You are not logged in.

2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures  RSS Feed

#51 2018-11-03 9:36am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

oldnky wrote:

When you say supplier, are you referring to who you bought the bike from? The shop, dealer, etc? I feel the issue is with SE and their production line. I can’t believe with all the knowledge, expertise and connections members on here have this has not been resolved yet. hmm

I have not posted on Facebook yet, I actually don't even have FB. I will email Todd Lyons.

Yeah, the supplier of SE Bikes over here is actually a person who is the sole distributor for SE in the Netherlands + dealer + service in one shop/building.

My problem with him is he is very eager to sell but when it comes to service of issues he tries to find excuses all the time, it cost him money to send a bike back to Advanced Sports who is the Distributor for EU and sending a new one to me, so he tries to avoid that. It took like for ever with him to get my issues with my Mike Buff 2017 fixed, while it could have been done in matter of days. And with the issues on my recent STR-24 he only offered me a free SE t-shirt, which off-course was ridiculous. So then I demanded a replacement and luckily it came pretty fast because I put pressure on it by contacting Advanced Sports. I did it now also with the Perry Kramer but they now throw me back to the supplier and tell me to work it out with him because that is how it normally goes, so I think my only option left for now is sending him a demanding letter and take steps from there.

In the meantime my rearwheel has been replaced and I'm satisfied with how it runs true, but I cannot say that of the Skyway logo on the rim:

https://myalbum.com/photo/gutGwoEXtJTj/360.jpg

Common, seriously roll

Also the rearwheel replacement was a struggle at first, he suggested that I should put it in the fridge and then after a while it would true itself. I didn't want to do that, so I said send me a replacement wheel and you put the bad one in the fridge yourself.

I want healthy food!

#52 2018-11-03 9:42am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

The logo placement of the Tuff wheel is ridiculous! How can anyone mess that up.Well it seems the new Tuffs will be inferior to the original Redding California made Tuffs.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

#53 2018-11-03 9:46am

spyker

jpc wrote:

Spintech wrote:

Why does it seem like only retro products have poor QC? Crooked Kneesavers, damaged PK dropouts, scraped paint, dull chrome..  You never see this stuff on Fit, BSD, S&M, Subrosa, etc. The new school kids will chew them out non-stop on social media! Old farts need to halt the polishing, band together and demand quality.

Because the retro bikes are a money grab, and they don’t expect those bikes to do much more than sit in someone’s heated bike garage. Those garbage Haro kneesaver bars were twice the price of S&M, crooked, and probably made by a 10 year old in China.

I did not have a single issue when I recieved my retro 20" Skyway TA F&F.Everything was perfect on it.And I don't think anyone who purchased the retro TA in whatever size had a issue either.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

#54 2018-11-03 9:52am

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

Your supplier sounds like a turd who only wants your $. Anyone else having the same issues with him and service after the sale? I like your reply about him putting the wheel in the fridge, lol.
I bought a 2018 STR 26”. Only issue was the rear wheel was mounted crooked. Added some SE tensioners, done.

#55 2018-11-03 9:55am

spyker

oldnky wrote:

Your supplier sounds like a turd who only wants your $. Anyone else having the same issues with him and service after the sale? I like your reply about him putting the wheel in the fridge, lol.
I bought a 2018 STR 26”. Only issue was the rear wheel was mounted crooked. Added some SE tensioners, done.

If A supplier told me to put a wheel in the fridge as a way to solving a issue.I would just send the whole bike back and demand my money back.

$20 is $20!

#56 2018-11-03 10:57am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

spyker wrote:

The logo placement of the Tuff wheel is ridiculous! How can anyone mess that up.Well it seems the new Tuffs will be inferior to the original Redding California made Tuffs.

Actually ALL those Skyway logo's are off, some only a little bit, some way off.

On the bad rear wheel, one side had the logo placed on the edge:

https://myalbum.com/photo/jkJFqRETQZds/360.jpg

I have 2 sets of 50th Anniversary Tuff from the original Skyway Factory, those are all placed fine and run fine.

spyker wrote:

I did not have a single issue when I recieved my retro 20" Skyway TA F&F.Everything was perfect on it.And I don't think anyone who purchased the retro TA in whatever size had a issue either.

My Perry Kramer as F/F set would have been perfect or close to perfect too before they messed up the dropouts.

oldnky wrote:

Added some SE tensioners, done.

Oh I said fridge but I ment freezer.
Yeah def. a turd, he just hung up on my friday in the middle of the discussion about the dropouts...he doesn't see it as a problem, he says you don't see it when you put the big alu washers in place....so he ignores the simple fact that it is damage and unacceptable.

Yeahthe golden SE tensioners would be nice for this one too.

spyker wrote:

If A supplier told me to put a wheel in the fridge as a way to solving a issue.I would just send the whole bike back and demand my money back.

With another bike for sure yes, get my money back and done. But with the Perry Kramer I just want it solved.

https://myalbum.com/photo/mRFro6F00rrx/1k0.jpg

I want healthy food!

#57 2018-11-03 11:09am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

If you look on the picture above you don't see the skyway logo's on the wheels, and also not on the SE website:

https://www.cycleworldmiami.com/merchant/1532/images/zoom/edited_PERRY_KRAMER-PK-RIPPER.jpg

Maybe they are ment to be removed. tongue

I want healthy food!

#58 2018-11-03 11:24am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

I also shot this picture after unboxing, in the all pumped moment like crj1968 said cool :

https://myalbum.com/photo/bvst78jiegUK/1k0.jpg

I want healthy food!

#59 2018-11-03 11:44am

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Well it's true the supplier should take care of it.  It doesn't cost him a dime to send back a defective bike...that is on SE.  He is just being lazy.  I used to distribute car parts ( Weber carbs) they are good quality...but every once in a while there was an issue. I ship buyer replacement immediately...The buyer ships back defect to me on my dime...I ship back to Weber and they would reimburse the whole thing.

I think your supplier guy is lying to you   No way should it cost him to ship back anything defective.

That's a bummer about Skyway too. Wow.

#60 2018-11-03 12:35pm

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 1

Over here in the states, we commonly say '3 strikes, your out'....Im thinking your not going to be purchasing any more SE Bikes, being the MB, STR, now the PK...all had issues.

Last edited by Minx20 (2018-11-03 12:36pm)

#61 2018-11-03 1:06pm

spyker

Minx20 wrote:

Over here in the states, we commonly say '3 strikes, your out'....Im thinking your not going to be purchasing any more SE Bikes, being the MB, STR, now the PK...all had issues.

Sometimes it's two strikes or less.

$20 is $20!

#62 2018-11-03 4:38pm

Minx20
Pro Member

spyker wrote:

Minx20 wrote:

Lol, so by three there shouldn't be any doubt

#63 2018-11-03 4:41pm

spyker

Minx20 wrote:

spyker wrote:

Minx20 wrote:

There should not be any doubt by two.

$20 is $20!

#64 2018-11-03 4:44pm

Minx20
Pro Member

spyker wrote:

Minx20 wrote:

spyker wrote:

There should not be any doubt by two.

I'll give you that. 3 fit the story....

#65 2018-11-04 1:29am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Yeah, your absolutely right I'm thinking twice now. hmm And I am past 3 strikes already, even my - non Retro - 2016 P.K. Elite Pro came with crooked welded forks, look the direction the right fork-end:

https://myalbum.com/photo/NGBGuoiF5F5R/720.jpg

That bike I bought in Germany but it was properly and without discussion taken care off, that supplier is on a whole other level as the one I'm dealing with now.

I want healthy food!

#66 2018-11-04 8:53am

spyker

DutchRipper wrote:

Yeah, your absolutely right I'm thinking twice now. hmm And I am past 3 strikes already, even my - non Retro - 2016 P.K. Elite Pro came with crooked welded forks, look the direction the right fork-end:

https://myalbum.com/photo/NGBGuoiF5F5R/720.jpg

That bike I bought in Germany but it was properly and without discussion taken care off, that supplier is on a whole other level as the one I'm dealing with now.

I would just by from that German supplier from now on.Who cares if you have to pay extra for shipping,at least you know if there is a issue,it will get taken care of promptly.

$20 is $20!

#67 2018-11-04 9:30am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-09-22 2:05am)

I want healthy food!

#68 2018-11-04 9:34am

spyker

I just checked out your pics.That is nasty assembly work and quality control.I would be pissed if I paid that kind of money for graphites,only to find out they were put together like this.

$20 is $20!

#69 2018-11-04 9:42am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

I was already pissed yes, but after discovering this new problem on my Tuff's now I'm actually in disbelieve.....like I really can not believe I received such Junk and it has the Skyway name on it....it's obvious there was no quality control over the wheels whatsoever.

I want healthy food!

#70 2018-11-04 9:50am

spyker

Well at least I have a set of tuffs made by Skyway I purchased less than 10 years ago,will definately be holding onto them now.

$20 is $20!

#71 2018-11-04 10:08am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

Yeah better, and I have bought 2 sets of the 50th Anniversay Edition, a black and a white set, both show the quality you expect.

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-09-22 2:06am)

I want healthy food!

#72 2018-11-04 11:52am

Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

The best thing SE can do is put out a recall for the Perry Kramer PK's and fix the issues ......just like the Auto industry

#73 2018-11-04 12:24pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

SE retros still in the box that were being saved by buyers all over the world are being opened and inspected now lol 

OP, you have some of the worst luck I’ve ever seen. I truly hope it works out. If and when you finally get the attention of someone at SE who gives a damn and can correct this BS, be sure to show them the pictures of the 2015 PK 26” with the same issues. That needs to be compensated with a full refund!

#74 2018-11-04 3:29pm

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 10

Hate hearing that about the Skyways. If that's the quality of their high end sets, what to expect of the regular ones?

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#75 2018-11-07 3:49am

Undercover Poe
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

What the word from SE on this Dutch Ripper?  Or at least from the distributor?  The more I look at it, I freaking love that bike, but the more I read I’m getting pissed at this lack of quality control!  Btw, my retro loop tail floval that I bought assembled in Bronx NY was flawless to my eyes back in 2015 if that makes anyone feel any better....

Board footer

View Cart →