Top 15 high end mid school race  RSS Feed

#51 2018-11-13 4:07pm

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY
Bikes: 23
For Sale: 25

Re: Top 15 high end mid school race

Shaker wrote:

If we open it up to more than aluminum and frames that were still used as a race frame/trail then you have to include the Blue Falcon.  In my opinion one of the best riding mid school frames ever made.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 63acec.jpg

Lovely

#52 2018-11-13 4:09pm

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY
Bikes: 23
For Sale: 25

#53 2018-11-13 4:09pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

Might as well throw the ENF in there, as well.  It's the one that started it all for Schwinn's aluminum race rigs.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#54 2018-11-13 4:18pm

Shaker
Pro Member
Bikes: 18

perront wrote:

Might as well throw the ENF in there, as well.  It's the one that started it all for Schwinn's aluminum race rigs.

I completely agree... it did start the lineage of the aluminum Schwinn race frames.  I would give the Pro Modified an extremely slight advantage in terms of design as the extruded seat stay bridge came from an advancement to stiffen the frame even further.  In terms of the significance to Schwinn the ENF has it for sure.

NOS Black decal ENF frame set:
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/240554/img_25525beb69aa35.jpg

#55 2018-11-13 4:25pm

capt.shred
Pro Member
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 3

Shaker wrote:

If we open it up to more than aluminum and frames that were still used as a race frame/trail then you have to include the Blue Falcon.  In my opinion one of the best riding mid school frames ever made.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 63acec.jpg

This bike is stunning!

#56 2018-11-13 4:26pm

Ruger101
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 33

wow Shaker those are some top notch  schwinns  you have there

#57 2018-11-13 4:27pm

perront

My first experience with the ENF came about in 1995, when I started putting together my original collection.  I walked into Calumet City Schwinn, which was probably one of the last Chicagoland shops to sponsor a BMX race team.  One of the bikes on the floor was an ENF custom powdered in yellow with a bee painted on the top tube.  It was a badass bike, and it belonged to a kid who was sponsored by the shop.  That bike made quite an impression on me, and was partly responsible for me shifting my focus from old school to mid school.

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#58 2018-11-13 4:29pm

perront

BTW, Shaker, if you live in Redlands, CA, you must at least know of the Redlands BMX teams of the 90s.  I believe Schwinn was one of their sponsors.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#59 2018-11-13 4:32pm

Shaker
Pro Member

Ruger101 wrote:

wow Shaker those are some top notch  schwinns  you have there

Thank you... its pretty obvious I am a Schwinn fan boy but that came from riding their mid school products in the mid 90s through the early 2000s.  They quality of their products at that time where top notch and the geometry of their frames worked really well for me.

#60 2018-11-13 4:37pm

No100Sy
Pro MemberTRAXXAS IS #1
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 8

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/No100Sy/Ultra%20Box%20_%20Hanebrink/2012-04-18_16-13-38_978-1.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/No100Sy/Alliant/IMG_20140611_075702483_zpsglxsblne.jpg

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/No100Sy/Alliant/IMG_20140611_080805786_HDR_zpshuzsel6a.jpg

When buying from me, I submit feedback once I receive feedback from you. That way, I know you are happy with your purchase.

No100Sy = Number ~100~ Sy (clone)

#61 2018-11-13 4:38pm

Shaker
Pro Member

perront wrote:

My first experience with the ENF came about in 1995, when I started putting together my original collection.  I walked into Calumet City Schwinn, which was probably one of the last Chicagoland shops to sponsor a BMX race team.  One of the bikes on the floor was an ENF custom powdered in yellow with a bee painted on the top tube.  It was a badass bike, and it belonged to a kid who was sponsored by the shop.  That bike made quite an impression on me, and was partly responsible for me shifting my focus from old school to mid school.

Yes.... Rich with some input from some of the top level riders at the time designed an amazing frame.  The frame was very function/design driven.  The extruded bottom bracket, extruded seat stay and of course the Epicenter seat stays were all a product of function but it created a visually stunning frame when you see them in person.

#62 2018-11-13 4:42pm

Shaker
Pro Member

perront wrote:

BTW, Shaker, if you live in Redlands, CA, you must at least know of the Redlands BMX teams of the 90s.  I believe Schwinn was one of their sponsors.

Yes the team was RRS (Riverside/Redlands Schwinn).  The stores have changed their name from Riverside Schwinn/Redlands Schwinn to Cyclery USA and Craig still owns the shop.

