You are not logged in.

2019 Hoffman Big Daddy Frame  RSS Feed

#151 2019-06-12 6:37am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
Bikes: 1

Re: 2019 Hoffman Big Daddy Frame

Oh, will the tubing be "OVAL DOWNTUBE" like the original?

Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#152 2019-06-12 6:47am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

If they made a Big Daddy Fork, it would be the wrong fork for 90% of the people buying the frame.  Brake mounts or none?  Zero, sixteen, twenty five or 32 mm offset?  Everybody has their preference and as this frame will be ridden by flatlanders, street riders, park riders and ramp riders, no one fork will work for everyone's taste.

Ok, makes sense.
Lol now I have to say it again so bare with me.
I'm trying to get close to my STREETBEAT overall feel..
Is there some other forks you would suggest besides the ODYSSEYs?
I'm also thinking of having peg bosses like SUPER FORKs have and I definitely want welded on 990 mounts.
I know GT made a very similar fork but I'm gonna guess its HAF..(heavy, as..f**k)??
So, I'd like the lightest fork with those options if possible.
If there arent any with peg bosses, I can live with it or go MID SCHOOL forks..
Guide me fellas..

Ok, you are not going to find anything that feels like a Street Beat.  Period.  If that's what you like, just keep riding it.  Old school geometry is gone and won't be seen on a modern frame. 

Nobody makes peg boss forks anymore.  Don't go with a mid school fork as they weigh close to 50 ounces where a new fork weighs 32-35.  Mid school stuff is no longer fun to ride. 

My main question for guys like you is "What do you want to do with the bike?"  Do you want to seriously ride, just take it around the neighborhood and do a few little tricks or have a showpiece build of what your favorite parts are?  With that question answered you can get some guidance.  I plan on riding mine seriously so I may be coming from a different perspective.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#153 2019-06-12 9:21am

dan82
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

pwh4130 wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

If they made a Big Daddy Fork, it would be the wrong fork for 90% of the people buying the frame.  Brake mounts or none?  Zero, sixteen, twenty five or 32 mm offset?  Everybody has their preference and as this frame will be ridden by flatlanders, street riders, park riders and ramp riders, no one fork will work for everyone's taste.

Ok, makes sense.
I'm also thinking of having peg bosses like SUPER FORKs have and I definitely want welded on 990 mounts.
I know GT made a very similar fork but I'm gonna guess its HAF..(heavy, as..f**k)??
Guide me fellas..

Ok, you are not going to find anything that feels like a Street Beat.  Period.  If that's what you like, just keep riding it.  Old school geometry is gone and won't be seen on a modern frame. 

Nobody makes peg boss forks anymore.  Don't go with a mid school fork as they weigh close to 50 ounces where a new fork weighs 32-35.  Mid school stuff is no longer fun to ride. 

My main question for guys like you is "What do you want to do with the bike?"  Do you want to seriously ride, just take it around the neighborhood and do a few little tricks or have a showpiece build of what your favorite parts are?  With that question answered you can get some guidance.  I plan on riding mine seriously so I may be coming from a different perspective.

Ya if your gonna ride it use all new school parts I can't imagine your not gonna like it, if your gonna ride flat get the 19.5 (which really isn't that small) everything else get the 20.5 If your not gonna ride it why buy it just buy an old big daddy

Im more of a rider then a collector and im not too good at either one

#154 2019-06-12 9:21am

dan82
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

pwh4130 wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

Ok, makes sense.
Guide me fellas..

Ya if your gonna ride it use all new school parts I can't imagine your not gonna like it, if your gonna ride flat get the 19.5 (which really isn't that small) everything else get the 20.5 If your not gonna ride it why buy it just buy an old big daddy

Im more of a rider then a collector and im not too good at either one

#155 2019-06-13 12:03am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

pwh4130 AND dan82

I plan on riding it.
My style has always been not tobabuse the bike but still pull as much as I can. Mid range.
I'm pretty fat now, 200+lbs but still very active/flexible.
I ride mostly street/flatland.
Some park when I can get to one but not usually.
I do some trails as well.
Visually this is goin to be a TRIBUTE/THEME build.
I want it lookin great and ridin great.
As MAT said.."this ones to wave the fruckin flag".

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#156 2019-06-13 6:08am

made2drag
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

pwh4130 AND dan82

I plan on riding it.
My style has always been not tobabuse the bike but still pull as much as I can. Mid range.
I'm pretty fat now, 200+lbs but still very active/flexible.
I ride mostly street/flatland.
Some park when I can get to one but not usually.
I do some trails as well.
Visually this is goin to be a TRIBUTE/THEME build.
I want it lookin great and ridin great.
As MAT said.."this ones to wave the fruckin flag".

