You are not logged in.

Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?  RSS Feed

#1 2018-12-15 11:43pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Has anyone on here experienced issues with Bombshell or Avent Racing? Or any other company that failed to meet their sponsorship obligations?

Here's my story......

M race team, Caveman Racing, has a deal with Bombshell/Avent Racing where the team purchases "X" amount of products from them and we get a free frame with the deal. Well after 3 family tragedies in just over a year (2 funerals and a tornado destroying our home) I decided to sell all the parts off my race bike and sell a few of my old pieces to fund the new build. I actually ordered quite a few parts more than was required for the deal, got my parts in, but no frame. I called and left messages a couple times over the next 3 week's before I FINALLY get a call back that they're waiting on their next shipment which was due next week. So 2 weeks later I called back and they said they would try to get it out next week. Next week? NOTHING. The week after that? NOTHING. After 4 months of excuses and lies I again get hold of Jiri Holec, owner of Bombshell, and he swears to me that he'll bring it to the Grands in Tulsa. I'm all excited since I'm racing the Grands and I live 10 minutes away from where it's held at BUT when I go meet him to get it, NOTHING AGAIN. 2 more calls since thanksgiving weekend and yet again, more excuses and NOTHING. Sad thing is that the others on my team that took the deal have all gotten their frames. Has anyone else had an issue with them?

I've honestly given up all hope that I'll ever see the frame but now I'm at the point of publicly blasting them.

Please share your storiesof ANY BMX company that's screwed you over


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#2 2018-12-16 12:24am

knightindullarmor
Pro MemberDirty Jungle Monkey Love
From: BEYOND THE GRAVE
Registered: 2009-03-31
Posts: 2525
For Sale: 6

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

marked to see the outcome.


44T CLUB CHICAGO
Things im looking for:  AUBURN BARS, 2014 GT SPEED SERIES CARBON, GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, SPIN THUG RIMS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS,  LEGAL AGE VIRGIN PUSSY, FISHBONE KONG FU OR NINJA, GT HE MAN PEDALS, DUAL SIDE DRIVE HUB (LHD/RHD)

A man can only turn the other cheek so many times before he stares with death in his eyes and unleashes his wrath upon his adversary 11/2018

when reasoning with logic fails, action without care of consequences becomes a necessity 12/2018

Offline

 

#3 2018-12-16 6:36am

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

knightindullarmor wrote:

marked to see the outcome.

I'm curious about the outcome myself lol


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#4 2018-12-16 7:00am

turdburd
Pro Member
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 1634
Bikes: 4

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Bummed to hear this. Hopefully they step up and make things right.


Aba Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

Offline

 

#5 2018-12-16 4:19pm

MickRich393
Pro Member
From: Fukui, Japan
Registered: 2010-08-29
Posts: 3615
Bikes: 8

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

turdburd wrote:

Bummed to hear this. Hopefully they step up and make things right.

Likewise.

Offline

 

#6 2018-12-17 11:04am

Garcia_58
Pro MemberBeg
From: South FLA
Registered: 2013-05-14
Posts: 10386
Bikes: 36
For Sale: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

I'm not saying you did this but....

But companies that give huge discounts don't want their "Pay-to Ride" riders abusing the deal.  Like buying for a buddy or buying to stock pile or reselling.

Good luck.


I am not of this world ----- 1978 GLJ 1979 DG Racer

Offline

 

#7 2018-12-17 7:14pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Garcia_58 wrote:

I'm not saying you did this but....

But companies that give huge discounts don't want their "Pay-to Ride" riders abusing the deal.  Like buying for a buddy or buying to stock pile or reselling.

Good luck.

I'm doing neither. I had to race my GHP G1 frame I raced on last season just so I could continue racing. And the only extra parts I've gotten are an extra titanium chain and an extra stem. So there's no hooking anyone up


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#8 2018-12-18 3:29am

Garcia_58
Pro MemberBeg
From: South FLA
Registered: 2013-05-14
Posts: 10386
Bikes: 36
For Sale: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

notapadawan wrote:

Garcia_58 wrote:

I'm not saying you did this but....

