You are not logged in.

OZBMX............Closing Down  RSS Feed

#226 2018-10-31 1:53am

Stealth24
Museum Newbie

Re: OZBMX............Closing Down

If it helps. I have archived the whole forum up until I got banned about 2 years ago.  (yeah i got rad I.T skills) Im willing to sell it for half of Micks ransom ($4.65) then move the site elsewhere for free. No i dont want to be admin or a mod. You blokes worried about losing information and history of Australian Bmx?  Lets be honest only a handful of Aussie companies produced bmx bikes like Supa Roo and Quicksilver etc. That information is not lost and still available online here and elsewhere. The real question is......... Does PRick want to go down as the doosh bag that digitally burned Australian BMX history in a big bon fire forever? Sadly Im convinced he is that spoilt child.
Option two. Ask the owners of this forum to ad a few Aussie sub forums that were identical to OZBMX.

#227 2018-10-31 2:03am

axegrinder
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Stealth24 wrote:

If it helps. I have archived the whole forum up until I got banned about 2 years ago.  (yeah i got rad I.T skills) Im willing to sell it for half of Micks ransom ($4.65) then move the site elsewhere for free. No i dont want to be admin or a mod. You blokes worried about losing information and history of Australian Bmx?  Lets be honest only a handful of Aussie companies produced bmx bikes like Supa Roo and Quicksilver etc. That information is not lost and still available online here and elsewhere. The real question is......... Does PRick want to go down as the doosh bag that digitally burned Australian BMX history in a big bon fire forever? Sadly Im convinced he is that spoilt child.
Option two. Ask the owners of this forum to ad a few Aussie sub forums that were identical to OZBMX.

You sir are a godsend.

#228 2018-10-31 2:29am

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
Bikes: 13
Website

Stealth24 wrote:

What kind of sub forums are you thinking off....??
I am sure Gary would be happy to have that sort of info on this site  ....cool

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#229 2018-10-31 3:33am

Stealth24
Museum Newbie

Raven wrote:

Stealth24 wrote:

Option two. Ask the owners of this forum to add a few Aussie sub forums that were identical to OZBMX.

Personally I find it depressing looking at the for sale forum. It needs a drop down box for each country. Looking at parts/bikes then always reading no international shipping. (Besides that?.... The exchange rate and postage is unfavourable internationally at present anyway). Perhaps the ozi regulars here could suggest what sub forums they want.?

Bmx Other Countries- Australia (Sticky)
then all the usual OZBMX Forums.

#230 2018-10-31 12:32pm

BRICKOS2
Pro MemberTHIRSTY
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 21

Looks like we're onto something here smile

#231 2018-10-31 1:05pm

Raven
Website

Stealth24 wrote:

Raven wrote:

Stealth24 wrote:

Option two. Ask the owners of this forum to add a few Aussie sub forums that were identical to OZBMX.

Personally I find it depressing looking at the for sale forum. It needs a drop down box for each country. Looking at parts/bikes then always reading no international shipping. (Besides that?.... The exchange rate and postage is unfavourable internationally at present anyway). Perhaps the ozi regulars here could suggest what sub forums they want.?

Nate should be able to easily create a sticky to enable this ,,I will run it by admin and get back to you ......sounds like a great idea wink

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#232 2018-10-31 1:20pm

toy24
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Stealth24 wrote:

Raven wrote:

Stealth24 wrote:

We got an Aussie for sale thread here - https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=68112

Never enough time to ride !

#233 2018-10-31 5:56pm

Coldfeet1
Pro Member

This is the best news I've heard all day

I'm sure there was a dragster forum that OZBMX took over and they just added it to the bottom of the "menu"

Have an OZ section and add the whole thing that "Stealth 24" has and we just continue as is it was

Yes, you can find how to build a particular bike to spec, etc on the net, but It's the personal banter of builds, photo's and stories that can't be found on the net that needs to be restored

My life is one long battle against maturity

#234 2018-10-31 6:22pm

pkripper68bmx
Pro MemberOriginal Finish Only

:cool

#235 2018-10-31 6:53pm

Raven
Website

Pm sent to stealth see if we can do this wink

#236 2018-10-31 9:09pm

Gilly

Cool.
I have trouble copying and pasting a link:D

Tread carefully or should I say stealthily.

#237 2018-11-01 1:52am

Stealth24
Museum Newbie

PM replied to Raven. wink

#238 2018-11-27 9:26pm

dubrosa22
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 7

There is an archive of OZBMX at archive.org up till August 2018 however searching it is somewhat tricky, but browsing forums is quite effective :

https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.ozbmx.com.au

V

#239 2018-11-27 10:00pm

eric12
Pro MemberThink For a Change
For Sale: 3

dubrosa22 wrote:

There is an archive of OZBMX at archive.org up till August 2018 however searching it is somewhat tricky, but browsing forums is quite effective :

V

cool

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Oh, it's going to be a long winter.

#240 2018-11-28 12:46am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Pussy!
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Website

eric12 wrote:

dubrosa22 wrote:

V

cool

cool cool

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#241 2018-12-12 3:24am

Krusty
Museum Newbie

A money making venture from day one. How many businesses were created from one forum and are still reaping the benefits of old school collecting today.

Some of us who put in the hard yards had the sense to copy and paste all the relevant history that was collected.

2 people started the implosion of a forum that split old school bmx in Aus forever. Who has the largest collection worth the most amount of coin. The classic checkbook collectors.

Threats of violence stopped one of Australia's outstanding old school show and shine meets.

Money, greed and collecting bring out the worst in people and OZBMX is a prime example.

Maybe a phoenix OZBMX-2 will appear and the Admin have a higher IQ than a 4th grader. Snaps looking good at the moment:rolleyes:

Xav you bought and closed any other old school bmx forum in Australia that was an opposition to OZBMX and all of their archives have been lost and you lied about keeping those forums alive.

Do the right thing this time.

Board footer

View Cart →