Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Perry Kramer P.K. Ripper Looptail Frame Pictures

Minx20 wrote:

Yep, worth the wait and hassle

cool

Lewis wrote:

Nice I wanted one too.

And now you got one....when, were and how? big_smile

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-06-27 8:57am)

DANgeRoUS

If it says I'm Online, it doesn't mean I am...I'm just too lazy to Log Out.

Covid is not the threat, it's only lethal for a tiny portion of a percentage of the population.
The vaccine is the threat and will be a slow killer for a larger percentage of the population.

#277 2019-06-27 8:40pm

Pro Member
Bikes: 2

So are they doing this for everyone that got the first crap that rolled of the line??

It's yours. Do what you want with it smile Planting seeds is better then tearing up trees.

#278 2019-06-28 12:28am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

1979 wrote:

So are they doing this for everyone that got the first crap that rolled of the line??

Short answer: I don't know and I don't care, I did my best to get my service. smile 

Long answer: Normally one could have just send or bring their defective wheels in under SE Warranty and a solution (whether it be fixing/replacing/changing/compensating) will follow. Like I described earlier, not here.

C.E.W. even though they were my last resort to get service, stated very clear to me that they actually have no obligation whatsoever. That should answer your question.

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-06-28 1:29am)

DANgeRoUS

Covid is not the threat, it's only lethal for a tiny portion of a percentage of the population.
The vaccine is the threat and will be a slow killer for a larger percentage of the population.

#279 2019-06-28 4:33am

Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

DutchRipper wrote:

Minx20 wrote:

Yep, worth the wait and hassle

cool

Lewis wrote:

Nice I wanted one too.

And now you got one....when, were and how? big_smile

I asked my LBS 12 months ago if I could get one, the owner who deals in SE said he was getting two and they were both already sold. About 6 weeks ago he messaged me that one guy never paid up and that I could purchase it. Yes please.

#280 2019-06-28 4:49am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Nice! How great that he thought of you. big_smile

So you now understand why you want to keep this bike once you have your hands on one, right Lewis. cool

DANgeRoUS

#281 2019-06-28 2:02pm

Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Absolutely a keeper, very nice to ride.

My front Tuff was terrible I think waza007 posted the pics up a few pages back the rivet machine completely missed the rivet head a mashed into the tuff itself.

#282 2019-06-29 7:56am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Lewis wrote:

Absolutely a keeper, very nice to ride.

My front Tuff was terrible I think waza007 posted the pics up a few pages back the rivet machine completely missed the rivet head a mashed into the tuff itself.

Yeah I saw it, feel free to share an update if you get it solved.

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-06-30 4:58am)

DANgeRoUS

#283 2019-08-09 6:21am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Previous posted frame pictures - the nice ones - in the opening post restored!

Props to SE for sending me some stuff out of their Headquarters in Philly. smile

DANgeRoUS

#284 2019-08-09 9:37am

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation

That really is a sweet machine. cool

#285 2019-08-09 8:27pm

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 1

DutchRipper wrote:

Props to SE for sending me some stuff out of their Headquarters in Philly. smile

Pics of the merch cool

#286 2019-10-31 5:19pm

jac
Intermediate

DutchRipper wrote:

So you got the wheels replaced. What about the drop outs - did they replace the frame?

#287 2019-10-31 5:24pm

Undercover Poe
Pro MemberIt’s Hot!
Bikes: 7

DutchRipper wrote:

What did you get?

#288 2019-11-02 12:27am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

You: what did you get?

Me: yes

lol

DANgeRoUS

#289 2019-11-02 12:34am

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 10

You make it sound like you got some swag and a non-disclosure agreement. lol

Be cryptic if you must, but the bottom line is, it's in everyone's concern as to how SE handles their issues. SE included.

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#290 2019-11-02 5:31am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

psychoduddycycles wrote:

You make it sound like you got some swag and a non-disclosure agreement. lol

Be cryptic if you must, but the bottom line is, it's in everyone's concern as to how SE handles their issues. SE included.

And in the agreement it stated that I promote their products, which is why I have that avatar. tongue

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-11-02 8:02am)

DANgeRoUS

#291 2019-11-02 1:31pm

Minx20
Pro Member

LBS sold the 1 they had, they have another one sourced inbound to their shop that will be up for sale.

#292 2019-11-02 2:31pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Minx20 wrote:

LBS sold the 1 they had, they have another one sourced inbound to their shop that will be up for sale.

Haha really, that $1500 one you showed?

I could probably undercut that price with 400-500 ish (BNIB inclusive shipping to U.S. , not my bike.)

DANgeRoUS

#293 2019-11-02 3:12pm

Minx20
Pro Member

He ended up getting 2k USD, thus him sourcing another. Like I had mentioned in a PM before, this area has a ridiculously high cost of living, and as a result a bunch of people with deep pockets buying cause they can and want it, vs someone like me on a budget that wouldn't touch it for even a 3rd...except to do a quick flip lol

#294 2019-11-02 3:47pm

71cutlasss
Pro MemberAm I evil? Yes I am...
Bikes: 9

DutchRipper wrote:

You: what did you get?

Me: yes

lol

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/59639/9e78bea5-22aa-479e-80b7-383f39e54a755dbe074f8b.png

lol JK, I don’t really care!

I honestly don’t know why I come here anymore because I hate you. My “personality” sucks.

#295 2019-11-03 12:02am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Haha thats a good one. cool

Minx20 wrote:

He ended up getting 2k USD, thus him sourcing another. Like I had mentioned in a PM before, this area has a ridiculously high cost of living, and as a result a bunch of people with deep pockets buying cause they can and want it, vs someone like me on a budget that wouldn't touch it for even a 3rd...except to do a quick flip lol

Yeah I remember you saying that, so he even upped the price further, he didn't get rid of it at 1.5K but he did so at 2K wow, good for him.

This is what SE Headquarters has sent me (Minx already got that pic from me as he seemed to be the only one who cared at that time I posted about it 3 months ago! tongue ):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/236417/img_20190809_110328b5d60d6a247.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/236417/img_20190809_111525b5d60d6a653.jpg

And ALL issues are solved, so yes I also have a new frame (and fork) with DECENT dropouts. SE didn't send it to me. I think I stated before they only produced as much F & F sets + wheels as they intended to produce/sell bikes, so it had to come from a complete. Credits for that go to my legal assistance coverage which I also mentioned somewhere along the way.
Everything worked out. smile

Ps. I was going to mention this when I would upload my Perry Kramer to the Museum but it hasn't come to that yet.

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-11-03 3:52am)

DANgeRoUS

#296 2019-11-03 5:05am

Minx20
Pro Member

DutchRipper wrote:

Haha thats a good one. cool

Minx20 wrote:

Yeah I remember you saying that, so he even upped the price further, he didn't get rid of it at 1.5K but he did so at 2K wow, good for him.

This is what SE Headquarters has sent me (Minx already got that pic from me as he seemed to be the only one who cared at that time I posted about it 3 months ago! tongue ):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d6a247.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d6a653.jpg

And ALL issues are solved, so yes I also have a new frame (and fork) with DECENT dropouts. SE didn't send it to me. I think I stated before they only produced as much F & F sets + wheels as they intended to produce/sell bikes, so it had to come from a complete. Credits for that go to my legal assistance coverage which I also mentioned somewhere along the way.
Everything worked out. smile

Ps. I was going to mention this when I would upload my Perry Kramer to the Museum but it hasn't come to that yet.

Yeah, believe he told he would take $1500 in the least but must have had it priced on the tag at 2k

#297 2019-11-03 5:33am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Glad it worked out, but what all did it cost you for this bike? Legal fees, time, headaches and aggravation should be figured in. I would have thrown in the towel at the start and just got my money back.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

I've been married so long. I don't even look both ways anymore when crossing the road.

This too shall pass.

#298 2019-11-03 6:48am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

eric12 wrote:

Glad it worked out, but what all did it cost you for this bike? Legal fees, time, headaches and aggravation should be figured in. I would have thrown in the towel at the start and just got my money back.

It was not as bad as you think, I lost zero money or sleep over it, no headaches either, overall more fun than aggravation. It only costed me some time which I could afford, if not I wouldn't have done it. Also I got to keep the original wheels/F & F/handlebar which is not bad either. I think I lost more time keeping you guys updated through this thread! tongue (but it brought fun too).

DANgeRoUS

#299 2019-11-03 7:12am

Agentxxiii
Pro MemberRichy Rich Dude
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 2

Coulda saved a year of whining by just taking the refund that was offered.

You bought something and wasn't happy with it, they offered a refund. Shoulda been case closed on page one.

But no, you want the company to replace part a through f...then nag suppliers, company headquarters, get lawyers involved.
Hope all the grief was worth the flawed overpriced bike you now have.

Time machine wanted!

#300 2019-11-03 7:18am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Agentxxiii wrote:

Coulda saved a year of whining by just taking the refund that was offered.

You bought something and wasn't happy with it, they offered a refund. Shoulda been case closed on page one.

But no, you want the company to replace part a through f...then nag suppliers, company headquarters, get lawyers involved.
Hope all the grief was worth the flawed overpriced bike you now have.

Why are you hating/trollin? lol Why is a positive outcome triggering you? Are you suffering from something? roll

If you want to hate, hate on this jac guy, he survived this thread! lollollol

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-11-03 7:43am)

DANgeRoUS

Board footer

View Cart →