#1 2019-02-09 2:52pm

beachrights
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Performance Bikes to close all stores

What was once the largest bike store company now rides into the Sunset:

AN UPDATE ON PERFORMANCE BICYCLE – 12/07/2018

To our customers,

The parent company of Performance Bicycle has entered into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, and as a result there have been significant changes to our businesses. Currently, all Performance Bicycle stores are holding Store Closing Sales. Here is what it means for you, our valued customers:

•    All Sales are Final. No exchanges, no returns* and no adjustment on prior purchases. (*Refunds may only be for merchandise having a latent defect and returned within 7 days of purchase with receipt).
•    We are no longer accepting "Special Orders."
•    We can no longer offer Ship-to-Store, Ship-from-Store, store transfers or Store Pickups of online or phone orders.
•    We will no longer price-match competitors, or PerformanceBike.com (sale pricing, coupons and other layered discounts). Online purchases cannot match in-store prices.
•    Our Layaway, Trade-In and Hide-a-Bike programs are discontinued. (Existing Hide-a-Bike purchases will remain available for pickup on or before Christmas Eve.)
•    Online purchases can no longer be returned to any Performance Bicycle store. Contact our customer service department here to discuss returning your online purchase.
•    We will no longer offer financing at any Performance store. Financing remains available for online purchases through PayPal Credit.
•    We will no longer offer Lifetime Free Adjustments.
•    All manufacturers' warranties remain in effect for purchases either in-store or online.
•    We can no longer offer free, in-store assembly of bikes purchased at PerformanceBike.com or via phone order.
We no longer offer Performance Bicycle led group rides at our retail locations.

And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun-Pink Floyd

#2 2019-02-09 2:56pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 13

Re: Performance Bikes to close all stores

Where can I find a store to pillage it for its goods?

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork

#3 2019-02-09 2:59pm

beachrights
Pro Member

Well....since we both seem to be Buzzards looking from above at a nice juicy corpse I looked at their website and most product links are blank and what product is there is basically regular price.

From 2000 Associates to 0.....and does anyone know who their "parent company" is?

And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun-Pink Floyd

#4 2019-02-09 3:21pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 13

Hmmmm I need to find brick and mortar stores by me. They might have the goods on discount. I could use another bike stand and some more specialty tools.

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork

#5 2019-02-09 3:27pm

RobS
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10

Don’t know, but they are going to be selling off all the racks and such, the one by me has my number already smile

Good things wait for people that happen...

...fcuk a tight tummy, gimme fat and mushy

#6 2019-02-09 3:36pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

Not surprised, nobody needs a middle man anymore

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#7 2019-02-10 4:32am

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Bikes: 2

This has been discussed here, https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=784950, and in another thread.

On page 2 of the thread I linked, there is news that it's been bought by someone else. I'm not sure what that means. The stores that haven't closed up yet might remain open?

#8 2019-02-10 7:45am

Toeslider
Pro Member

Last I heard the warehouse is empty. lots of stores have closed already.  Columbus, Ohio is still open and everything is 50-70% off.  I was there yesterday and bikes were selling briskly, as it was the first Saturday with those discounts.  They should be open until the end of February.  Every store is different though.  Cinci and Cleveland are already closed.

While I was there they rolled out a nice looking 2019 SE Big Ripper in red.  Really nice looking bike, but 2019 bikes are only 30% off, and I had already bought an '18 Big Flyer.  30% off makes it about $500, good deal, but too much for me to just have it sitting around.  The Big Flyer was only $260, they sold the last one while I was there.  They have an SE Wildman for $180, other than that no BMX left.

#9 2019-02-10 7:59am

sc00ter
Intermediate

I stopped in on a whim because I needed 26" inner tubes. The SE t-shirts are $10 and the Landing Gear hoodies are $30. The SE bikes were %30 off. It was all "closeout" staff on hand and I watched a guy barter down another  $500 on a nice road bike.

#10 2019-02-10 10:00am

Deimos666
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

Toeslider wrote:

Last I heard the warehouse is empty. lots of stores have closed already.  Columbus, Ohio is still open and everything is 50-70% off.  I was there yesterday and bikes were selling briskly, as it was the first Saturday with those discounts.  They should be open until the end of February.  Every store is different though.  Cinci and Cleveland are already closed.

While I was there they rolled out a nice looking 2019 SE Big Ripper in red.  Really nice looking bike, but 2019 bikes are only 30% off, and I had already bought an '18 Big Flyer.  30% off makes it about $500, good deal, but too much for me to just have it sitting around.  The Big Flyer was only $260, they sold the last one while I was there.  They have an SE Wildman for $180, other than that no BMX left.

Probably a waste of time for me to drive up there. I'm not interested in complete bikes at all though, was just going to see what parts they had etc., but probably all gone or still not worth it at the current price.

#11 2019-02-10 7:19pm

Toeslider
Pro Member

Deimos666 wrote:

Toeslider wrote:

Probably a waste of time for me to drive up there. I'm not interested in complete bikes at all though, was just going to see what parts they had etc., but probably all gone or still not worth it at the current price.

They never had much BMX parts or bikes to begin with, except for SE stuff.  They still have a lot of tires, tubes and non-bmx grips, bars, etc.  They do have 10-12 SE handlebars still, but they are still at 50% off the $54.99 MSRP and I don't need any bars that bad.  If they get to 70% I might pick up a few.

#12 2019-02-10 7:33pm

Deimos666
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

Toeslider wrote:

Deimos666 wrote:

Toeslider wrote:

They never had much BMX parts or bikes to begin with, except for SE stuff.  They still have a lot of tires, tubes and non-bmx grips, bars, etc.  They do have 10-12 SE handlebars still, but they are still at 50% off the $54.99 MSRP and I don't need any bars that bad.  If they get to 70% I might pick up a few.

I hear you there, considering the MSRP, not great bargains unless you really need the stuff.

Other places that have closed down and I looked at over the years, often weren't all that great of bargains considering the higher retail price.

When Radio Shack's closed down, I did get some great deals on stuff there though, of course much of it was already gone by the time the high discounts came in.

I'm not really into SE Bikes, so probably nothing I'd buy unless it was dirt cheap to resell.

#13 2019-02-10 9:58pm

Pro Member
Bikes: 2

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/parent-comp … uptcy.html

Its been coming for  a while. Same company that owns SE. Go figure roll

It's yours. Do what you want with it smile

#14 2019-02-11 1:03am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Toeslider wrote:

They do have 10-12 SE handlebars still, but they are still at 50% off the $54.99 MSRP and I don't need any bars that bad.  If they get to 70% I might pick up a few.

Would be great to have a change to buy at half price and even have the choice to pick the best chroming. big_smile

Been there, done that in The Eighties as a kid.

#15 2019-02-11 9:25am

RobS
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 10

May be picking up some of there racks today, the guy told me the floor stands are $10 per tire and the price is negotiable...We shall see...

Good things wait for people that happen...

...fcuk a tight tummy, gimme fat and mushy

#16 2019-02-11 9:37am

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberMuseum Ambassadorship Apprentice
Bikes: 4

RobS wrote:

May be picking up some of there racks today, the guy told me the floor stands are $10 per tire and the price is negotiable...We shall see...

Cool Man , Keep us posted

My Threads Are Your Safe Place.  Enjoy BmxMuseum  And Share With Others.

#17 2019-02-11 1:50pm

lowrider
Pro MemberRiding On My 20
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 5

The two closest to me closed last month, by chance i stopped in at one on their last day... it said everything 90% off on the windows and hardly anything was left. There was one 2019 Big Ripper but they still wanted $500 for it. when i asked, along with another customer why it wasnt 90% off, they rolled it to the back. roll

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

#18 2019-02-11 3:57pm

Toeslider
Pro Member

lowrider wrote:

The two closest to me closed last month, by chance i stopped in at one on their last day... it said everything 90% off on the windows and hardly anything was left. There was one 2019 Big Ripper but they still wanted $500 for it. when i asked, along with another customer why it wasnt 90% off, they rolled it to the back. roll

Those sales always have a disclaimer somewhere, either on the poster or posted in the store that allows them to not discount certain items.  I've been talking to them for a couple weeks now, at first they didn't think any 2019 bikes were included in the sale, then they were told they could do 20% off 2019's.  My store now has 2019's at 30% off, while all other bikes are 50%.  I would have been riding that Ripper out the door at half off, but 30% off is still too steep for me.  Good deal for someone else tho.

#19 2019-02-11 3:59pm

Toeslider
Pro Member

lowrider wrote:

I wonder if that Big Ripper is the one at my store now?  Was it red metallic?  They've been getting stuff from all over because they're one of the few stores left open.

#20 2019-02-11 5:18pm

lowrider
Pro MemberRiding On My 20
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 5

Yes it was like a candy red with chrome. I did hear that they were going to transfer it to another store cool

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

#21 2019-02-11 6:00pm

Toeslider
Pro Member

lowrider wrote:

Yes it was like a candy red with chrome. I did hear that they were going to transfer it to another store cool

well, as of last Saturday it's still $500.

#22 2019-02-13 7:11am

D_Man
Pro Member

They have a lot of 2019 SEs at my local performance, but they are all in a hidden storeRoom in the back and not discounted. I was told maybe they’d be returned to the SE wharehouse.

They also have a few 2018 models on the floor, but they end up only being slightly cheaper than what I can get from planetbmx shipped to my door.

Didn’t seem like much of a going out of business sale.

#23 2019-02-13 11:26am

Toeslider
Pro Member

D_Man wrote:

They have a lot of 2019 SEs at my local performance, but they are all in a hidden storeRoom in the back and not discounted. I was told maybe they’d be returned to the SE wharehouse.

They also have a few 2018 models on the floor, but they end up only being slightly cheaper than what I can get from planetbmx shipped to my door.

Didn’t seem like much of a going out of business sale.

Keep an eye on them.  I got an '18 Big Flyer for $250.  Half off is hard to beat.

#24 2019-02-13 12:22pm

BruceBurbank
Pro Member
Website

Only one store in all of Utah, and it’s here in SLC. I stopped by today to see how slim the pickings were.

A few SE Everyday and Wildman 20”s left. One 26” Big Ripper going for 490$.

Not much else left in the store. If nothing else, I’ll pick up some inner tubes going for a couple bucks each. They still have some decent road bike shoes going for like 40 bucks marked down from 200, so I’ll probably pick up a pair for my big rig.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/212724/se15c647c26e9.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/212724/se25c647c26e7.jpeg

Last edited by BruceBurbank (2019-02-13 12:51pm)

#25 2019-02-13 2:29pm

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 139
Website

The shop by my house has everything at 70% off.

Board footer

View Cart →