Hawked
Intermediate

Re: Hottest F/F Brands

Early mid-skool is the only skool.

#27 2018-11-10 4:53am

WalkerInTN
Pro Member

Cook Bros & Nomura have always been expensive, but both have greatly risen in price over the last 10 years.  I'm talking over double the $$$ they were 10 years ago.

"That's no moon, it's a space station."

#28 2018-11-10 5:56am

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
For Sale: 1
Website

Early 90's S&M Holmes and Dirtbike 1"

And early 90's Hoffman Ramp Room

These are increasing and in 3 years will be big $

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

#29 2018-11-10 6:11am

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 2

The answer is whatever it is that your into and trying to buy has drascically shot up in price over whatever time period you have been on the museum and you cant franking believe it! lol

Wtb  Cyclecraft Cruiser 24 With Og Crazy Paint Job

#30 2018-11-10 6:27am

capt.shred
Pro Member
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 3

perront wrote:

capt.shred wrote:

90’s era 26” single speeds.  Not really bmx, the mtb kind.

My Boss Hogg 26 has some value to it, and it is considered BMX, but what are some brands/bikes you're thinking of?

Spot Brand, Bianchi, Voodoo, Kona...

#31 2018-11-10 8:10am

olskuldj
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 2

87 GT PFT's have been the hottest for the past 5 years imo. I remember buying a frame fork and bars combo from Caleb for $275 in 2012 and the next year a similar set sold for $700. OG dayglo will sell in minutes.
On the flip - Since the repop Haro era, 85-88 Haros dont hold their value anymore.  Paid $900 for a mint 85 Master frameset in 2014 that I I couldn't sell for months last year. Finally took $450 for it

Last edited by olskuldj (2018-11-10 8:11am)

It's your bike, build it how YOU want

#32 2018-11-10 8:26am

WalkerInTN
Pro Member

squirrelsmith wrote:

The answer is whatever it is that your into and trying to buy has drascically shot up in price over whatever time period you have been on the museum and you cant franking believe it! lol

That's pretty true.  What really amazes me is old beat & worn take off parts selling for more than the same part in NOS condition was selling for 10-15 years ago.yikes

"That's no moon, it's a space station."

#33 2018-11-10 9:08am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

squirrelsmith wrote:

True! lol

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#34 2018-11-10 10:22am

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

Anything low issue nunbers will increase and maintain value.

But the 30 year rule is a good measure to go by

#35 2018-11-10 4:13pm

Dart Swinger
Centurion Member
Bikes: 4

Anything with good geometry and roominess that can be built up with good parts and ridden. Also, I like bikes with great graphics and paint colors, which is why Cycle Craft and TNT have always appealed to me.

Revcore, Kastan, and Boss are great bikes I wouldn't mine having.

I also like bikes that are unique so something like a VDC would be hot.

#36 2018-11-10 7:34pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

This falls short of having great paint colors, but I hope you like it...
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/45011/5981d0fa-ef8a-4fb8-99fc-6d166129496e5be7a2c1ce.jpeg

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#37 2018-11-10 7:36pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Here’s one for you...
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/45011/e52f3eb5-1c2a-47c2-8d46-46241a28cf705be7a39b1f.jpeg

I hope to get at least one these done by spring, if not earlier.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#38 2018-11-11 3:39am

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

perront wrote:

Here’s one for you...
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 39b1f.jpeg

I hope to get at least one these done by spring, if not earlier.

Duuuude...... never seen one of these - cool

#39 2018-11-11 1:32pm

Dart Swinger
Centurion Member

I see you finally got your hands on a TNT Stovepipe 24". Very cool bikes.

Is that Boss a 26er? Love the yellow and that one will be awesome when done.

I have never seen a Boss in person before. Around here bike shops have always sold whatever Seattle Bike Supply carried, which meant Diamond Back, Redline, GT and Haros. Ok bikes, but they were everywhere. I always wanted something a little different than what everyone else was riding.

#40 2018-11-11 2:26pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Dart Swinger wrote:

I see you finally got your hands on a TNT Stovepipe 24". Very cool bikes.

Is that Boss a 26er? Love the yellow and that one will be awesome when done.

I have never seen a Boss in person before. Around here bike shops have always sold whatever Seattle Bike Supply carried, which meant Diamond Back, Redline, GT and Haros. Ok bikes, but they were everywhere. I always wanted something a little different than what everyone else was riding.

Thanks.  I landed the Stovepipe through a trade about a year ago.  The Boss is a Boss Hogg 26, which, according to my research, was made for about three years in small numbers.  I’m like you in that I’m into bikes that are on the less common side.  One of these days, I’ll stop procrastinating, and get these bikes done so I can ride them rather than just talk about building them!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#41 2018-11-11 2:37pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

By the way, that’s an awesome ‘Pipe you had!  Your mention of the DK parts kit makes me guess that you ordered it from Dan’s.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#42 2018-11-11 3:41pm

Dart Swinger
Centurion Member

On that one I ordered the FF set thru a local bike shop and they put a DK parts kit on it. I traded in a yellow SE Assassin on the TNT. At the time I was just bored with 20" bikes and wanted to try a cruiser for awhile. I had never even ridden a TNT before, but heard lots of good things about them so I just dove in head first.

I did buy another yellow 97 TNT frame set off here a awhile back and have built up another bike to replace the first one. I haven't uploaded it yet though.

#43 2018-11-11 4:05pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Dart Swinger wrote:

On that one I ordered the FF set thru a local bike shop and they put a DK parts kit on it. I traded in a yellow SE Assassin on the TNT. At the time I was just bored with 20" bikes and wanted to try a cruiser for awhile. I had never even ridden a TNT before, but heard lots of good things about them so I just dove in head first.

I did buy another yellow 97 TNT frame set off here a awhile back and have built up another bike to replace the first one. I haven't uploaded it yet though.

I look forward to seeing it. cool

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#44 2018-11-11 5:09pm

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 18
For Sale: 3

perront wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2c1ce.jpeg

Chrome is 2nd to none wink

#45 2018-11-11 5:17pm

Dart Swinger
Centurion Member

It looks like this except I have dropped some of the purple anno detail items and it has yellow Jive grips now.

I'm not crazy about the black rims. They are ok, but thinking about doing chrome instead.

I did use canti brakes on it. I figured the brake cable noodle on the frame is there so might as well use it.

Pic seems huge. My first time going from Photobucket to Tinypic so apologies if it's too big.

http://i63.tinypic.com/jiz8rb.jpg

#46 2018-11-11 6:00pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 65

X marked

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#47 2018-11-12 3:53am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Dart Swinger wrote:

It looks like this except I have dropped some of the purple anno detail items and it has yellow Jive grips now.

I'm not crazy about the black rims. They are ok, but thinking about doing chrome instead.

I did use canti brakes on it. I figured the brake cable noodle on the frame is there so might as well use it.

Pic seems huge. My first time going from Photobucket to Tinypic so apologies if it's too big.

http://i63.tinypic.com/jiz8rb.jpg

sadlol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#48 2018-11-12 3:53am

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop

Minx20 wrote:

perront wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2c1ce.jpeg

Chrome is 2nd to none wink

Ain't it somethin', E?  I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened the box!

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#49 2018-11-16 7:59am

LaughnJar
Pro MemberMuseum Lawyer
Bikes: 2

Anyone else notice more dc pivot bolt sets popping up, more numerous and more in asking price?

HUTCH please, neat or on the rocks...like a 20 year old single malt Scotch.  If I wanted a candy flavor, I'd have ordered glass of Haro.

"Stop the car, I'm gettin' out.  I can't take it.  Hey look out there's somebody coming
And there's nothin' you can do about it.  The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery, and he...He walked on down the hallway, baby"

#50 2018-11-16 8:38am

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

LaughnJar wrote:

Anyone else notice more dc pivot bolt sets popping up, more numerous and more in asking price?

Yup

Board footer

View Cart →