But companies that give huge discounts don't want their "Pay-to Ride" riders abusing the deal.  Like buying for a buddy or buying to stock pile or reselling.

Good luck.

I'm doing neither. I had to race my GHP G1 frame I raced on last season just so I could continue racing. And the only extra parts I've gotten are an extra titanium chain and an extra stem. So there's no hooking anyone up

Speaking of GHP...

My son and I got picked up by GHP, let me rephrase that, My son got picked up by GHP and I tagged along.  With that came discounts with sponsor products as the norm.  Troy Lee Designs was one of them at 40% off,  wow what a deal, I was getting pants, gloves, protection gear and a helmet.  Right before I could pull the trigger on this purchase TLD cancelled the deal they had with GHP.  One of the reasons was over purchasing, purchasing for buddies etc, the other was some numskull parents would go into a TLD Authorized Dealer try on everything then tell the sales staff they pay %40 less, idiots!!

Last edited by Garcia_58 (2018-12-18 3:55am)


I am not of this world ----- 1978 GLJ 1979 DG Racer

Offline

 

#9 2018-12-18 3:47am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 17413
Bikes: 69

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

notapadawan wrote:

knightindullarmor wrote:

marked to see the outcome.

I'm curious about the outcome myself lol

+1 sad sucks for you hope it gets worked out.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#10 2018-12-18 3:50pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Garcia_58 wrote:

notapadawan wrote:

Garcia_58 wrote:

I'm not saying you did this but....

But companies that give huge discounts don't want their "Pay-to Ride" riders abusing the deal.  Like buying for a buddy or buying to stock pile or reselling.

Good luck.

I'm doing neither. I had to race my GHP G1 frame I raced on last season just so I could continue racing. And the only extra parts I've gotten are an extra titanium chain and an extra stem. So there's no hooking anyone up

Speaking of GHP...

My son and I got picked up by GHP, let me rephrase that, My son got picked up by GHP and I tagged along.  With that came discounts with sponsor products as the norm.  Troy Lee Designs was one of them at 40% off,  wow what a deal, I was getting pants, gloves, protection gear and a helmet.  Right before I could pull the trigger on this purchase TLD cancelled the deal they had with GHP.  One of the reasons was over purchasing, purchasing for buddies etc, the other was some numskull parents would go into a TLD Authorized Dealer try on everything then tell the sales staff they pay %40 less, idiots!!

Wow. I can understand them doing that. And then those numbskulls only make things worse.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#11 2018-12-19 9:43am

lowrider
Pro MemberRiding On My 20
From: NorCal to North Texas
Registered: 2010-04-06
Posts: 3435
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 4

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

That sucks Tim, I know you were really excited to be getting a frame from Bombshell, heck you even planned to enter it in the Museum build off hmm

hope they somehow make things right... you have a lot of influence in the Oklahoma BMX scene neutral


[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#12 2018-12-19 3:49pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

lowrider wrote:

That sucks Tim, I know you were really excited to be getting a frame from Bombshell, heck you even planned to enter it in the Museum build off hmm

hope they somehow make things right... you have a lot of influence in the Oklahoma BMX scene neutral

I hope so too Wayne. And yea, I've been promised over and over and over that it was coming but for some reason they're not honoring their end of the deal. I love the parts I got from them and definitely recommend the parts but if they can't follow through with their word then I cannot recommend them to anyone. Imo, it doesn't matter how good the parts are if their customer service and their word aren't any good


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#13 2018-12-19 5:41pm

blammo585
Museum Addict
Registered: 2013-02-17
Posts: 1917

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

notapadawan wrote:

lowrider wrote:

That sucks Tim, I know you were really excited to be getting a frame from Bombshell, heck you even planned to enter it in the Museum build off hmm

hope they somehow make things right... you have a lot of influence in the Oklahoma BMX scene neutral

I hope so too Wayne. And yea, I've been promised over and over and over that it was coming but for some reason they're not honoring their end of the deal. I love the parts I got from them and definitely recommend the parts but if they can't follow through with their word then I cannot recommend them to anyone. Imo, it doesn't matter how good the parts are if their customer service and their word aren't any good

Have you asked what their problem is? After so many attempts I would start to get a little more forceful. I would be demanding some answers.

