You are not logged in.

No spring build-off?  RSS Feed

#1 2019-03-04 8:34am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

No spring build-off?

I usually see a thread with a spring build off this time of year but haven't seen one so far. Any interest?

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#2 2019-03-04 8:37am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru
Bikes: 22

Re: No spring build-off?

It's coming, it usually starts at the end of March.  Stay tuned! cool

Buying high and selling low for decades!

#3 2019-03-04 8:45am

justlive

jriedmiller wrote:

Ahhh, ok. Guess I'm a little anxious big_smile
Thank brotha!

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#4 2019-03-04 8:54am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru

Got something lined up I assume?  I've got a project that's stalled which I'll power through for this as well.  Might be my last build for a long time...  At least that's my plan but you know how that goes lol

#5 2019-03-04 9:05am

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 15

Looking forward to this as well!

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork
RBD2

#6 2019-03-04 10:55am

justlive

jriedmiller wrote:

Got something lined up I assume?  I've got a project that's stalled which I'll power through for this as well.  Might be my last build for a long time...  At least that's my plan but you know how that goes lol

Lol right. I say that every six months lol. But yeah, I have a special one planned. Dropped it off at the powder coater and will hopefully have it back by Friday. This one will be my main rider this summer.

#7 2019-03-04 12:28pm

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru

justlive wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

Lol right. I say that every six months lol. But yeah, I have a special one planned. Dropped it off at the powder coater and will hopefully have it back by Friday. This one will be my main rider this summer.

Cool, looking forward to seeing it.  I'm serious though about cutting back.  I have 2 bikes I'm working on now, one of which will be in the build off.  After that, I just want to enjoy what I have.  If I do build any after that, they will be standard new school riders.  I simply cannot continue doing custom builds, they consume too much of my time and $$ and I just sell them for a loss after I'm done lol.

#8 2019-03-04 1:17pm

justlive

jriedmiller wrote:

justlive wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

Cool, looking forward to seeing it.  I'm serious though about cutting back.  I have 2 bikes I'm working on now, one of which will be in the build off.  After that, I just want to enjoy what I have.  If I do build any after that, they will be standard new school riders.  I simply cannot continue doing custom builds, they consume too much of my time and $$ and I just sell them for a loss after I'm done lol.

I'm completely with u there. Custom builds are such a pain in the ass today. So much so that when I finally finish them I lose all interest and just want to get it out of my sight ie; Trick Star, Grim Reaper, etc. I may eventually build another retro Haro or GT if they do a PFT but that'll be it. I really only want to keep two to ride. I've actually been considering collecting old race frames. I love the history behind them. But I won't build any of them. Just display them on the wall.

#9 2019-03-04 1:18pm

Cw_guy
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 58

Same waiting to

I paint bikes!!
50s and 60s cars 80s Bmx big_smile
Wtb 87 General hustler pro sprocket white with red general name on it and a pair of chrome fork and 85 Cw California freestyle forks
Looking for a 85 Haro Master f/f
And a beat up rl20ii thanks p.m

#10 2019-03-04 2:45pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 15

I like building custom bikes for myself because I take crusty stuff and make it look good. I enjoy it. It’s relaxing to me. Plus I keep the costs down by using what I got on trades or parts off bikes I flip. That damn trike cost me the most. That haro master frame fork paint and everything cost me less than what I would spend for season passes at six flags for the 4 of us. I would be sick to my stomach if I built or bought something that was worth less than what I have into it.

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork
RBD2

#11 2019-03-04 2:50pm

reddawg87
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

jriedmiller wrote:

cool

#12 2019-03-04 6:11pm

justlive

kalel92198 wrote:

I like building custom bikes for myself because I take crusty stuff and make it look good. I enjoy it. It’s relaxing to me. Plus I keep the costs down by using what I got on trades or parts off bikes I flip. That damn trike cost me the most. That haro master frame fork paint and everything cost me less than what I would spend for season passes at six flags for the 4 of us. I would be sick to my stomach if I built or bought something that was worth less than what I have into it.

I probably should've specified that I actually don't mind building a custom old school bike. Actually that's what my build will be, err mid-school actually. It's new school bikes that I dont like doing custom build on.

Board footer

View Cart →