You are not logged in.

Beware of PMC crank rip off's like TheHawkf20  RSS Feed

#126 2018-10-20 8:44am

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

Re: Beware of PMC crank rip off's like TheHawkf20

As I have stated plenty of times in the past.There should be a sticky on members that others should not be dealing with,if they do,they will be on their own.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#127 2018-10-20 8:56am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO
Bikes: 8

I find it in particular hilarious, when he makes it all drama like the parts he received are wrong/defect/unusable while at the same time he is already using the same cranks with an extra spacer on one of his other bikes like I showed above...so he could've been just quiet about it and just space it again, but no he clearly wanted to intentionally put pressure on the seller in order to scam the price way down after the sale.

DANgeRoUS

If it says I'm Online, it doesn't mean I am...I'm just too lazy to Log Out.

Covid is not the threat, it's only lethal for a tiny portion of a percentage of the population.
The vaccine is the threat and will be a slow killer for a larger percentage of the population.

#128 2018-10-20 9:01am

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

DutchRipper wrote:

I find it in particular hilarious, when he makes it all drama like the parts he received are wrong/defect/unusable while at the same time he is already using the same cranks with an extra spacer on one of his other bikes like I showed above...so he could've been just quiet about it and just space it again, but no he clearly wanted to intentionally put pressure on the seller in order to scam the price way down after the sale.

This is the best thing about this community,alot of folks are looking out for each other so others would not get scammed by people like the OP.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#129 2018-10-20 9:20am

ultrahots
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

I see now by the instructions I have a set of 191 mm to sell as I am too fat to ride them !

#130 2018-10-20 9:22am

spyker
Pro MemberpiMp sLaPpA'

ultrahots wrote:

I see now by the instructions I have a set of 191 mm to sell as I am too fat to ride them !

The cranks are a good incentive to lose wight and get back into shape.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#131 2018-10-20 2:40pm

dannybhqbmx
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
Website

brackett wrote:

How did this turn out:  https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 67&p=1

This turned out with no response, Cadillaccowboy is just a thief and liar, it’s funny how the tables are turned and it’s all go go go, pay me what you owe me you theif

#132 2018-10-21 11:21pm

Kastanbmx01
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 10
Website

I haven't been collecting in quite a few years. The only reason I found out about this thread was from a good friend of mine who's still collecting. He sent me a text with a link. I would have never known about it if it wasn't for him. Good job to those of you who are keeping it going and legit!! Keep you eyes out on the threads and pass on shittalkers to those that aren't as frequent in the threado. I have several friends still collecting the look out for me.. Thank you to them. It's assholes like this who feel they shouldn't have to pay what something is worth. I've run into others like this guy and if I could remember his name I would post it here too. I gave him a screaming deal on a set of Kastan cranks, and he turned around and sold them for more the next week. I text him and told him never to ask me for any parts or anything again.

Here's my Kastan Squareback with PMC cranks, high flange hubs, and seat post clamp. These pieces were out of that same stock purchase. I used them on my bikes and saw that my feedback has 2 positives about PMC purchases. I really hope this doesn't effect the prices on PMC. This is some great out of the ordinary stuff and should be priced as such.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00412_blowup.jpg[img][/img]

#133 2018-10-22 9:08am

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
Bikes: 29

PMC.......midschool..... Never heard of them. big_smile

Looking for a black set of GENUINE 80's JMC pads. Either style.

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne!!!

NOS is NOT a condition description. Something being NOS has NOTHING to do with the condition of the bike/part.

#134 2018-10-22 9:32am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 3

Kastanbmx01 wrote:

I haven't been collecting in quite a few years. The only reason I found out about this thread was from a good friend of mine who's still collecting. He sent me a text with a link. I would have never known about it if it wasn't for him. Good job to those of you who are keeping it going and legit!! Keep you eyes out on the threads and pass on shittalkers to those that aren't as frequent in the threado. I have several friends still collecting the look out for me.. Thank you to them. It's assholes like this who feel they shouldn't have to pay what something is worth. I've run into others like this guy and if I could remember his name I would post it here too. I gave him a screaming deal on a set of Kastan cranks, and he turned around and sold them for more the next week. I text him and told him never to ask me for any parts or anything again.

Here's my Kastan Squareback with PMC cranks, high flange hubs, and seat post clamp. These pieces were out of that same stock purchase. I used them on my bikes and saw that my feedback has 2 positives about PMC purchases. I really hope this doesn't effect the prices on PMC. This is some great out of the ordinary stuff and should be priced as such.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00412_blowup.jpg

WOW!!! cool

FOUND : 6 Flybikes Guiri brake tabs for 2 Tierra frames. ***

#135 2018-10-22 3:02pm

stin1
Pro Member

Kastanbmx01 wrote:

I am also in Arizona and have a thing for Kastans . I actually have seen your license plate probably 8-10 years ago. cool

#136 2018-10-22 3:29pm

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 15

spyker wrote:

ultrahots wrote:

^ This. Just a year ago I was too heavy to ride my PK. Not any more big_smile

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#137 2018-10-22 3:30pm

moshnmore
Pro Memberspent all my $$$
Bikes: 4

AlurencatBMX wrote:

spyker wrote:

ultrahots wrote:

In Wisconsin, we just buy bigger clothes.as long as you can work, weight isn't a factor

#138 2018-10-22 7:34pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

moshnmore wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

spyker wrote:

In Wisconsin, we just buy bigger clothes.as long as you can work, weight isn't a factor

lol

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#139 2018-10-22 8:41pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Kastanbmx01 wrote:

Beautiful bike, cheap pedals. If the stem and seat rails were purple to match..... hmm big_smile

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

I've been married so long. I don't even look both ways anymore when crossing the road.

This too shall pass.

#140 2018-10-22 9:16pm

bullseyejunkie
Pro Member
Bikes: 24

Iceman wrote:

moshnmore wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

lol

I still need to ride most days, when I’m ridin I ain’t thinking, just rollin.   
Just the way I like it.  That little escape from stressful thing that go along with just being a human helping me reset.
That’s probably why I have a set.  Hahaha
To be honest I was thinking of picking them up myself, if only the anno was a bit better I probably would of grabbed them as I already have a nice purple pmc spider.

I don’t believe in god, I’m not that gullible.
Still livin the dream.

#141 2018-10-23 6:48am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
Bikes: 2

Permanent for sale restricted  is what needs to happen

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#142 2018-11-15 3:44am

Sebastian
Pro Member
Bikes: 47

Can anyone post a pic of part# 2, the spacer for the spider?
I think this part is needed for PMC sprockets as well.

Can you also measure how thick it is?
I need to make/get something for my PMC crank and sprocket setup.

Thanks!

#143 2018-11-15 3:55am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 3

efi4eye wrote:

So, wait ...  Isn't it just that the spindle is longer than the BMX bottom bracket is wide?  So they need spacers to make up for the extra long spindle?  I don't think that's what defective means.  Seems like a bit of overreaction to blast someone like this.  As long as he sends you the spacers now how is there still an issue?

+1

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#144 2018-11-15 11:28am

hoplias
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

175 mm = 160lb weight limit .Weird no wonder they stopped making these cranks .Most people weigh that in 8th or 9th grade .

I like studs ,brake studs that is .

#145 2018-11-15 11:43am

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

hoplias wrote:

175 mm = 160lb weight limit .Weird no wonder they stopped making these cranks .Most people weigh that in 8th or 9th grade .

i don't believe this. unless the bottom brackets are different. shorter arm would be stronger

Last edited by squirrelsmith (2018-11-15 11:45am)

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#146 2018-11-15 12:41pm

bullseyejunkie
Pro Member

squirrelsmith wrote:

hoplias wrote:

i don't believe this. unless the bottom brackets are different. shorter arm would be stronger

A good healthy weight for a 6 foot male is 140 to 180lb.
Don’t think they were designed for heavy riders. If your racing you should have a healthy lifestyle if you want to be competitive anyways.

Still livin the dream.

#147 2018-11-15 1:22pm

S'mores
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 1

bullseyejunkie wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

hoplias wrote:

Don’t think they were designed for heavy riders. If your racing you should have a healthy lifestyle if you want to be competitive anyways.

For a 6 foot male I'd figure that number would probably be bumped up 15-20 on each side of the range. I couldn't even imagine 140 lbs at 6 ft. I felt like a walking skeleton almost at 6ft and 160. I have now surpassed that by a bit more than I'd like to admit. haha.

Want To Buy: *SUPERCROSS STRONGARM CRANKS! * 1990 Zolatone Haro Master/ Team Master * Mint 1990 Haro Sport bashguard plate * Auburn CR Bars * JP Pro Pedals * Mint Peregrine Super Pros * Mint chrome Peregrine Madd Max 16 spoke set *

#148 2018-11-15 1:25pm

bullseyejunkie
Pro Member

S'mores wrote:

bullseyejunkie wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

For a 6 foot male I'd figure that number would probably be bumped up 15-20 on each side of the range. I couldn't even imagine 140 lbs at 6 ft. I felt like a walking skeleton almost at 6ft and 160. I have now surpassed that by a bit more than I'd like to admit. haha.

I just got the numbers of a health site.

Still livin the dream.

#149 2018-11-15 1:33pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

bullseyejunkie wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

hoplias wrote:

but how is a shorter crank not as strong? there is more to it than simply the length of the arm because that just isn't possible

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#150 2018-11-15 2:01pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 86
For Sale: 5
Website

S'mores wrote:

bullseyejunkie wrote:

squirrelsmith wrote:

Those are weights for adult males with full blown advanced stage AIDS

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2018-11-15 2:07pm)

Bold

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b65e1d4b4d05.jpg[/img]

Board footer

View Cart →