Offline

 

#14 2018-12-19 9:41pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

blammo585 wrote:

notapadawan wrote:

lowrider wrote:

That sucks Tim, I know you were really excited to be getting a frame from Bombshell, heck you even planned to enter it in the Museum build off hmm

hope they somehow make things right... you have a lot of influence in the Oklahoma BMX scene neutral

I hope so too Wayne. And yea, I've been promised over and over and over that it was coming but for some reason they're not honoring their end of the deal. I love the parts I got from them and definitely recommend the parts but if they can't follow through with their word then I cannot recommend them to anyone. Imo, it doesn't matter how good the parts are if their customer service and their word aren't any good

Have you asked what their problem is? After so many attempts I would start to get a little more forceful. I would be demanding some answers.

Yea....been that route. Even told them "this is f-ing ridiculous" to their face at the Grands on thanksgiving.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#15 2019-01-05 5:58pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

New update....

Supposedly I'm getting my frame shipped to me next week. If not, they're getting blasted EVERYWHERE.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#16 2019-01-05 10:38pm

Deimos666
Pro Member
From: Columbus, Ohio
Registered: 2015-07-13
Posts: 590

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Seeing as you've been told this multiple times, it is anyone's guess if they will send it, but so many months later, why would they now?

I often take things like this a bit more personally. I would see this as them not wanting to do business or sponsor me, so I would sever ties after being blown off the first few times or so, and sell any products I bought and move on to a different brand. Perhaps I would be doing that in haste, but it would rub me the wrong way; especially if I had just ordered parts from them as required, and they sent everything but the sponsored frame, and somehow kept "forgetting" to send it even after inquiring politely a few times... yeah I believe that one.

If they can't man up and tell you what the deal is, it isn't worth the effort to be sponsored by them. It isn't that difficult to ship out a frame, especially from a company that sells said frames. And being told by the owner, who said he'd bring it in person and then didn't, I could not rep this company after all that.

I'm sure you can find a BMX brand that is more upfront / direct with you, so I say move on. They are likely now looking at you as a "pest" trying to get a free frame. I mean it is several months later? Yeah, they do not want to send you a frame, or you would have got it already.
Maybe they don't think you're offering much to the brand, and do not want to tell you that. Definitely seems like something other than them just forgetting to send it.

Offline

 

#17 2019-01-06 9:17am

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberX2000
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 2551
Bikes: 5

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Deimos666 wrote:

Seeing as you've been told this multiple times, it is anyone's guess if they will send it, but so many months later, why would they now?

I often take things like this a bit more personally. I would see this as them not wanting to do business or sponsor me, so I would sever ties after being blown off the first few times or so, and sell any products I bought and move on to a different brand. Perhaps I would be doing that in haste, but it would rub me the wrong way; especially if I had just ordered parts from them as required, and they sent everything but the sponsored frame, and somehow kept "forgetting" to send it even after inquiring politely a few times... yeah I believe that one.

If they can't man up and tell you what the deal is, it isn't worth the effort to be sponsored by them. It isn't that difficult to ship out a frame, especially from a company that sells said frames. And being told by the owner, who said he'd bring it in person and then didn't, I could not rep this company after all that.

I'm sure you can find a BMX brand that is more upfront / direct with you, so I say move on. They are likely now looking at you as a "pest" trying to get a free frame. I mean it is several months later? Yeah, they do not want to send you a frame, or you would have got it already.
Maybe they don't think you're offering much to the brand, and do not want to tell you that. Definitely seems like something other than them just forgetting to send it.

Exactly, Something is not right with them Not standing behind there promising you a frame .  You bought all the parts did what you was supposed to do like you told us, But hey, Where is your frame. Like 666 said . just move on.


Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

Offline

 

#18 2019-01-06 9:18am

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberX2000
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 2551
Bikes: 5

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Look Into Crupi Rider program.  Crupi is a great company to do business with!!
Go Team Green

Last edited by ChaseDyno-Bmx (2019-01-06 9:26am)


Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

Offline

 

#19 2019-01-07 6:36am

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

Deimos666 wrote:

Seeing as you've been told this multiple times, it is anyone's guess if they will send it, but so many months later, why would they now?

I often take things like this a bit more personally. I would see this as them not wanting to do business or sponsor me, so I would sever ties after being blown off the first few times or so, and sell any products I bought and move on to a different brand. Perhaps I would be doing that in haste, but it would rub me the wrong way; especially if I had just ordered parts from them as required, and they sent everything but the sponsored frame, and somehow kept "forgetting" to send it even after inquiring politely a few times... yeah I believe that one.

If they can't man up and tell you what the deal is, it isn't worth the effort to be sponsored by them. It isn't that difficult to ship out a frame, especially from a company that sells said frames. And being told by the owner, who said he'd bring it in person and then didn't, I could not rep this company after all that.

I'm sure you can find a BMX brand that is more upfront / direct with you, so I say move on. They are likely now looking at you as a "pest" trying to get a free frame. I mean it is several months later? Yeah, they do not want to send you a frame, or you would have got it already.
Maybe they don't think you're offering much to the brand, and do not want to tell you that. Definitely seems like something other than them just forgetting to send it.

Exactly, Something is not right with them Not standing behind there promising you a frame .  You bought all the parts did what you was supposed to do like you told us, But hey, Where is your frame. Like 666 said . just move on.

I would normally be ok with just selling off all these parts I bought from them and going a different route but the problem is that I can't afford to go out and buy new parts. I sold ALL the parts off my last bike just to fund these parts plus had to sell a few pieces of OS parts I really didn't want to sell. But I did it anyways to finally build my ultimate race rig. Supposedly they're sending it this week but I'm not holding my breath for it.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#20 2019-01-07 2:30pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberX2000
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 2551
Bikes: 5

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Just Hang In there and Keep Us Posted.


Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

Offline

 

#21 2019-01-13 1:13pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberX2000
Registered: 2018-12-25
Posts: 2551
Bikes: 5

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

So What’s the News Padawan


Different Strokes For Differences In Folks Makes Us Who We Are

Offline

 

#22 2019-01-13 2:18pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
From: Boise
Registered: 2008-07-16
Posts: 11281
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 61

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Hey Bombshell, ya might want to respond to this issue.
Your PR is going down the tubes fast       yikes


Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/
*Shipping available to your Confirmed Paypal Address only, will not ship to a different address*

Offline

 

#23 2019-01-14 6:16am

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3290
Bikes: 16

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

Well here's an interesting story on the issue....

My wonderful wife got pissed off about the whole issue and jumped on their FB page and left a scolding review talking about what had happened. A few minutes later the owner, Jiri, was PMing her through messenger and after an hour of back and forth he conceded, apologized, and promised to send the frame out ASAP. Friday we got a tracking number and the frame is due for delivery today. Once it shows I'm stripping my GHP down and building the Avent. I'll post pics onceit's done.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#24 2019-01-14 7:04am

Deimos666
Pro Member
From: Columbus, Ohio
Registered: 2015-07-13
Posts: 590

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

I'd build it with one of these...

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/23337e28-0d31-4639-a764-1b1d350ad470/svn/ludell-sledge-hammers-11310-64_1000.jpg

Offline

 

#25 2019-01-14 7:09am

Deimos666
Pro Member
From: Columbus, Ohio
Registered: 2015-07-13
Posts: 590

Re: Anyone had a problem with Bombshell/Avent Racing?

In all seriousness, I'm glad your happy to be getting the frame and building it up.

I could not after this! I couldn't afford to buy all the stuff new myself, but I would still go a different route with what I road even if it were cheaper items, simply because I do not like the way the company handled this.

But if you're happy in the end and don't mind riding it, that is all that matters.

I'd thoroughly inspect the frame for B-stock or used / damaged when it arrives. Wouldn't be surprised if it is not a perfect new one. lol

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →