You are not logged in.

THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!  RSS Feed

#26 2018-11-02 10:47am

crj1968
Pro Member
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 1912
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 6

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

1979-4ever wrote:

crj1968, nice job on the Vector, love the black post, white seat, really works with the build.
Also, old school drive pic was brilliant.

Thanks man- yeah I found the picture taking to be pretty difficult...always a pad crooked or my "stand" showing, shadows etc...

Was hoping to find some standard Vector bars for it also...did finally find some but a little too late. They are probably showing up today. tongue


-Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less. -C. S. Lewis

Offline

 

#27 2018-11-02 10:49am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
From: NE Portland, OR 97212 USA
Registered: 2005-10-15
Posts: 12003
Bikes: 413
For Sale: 1
Website

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Rocking, guess I better get on making the calendars now eh?
Congrats to EVERYONE who participated...

GAry


[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

Offline

 

#28 2018-11-02 10:53am

1979-4ever
Pro Member
From: 1060 West Addison
Registered: 2011-08-02
Posts: 2003
Bikes: 5

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

GAry wrote:

Rocking, guess I better get on making the calendars now eh?
Congrats to EVERYONE who participated...

GAry

GAry,
First, thanks for keeping this annual event going! My desk at work, garage and laundry room all look better with a museum calendar hanging on the wall!

Would you please consider going back to the printer that did the calendars in the past?
The print quality was fantastic on the 2016 and 2017 calendars.


Needs: 79 or 80 nos/mint Chestnut brown SX-100 or SX-500 Scrambler frame - Single Gusset, smooth brazing, made in Chi-town not Taiwan.

Offline

 

#29 2018-11-02 11:10am

GTbikesIlikes
Pro MemberI dont always golf but when I do I like to sandbag
From: SE Michigan
Registered: 2009-02-14
Posts: 2189
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 3

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Congrats to all the winners and thanks again to all the guys who make these build offs happen.

And Timmylightz1.... thanks for the speech/support.  I have been doing these build offs for some years now and always look forward to them.  Every year i put all the thought possible into making a perfect build with all the correct parts for the bike in question, I have won a few but have lost more to some amazing bikes.  All the bikes listed in my bikes section were for this or the spring contest over the years.  I find the results always vary year to year by peoples tastes and opinions on what they like and that is just how most shows go when voting is involved.  Unfortunately you just have to roll with it and be proud of what you accomplished.  I did not win this year, but i have two fantastic trophies for a participation award.   Build on...

Last edited by GTbikesIlikes (2018-11-02 11:12am)


Need: PATTERSON/JMC/GT/Redline/Nomura/Hutch GOODS - Jerseys, pants, helmets, banners, signs, other swag.....

Offline

 

#30 2018-11-02 11:13am

FishGT
Pro Member
From: Colorado
Registered: 2017-04-01
Posts: 93
Bikes: 15
Website

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Really stoked the pit made it. Thanks a lot. 1st time Ive done the build and will be back.
Thx guys for the Votes!

Last edited by FishGT (2018-11-02 7:44pm)

Online

 

#31 2018-11-02 12:50pm

potmetal
Pro Member
From: So. Cal
Registered: 2012-06-13
Posts: 273
Bikes: 10

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Thanks and Congratulations to all the people who entered !! Im honered to have a modern day Race Bike for the Win. Some beautiful Bikes this year. Thanks to RobK for everything you do, I know your time is important. cool


Wanted.......Crupi USA made Cranks in 150mm and 155mm and a Crupi USA 41 Tooth Sprocket.

Offline

 

#32 2018-11-02 12:59pm

Forhisglory_1
Pro Member
From: Riverside, CA
Registered: 2017-01-12
Posts: 345
Website

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

timmylightz1 wrote:

So what I’m having a hard time understanding is that this site and the members who belong to it are these purists, who used to frown down at the sight of any repop parts that were used on bikes a few years ago. So Now as time goes on the site has a yearly calendar build off and I watch every person race to get there bikes built in a timely fashion and using only the highest quality nos parts or survivor parts just so they could be as cutting edge by doing something so creative that their build sets them apart from the rest.
This year I saw some of the most creative builds come to the table and they didn’t even make the top 5. Now I heard the voting process was a issue for some and the fact that total amount of people voted this year was so low and it should have been higher.
So I ask everyone..: is this the way future build offs are going to go down by just slapping things together with what ever we have laying around and using a who gives a f—k attitude on the details like color correct parts , parts that don’t even belong on a freestyle bike, or vice versa. Now correct me if I’m wrong but when sports illustrated used to do their calendar they used the hottest woman from around the globe , not the plus size models from the corner store or Taco Bell . So I just figured that the calendar we do should have 12 of the baddest bikes ever built in it.
But if it’s going to have jigsaw built bikes then maybe it should be called the bargain basement build off.  I know I speak for many people out ther who choose to plead the fifth, but I’m not afraid to voice my opinion and yea I’m aware opinions are like ass—-es, everyone got one.

