You are not logged in.

Hurricane Florence  RSS Feed

#26 2018-09-11 6:09pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 15

Re: Hurricane Florence

Don’t forget to grab the pets, photo albums, and the bmx’s!

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork
RBD2

#27 2018-09-11 6:10pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 3

troynlori wrote:

You're up near town center or did you move down this way?  What evac zone are you in?  Looks like we're going to get a crap ton of rain.

I'm in Landstown now. Right by Target on Princess Anne. I think we're in C my wife said. How about u? Are u near me?

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#28 2018-09-11 6:11pm

justlive

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#29 2018-09-11 6:11pm

justlive

80sbikedude wrote:

tongue it might go eventually........

This is true!

#30 2018-09-11 6:13pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

troynlori wrote:

You're up near town center or did you move down this way?  What evac zone are you in?  Looks like we're going to get a crap ton of rain.

and keep in mind if the track of the storm goes more north the front right quadrant is the strongest part of the storm and will also have the largest storm surge....I have seen up to 12 feet.   That is YOU.

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#31 2018-09-11 6:15pm

justlive

JS-44SDS wrote:

troynlori wrote:

and keep in mind if the track of the storm goes more north the front right quadrant is the strongest part of the storm and will also have the largest storm surge....I have seen up to 12 feet.   That is YOU.

Ugh

#32 2018-09-11 6:18pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberThe Tailpipe Shocker
Bikes: 3

If Kurt was in hurricane lane with me I imagine we would be doing this...

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/240323/c8d7d5f2-86e6-4e37-8772-f078afaac2645b9869404d.jpeg

wink lol

“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

#33 2018-09-11 6:19pm

JS-44SDS

justlive wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

troynlori wrote:

Ugh

Yea, And if I am not mistaken you guys had coastal flooding recently and a lot of rain.   That water has nowhere to go.  If you can leave get the fook out as it there is that much water you cannot do shit about it.  I hope this is all for nothing BUT I dont think so.....

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#34 2018-09-11 6:26pm

justlive

JS-44SDS wrote:

justlive wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

Ugh

Yea, And if I am not mistaken you guys had coastal flooding recently and a lot of rain.   That water has nowhere to go.  If you can leave get the fook out as it there is that much water you cannot do shit about it.  I hope this is all for nothing BUT I dont think so.....

Thanks man! Appreciate the heads up.

#35 2018-09-11 6:31pm

zman0803
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

I feel for anyone that is going to be affected by this storm.  I wish everyone the best of luck that's riding this one out.   

This pic was taken by a friend that's about an hour south of Raliegh NC. 

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/78440/image0000005b986c4faf.jpg

#36 2018-09-11 6:40pm

KRUZNYO
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

My 23 year old son works on military boats in Virginia... He and a friend left a couple hours ago... GOOD LUCK PEOPLE yikes

Last edited by KRUZNYO (2018-09-11 6:41pm)

Gods Of War!!!

#37 2018-09-11 6:41pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

We are getting wiped out on the groceries here too and I'm 4 hours from the coast.  Because everything flows that way all the rain we get here will eventually contribute to the flooding issues this storm will cause. Forecasting 12" of rain here and 30+" at the coast.

"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

#38 2018-09-11 6:49pm

troynlori
Moderator"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 122

I don't recall too much coastal flooding lately down here, nor too much rain, but we have had some.  Not exactly sure how storm surge works, but basically I am surrounded by drainage to the ocean.  However, I think that won't work out due to the Hurricane.  Basically if our streets over flood, then the whole entire city is underwater based on my evac category.  I am on the Southside of VA BCH, which makes several things very hairy.  Not far from me is "Back Bay" (the northern tip of the Currituck Sound).  It's not going to be fun, but will have to buckle down and deal with what comes our way. 

Chris, you mean up by the Best Buy?  You're 5 minutes from me, LOL.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#39 2018-09-11 6:56pm

nbl78s
Expert
Bikes: 5

Good luck and stay safe if you're in the path of this one... she looks like she's meaner than my ex! YIKES

Needs: always looking for odyssey director s2 forks, Fly pantera V-bars, Knight Gum drops, Knight retro stems, knight retro gooses (yes, I love knight stuff!) GT 4bar pro bars with the GT logo stamped on the bottom of the down tubes (race model) thanks!

#40 2018-09-12 4:45am

JS-44SDS

troynlori wrote:

I don't recall too much coastal flooding lately down here, nor too much rain, but we have had some.  Not exactly sure how storm surge works, but basically I am surrounded by drainage to the ocean.  However, I think that won't work out due to the Hurricane.  Basically if our streets over flood, then the whole entire city is underwater based on my evac category.  I am on the Southside of VA BCH, which makes several things very hairy.  Not far from me is "Back Bay" (the northern tip of the Currituck Sound).  It's not going to be fun, but will have to buckle down and deal with what comes our way. 

Troy....if the eye passes to your south that means you are in the strongest quadrant of the storm.  The wind is the strongest there and the wind makes the storm surge the worst.  If it is far south you are fine as it depends on the size of the storm itself.

#41 2018-09-12 5:19am

justlive

troynlori wrote:

Lol yep right by Best Buy. Too funny. We definitely have to get together after this storm. I know I've said that a few times right lol. Crazy how fast this summer went...I was watching the news this morning and it appears the storm has shifted a little? So hopefully we'll only get a few inches of rain by us. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If u need help with anything Troy let me know! smile

#42 2018-09-12 5:43am

oldprobmx
Pro Member

coming from someone who survived Sandy, hang in there

#43 2018-09-12 6:39am

JS-44SDS

oldprobmx wrote:

coming from someone who survived Sandy, hang in there

oh man that sucked so bad.

#44 2018-09-12 6:40am

JS-44SDS

justlive wrote:

troynlori wrote:

Lol yep right by Best Buy. Too funny. We definitely have to get together after this storm. I know I've said that a few times right lol. Crazy how fast this summer went...I was watching the news this morning and it appears the storm has shifted a little? So hopefully we'll only get a few inches of rain by us. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If u need help with anything Troy let me know! smile

Yes, it seems you guys in VA may be a little better off BUT please dont relax because of this.....its just a possibility at this time but hopefully it will work out for you guys and your families.  The surge can still affect you....

Last edited by JS-44SDS (2018-09-12 6:41am)

#45 2018-09-12 6:44am

justlive

JS-44SDS wrote:

justlive wrote:

troynlori wrote:

Yes, it seems you guys in VA may be a little better off BUT please dont relax because of this.....its just a possibility at this time but hopefully it will work out for you guys and your families.  The surge can still affect you....

Most definitely. Thanks man!

#46 2018-09-12 6:56am

JS-44SDS

justlive wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

justlive wrote:

Most definitely. Thanks man!

take a cordless sawzall if you have one....and a few tools.

#47 2018-09-12 7:29am

old_school_bmx_guy
Pro Memberyou spent how much?!
Bikes: 16

This one looks like a bit of a monster, hopefully it'll die out somewhat before it makes landfall. Stay safe all my bmx bros down there.

We're all gonna be three little Fonzies here and what's Fonzie like?
Come on Yolanda! What's Fonzie like?
Cool?
Correct-a-mundo! And that's what we're gonna be, cool.

#48 2018-09-12 8:04am

CanyonCrusher

The bitch took a hook!!!! yikes

Now it’s gonna head right at my house, but I’m staying put. No sense in leaving when I’m already so prepared for it. During the storm I’ll try to post up some pics.

“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

#49 2018-09-12 9:02am

DrewMcCain
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

I’m from Leland but work for the city of Wilmington’s stormwater department. It’s been nuts this week getting prepared between work and planning to evacuate. Got the family and pets but no room for the bike stuff unfortunately. Hope everyone else in the path gets to safety.

#50 2018-09-12 9:07am

CanyonCrusher

DrewMcCain wrote:

I’m from Leland but work for the city of Wilmington’s stormwater department. It’s been nuts this week getting prepared between work and planning to evacuate. Got the family and pets but no room for the bike stuff unfortunately. Hope everyone else in the path gets to safety.

I’m sure you guys are swamped, and that’s not a pun on you being with the water department lol

If you have a 2 story house store the bikes up as high as you can, that’s what I did and I’m hoping that’ll be enough to keep them dry. I know the chromo can be cleaned up if need be but I also have carbon fiber parts and I’m not sure how that will react to the water.

Board footer

View Cart →