Just buy one already!  If you end up not liking something about it, sell it.

Increase the Peace

#157 2019-06-15 4:11am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

Who's the best "PRE-ORDER" shop to deal with and has the best price, service. Remember, I'm in CANADA. (insert joke here lol)
Is there away to request a serial with a specific number at the end of the while serial number??
Please post the link, price (I believe its $50 down/$399.99 for CHROME)..

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-06-15 4:27am)

ALICE COOPER

#158 2019-06-15 4:20am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 2

...is grocery shopping this intense for you Bruh? lol

Squashed!

#159 2019-06-15 4:27am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

...is grocery shopping this intense for you Bruh? lol

Worse..neutral
big_smile

Who's the best shop to deal with?

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-06-15 4:28am)

ALICE COOPER

#160 2019-06-15 6:23am

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Bikes: 2

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Who's the best "PRE-ORDER" shop to deal with and has the best price, service. Remember, I'm in CANADA. (insert joke here lol)
Is there away to request a serial with a specific number at the end of the while serial number??

If the serial is on the box you might get lucky. If they have to open it up you're SOL. I asked one time about the color of decals on a frame and they wouldn't check.

#161 2019-06-15 6:47am

80's Al
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

I pre ordered from flatland fuel.  They ship super fast here in the US and it seems I always get money refunded to my paypal.

$55. shipping to Canada.

http://flatlandfuel.com/hoffmanbikesbigdaddyframe.aspx

Last edited by 80's Al (2019-06-15 10:13am)

#162 2019-06-15 11:50am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 2

There ya have it Beast, everything except the molecular composition of the 4130 tubing in accordance with the curvature of the earth,  or flatness if youre into that. big_smile

Ps: lmk if you have an extra Skyway frame loitering at your Skyway vault..That was thee very first Freestyle bike I ever saw and wanted one so bad... never got to own one.sad

Squashed!

#163 2019-06-15 6:57pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

blammo585 wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

If the serial is on the box you might get lucky. If they have to open it up you're SOL. I asked one time about the color of decals on a frame and they wouldn't check.

Thanks good to know. I'll ask them.

ALICE COOPER

#164 2019-06-15 6:57pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

80's Al wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

I pre ordered from flatland fuel.  They ship super fast here in the US and it seems I always get money refunded to my paypal.

$55. shipping to Canada.

http://flatlandfuel.com/hoffmanbikesbigdaddyframe.aspx

Thanks brother. Makes it easier..

ALICE COOPER

#165 2019-06-15 7:02pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

There ya have it Beast, everything except the molecular composition of the 4130 tubing in accordance with the curvature of the earth,  or flatness if youre into that. big_smile

Ps: lmk if you have an extra Skyway frame loitering at your Skyway vault..That was thee very first Freestyle bike I ever saw and wanted one so bad... never got to own one.sad

Cheers brother big_smile

Will the tubing be "OVAL" like the original??

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/36359/screenshot_20190615-220010_chrome5d05a2d404.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/36359/screenshot_20190615-220017_chrome5d05a2ddec.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/36359/screenshot_20190615-220027_chrome5d05a2e63e.jpg
big_smile

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-06-15 7:03pm)

ALICE COOPER

#166 2019-06-15 7:24pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

That's way cool bro.
I , lol dont ..really let go of my stuff as I've always collected what I love.
I do, have..among my collection an original RAW 1985 STREETBEAT but have plans for it. I do see BEATs on evilbay fairly regularly. I can keep an eye peel for ya..

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-06-15 11:25pm)

ALICE COOPER

#167 2019-08-06 11:44pm

4inCycle
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

Any info on the date?

#168 2019-08-21 10:53am

m6z
Museum Newbie

I'm quite interested in one of these.  Chain tensioners would of been nice. 

This is more of the style I remember from my 80's/90's childhood.  The black, chrome and raw options are nice as well. 

I've been tempted to pick up one of latest GT Pro Performers, but I'm not a fan of the current color options and I want something with 48 spoke wheels for nostalgia.

#169 2019-08-21 12:20pm

m6z
Museum Newbie

FWIW there are some NOS Hoffman forks available on Ebay currently.  I think they're all 14mm though.

#170 2019-09-18 11:39pm

4inCycle
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

Just throwing this in here where others would be looking for it.

I dig the changes too. Gives it a bit more mid school edge. Looks like my old friend.

Last edited by 4inCycle (2019-09-18 11:41pm)

Board footer

View Cart →