You are not logged in.

(IDK) I Dont Know!!!  RSS Feed

#1 2019-01-10 7:21pm

D...Nice
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

(IDK) I Dont Know!!!

Yesterday my 8 year old daughter tells me that she wants a BIGGER bike now like the other neighborhood kids. So I just through together this 79 Minigoose for her today that I had in pieces, she said she likes how it rides but she wants it in PINK like her other/old bike!  yikes YIKES!!!! I know all you old schoolers would say "Just buy her a bigger PINK bike". The reason I put this together was to avoid spending more money! So I guess I'll have to paint it PINK. Wish they made PINK shoe polish so later down the line I could just wash it off... I figure, go old school and spray bomb it PINK. Could always paint strip it off in the future!

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/4045/img_62855c380b9d22.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/4045/img_62895c380ba40b.jpg

Last edited by D...Nice (2019-01-10 7:24pm)

> > > Wanted List: MX-60 rims ~  ECKO Helmet - Large ~ Black Schwinn Banana Seat ~ Front 24" Skyway Tuff wheel White or Yellow ~ Patterson Decals ~ Sealed Sunshine Hubs < < <

#2 2019-01-10 7:25pm

blue streak
Pro MemberAsks & Receives
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 24

Re: (IDK) I Dont Know!!!

Find pink Plastidip, you can peel it off later.

#3 2019-01-10 7:26pm

NVcali6
Museum Newbie

Dude. Is it chrome?
Spray it in my little pony and when (if?) she gets bored with it you can strip it off in 5 minutes and she can enjoy it as it was meant to be.

#4 2019-01-10 8:09pm

Knarly
Pro Member
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 2

Now is the perfect time to teach her you cant always get what you want in life, and sometimes you have to make compromises. lol
OR
Leave the parts as they are and pink it out. Get her some pink grips, seat, pedals and tires. She will be happy and you save yourself having all the extra work. Plus when she drops it she wont be killing some vintage parts.
The build looks really cool BTW cool

LOOKING FOR........   And or Trade items  very clean, mint condition

-Black Kuwahara lightening bolt stem pad           
-Blue Diacompe MX1000 brake                              -Blue Diacompe tech 3 rear lever
-Hutch lay back chrome seat post                          -Black set and Blue set of O wing grips

"WHEN IN DOUBT, CRANK IT !"

#5 2019-01-10 8:11pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberDuctus Exemplo
Bikes: 5

blue streak wrote:

Yes this absolutely, But put it on think as crap so you can peel it more easily , I mean thick

Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

#6 2019-01-10 8:13pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberDuctus Exemplo

Knarly wrote:

Now is the perfect time to teach her you cant always get what you want in life, and sometimes you have to make compromises. lol
OR
Leave the parts as they are and pink it out. Get her some pink grips, seat, pedals and tires. She will be happy and you save yourself having all the extra work. Plus when she drops it she wont be killing some vintage parts.

This Too, But It’s a fun thing, So make it fun for her no matter what

Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

#7 2019-01-10 8:17pm

Thetrooper
Pro Member
Bikes: 15

Knarly wrote:

OR

Great idea!

Looking for a 24" GT fork 87-89

#8 2019-01-10 8:17pm

Giginfrogg
Pro MemberFroggy
Bikes: 3

Trim it with pink pads, grips, plate, valve caps. You got to have some eighty's pink somewhere in the parts pile.

Last edited by Giginfrogg (2019-01-10 8:18pm)

If I owe you feedback PM me. My inbox is like a WAR zone.
Wanted: 24 or 26" Quadangle F/F 1" threaded version non canti. What ever maker it may be....

#9 2019-01-11 2:14am

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
Bikes: 8

Knarly wrote:

OR

This^^^^ AND the pink parts idea lol

That frame is too cool to paint pink.

Last edited by cmb (2019-01-11 2:14am)

Just your typical Aggie Hutch owner. Gig'em.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

#10 2019-01-11 3:33am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 69

blue streak wrote:

or get a sheet of pink decal rap for cars and use that on the frame.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#11 2019-01-11 3:42am

old bmx dad/Ted
Pro MemberSupreme Robinson Collector
Bikes: 18

Paint it pink !

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ..  Thank you Brian ...

Birthplace & Home of the Robinson sanctuary .

Trailorparkpimps #1 big friend.      OTB.....past member.

Bird you will be missed .

#12 2019-01-11 4:10am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

blue streak wrote:

or get a sheet of pink decal rap for cars and use that on the frame.

Both great ideas!

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#13 2019-01-11 4:59am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

I would just paint it. Don't use acid etch primer. It won't hurt the bike at all, in fact if anything it will preserve the finish.

It's nothing an afternoon with some aircraft stripper can't remove.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

Skyways for show, spokes for go.

#14 2019-01-11 5:06am

jriedmiller

Paint it pink and make your girl happy.  You'll never make the masses here happy no matter what you do lol

Buying high and selling low for decades!

#15 2019-01-11 5:16am

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE
Pro Member
For Sale: 7

She wants a pink bike she gets a pink bike no matter what kind it is bottom line. Get painting and add pics once the pink restoration is completed.  Have her help if at all possible and enjoy your time. cool

#16 2019-01-11 6:29am

DYNOWILL
Pro Member

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE wrote:

She wants a pink bike she gets a pink bike no matter what kind it is bottom line. Get painting and add pics once the pink restoration is completed.  Have her help if at all possible and enjoy your time. cool

I agree with this and I do understand the OG poster's dilemma as I have 2 daughters. Mine problem is the reverse in that I assumed they would want pink bikes of some sort and then they informed me otherwise lol so now I have a few pink components that may be of some use to ya wink

Last edited by DYNOWILL (2019-01-11 6:29am)

#17 2019-01-11 12:32pm

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1170
Website

hey D! aint seen ya in a bit. hope all is well.

as for the frame, i say pink it is!!!! its true, the paint will protect the nickle, and the kid aint ganna do nothing to harm it either. dont think i could do the fork if its ashtubula, but if they the flat side schwinn fork......pink it is!!!! lol

as for the rest of the parts, i would leave them as is. i would do the pink grips, seat, and tires (make sure they gum walls! gatta look era! lol) and of course some tassels! we are bike freaks! we can do tassels!! lol

other then that, ya need to get that basket and the bell switched over pronto! tha gal has needs yo! lol

killer ride for a lil kid. pink would be happen this weekend!

do a build thread if ya do it. could get fun!!

rc

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#18 2019-01-11 8:18pm

D...Nice
Pro Member

blue streak wrote:

Sounds cool but I think its a bit out of my price range for the frame....so my daughter and I just went and picked out the color! So I'll be spraying it! $15 out of pocket lol

> > > Wanted List: MX-60 rims ~  ECKO Helmet - Large ~ Black Schwinn Banana Seat ~ Front 24" Skyway Tuff wheel White or Yellow ~ Patterson Decals ~ Sealed Sunshine Hubs < < <

#19 2019-01-11 8:36pm

D...Nice
Pro Member

rcsnipe2000 wrote:

hey D! aint seen ya in a bit. hope all is well.

as for the frame, i say pink it is!!!! its true, the paint will protect the nickle, and the kid aint ganna do nothing to harm it either. dont think i could do the fork if its ashtubula, but if they the flat side schwinn fork......pink it is!!!! lol

as for the rest of the parts, i would leave them as is. i would do the pink grips, seat, and tires (make sure they gum walls! gatta look era! lol) and of course some tassels! we are bike freaks! we can do tassels!! lol

other then that, ya need to get that basket and the bell switched over pronto! tha gal has needs yo! lol

killer ride for a lil kid. pink would be happen this weekend!

do a build thread if ya do it. could get fun!!

rc

Hi rc, Yeah I've been out of the seen for a few years...just got busy with my kids sports, school schedules and work! Kinda picked up on another hobby now, 1st it was volkswagons, then bmx bikes, and now its ????? gotta love California gun laws!

I was looking along those same ideas you've mention so we'll see....Yeah I might do a build thread or just a before and after post?!?!

#20 2019-01-11 8:37pm

D...Nice
Pro Member

Thanks guys on your thoughts and ideas, I'll keep you posted on how it all goes!

#21 2019-01-11 8:53pm

blue streak
Pro MemberAsks & Receives
For Sale: 24

D...Nice wrote:

blue streak wrote:

Sounds cool but I think its a bit out of my price range for the frame....so my daughter and I just went and picked out the color! So I'll be spraying it! $15 out of pocket lol

You can buy it in a spray paint can, it's like $8 a can.

#22 2019-01-12 6:44am

MacDaddy
Pro Member

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE wrote:

This.
They don't stay young for long.
The memories will outlast, and are more important than, anything on that bike.

#23 2019-01-12 11:58am

oldskoolkel
Museum Addict

Good man. Who cares about the original finish, that was 40 years ago, long gone, dead and buried.
Live for the now, and right now in this moment, a little lady wants a pink bike.....cool

1983 Porsche 911 SC,1978 Ford Capri 3.0 xpack
2011 26" OM Flyer, 2010 metal wrap retro looptail PK, 2000 aluminium Mongoose SGX 24".

Board footer

View Cart →