You are not logged in.

2019 Haro Master  RSS Feed

#51 2018-09-12 8:34am

ebenk
Pro Member
From: San Antonio, Texas
Registered: 2011-09-20
Posts: 223
Bikes: 5

Re: 2019 Haro Master

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

Thank you Eben.

No worries.

Offline

 

#52 2018-09-12 8:40am

ebenk
Pro Member
From: San Antonio, Texas
Registered: 2011-09-20
Posts: 223
Bikes: 5

Re: 2019 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

ebenk wrote:

made2drag wrote:


Its a breath of fresh air to me.  Micro gearing and a few links might save a 1/4 of a pound?  Micro gearing is just so over done and I know its functional but doesn't fit a bike that had a monster sized bashguard.  I like how this bike will be the first of its kind since a long time.  You've got to admit the 89 had a huge bashguard...huge... a micro bashguard just to follow the norm, would be a lack of creativeness.  Boring NS look-a-like Caveman.  Lets save the Caveman copying for 91-92 Sports and lets see a medium bash 89 retro that actually looks like an 89.  IMHO this may be Haro's best work ever.

The reason the Caveman looked like a Sport, was because Mikes first real bike was a 91 Platinum colored Sport. He got John’s blessing prior to United making them. The guard on that frame turned out completely wrong, and fortunately if they do make another batch, the guard will be different, I actually sent him a plate that I made while we were working on the 2019 Master. Whether they use it or not is completely up to them.

On a side note, I agree on the larger size gearing that you’re talking about. It was proven to work, unlike they guards have with the micro drive frames of today.  The guard on the Master will work for sure this time around and is really rad. I seriously hope everyone is as stoked as we are with it.

Cool.  I do like the Caveman, especially Jriedmiller's.  He built it up perfectly.  I think every once in a while it's nice to see something unexpected and something that goes against the grain.  It looks like it will hold it's own with anything else someone can buy and have the look to go with it.  Not only that, but it pays homage to guys like you that paved the way for the sport to be what it is today. And if there was ever a bike John was going to go all out on, it's this one.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. This is one bike that John wanted to be as perfect as possible, and to me, it truly is. It represents over four actual years of work to make it what it is. I really think a lot of people are going to be surprised how they turned out, theres quite a few things that really make this bike seriously amazing. I literally have a file on my phone with photos throughout the entire design process that really show how much work went into this bike. Maybe some day I'll break a lot of it down and share a lot of them. The one thing that I really love about this bike is the fact that it truly is a blend of old school and design with modern day technology and is a perfect fusion of the two of them. Again, I really cant wait to see how everyone reacts to these bikes next week.

Offline

 

#53 2018-09-12 12:10pm

jriedmiller
Moderator
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2013-03-29
Posts: 3677
Bikes: 19

Re: 2019 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

ebenk wrote:

made2drag wrote:


Its a breath of fresh air to me.  Micro gearing and a few links might save a 1/4 of a pound?  Micro gearing is just so over done and I know its functional but doesn't fit a bike that had a monster sized bashguard.  I like how this bike will be the first of its kind since a long time.  You've got to admit the 89 had a huge bashguard...huge... a micro bashguard just to follow the norm, would be a lack of creativeness.  Boring NS look-a-like Caveman.  Lets save the Caveman copying for 91-92 Sports and lets see a medium bash 89 retro that actually looks like an 89.  IMHO this may be Haro's best work ever.

The reason the Caveman looked like a Sport, was because Mikes first real bike was a 91 Platinum colored Sport. He got John’s blessing prior to United making them. The guard on that frame turned out completely wrong, and fortunately if they do make another batch, the guard will be different, I actually sent him a plate that I made while we were working on the 2019 Master. Whether they use it or not is completely up to them.

On a side note, I agree on the larger size gearing that you’re talking about. It was proven to work, unlike they guards have with the micro drive frames of today.  The guard on the Master will work for sure this time around and is really rad. I seriously hope everyone is as stoked as we are with it.

Cool.  I do like the Caveman, especially Jriedmiller's.  He built it up perfectly.  I think every once in a while it's nice to see something unexpected and something that goes against the grain.  It looks like it will hold it's own with anything else someone can buy and have the look to go with it.  Not only that, but it pays homage to guys like you that paved the way for the sport to be what it is today. And if there was ever a bike John was going to go all out on, it's this one.

Thanks man, I did like how that bike came out but never could get used to how it rode.  I attributed it to the added weight of the bashguard and where that weight was located which may have been more mental than actual but that's why I worry about adding even more bulk there.  I know I'm not the target audience for this bike anyway, so I don't want to put it on blast any more than I may have already without intending to.  It does bum me slightly that the frame isn't available separately or at least seemingly so as I had seriously considered at one point picking one up.  So we'll see how it ends up, I won't be mad either way as long as it makes the people happy it's intended to.


Buying high and selling low for decades!

Offline

 

#54 2018-09-12 12:49pm

ebenk
Pro Member
From: San Antonio, Texas
Registered: 2011-09-20
Posts: 223
Bikes: 5

Re: 2019 Haro Master

jriedmiller wrote:

made2drag wrote:

ebenk wrote:


The reason the Caveman looked like a Sport, was because Mikes first real bike was a 91 Platinum colored Sport. He got John’s blessing prior to United making them. The guard on that frame turned out completely wrong, and fortunately if they do make another batch, the guard will be different, I actually sent him a plate that I made while we were working on the 2019 Master. Whether they use it or not is completely up to them.

On a side note, I agree on the larger size gearing that you’re talking about. It was proven to work, unlike they guards have with the micro drive frames of today.  The guard on the Master will work for sure this time around and is really rad. I seriously hope everyone is as stoked as we are with it.

Cool.  I do like the Caveman, especially Jriedmiller's.  He built it up perfectly.  I think every once in a while it's nice to see something unexpected and something that goes against the grain.  It looks like it will hold it's own with anything else someone can buy and have the look to go with it.  Not only that, but it pays homage to guys like you that paved the way for the sport to be what it is today. And if there was ever a bike John was going to go all out on, it's this one.

Thanks man, I did like how that bike came out but never could get used to how it rode.  I attributed it to the added weight of the bashguard and where that weight was located which may have been more mental than actual but that's why I worry about adding even more bulk there.  I know I'm not the target audience for this bike anyway, so I don't want to put it on blast any more than I may have already without intending to.  It does bum me slightly that the frame isn't available separately or at least seemingly so as I had seriously considered at one point picking one up.  So we'll see how it ends up, I won't be mad either way as long as it makes the people happy it's intended to.

Yeah, the guard on his frame was way too heavy. There is a very good possibility of frames being available separately, they will only be available in chrome, but will come with all three decal sets and from what I remember the correct RAL/paint code ID for the red colorway. I believe minimums would need to be met, but pretty sure its going to happen.

Offline

 

#55 2018-09-12 1:14pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 17751
Bikes: 71

Re: 2019 Haro Master

jriedmiller wrote:

I'm intrigued to see the official pics, but the lack of a frame/frameset option completely rules out any further consideration of me owning one.

they said frame sets may show up latter if there are enough pre sales payments to warren it.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#56 2018-09-12 1:22pm

detroitjohnny
Pro Member
From: Traverse City, MI
Registered: 2008-09-19
Posts: 2414

Re: 2019 Haro Master

Not on Facebook much.  Can someone post the pics here?


WANTED: 1989 GT Pro Freestyle Tour.

Offline

 

#57 2018-09-12 1:34pm

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7252
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Haro Master

jriedmiller wrote:

I'm intrigued to see the official pics, but the lack of a frame/frameset option completely rules out any further consideration of me owning one.

Sorry, I was under the assumption you weren't wanting just a chrome frame and wanted red or black.  Eben told us on another thread about the chrome being a possibility.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#58 2018-09-12 1:36pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 17751
Bikes: 71

Re: 2019 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

made2drag wrote:


It will have a round bashguard.  The chainstays may drop some then shoot up towards the ht to put the bash cage in the correct spot for geo to be right.  It's hard to tell.  What ive been seeing the whole time is how big the rear freewheel or freecoaster is and that tells me 42/16 or 38/13 or 40/14 or something.

I hope you're wrong, offering a complete bike in 2019 with prehistoric gear ratios makes no sense IMO.

If you wanted a 28/9 you could do that too or any size on up.  I think the buyers for this bike are people who rode an 89 and it'll be a hit.  A guy who rode an 87 or 88, probably wouldn't be as excited with an 89/2019 no matter what it looked like or how it came.  89 was a love it or hate it design already.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/20170507_132212-copiar5911fe5f58_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dannys_bikes_325_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_1195_copy3_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_5110588ddfb5a9_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/bmx_bashguard_non_drive_side_blowup.jpg

to me small looks better:)
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/597d84db-5b6c-4894-8142-2d5f9f318a395b13583c89_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_20170827_07265659a4068e59_blowup.jpg


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#59 2018-09-12 1:38pm

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7252
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Haro Master

detroitjohnny wrote:

Not on Facebook much.  Can someone post the pics here?

The only one public is on this thread already... other than a pic showing the very front of it.  It shows the forks and I can almost make out the bash tube making it halfway up the downtube between the "ST" on the Master decal.  Unfortunately, I cant post pics from fb.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#60 2018-09-12 1:47pm

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7252
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Haro Master

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

made2drag wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:


I hope you're wrong, offering a complete bike in 2019 with prehistoric gear ratios makes no sense IMO.

If you wanted a 28/9 you could do that too or any size on up.  I think the buyers for this bike are people who rode an 89 and it'll be a hit.  A guy who rode an 87 or 88, probably wouldn't be as excited with an 89/2019 no matter what it looked like or how it came.  89 was a love it or hate it design already.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/20170507_13 … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dannys_bikes_325_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_1195_copy3_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_5110588 … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/bmx_bashgua … blowup.jpg

to me small looks better:)
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/597d84db-5b … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_2017082 … blowup.jpg

The aggressor and slammer, to me, look in proportion with the rest of the bike.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#61 2018-09-12 1:57pm

kngs72
Pro Member
From: ATX
Registered: 2016-06-03
Posts: 113

Re: 2019 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

detroitjohnny wrote:

Not on Facebook much.  Can someone post the pics here?

The only one public is on this thread already... other than a pic showing the very front of it.  It shows the forks and I can almost make out the bash tube making it halfway up the downtube between the "ST" on the Master decal.  Unfortunately, I cant post pics from fb.

Can you post a link to the fb page?

Offline

 

#62 2018-09-12 2:34pm

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Registered: 2013-02-17
Posts: 2011

Re: 2019 Haro Master

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

made2drag wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:


I hope you're wrong, offering a complete bike in 2019 with prehistoric gear ratios makes no sense IMO.

If you wanted a 28/9 you could do that too or any size on up.  I think the buyers for this bike are people who rode an 89 and it'll be a hit.  A guy who rode an 87 or 88, probably wouldn't be as excited with an 89/2019 no matter what it looked like or how it came.  89 was a love it or hate it design already.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/20170507_13 … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dannys_bikes_325_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_1195_copy3_blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_5110588 … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/bmx_bashgua … blowup.jpg

to me small looks better:)
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/597d84db-5b … blowup.jpg
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/img_2017082 … blowup.jpg

The only one of these that also protects the chain is the Bully. The rest leave a little gap that exposes the chain slightly.

Offline

 

#63 2018-09-12 2:40pm

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7252
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Haro Master

kngs72 wrote:

made2drag wrote:

detroitjohnny wrote:

Not on Facebook much.  Can someone post the pics here?

The only one public is on this thread already... other than a pic showing the very front of it.  It shows the forks and I can almost make out the bash tube making it halfway up the downtube between the "ST" on the Master decal.  Unfortunately, I cant post pics from fb.

Can you post a link to the fb page?

Just type in John Buultjens and the 2 pics are near the top.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#64 2018-09-12 3:10pm

maldito6969
Pro MemberRedline6969
From: Greeneville, Tennessee
Registered: 2010-02-28
Posts: 497
Bikes: 27
For Sale: 419

Re: 2019 Haro Master

An other pic from Facebook. I love the 990 front brake .

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/40207/screenshot_20180912-1807165b998ec8e4.png


I love my bikes.

If you see something you want to buy  pm.

I reserve the right to sell to whomever i wish .

Offline

 

#65 2018-09-12 3:30pm

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Registered: 2013-02-17
Posts: 2011

Re: 2019 Haro Master

maldito6969 wrote:

An other pic from Facebook. I love the 990 front brake .

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8ec8e4.png

I like the cable routing on the fork...at least I think it looks as though it's coming out of the leg.

Offline

 

#66 2018-09-12 4:23pm

maldito6969
Pro MemberRedline6969
From: Greeneville, Tennessee
Registered: 2010-02-28
Posts: 497
Bikes: 27
For Sale: 419

Re: 2019 Haro Master

I think it looks much better with this fork , I like the look of the fork standers .

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/40207/screenshot_20180912-1920075b999fe0c4.png


I love my bikes.

If you see something you want to buy  pm.

I reserve the right to sell to whomever i wish .

Offline

 

#67 2018-09-12 7:19pm

jriedmiller
Moderator
From: Cincinnati, OH
Registered: 2013-03-29
Posts: 3677
Bikes: 19

Re: 2019 Haro Master

made2drag wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

I'm intrigued to see the official pics, but the lack of a frame/frameset option completely rules out any further consideration of me owning one.

Sorry, I was under the assumption you weren't wanting just a chrome frame and wanted red or black.  Eben told us on another thread about the chrome being a possibility.

Ah well that’s good news.  I’ve always liked the red one but chrome could work too.


Buying high and selling low for decades!

Offline

 

#68 2018-09-12 7:54pm

mdeltab
Museum Addict
From: Ohio
Registered: 2012-03-24
Posts: 1452
Bikes: 3

Re: 2019 Haro Master

not tryin to Bash this bike and project but why would they take the black which was probably the most popular color for this model and put it on the 21" top tube size which is probably the least popular size?

I want the bike but want black in 20.5

totally bummed

Offline

 

#69 2018-09-12 7:58pm

mdeltab
Museum Addict
From: Ohio
Registered: 2012-03-24
Posts: 1452
Bikes: 3

Re: 2019 Haro Master

seems like the top caps on the stems should be black for the black bike and red for the red bike instead of these stems being all polished.

Offline

 

#70 2018-09-12 8:32pm

ebenk
Pro Member
From: San Antonio, Texas
Registered: 2011-09-20
Posts: 223
Bikes: 5

Re: 2019 Haro Master

mdeltab wrote:

seems like the top caps on the stems should be black for the black bike and red for the red bike instead of these stems being all polished.

The original bikes came with polished fusion stems, that’s why the stems are
Polished instead of having color coated tops.

Offline

 

#71 2018-09-12 8:43pm

mdeltab
Museum Addict
From: Ohio
Registered: 2012-03-24
Posts: 1452
Bikes: 3

Re: 2019 Haro Master

mdeltab wrote:

seems like the top caps on the stems should be black for the black bike and red for the red bike instead of these stems being all polished.

ahhh, disregard. I just searched and saw they had all polished stems back in 89. Still would look cool though polished and black stems. Chrome and black forks too!!

I bet this bike has a sprocket size somewhere over 30T. Look at how wide the chain is spread as it comes down to the rear gears. if it were 25t or so the chain would be closer to the chainstays

Offline

 

#72 2018-09-12 10:58pm

sport123
Pro Member
From: Midschoolville
Registered: 2012-02-04
Posts: 1103

Re: 2019 Haro Master

I’d want 21” in red! That’s a shame!

Offline

 

#73 2018-09-13 6:00am

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7252
Bikes: 8

Re: 2019 Haro Master

mdeltab wrote:

not tryin to Bash this bike and project but why would they take the black which was probably the most popular color for this model and put it on the 21" top tube size which is probably the least popular size?

I want the bike but want black in 20.5

totally bummed

Since there is a possibilty of a frame in chrome, they made the chrome ones 20.5 since thats the popular top tube size.  I think red made the most impact bitd in magazines, so 20.75 went to the popular one.  It still surprizes me how a 1/4 or 1/2 inch is turning people away on buying these amazing machines.  Thickness of an allen bolt head isnt going to make a huge difference like chainstain and ht degree or fork drops do.  If someone was going from midschool to ns i can see someone getting nervous.  You can do this man.  The double seat post clamp should help your decade conquer the 1/2 inch difference maybe.  Pedal pickers might feel the same with a taller pedal.  Hang fives might be fine with your seat slide a 1/2 inch closer.  Haro could have had one color in three sizes but went 3 colors instead.  Thats pretty cool as completes.  If they did all three in 20.5 they would have heard complaining since this is a street frame.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#74 2018-09-13 9:34am

spyker
Pro MemberCult of Personality
From: THUGGSVILLE
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 19803

Re: 2019 Haro Master

maldito6969 wrote:

An other pic from Facebook. I love the 990 front brake .

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8ec8e4.png

Why post teaser pics like this...just post the whole darn thing! I want to see the whole bike.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#75 2018-09-13 10:08am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 17751
Bikes: 71

Re: 2019 Haro Master

spyker wrote:

maldito6969 wrote:

An other pic from Facebook. I love the 990 front brake .

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8ec8e4.png

Why post teaser pics like this...just post the whole darn thing! I want to see the whole bike.

their (HARO) trying to build suspense maybe??hmm


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →