#51 2019-02-09 5:41pm

zman0803
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Re: I NEED A NEW VEHICLE! SUGGESTIONS!

CanyonCrusher wrote:

zman0803 wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

That’s why I stick with my GM’s, even the wife’s Cruze is engineered pretty well for repairs.

It's not burning any oil?

Nope, no leaks, runs great, super fuel efficient and with the little turbo it’s pretty quick. So far at 36,000 miles the only thing I’ve had to do is a new battery.

cool

#52 2019-02-09 5:46pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberJust when you’ve seen it all
Bikes: 3

spsracer1 wrote:

Ridgeline was always a decent truck with good drivetrain. Not much utilitarian as a work truck. More of a novelty for the guy who wants a truck with car feel and features. One thing ill say is holy crap did the older 07 style sidelines rot! Picking them up on a lift would have chunks of metal falling out of it. You could put your fingers through the sides of rockers

Lol, I’ve had a lot of those total just because of that. Insurance companies see that, then they see either A,B or C pillar tweeked even just a bit from the accident and then it’s followed by the “I’ll make this one go away” line.

“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Squatted trucks: What kind of mental midget, coconut humping, poop throwing from a tree, goat herding, mouth breathing, short bus riding, glass licking have you seen my helmet moron thought it was cool.

#53 2019-02-09 5:48pm

zman0803
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Jeff,  are you working in the autobody industry or repair industry?

#54 2019-02-09 5:55pm

CanyonCrusher

zman0803 wrote:

I did body work for about 6 years but then I started doing mechanical repairs on the side and went to a shop in need of a mechanic to do repairs and run an alignment machine. So now I only do mechanical work.. I realized people complain a lot about the body like dirty paint, color matching, panel gaps and stupid sh!t. But mechanical work is something no one really sees and as long as it drives smooth and straight down the road that’s all that matters.

“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

Squatted trucks: What kind of mental midget, coconut humping, poop throwing from a tree, goat herding, mouth breathing, short bus riding, glass licking have you seen my helmet moron thought it was cool.

#55 2019-02-09 6:14pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

CanyonCrusher wrote:

zman0803 wrote:

I did body work for about 6 years but then I started doing mechanical repairs on the side and went to a shop in need of a mechanic to do repairs and run an alignment machine. So now I only do mechanical work.. I realized people complain a lot about the body like dirty paint, color matching, panel gaps and stupid sh!t. But mechanical work is something no one really sees and as long as it drives smooth and straight down the road that’s all that matters.

Closer to the end of the month,I have a supercharger kit install for a Cadillac Escalade EXT.This performance upgrade is for a soccer mom of all people!

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#56 2019-02-09 6:17pm

CanyonCrusher

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

zman0803 wrote:

Closer to the end of the month,I have a supercharger kit install for a Cadillac Escalade EXT.This performance upgrade is for a soccer mom of all people!

Lol that soccer mom will make record time getting them to practice. Is that Cadillac the 6.2l?

#57 2019-02-09 6:24pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

Lol that soccer mom will make record time getting them to practice. Is that Cadillac the 6.2l?

Well she came into the shop asking about how to get more power out of the car,she needed the power to tow a boat or load the bed up with camping equipment,plus tow a small enclosed trailer during the summer time.She loves the truck,so getting rid of it was not a option.I have no idea what size of engine it is.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#58 2019-02-09 6:32pm

CanyonCrusher

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:

Well she came into the shop asking about how to get more power out of the car,she needed the power to tow a boat or load the bed up with camping equipment,plus tow a small enclosed trailer during the summer time.She loves the truck,so getting rid of it was not a option.I have no idea what size of engine it is.

Hopefully her transmission can handle all that, my father-in-law has a 86’ F250 that’s in immaculate shape and he used to tow a 35ft camper trailer until the trans started slipping then blew. That’s when he bought a new 17’ F350 diesel to tow that around.

#59 2019-02-09 7:05pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

CanyonCrusher wrote:

spyker wrote:

CanyonCrusher wrote:

Hopefully her transmission can handle all that, my father-in-law has a 86’ F250 that’s in immaculate shape and he used to tow a 35ft camper trailer until the trans started slipping then blew. That’s when he bought a new 17’ F350 diesel to tow that around.

The boat is one of those Seadoo jet boats,they don't weigh much.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#60 2019-02-10 2:53pm

IPD
Pro Member2 smart for his own good
Website

I despise the super-oversize SUV market. 99.999% of the people who drive them don't need something even remotely that big.  They make most truck owners look like the truck purchase was fully warranted.  And I think some of the giant SUV owners are simply people that hate the stigma of having a minivan for a family.

Maybe a minivan was a stigma thing back in the 90's.  Today?  Murder it out and slap wheels on it, and it's a pimpmobile.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#61 2019-02-12 11:31am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 7

but still a piece of crap.

IPD wrote:

Draw wrote:

seems all japanese trucks have around a 6 hour travel time limit then they are hell on your back.

Did build quality take a nosedive over 20 years?  My Isuzu is great for 12 hours of driving, no prob.

so you have never ridden in anything else over the past 20 years? because just about everything made will ride and handle better then that terra-cross thing you own.

you also dont have a truck but a short wheelbase SUV and the short wheelbase, horrible build quality, high center of gravity and truck like suspension on that shituzu means it rides like crap.
but i can agree that it rides better than an old jeep big_smile

glad you like that thing but literally no one else did and it was just one of many models isuzu could not give away and why they are no longer sold in america.

lollollol

CanyonCrusher wrote:

Nope, no leaks, runs great, super fuel efficient and with the little turbo it’s pretty quick. So far at 36,000 miles the only thing I’ve had to do is a new battery.

well geeze, lets hope not with only 36k miles lol

spsracer1 wrote:

Ridgeline was always a decent truck with good drivetrain. Not much utilitarian as a work truck. More of a novelty for the guy who wants a truck with car feel and features. One thing ill say is holy crap did the older 07 style sidelines rot! Picking them up on a lift would have chunks of metal falling out of it. You could put your fingers through the sides of rockers

i would only call a ridgeline a truck if you also agree that the rabbit PU was also a truck wink
my f150 has all the comforts and bells and whistles as a car but is very much a truck. you cant go wrong with a ford pickup. number one for like 45 years for a reason.

Last edited by Draw (2019-02-12 11:41am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#62 2019-02-12 11:40am

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberMuseum Ambassadorship Apprentice
Bikes: 7

My Brother Loves His 2017 Tundra , He Drove Tacoma For 15 years before hand

#63 2019-02-12 11:53am

CanyonCrusher

#64 2019-02-12 12:20pm

Draw

trucks not to buy

why ford makes the best truck.

#65 2019-02-12 12:44pm

CanyonCrusher

I’m gonna agree to disagree with you Draw. Especially considering Ford and Chevy share the same transmission tongue

It’s all about personal preference and like I said before I’m a fan of all vehicles that perform off road and go fast.

But as far as beds go, aluminum was a terrible idea.

#66 2019-02-12 12:55pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

CanyonCrusher wrote:

WOW WHAT

#67 2019-02-12 1:02pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

Lets be honest.How many people who spend the money on a brand new full size truck actually use it for work and abuse it like the videos posted?

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#68 2019-02-12 1:12pm

IPD
Pro Member2 smart for his own good
Website

Yeah, making the body/cab out of aluminum probably would be fine.  But the bed/frame from AL is a bad idea.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#69 2019-02-12 1:23pm

Draw

CanyonCrusher wrote:

I’m gonna agree to disagree with you Draw. Especially considering Ford and Chevy share the same transmission tongue

haha... you must of only linked the vid and not watched the vid.
the transmission in question is the new 10 speed and was a joint venture but was engineered by ford
so its really a chevy that is getting a ford transmission lol

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g … n/?slide=1

CanyonCrusher wrote:

But as far as beds go, aluminum was a terrible idea.

is this is why the next gen chevy will have one? they already have aluminum body panels.

Last edited by Draw (2019-02-12 1:23pm)

#70 2019-02-12 1:25pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
For Sale: 28
Website

IPD wrote:

Yeah, making the body/cab out of aluminum probably would be fine.  But the bed/frame from AL is a bad idea.

Hmmm, why do I have a feeling someone is going to chime in with a mathematical response?     lol

No, I'm not talking Spyker.

Guess who?

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#71 2019-02-12 1:27pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

spyker wrote:

Lets be honest.How many people who spend the money on a brand new full size truck actually use it for work and abuse it like the videos posted?

Right, If I was to pay 72 thousand dollars for that Dual I would Baby It

#72 2019-02-12 1:27pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

stonie wrote:

IPD wrote:

Hmmm, why do I have a feeling someone is going to chime in with a mathematical response?     lol

No, I'm not talking Spyker.

Guess who?

Of course it ain't me! Us mouth breathers on here can only count to 10....201 if we include our toes and penis.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#73 2019-02-12 1:28pm

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

spyker wrote:

Right, If I was to pay 72 thousand dollars for that Dual I would Baby It

Ya and for 72K USD,I would make sure people took off their shoes before stepping into my truck.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#74 2019-02-12 1:39pm

Draw

IPD wrote:

i'd argue that its still fine.

semi trucks have been made this way for decades as well as heavy duty dump bodies.

https://www.heritagetruck.com/products/ … ck-bodies/

https://www.air-flo.com/product.cfm?id= … 35ECCED8F6

Last edited by Draw (2019-02-12 1:41pm)

#75 2019-02-12 1:57pm

made2drag
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

Stay away from the Chevy trucks from 2008 to like 2010 or 11.  They were notorious for needing lifters and heads replaced even with low miles.

I love the newer Tahoe's and even the new Colorado's and Canyons...(too new, I know)

I still like the 99-07's Chevy/GMC trucks.  I have 326,000 miles on my 06 GMC Sierra and it's on it's 2nd trans.  They go out at 175k, so i'll be needing one in about 20k miles.  But i'll gladly do that since the LS motors run forever.  Mine runs like new still.

Board footer

View Cart →