#63 2018-11-13 4:42pm

AJ Macaroo
Pro MemberDeadlights Kustoms

Shaker wrote:

perront wrote:

I completely agree... it did start the lineage of the aluminum Schwinn race frames.  I would give the Pro Modified an extremely slight advantage in terms of design as the extruded seat stay bridge came from an advancement to stiffen the frame even further.  In terms of the significance to Schwinn the ENF has it for sure.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 69aa35.jpg

Direction to land me a set of those decals by chance?

I choose to let my BMX hustle speak for itself after all said and done...and I'm not even close to being done.

#64 2018-11-13 4:49pm

Shaker
Pro Member

AJ Macaroo wrote:

Shaker wrote:

perront wrote:

Those decals are original to the frame and have never been applied.  I am going to keep this frame in its current NOS condition and create a display for it.  The black decals are extremely rare and hard to find only about 200 bikes came with the black set.  Most of ENFs came with the Red decal set.  Both are hard to find but I am working with someone on getting some and if I do I will let you know.

#65 2018-11-13 4:55pm

Ruger101
Pro Member

#66 2018-11-13 4:57pm

Ruger101
Pro Member

what fork is on that alliant

#67 2018-11-13 4:59pm

Shaker
Pro Member

Agreed... The GT Speed Series Ultra Box is awesome.

#68 2018-11-13 5:03pm

AJ Macaroo
Pro MemberDeadlights Kustoms

Shaker wrote:

AJ Macaroo wrote:

Shaker wrote:

Those decals are original to the frame and have never been applied.  I am going to keep this frame in its current NOS condition and create a display for it.  The black decals are extremely rare and hard to find only about 200 bikes came with the black set.  Most of ENFs came with the Red decal set.  Both are hard to find but I am working with someone on getting some and if I do I will let you know.

I have one of the few hundred in the production of '96 as mine came with the red decals and is the 300th one to be made. They didn't last very long and decided to paint it professionally by a dear and talented friend of mine. This was in '97 and the frame sat until just this past summer still prestine. It's almost finished but finding the correct decals has been a nightmare long story short. Thx and keep me posted.

Last edited by AJ Macaroo (2018-11-13 5:08pm)

I choose to let my BMX hustle speak for itself after all said and done...and I'm not even close to being done.

#69 2018-11-13 5:13pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77

Cheech wrote:

AJ Macaroo wrote:

Cheech wrote:

If you just want  rare a D wholf is extremely rare high end frame. I have never actually seen one in person. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/9148/post-1103-0-44049600-13912067765beb03cc9c.png

I remember this pic! Pro Forx too!!!big_smile

It has pmc cranks & hubs to! I could only imagine how much that bike would cost back then.

or to replicate / copy that build now yikes

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#70 2018-11-13 5:17pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77

perront wrote:

98brg2d wrote:

Hyper boxster
Clayborn Alx
Redline xlr8r
Specialized hemi
Huffy primus
Redman warrior
Trek team issue
Schwinn pro mod
Elf traction plate
Haro sr-71
Yess Silver bullet

Definitely these.

yikes no Santa Cruz  on that list? or Airborne

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#71 2018-11-13 5:22pm

stu
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

perront wrote:

I know this bike, I worked at Cal City schwinn at the time he built it, still has it and won’t sell it, couple guys that worked there at the time had enf frames, I will add a vote for the elf traction plate frame too

#72 2018-11-13 8:34pm

Cheech
Pro Member
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 9

If we are allowing frames that are not aluminum I would say the 1994 supercross with the carbon fiber top & downtube. It was very exotic at the time as far as I know it was the first use of carbon fiber in the bmx industry. They just had issues with them breaking & they were recalled. I have heard not all of them were turned in though.

#73 2018-11-13 9:03pm

perront

stu wrote:

perront wrote:

I know this bike, I worked at Cal City schwinn at the time he built it, still has it and won’t sell it, couple guys that worked there at the time had enf frames, I will add a vote for the elf traction plate frame too

Wow, small world.  I wonder how Colin is doing these days.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#74 2018-11-13 9:07pm

perront

Shaker wrote:

perront wrote:

Yes the team was RRS (Riverside/Redlands Schwinn).  The stores have changed their name from Riverside Schwinn/Redlands Schwinn to Cyclery USA and Craig still owns the shop.

cool

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#75 2018-11-13 9:08pm

perront

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

perront wrote:

98brg2d wrote:

Hyper boxster
Clayborn Alx
Redline xlr8r
Specialized hemi
Huffy primus
Redman warrior
Trek team issue
Schwinn pro mod
Elf traction plate
Haro sr-71
Yess Silver bullet

Definitely these.

yikes no Santa Cruz  on that list? or Airborne

Sorry, Freek, but the Airborne geometry made them ugly as hell!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

Board footer

View Cart →