I love bmx. I love every era of bmx. At 35 I still ride 2-3 days a week at the skatepark near my work on my lunch break. I have built bikes with NOS parts and I have built bikes with rusty grinded up parts. With that said I can care less about NOS, mint parks, or re-pop. I simply voted on what I thought I looked awesome and of course my vote was swayed by what bikes I have always liked. My vote is just legit and worth just as much as the next person.

Sure there are still grumpy purists around, but there are also lots of other who can care less.

Last edited by Forhisglory_1 (2018-11-02 1:01pm)


For the right price, everything is for sale...
awakenosleeper.com

Offline

 

#33 2018-11-02 1:04pm

mike68
Pro Member
From: RI
Registered: 2013-09-10
Posts: 714
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 11

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Thanks to Rob and Gary for putting this on, I'm sure it's a lot of work.  I had fun with my builds and now I get to enjoy them.  And looking forward to the calendar!


Looking for Pre-85 Torker stuff:
- Eddy King f/f
- MX "Big Bike" 
- Cruiser or pro bars
- Pads, stems, or anything else!

Offline

 

#34 2018-11-02 1:20pm

jriedmiller
Moderator
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2013-03-29
Posts: 3552
Bikes: 19

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

timmylightz1 wrote:

So what I’m having a hard time understanding is that this site and the members who belong to it are these purists, who used to frown down at the sight of any repop parts that were used on bikes a few years ago. So Now as time goes on the site has a yearly calendar build off and I watch every person race to get there bikes built in a timely fashion and using only the highest quality nos parts or survivor parts just so they could be as cutting edge by doing something so creative that their build sets them apart from the rest.
This year I saw some of the most creative builds come to the table and they didn’t even make the top 5. Now I heard the voting process was a issue for some and the fact that total amount of people voted this year was so low and it should have been higher.
So I ask everyone..: is this the way future build offs are going to go down by just slapping things together with what ever we have laying around and using a who gives a f—k attitude on the details like color correct parts , parts that don’t even belong on a freestyle bike, or vice versa. Now correct me if I’m wrong but when sports illustrated used to do their calendar they used the hottest woman from around the globe , not the plus size models from the corner store or Taco Bell . So I just figured that the calendar we do should have 12 of the baddest bikes ever built in it.
But if it’s going to have jigsaw built bikes then maybe it should be called the bargain basement build off.  I know I speak for many people out ther who choose to plead the fifth, but I’m not afraid to voice my opinion and yea I’m aware opinions are like ass—-es, everyone got one.

I love bmx. I love every era of bmx. At 35 I still ride 2-3 days a week at the skatepark near my work on my lunch break. I have built bikes with NOS parts and I have built bikes with rusty grinded up parts. With that said I can care less about NOS, mint parks, or re-pop. I simply voted on what I thought I looked awesome and of course my vote was swayed by what bikes I have always liked. My vote is just legit and worth just as much as the next person.

Sure there are still grumpy purists around, but there are also lots of other who can care less.

Well said and exactly why it should be put up to a vote as it has been.  The voting mechanism is problematic and that has been identified as such by both the members and staff alike.  I think with improved mobile support and other tweaks, a lot of the gripes should disappear or at least be invalidated entirely.  At the end of the day, people vote for what they like and that's exactly how it should be.


Buying high and selling low for decades!

Offline

 

#35 2018-11-02 1:50pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 2616
Bikes: 2

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Where did the Finished Build threads go?


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#36 2018-11-02 1:59pm

1979-4ever
Pro Member
From: 1060 West Addison
Registered: 2011-08-02
Posts: 2003
Bikes: 5

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

JHARJO wrote:

Where did the Finished Build threads go?

Build off area. under forums near bottom.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=104

Last edited by 1979-4ever (2018-11-02 1:59pm)


Needs: 79 or 80 nos/mint Chestnut brown SX-100 or SX-500 Scrambler frame - Single Gusset, smooth brazing, made in Chi-town not Taiwan.

Offline

 

#37 2018-11-02 2:09pm

71cutlasss
Pro MemberMags are the best ever!
Registered: 2011-02-28
Posts: 1707
Bikes: 8

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

timmylightz1 wrote:

So what I’m having a hard time understanding is that this site and the members who belong to it are these purists, who used to frown down at the sight of any repop parts that were used on bikes a few years ago. So Now as time goes on the site has a yearly calendar build off and I watch every person race to get there bikes built in a timely fashion and using only the highest quality nos parts or survivor parts just so they could be as cutting edge by doing something so creative that their build sets them apart from the rest.
This year I saw some of the most creative builds come to the table and they didn’t even make the top 5. Now I heard the voting process was a issue for some and the fact that total amount of people voted this year was so low and it should have been higher.
So I ask everyone..: is this the way future build offs are going to go down by just slapping things together with what ever we have laying around and using a who gives a f—k attitude on the details like color correct parts , parts that don’t even belong on a freestyle bike, or vice versa. Now correct me if I’m wrong but when sports illustrated used to do their calendar they used the hottest woman from around the globe , not the plus size models from the corner store or Taco Bell . So I just figured that the calendar we do should have 12 of the baddest bikes ever built in it.
But if it’s going to have jigsaw built bikes then maybe it should be called the bargain basement build off.  I know I speak for many people out ther who choose to plead the fifth, but I’m not afraid to voice my opinion and yea I’m aware opinions are like ass—-es, everyone got one.

You're way overthinking it. What someone thinks looks the nicest, and what you'd want to look at for a month is what it should come down to. The SI calendar doesn't say $8k boob job, $1k makeup, $5k face work etc, because they're all nice to look at!


I am a 16yr plumber and will trade my services for your bmx goods! (Colorado front range only)

“As a side note, if I had to read a thread where arata82 and freestyle freek were both posting, my head would explode”

Offline

 

#38 2018-11-02 2:40pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 2616
Bikes: 2

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

1979-4ever wrote:

JHARJO wrote:

Where did the Finished Build threads go?

Build off area. under forums near bottom.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=104

Those are all from previous years. I'm looking for this years Finished Threads.


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#39 2018-11-02 2:49pm

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
From: Southern Cal / Lake Havasu, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 29019
Bikes: 12

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

JHARJO wrote:

1979-4ever wrote:

JHARJO wrote:

Where did the Finished Build threads go?

Build off area. under forums near bottom.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=104

Those are all from previous years. I'm looking for this years Finished Threads.

I will stick them back at the top for a little while longer. Maybe for another week or so. smile


F/S section rules
Become a Pro Member
STUFF I NEED
LADIES 26" CRUISER FRAME SET. LAGUNA, S&S, ETC.

Offline

 

#40 2018-11-02 2:52pm

affordablepmc
Pro MemberThe Collector of Things
From: N.M.
Registered: 2014-09-02
Posts: 1112
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 11

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

JHARJO wrote:

1979-4ever wrote:

JHARJO wrote:

Where did the Finished Build threads go?

Build off area. under forums near bottom.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=104

Those are all from previous years. I'm looking for this years Finished Threads.

There are links in GAry's Time to vote thread as well.


R.I.P. :
            "Stash84" Stan Putnam   2-21-18
            "Treats"   Arturo Torres   5-05-18
            "Macha"   Leslie Vigil       8-24-18

Offline

 

#41 2018-11-02 5:04pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
From: Demotte, in
Registered: 2012-01-08
Posts: 2023
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 1

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

FishGT wrote:

Well... happy that I placed but apparently some members think the bikes are low quality and the votes were way off. Not sure what they are looking for? Maybe next time, they should enter their amazing bikes and show us how its done. 1st time I've done it, not the last.
Other than the whining it was fun.

I think your bike was nice. I don’t think there were low quality. I think those that complained about low quality or their bikes being better then others only think that because they put heart into theirs and consider theirs above all others. Most people will think that about their own builds. I was personally was hoping to place because of the uniqueness of mine not because it was the nicest. As far as quality
, mine was not as nice as yours or even some others by far. Especially when it came to my cable routing and my lack of valve stem covers. I am just happy I got this trike done. I have been talking about doing it for While.


Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f

Offline

 

#42 2018-11-02 7:02pm

Arclite74
Member
Registered: 2018-03-26
Posts: 42
Bikes: 3

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Wow!!! Thanks!!! I’m honored to be on the rostrum!  Thank you to those that voted for me! 

This is like winning BMX Mega Millions!

How do we get a hard copy of the calendar?

Semper Fidelis


Can’t have a strong mind in a weak body!

Offline

 

#43 2018-11-02 7:06pm

turdburd
Pro Member
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 1539
Bikes: 4

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Arclite74 wrote:

Wow!!! Thanks!!! I’m honored to be on the rostrum!  Thank you to those that voted for me! 

This is like winning BMX Mega Millions!

How do we get a hard copy of the calendar?

Semper Fidelis

They will pop up in for sale section in a little while. Bike owners who made the calendar get one also I think..


Aba Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

Offline

 

#44 2018-11-02 7:10pm

Arclite74
Member
Registered: 2018-03-26
Posts: 42
Bikes: 3

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

And thank you to GAry, Mr. Vacation, and other event organizers!!!


Can’t have a strong mind in a weak body!

Offline

 

#45 2018-11-02 7:39pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 2616
Bikes: 2

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

robk131313 wrote:

JHARJO wrote:

1979-4ever wrote:


Build off area. under forums near bottom.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=104

Those are all from previous years. I'm looking for this years Finished Threads.

I will stick them back at the top for a little while longer. Maybe for another week or so. smile

THANKS!!


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#46 2018-11-02 7:47pm

FishGT
Pro Member
From: Colorado
Registered: 2017-04-01
Posts: 93
Bikes: 15
Website

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

kalel92198 wrote:

FishGT wrote:

Well... happy that I placed but apparently some members think the bikes are low quality and the votes were way off. Not sure what they are looking for? Maybe next time, they should enter their amazing bikes and show us how its done. 1st time I've done it, not the last.
Other than the whining it was fun.

I think your bike was nice. I don’t think there were low quality. I think those that complained about low quality or their bikes being better then others only think that because they put heart into theirs and consider theirs above all others. Most people will think that about their own builds. I was personally was hoping to place because of the uniqueness of mine not because it was the nicest. As far as quality
, mine was not as nice as yours or even some others by far. Especially when it came to my cable routing and my lack of valve stem covers. I am just happy I got this trike done. I have been talking about doing it for While.

It’s all good. Every bike was sweet.

Online

 

#47 2018-11-02 8:38pm

Undercover Poe
Pro Member
From: Southern New England
Registered: 2015-05-03
Posts: 913
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 1

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Arclite74 wrote:

Wow!!! Thanks!!! I’m honored to be on the rostrum!  Thank you to those that voted for me! 

This is like winning BMX Mega Millions!

How do we get a hard copy of the calendar?

Semper Fidelis

Congratulations Arclite on you podium finish. The post, the stem and most of all those bars. Nice build. Also nice work everyone. I’m proud to have to finished top 10 in my class great stuff all around

Last edited by Undercover Poe (2018-11-02 8:40pm)

Offline

 

#48 2018-11-02 9:12pm

71cutlasss
Pro MemberMags are the best ever!
Registered: 2011-02-28
Posts: 1707
Bikes: 8

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

Not ripping, just saying.. it’s weird to see photoshopped pics of bikes perfectly straight with nothing even holding the pedal.

I brought my spuds mackenzie mug to hold  mine up (copyright 1987) but couldn’t get it to stay.


I am a 16yr plumber and will trade my services for your bmx goods! (Colorado front range only)

“As a side note, if I had to read a thread where arata82 and freestyle freek were both posting, my head would explode”

Offline

 

#49 2018-11-02 9:20pm

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
From: Southern Cal / Lake Havasu, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 29019
Bikes: 12

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

71cutlasss wrote:

Not ripping, just saying.. it’s weird to see photoshopped pics of bikes perfectly straight with nothing even holding the pedal.

I brought my spuds mackenzie mug to hold  mine up (copyright 1987) but couldn’t get it to stay.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/UncleDearest/Vintage_1980_s_Spuds_Mackenzie_Beer_Glass_Mug_Set.jpg


F/S section rules
Become a Pro Member
STUFF I NEED
LADIES 26" CRUISER FRAME SET. LAGUNA, S&S, ETC.

Offline

 

#50 2018-11-02 9:30pm

turdburd
Pro Member
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 1539
Bikes: 4

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2019 BMXMUSEUM CALENDAR WINNERS!

I used a glass milk jar that worked well until this picture. Bike and water fountain, think you know what came next. Only front wheel and steering tube went in. Disassembly and regreasing was ready to go. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/204179/20180930_0808545bb12ead90.jpg


Aba Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →