You are not logged in.

2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures  RSS Feed

#26 2018-10-31 7:07pm

getwheels
Pro Member44T Prince Regent
From: Chicago IL
Registered: 2008-06-10
Posts: 2087
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 60

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Send it back, or at least the frame and rear wheel. If it were me I would send entire bike back, seek a concession and  then request a replacement.

Understand majority of bikes are produced under contract to an overseas vendor manufacturer. They are shipped directly thru fulfillment centers and on to distributors. SE/parent company Fuji does not see product.

Last edited by getwheels (2018-11-04 1:01am)


Old-Mid-New School it's ALL COOL... Racing- 80's, idle-90's, now Cruzin' 24's & 20's & Yes I roll on Graphites. 
Your Tail Gate Keeper to Grillie G's BBQ    44T Chicago Factory Support Rider & fellow OGOAR-Swap Dweller

In search of JMC serial #'s DY8479 & 84C8855.....

Wanted: Better paying  job in order to further support BMX habit ....

Offline

 

#27 2018-10-31 7:15pm

capt.shred
Pro Member
From: Flagstaff, AZ
Registered: 2006-04-28
Posts: 1677
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 3

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Super rare, Chinese made retro reproduction defect.  might be worth more than a non defect?

Offline

 

#28 2018-10-31 8:42pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro MemberNOT Bubba Hayes
From: Mason City, IL
Registered: 2006-12-06
Posts: 9938
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 3

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

getwheels wrote:

Send it back, or at least the frame and rear wheel. If it were me I would send entire bike back, seek a concession and  then request a replacement.

Understand majority of bikes are produced under contract to an overseas vendor manufacturer. They are shipp ed directly thru fulfillment centers and to distributors. SE/parent company Fuji does not see product.

Actually Fuji and SE are both owned by the same parent company, ASI. Advanced Sports Inc. Fuji does not have any connection with SE otherwise.
SE is a Chinese owned company in China. 2003-2005 SE bikes were actually manufactured in Taiwan. 2006, SE started production in China when Todd Lyons went from SE sponsored rider (2003-2005) to the brand manager. As of a few months ago Perry Kramer had parted ways with Giant and SE hired him back. Unless something has changed again, these are made in China and not Taiwan.

I made the comment earlier about all the 2003 and newer SE stuff I've owned that disappointed me in one way or another. I failed to mention that my 2017 Mike Buff 20" complete was spotless and perfect, so it's all over the board. It did have a blown innertube right out of the box though.

Can I ask what you paid for this complete?

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2018-10-31 9:03pm)


I live for SE, Race Inc, Nomura, and Navajo!!

Hey guys, go ahead and keep selling everything SE, GJS, and Nomura to Thailand. Once it's gone it's NEVER coming back to the US. There really IS more to BMX collecting than money!!

If I hear the words "RARE", "GRAIL", or "SCORE" one more time, I'm gonna f'n puke. ALSO, NOS is NOT a condition description. Being NOS has NOTHING to do with the actual condition of the part.

BMX Museum, where every single "score" thread is followed by a FOR SALE thread 15 minutes later.

Offline

 

#29 2018-11-01 2:08am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

psychoduddycycles wrote:

Assuming they used pneumatic tools to assemble these, and nobody adjuster the regulator....still doesn't account for those nut marks on the outside. I'm guessing an alignment jig is the culprit there. I'd also like to see if someone else's are the same way. Those bars and pad are wack as well.

You know I found Tuff wheel locknut markings on the steel washer (!), so what that means is they have prior used the steel washer on the axle on inside of the dropout, which explains no washers under the gripnuts!. Then probably when the bike was being packed they discovered that it was all assembled wrong, added billet washers and put everything in the right order.

Well, you might be right about pneumatic tools as I was actually not kidding about having to use a breakerbar to loosen one side - the one with the deformed dropout -.

To give you an idea of how fest it was tightened down, the STEEL washer is now a copy of the gripnut surface:

https://myalbum.com/photo/8rVvcYr0cygC/360.jpg

And off-course with such force applied the billet washer wants to go through the dropout:

https://myalbum.com/photo/YdTXmHj33Dot/360.jpg

It's really such a FAIL.


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#30 2018-11-01 2:11am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Here you can clearly see Tuff wheel locknut markings on the washer, which only happens if you put the washer on the inside of the dropout:

https://myalbum.com/photo/5EEKkSPcm4g8/360.jpg


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#31 2018-11-01 2:29am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

getwheels wrote:

Send it back, or at least the frame and rear wheel. If it were me I would send entire bike back, seek a concession and  then request a replacement.

Understand majority of bikes are produced under contract to an overseas vendor manufacturer. They are shipp ed directly thru fulfillment centers and to distributors. SE/parent company Fuji does not see product.

Actually Fuji and SE are both owned by the same parent company, ASI. Advanced Sports Inc. Fuji does not have any connection with SE otherwise.
SE is a Chinese owned company in China. 2003-2005 SE bikes were actually manufactured in Taiwan. 2006, SE started production in China when Todd Lyons went from SE sponsored rider (2003-2005) to the brand manager. As of a few months ago Perry Kramer had parted ways with Giant and SE hired him back. Unless something has changed again, these are made in China and not Taiwan.

I made the comment earlier about all the 2003 and newer SE stuff I've owned that disappointed me in one way or another. I failed to mention that my 2017 Mike Buff 20" complete was spotless and perfect, so it's all over the board. It did have a blown innertube right out of the box though.

Can I ask what you paid for this complete?

Yes, because of your comments I'm now considering to have them swap the frame or whole bike.

I've contacted Todd Lyons through PM here on the Museum to inform him about this, hope he reads it, otherwise going to FB might be a good idea, he has a big say in how things are done over at Chine Factory.
Also I'm in direct contact with Advanced Sports Europa, but communication is slow.

In Holland the bike is sold for €899,-

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-09-22 1:56am)


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#32 2018-11-01 3:24am

Undercover Poe
Pro Member
From: Southern New England
Registered: 2015-05-03
Posts: 1952
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

This is a beautiful bike. The problems out of the box are unfortunate. It’s still a beautiful bike. I’m tuning in to see if they can get resolved. But just so I know are the rear axles washers intended to go on the inside of the drop outs or the outside next to the axle nuts?

Offline

 

#33 2018-11-01 3:56am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

ALWAYS on the outside.

As you can see from the SE site, the golden alloy washers comes as an accessorie. Not all retro's come with them.

Usually this means that they are packed in the partsbag (in the seperate box) along with the other things like the alloy valve caps, pads etc.

Then you can add them yourself later (if they were not yet on the bike).


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#34 2018-11-01 9:14am

Andy43
Centurion Member
Registered: 2013-11-03
Posts: 239

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

That frame is damaged.  Squashed dropouts - send it back.

Offline

 

#35 2018-11-01 9:21am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training
From: Havelock NC
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 25122

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

I guess the lesson when it comes to SE completes is,tear it down once you recieve it,inspect for damage and assemble it back up propely before riding.The price for these bikes is on the high side,why not just buy a complete NS bike for that price.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

Offline

 

#36 2018-11-01 9:46am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

spyker wrote:

I guess the lesson when it comes to SE completes is,tear it down once you recieve it,inspect for damage and assemble it back up propely before riding.

^This^


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#37 2018-11-01 9:51am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Andy43 wrote:

That frame is damaged. Squashed dropouts - send it back.

Yes, I've made that very clear yesterday to both my supplier and Advanced Sports. They have not responded yet, if there is an update on this I will post it.


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#38 2018-11-02 6:41am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

So because they were not responding to my email about the damaged dropouts, today I contact both my supplier and Advanced Sports EU by phone.

Advanced Sports says I have to address this problem with my supplier only. Ok.

My supplier thinks he has done already enough by changing the bad Tuff Wheel and giving me a free freewheel as compensation for the damaged handlebar and offset logo on the pad (he couldn't replace them because the Perry Kramer he had in the shop had the same problem) When I told him I won't accept the damaged dropouts, a discussion followed and he just hung up the phone on me saying he was finished with it. Wow.

So now I have to consider sending him a demanding letter.

Btw. he also told me the Tuff Wheel I will receive back is also not running true.

roll


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#39 2018-11-02 6:44am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Oh and I asked him about the dropouts on that other Perry Kramer in his shop, he said they were the same.....but it sounded not convincing.


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#40 2018-11-02 6:47am

capt.shred
Pro Member
From: Flagstaff, AZ
Registered: 2006-04-28
Posts: 1677
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 3

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

I never had this problem with S&M

Offline

 

#41 2018-11-02 8:54am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training
From: Havelock NC
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 25122

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

capt.shred wrote:

I never had this problem with S&M

You can't compare S&M to SE.The Fit bikes line of completes are well made.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

Offline

 

#42 2018-11-02 10:02am

DutchRipper
Pro Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 820
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Rumor has it that because of all the issues described here all Perry Kramer P.K.'s boxes will now be opened again and checked, therefore delivery is postponed till December....sorry guys if I made you wait longer for you Perry Kramer Edition. tongue


I want healthy food!

Offline

 

#43 2018-11-02 10:07am

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman
From: Western Kentucky
Registered: 2013-06-30
Posts: 3045

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

DutchRipper wrote:

Rumor has it that because of all the issues described here all Perry Kramer P.K.'s boxes will now be opened again and checked, therefore delivery is postponed till December....sorry guys if I made you wait longer for you Perry Kramer Edition. tongue

Good, seems you’ve gotten someone’s attention if that rumor is true.

Offline

 

#44 2018-11-02 10:11am

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY
From: SoCAL
Registered: 2013-07-14
Posts: 11669
Bikes: 23
For Sale: 19

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

DutchRipper wrote:

So because they were not responding to my email about the damaged dropouts, today I contact both my supplier and Advanced Sports EU by phone.

Advanced Sports says I have to address this problem with my supplier only. Ok.

My supplier thinks he has done already enough by changing the bad Tuff Wheel and giving me a free freewheel as compensation for the damaged handlebar and offset logo on the pad (he couldn't replace them because the Perry Kramer he had in the shop had the same problem) When I told him I won't accept the damaged dropouts, a discussion followed and he just hung up the phone on me saying he was finished with it. Wow.

So now I have to consider sending him a demanding letter.

Btw. he also told me the Tuff Wheel I will receive back is also not running true.

roll

Facebook

Offline

 

#45 2018-11-02 10:39am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training
From: Havelock NC
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 25122

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

DutchRipper wrote:

Rumor has it that because of all the issues described here all Perry Kramer P.K.'s boxes will now be opened again and checked, therefore delivery is postponed till December....sorry guys if I made you wait longer for you Perry Kramer Edition. tongue

I'm sure everyone appreciates what is happening.They rather wait a bit longer for their bikes arriving in perfect condition vs getting a messed up bike early.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

Offline

 

#46 2018-11-02 12:10pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
From: SFV, CA
Registered: 2011-07-26
Posts: 3441
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 3

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Why does it seem like only retro products have poor QC? Crooked Kneesavers, damaged PK dropouts, scraped paint, dull chrome..  You never see this stuff on Fit, BSD, S&M, Subrosa, etc. The new school kids will chew them out non-stop on social media! Old farts need to halt the polishing, band together and demand quality.


-Joe

Offline

 

#47 2018-11-02 6:40pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman
From: Western Kentucky
Registered: 2013-06-30
Posts: 3045

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

When you say supplier, are you referring to who you bought the bike from? The shop, dealer, etc? I feel the issue is with SE and their production line. I can’t believe with all the knowledge, expertise and connections members on here have this has not been resolved yet. hmm

Offline

 

#48 2018-11-02 6:53pm

Minx20
Pro Member
From: Delray Beach, FL
Registered: 2009-04-23
Posts: 5891
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 1

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Spintech wrote:

Why does it seem like only retro products have poor QC? Crooked Kneesavers, damaged PK dropouts, scraped paint, dull chrome..  You never see this stuff on Fit, BSD, S&M, Subrosa, etc. The new school kids will chew them out non-stop on social media! Old farts need to halt the polishing, band together and demand quality.

....and beyond that, seems like the limited edition retro stuff is where most of the quality issues lie. I got a Crooks OM back when they came out, mine had all sorts of odd issues with the frame alignment, chrome issues, etc. Planetbmx promptly took care of it though.

Offline

 

#49 2018-11-02 8:33pm

jpc
Member
From: Ithaca NY
Registered: 2018-07-15
Posts: 76

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Spintech wrote:

Why does it seem like only retro products have poor QC? Crooked Kneesavers, damaged PK dropouts, scraped paint, dull chrome..  You never see this stuff on Fit, BSD, S&M, Subrosa, etc. The new school kids will chew them out non-stop on social media! Old farts need to halt the polishing, band together and demand quality.

Because the retro bikes are a money grab, and they don’t expect those bikes to do much more than sit in someone’s heated bike garage. Those garbage Haro kneesaver bars were twice the price of S&M, crooked, and probably made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline

 

#50 2018-11-02 8:40pm

1979
Pro Member
From: Downingtown, PA
Registered: 2008-03-20
Posts: 1441
Bikes: 2

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

jpc wrote:

Spintech wrote:

Why does it seem like only retro products have poor QC? Crooked Kneesavers, damaged PK dropouts, scraped paint, dull chrome..  You never see this stuff on Fit, BSD, S&M, Subrosa, etc. The new school kids will chew them out non-stop on social media! Old farts need to halt the polishing, band together and demand quality.

Because the retro bikes are a money grab, and they don’t expect those bikes to do much more than sit in someone’s heated bike garage. Those garbage Haro kneesaver bars were twice the price of S&M, crooked, and probably made by a 10 year old in China.

Bingo!  Better off grabbing a F/F and building your own retro. Atleast you can return the shit parts as they come in neutral


It's yours. Do what you want with it smile

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →