold RH  -good condition
Wanted: Tuf Neck Seat Post Clamp- Gold -good condition

Offline

 

#32 2019-05-14 4:44pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanadianCollector wrote:

This our BC government telling Alberta to suck it...

Thursday, November 22, 2018, 3:49 PM -    British Columbia's premier said on Tuesday his government will introduce legislation next year that will require all new light-duty cars and trucks sold in the province by 2040 to be electric or zero-emission vehicles.

Premier John Horgan said the government will phase in the sales targets, which apply only to new vehicles. They will start at 10 percent by 2025, rising to 30 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2040.

To support the plan, British Columbia will expand its fast-charging network and spend an addition C$20 million ($15 million) this year on incentives for consumers who buy electric vehicles.

Or we can just buy out gasoline from Washington state.Not everyone wants a electric vehicle.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#33 2019-05-14 6:39pm

TMS40
Pro Member
From: Sunshine State, Qld
Registered: 2012-08-08
Posts: 1131

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanadianCollector wrote:

TMS40 wrote:

No electric car can allow me to enjoy the lifestyle I do so they can piss off. I travel thousands of kilometres on my holidays, often 18 hours driving straight to get to my destinations towing a boat or camper. My refuel takes 5 minutes. I can’t see any electric getting me that distance, towing, in the same time. How long does it take to recharge an electric vehicle and what is there range sitting on 110-130km/h towing.

There isn't much for electric towing vehicles so Diesel would be the way to go.

Yep I only own diesel 4 x 4's. Our Govt is pushing for majority electric by 2030. I'm going to bet our shooters party (which basically backs all outdoor recreations fishing/hunting/camping and 4x4 recreation) will come into its own in a few years time.

Offline

 

#34 2019-05-20 5:34pm

bassmusic
Banned
From: TPA
Registered: 2019-05-20
Posts: 75

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

I laugh at the Tesla knobs with their "Zero Emissions" front plates - yeah minus that coal plant that charged your car.   Dumbasses.


I got a girl on the left of me
A girl on the right
I know damn well I slept with both last night

Offline

 

#35 2019-05-21 11:09am

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
From: Texas
Registered: 2010-07-14
Posts: 3355
Bikes: 8

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanadianCollector wrote:

This our BC government telling Alberta to suck it...

Thursday, November 22, 2018, 3:49 PM -    British Columbia's premier said on Tuesday his government will introduce legislation next year that will require all new light-duty cars and trucks sold in the province by 2040 to be electric or zero-emission vehicles.

Premier John Horgan said the government will phase in the sales targets, which apply only to new vehicles. They will start at 10 percent by 2025, rising to 30 percent by 2030 and 100 percent by 2040.

To support the plan, British Columbia will expand its fast-charging network and spend an addition C$20 million ($15 million) this year on incentives for consumers who buy electric vehicles.

When I read this post, the message I see is the only way an electric vehicle can become popular and in majority use is by government control, support, and mandate.  That should not be celebrated. 

The market is always self correcting and there are always unintended consequences with government interference with the market.


Just your typical Aggie Hutch owner. Gig'em.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

Offline

 

#36 2019-05-21 11:20am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
From: Other
Registered: 2011-01-10
Posts: 36964
Bikes: 72
For Sale: 4
Website

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

The negative opinions shared here about Alberta's oil and gas industry is like me harshing on BC for clear cut logging practices. Maybe clear cutting was the way at one point in time but that's really not the case anymore.


Be Kind. Leave Feedback.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b65cd1c79e64.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#37 2019-05-21 12:36pm

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
From: Alabama
Registered: 2008-10-09
Posts: 9621
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanadianCollector wrote:

Don't believe a meme from a red plate...the tar sand area looks like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou … 2451011607

like rare earth mines are any different?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bayan … 109.973803

the point is that going to an electric car is not only not any better but is just as bad (and according to many new studies, is actually worse) than combustion engine cars.

the car very much solved the problem of the horse.... but did not solve all problems

Last edited by Draw (2019-05-21 12:38pm)


Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

Offline

 

#38 2019-05-21 1:15pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
From: PNW, Lower 48 USA
Registered: 2008-07-16
Posts: 11573
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 62
Website

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

I like our Highlander Hybrid  smile

Wish it was rear wheel drive though    sad


Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

Offline

 

#39 2019-05-21 4:34pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberI R Mack-A-Nic
From: Conway, SC
Registered: 2017-02-13
Posts: 4437
Bikes: 3

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

I’m not too familiar with these new fangled electric vehicles, I’ve worked on a lot of different hybrids. Replacing the hybrid batteries and other assorted parts. And the most I know is grab the big orange wire while it’s powered up and you’ll pretty much be dead on site.

I haven’t really worked on full blown electric vehicles.. basically my question is, do these electric car owners have to pay at the charging station when they go out and how much is it per charge/time or whatever it’s based on.

This is just for my enlightenment tongue


“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Offline

 

#40 2019-05-21 5:03pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanyonCrusher wrote:

I’m not too familiar with these new fangled electric vehicles, I’ve worked on a lot of different hybrids. Replacing the hybrid batteries and other assorted parts. And the most I know is grab the big orange wire while it’s powered up and you’ll pretty much be dead on site.

I haven’t really worked on full blown electric vehicles.. basically my question is, do these electric car owners have to pay at the charging station when they go out and how much is it per charge/time or whatever it’s based on.

This is just for my enlightenment tongue

If you own a Tesla,charging the car is free at their charging sations.But if you use another charging station,you gotta pay.It is illegal here to charge for electricity,so they charge you to park the car at the stall.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#41 2019-05-21 5:11pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberI R Mack-A-Nic
From: Conway, SC
Registered: 2017-02-13
Posts: 4437
Bikes: 3

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

I’m not too familiar with these new fangled electric vehicles, I’ve worked on a lot of different hybrids. Replacing the hybrid batteries and other assorted parts. And the most I know is grab the big orange wire while it’s powered up and you’ll pretty much be dead on site.

I haven’t really worked on full blown electric vehicles.. basically my question is, do these electric car owners have to pay at the charging station when they go out and how much is it per charge/time or whatever it’s based on.

This is just for my enlightenment tongue

If you own a Tesla,charging the car is free at their charging sations.But if you use another charging station,you gotta pay.It is illegal here to charge for electricity,so they charge you to park the car at the stall.

Very weird.. I don’t know how it works around here. But I see these charging stations at local malls and often wonder how or if they get charged to use them. And obviously electricity is something that has a price tag on it in the US. I imagine eventually they’ll start charging more and more to use these charging stations. The government has to make money somehow.


“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Offline

 

#42 2019-05-21 5:21pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

I’m not too familiar with these new fangled electric vehicles, I’ve worked on a lot of different hybrids. Replacing the hybrid batteries and other assorted parts. And the most I know is grab the big orange wire while it’s powered up and you’ll pretty much be dead on site.

I haven’t really worked on full blown electric vehicles.. basically my question is, do these electric car owners have to pay at the charging station when they go out and how much is it per charge/time or whatever it’s based on.

This is just for my enlightenment tongue

If you own a Tesla,charging the car is free at their charging sations.But if you use another charging station,you gotta pay.It is illegal here to charge for electricity,so they charge you to park the car at the stall.

Very weird.. I don’t know how it works around here. But I see these charging stations at local malls and often wonder how or if they get charged to use them. And obviously electricity is something that has a price tag on it in the US. I imagine eventually they’ll start charging more and more to use these charging stations. The government has to make money somehow.

The issue with electric cars is,they pretty much become worthless after a certain amount of time when the battery needs to be replaced.I heard the battery pack for a Tesla is something like 30K.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#43 2019-05-21 5:22pm

bassmusic
Banned
From: TPA
Registered: 2019-05-20
Posts: 75

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

this spyker cat is a treat.  hard to believe he's from canada.


I got a girl on the left of me
A girl on the right
I know damn well I slept with both last night

Offline

 

#44 2019-05-21 5:26pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberI R Mack-A-Nic
From: Conway, SC
Registered: 2017-02-13
Posts: 4437
Bikes: 3

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:


If you own a Tesla,charging the car is free at their charging sations.But if you use another charging station,you gotta pay.It is illegal here to charge for electricity,so they charge you to park the car at the stall.

Very weird.. I don’t know how it works around here. But I see these charging stations at local malls and often wonder how or if they get charged to use them. And obviously electricity is something that has a price tag on it in the US. I imagine eventually they’ll start charging more and more to use these charging stations. The government has to make money somehow.

The issue with electric cars is,they pretty much become worthless after a certain amount of time when the battery needs to be replaced.I heard the battery pack for a Tesla is something like 30K.

Damn, so Musk is building rockets to fly to mars and land back on earth for reuse. But can’t design a battery to last for at least 100k of useage?

And I know from experience with these hybrids that those batteries are not cheap, almost as much as the car and weigh about 2/3 of the car itself! I can’t imagine how much a battery for a full blown electric vehicle costs and weighs!


“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Offline

 

#45 2019-05-21 5:27pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

bassmusic wrote:

this spyker cat is a treat.  hard to believe he's from canada.

Thanks,but it takes a bit to understand the Canadian sense of humour though.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#46 2019-05-21 5:30pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:


Very weird.. I don’t know how it works around here. But I see these charging stations at local malls and often wonder how or if they get charged to use them. And obviously electricity is something that has a price tag on it in the US. I imagine eventually they’ll start charging more and more to use these charging stations. The government has to make money somehow.

The issue with electric cars is,they pretty much become worthless after a certain amount of time when the battery needs to be replaced.I heard the battery pack for a Tesla is something like 30K.

Damn, so Musk is building rockets to fly to mars and land back on earth for reuse. But can’t design a battery to last for at least 100k of useage?

And I know from experience with these hybrids that those batteries are not cheap, almost as much as the car and weigh about 2/3 of the car itself! I can’t imagine how much a battery for a full blown electric vehicle costs and weighs!

The whole rocket thing for Elon is just a giant scam for him to milk money out of the pockes of the tax payers,that shit is almost entirely government funded.He is a true snake.His Space X program will never see the light of day in terms of reaching to Mars.But his bank account will be through the atmosphere!


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#47 2019-05-21 5:31pm

bassmusic
Banned
From: TPA
Registered: 2019-05-20
Posts: 75

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

spyker wrote:

bassmusic wrote:

this spyker cat is a treat.  hard to believe he's from canada.

Thanks,but it takes a bit to understand the Canadian sense of humour though.

I've only been to Toronto so my Canadian experience is limited.

If for some reason I land my latest crush and put the Fleshlights away for a while - and heaven forbid I get married - my dream honeymoon is to drive from San Diego to Vancouver.


I got a girl on the left of me
A girl on the right
I know damn well I slept with both last night

Offline

 

#48 2019-05-21 5:35pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics
From: FREAKS & PEAKS
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 22031

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

bassmusic wrote:

spyker wrote:

bassmusic wrote:

this spyker cat is a treat.  hard to believe he's from canada.

Thanks,but it takes a bit to understand the Canadian sense of humour though.

I've only been to Toronto so my Canadian experience is limited.

If for some reason I land my latest crush and put the Fleshlights away for a while - and heaven forbid I get married - my dream honeymoon is to drive from San Diego to Vancouver.

Funny you mention the westcoast cuase I am in Vancouver! WE are completely different form the folks in TO and the rest of the country.Just make sure you don't go to one of them Russian bride sites and you will be good to go.Stayaway from a Asian women too,once you marry them,they become the dragon lady....but they are very sweet at first.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#49 2019-05-21 5:35pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberI R Mack-A-Nic
From: Conway, SC
Registered: 2017-02-13
Posts: 4437
Bikes: 3

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:


The issue with electric cars is,they pretty much become worthless after a certain amount of time when the battery needs to be replaced.I heard the battery pack for a Tesla is something like 30K.

Damn, so Musk is building rockets to fly to mars and land back on earth for reuse. But can’t design a battery to last for at least 100k of useage?

And I know from experience with these hybrids that those batteries are not cheap, almost as much as the car and weigh about 2/3 of the car itself! I can’t imagine how much a battery for a full blown electric vehicle costs and weighs!

The whole rocket thing for Elon is just a giant scam for him to milk money out of the pockes of the tax payers,that shit is almost entirely government funded.He is a true snake.His Space X program will never see the light of day in terms of reaching to Mars.But his bank account will be through the atmosphere!

No wonder his bank account will be so happy, if he’s building a flawed battery that can only last so long and I’m almost willing to bet there’s no such thing as an aftermarket battery for those cars. So he’ll have the Win, win side for all this... what a douché nozzle roll


“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Offline

 

#50 2019-05-21 5:37pm

Gearhead
Pro Member
From: Pacifica, CA
Registered: 2013-12-29
Posts: 314

Re: going to an electric vehicle does not reduce CO2

Fake news.
"A meme shared repeatedly since 2016 contrasts a large lithium mine with a small oil sands extraction site in order to denounce the environmental impact of lithium mining for electric car batteries. However, the top photo shows a copper mine in Chile and the majority of lithium is extracted from brine."
https://factcheck.afp.com/meme-features … thium-mine

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →