You are not logged in.

Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?  RSS Feed

#1 2018-08-22 7:29pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Someone on one of the buy/sell BMX race Facebook groups was selling a Speedwagon frame. Browsing through the comments someone said word is they are coming out with a new model. Interested I checked out S&M website didn’t see anything however all the Speedwagon frames are marked down from $400 to $319, and the cruiser frames are all sold out. Kinda like they want to get rid of all inventory. Hmm, interesting.


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#2 2018-08-23 5:43am

Gangly1
Member
From: Richmond, VA
Registered: 2018-05-01
Posts: 34

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

About a month ago I asked them when they were coming out with more colors for the stock speedwagon frames (I was looking for a 23", and there was only one black frame left).  They said that they were in the process of tweaking the geometry and that it would be some time before anything came in stock.   I don't have an exact time frame, though.

Offline

 

#3 2018-08-23 5:50am

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Registered: 2013-02-17
Posts: 2389
Bikes: 2

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Gangly1 wrote:

About a month ago I asked them when they were coming out with more colors for the stock speedwagon frames (I was looking for a 23", and there was only one black frame left).  They said that they were in the process of tweaking the geometry and that it would be some time before anything came in stock.   I don't have an exact time frame, though.

23"? How tall are you?

Offline

 

#4 2018-08-23 6:21am

eastcoastflava
Intermediate
From: Providence, RI
Registered: 2007-02-13
Posts: 346

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

brettweir89 wrote:

Someone on one of the buy/sell BMX race Facebook groups was selling a Speedwagon frame. Browsing through the comments someone said word is they are coming out with a new model. Interested I checked out S&M website didn’t see anything however all the Speedwagon frames are marked down from $400 to $319, and the cruiser frames are all sold out. Kinda like they want to get rid of all inventory. Hmm, interesting.

Word on the street is that they are revamping the line.  New name, tweaked geo, integrated tensioners, etc... 

This is all rumor mill stuff, mind you.


Current Fleet:
2007 Redline Proline 24"
2016 S&M Speedwagon
1994 CycleCraft Pro XL
2010  S&M 38 Special
2014 Trek 9th. District- Road bike

Offline

 

#5 2018-08-23 6:33am

Gangly1
Member
From: Richmond, VA
Registered: 2018-05-01
Posts: 34

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

blammo585 wrote:

23"? How tall are you?

6'6".  I had been riding a 21.5" class bike for a while with the bars tilted forward a bit.  Just this week I switched to a XXXL CYaa frame.  Seller said it was 23", but I measured closer to 22.5".  I haven't had much time on it, so we'll see how it goes!

Offline

 

#6 2018-08-23 10:03am

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

It would be nice to see them make some changes as others like Cult (which I own one of the new race frames) and Subrosa have come out with offerings that have touches like integrated tensioners, and in my case with the Cult the seat stays have a slight bend in them which helps with chain clearance so doesn't slap.


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#7 2018-08-23 4:36pm

blammo585
Pro MemberDyno Lover!
Registered: 2013-02-17
Posts: 2389
Bikes: 2

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Gangly1 wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

23"? How tall are you?

6'6".  I had been riding a 21.5" class bike for a while with the bars tilted forward a bit.  Just this week I switched to a XXXL CYaa frame.  Seller said it was 23", but I measured closer to 22.5".  I haven't had much time on it, so we'll see how it goes!

OK, that's understandable. When I saw 23", I thought, "This guy likes a long bike." tongue

Offline

 

#8 2018-08-23 7:50pm

lindsay75
Pro Member
From: Loda, IL
Registered: 2008-09-03
Posts: 1235
Bikes: 6

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

So how much are these gonna be worth then ? LOL
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19912/af42e0a2-5ad1-401a-ad27-26e7c307df295b7f7266a4.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19912/3562c824-242f-4962-be16-6ef492e44d285b7f72673b.jpeg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19912/c7923358-a9d2-43f1-ad19-851f776531c15b7f7264c8.jpeg


For sale prices are not set in stone. See something u like, shoot me an offer !

DIRT CREW SHIRTS AVAILABLE !

PayPal : lindsay4_1@yahoo.com

Offline

 

#9 2018-08-24 3:19am

Hawked
Pro Member
Registered: 2017-08-21
Posts: 327

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

eastcoastflava wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Someone on one of the buy/sell BMX race Facebook groups was selling a Speedwagon frame. Browsing through the comments someone said word is they are coming out with a new model. Interested I checked out S&M website didn’t see anything however all the Speedwagon frames are marked down from $400 to $319, and the cruiser frames are all sold out. Kinda like they want to get rid of all inventory. Hmm, interesting.

Word on the street is that they are revamping the line.  New name, tweaked geo, integrated tensioners, etc... 

This is all rumor mill stuff, mind you.

It was confirmed on instagram a few hours ago, the new model will be called the Steel Panther.

Offline

 

#10 2018-08-24 4:27am

sycmatt
Pro Member
From: Manchester UK
Registered: 2015-06-18
Posts: 918
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Hawked wrote:

eastcoastflava wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Someone on one of the buy/sell BMX race Facebook groups was selling a Speedwagon frame. Browsing through the comments someone said word is they are coming out with a new model. Interested I checked out S&M website didn’t see anything however all the Speedwagon frames are marked down from $400 to $319, and the cruiser frames are all sold out. Kinda like they want to get rid of all inventory. Hmm, interesting.

Word on the street is that they are revamping the line.  New name, tweaked geo, integrated tensioners, etc... 

This is all rumor mill stuff, mind you.

It was confirmed on instagram a few hours ago, the new model will be called the Steel Panther.

As above, Instagram is your friend. Speedwagons will always be available as a custom order, I would have thought.


WTB King Bikes Liberty frame.
WTB Gack Gargoyle frame
WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

Offline

 

#11 2018-08-24 5:15am

eastcoastflava
Intermediate
From: Providence, RI
Registered: 2007-02-13
Posts: 346

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

sycmatt wrote:

Hawked wrote:

eastcoastflava wrote:


Word on the street is that they are revamping the line.  New name, tweaked geo, integrated tensioners, etc... 

This is all rumor mill stuff, mind you.

It was confirmed on instagram a few hours ago, the new model will be called the Steel Panther.

As above, Instagram is your friend. Speedwagons will always be available as a custom order, I would have thought.

Here's the IG link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm2N926Ht0u … 61z19igrl9


Current Fleet:
2007 Redline Proline 24"
2016 S&M Speedwagon
1994 CycleCraft Pro XL
2010  S&M 38 Special
2014 Trek 9th. District- Road bike

Offline

 

#12 2018-08-24 5:38am

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Absolutely worthless, which is why you should trade me my Haro carbon bike for your Red, White, and Blue one big_smile


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#13 2018-08-24 5:40am

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

eastcoastflava wrote:

sycmatt wrote:

Hawked wrote:


It was confirmed on instagram a few hours ago, the new model will be called the Steel Panther.

As above, Instagram is your friend. Speedwagons will always be available as a custom order, I would have thought.

Here's the IG link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm2N926Ht0u … 61z19igrl9

Thanks for the link, I was having no luck finding. Looks like they are addressing both issues chain tensioners build in and chain clearance! I'll be buying one of these bad boys


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#14 2018-08-24 9:02am

eastcoastflava
Intermediate
From: Providence, RI
Registered: 2007-02-13
Posts: 346

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

brettweir89 wrote:

eastcoastflava wrote:

sycmatt wrote:


As above, Instagram is your friend. Speedwagons will always be available as a custom order, I would have thought.

Here's the IG link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm2N926Ht0u … 61z19igrl9

Thanks for the link, I was having no luck finding. Looks like they are addressing both issues chain tensioners build in and chain clearance! I'll be buying one of these bad boys

I just built a speedwagon and today bought a 39/14 combo b/c of chain clearance issues (was prev. 44/16).  Sucks b/c I already chain-slapped the paint off the seat stay.  roll

Can't wait for the new frames to come out, might have to pick one up on the used marked in a couple years.


Current Fleet:
2007 Redline Proline 24"
2016 S&M Speedwagon
1994 CycleCraft Pro XL
2010  S&M 38 Special
2014 Trek 9th. District- Road bike

Offline

 

#15 2018-08-24 9:16am

milhous
Pro Member
From: Marshalltown, IA
Registered: 2009-01-07
Posts: 3265
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

eastcoastflava wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

eastcoastflava wrote:

Here's the IG link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm2N926Ht0u … 61z19igrl9

Thanks for the link, I was having no luck finding. Looks like they are addressing both issues chain tensioners build in and chain clearance! I'll be buying one of these bad boys

I just built a speedwagon and today bought a 39/14 combo b/c of chain clearance issues (was prev. 44/16).  Sucks b/c I already chain-slapped the paint off the seat stay.  roll

Can't wait for the new frames to come out, might have to pick one up on the used marked in a couple years.

What hub/crank/bb setup are you running?

I have been running 45/16 with a lot of clearance room on my 2017 version Speedwagon for the last 2 seasons with no issues.

Profile Elite hub, Profile cranks (6" spindle and outboard BB), Profile spline drive spider. With the rear length at approx 14.5".

Last edited by milhous (2018-08-24 9:17am)


WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
Standard Bykes Gyro Junction
Primo Super Tenderizer pedals (black, 4-slot, NOS or excellent condition only)
Profile 1-1/8" seat clamp (Black, mid school style, unfaded)
1997 DK General Lee frame

Offline

 

#16 2018-08-24 10:09am

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

I gave up had bought one used ... sold it. Had Shimano DXR, 44/16, Chris King rear cassette, tried chain tensioners, or not, different chains, different gearing I had laying around, etc. was so tight. With my Cult have like 3/16"


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#17 2018-08-25 6:50pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

S&M website shows all Speedwagons sold out now, 20" and cruiser.

Real news which the Instagram doesn't mention... when is this being released?


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#18 2018-08-25 8:56pm

milhous
Pro Member
From: Marshalltown, IA
Registered: 2009-01-07
Posts: 3265
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Probably late fall/winter at the earliest.


WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
Standard Bykes Gyro Junction
Primo Super Tenderizer pedals (black, 4-slot, NOS or excellent condition only)
Profile 1-1/8" seat clamp (Black, mid school style, unfaded)
1997 DK General Lee frame

Offline

 

#19 2018-08-25 11:20pm

Hawked
Pro Member
Registered: 2017-08-21
Posts: 327

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

lindsay75 wrote:

So how much are these gonna be worth then ?

Not much with a new model coming out and those goofy decals on the top tube tongue

Offline

 

#20 2018-08-26 2:38am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 22472
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 2

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

hmm


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#21 2018-08-27 6:17am

eastcoastflava
Intermediate
From: Providence, RI
Registered: 2007-02-13
Posts: 346

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

milhous wrote:

eastcoastflava wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:


Thanks for the link, I was having no luck finding. Looks like they are addressing both issues chain tensioners build in and chain clearance! I'll be buying one of these bad boys

I just built a speedwagon and today bought a 39/14 combo b/c of chain clearance issues (was prev. 44/16).  Sucks b/c I already chain-slapped the paint off the seat stay.  roll

Can't wait for the new frames to come out, might have to pick one up on the used marked in a couple years.

What hub/crank/bb setup are you running?

I have been running 45/16 with a lot of clearance room on my 2017 version Speedwagon for the last 2 seasons with no issues.

Profile Elite hub, Profile cranks (6" spindle and outboard BB), Profile spline drive spider. With the rear length at approx 14.5".

Profile Mini hubs, DXR cranks, Hawk outboard BB.

39/14 will give me the clearance and the same'ish rollout as my 44.2/16 combo.  Friend of mine (actually the previous owner of my Speedwagon), ran 39/14 with no issues.  I'll post before/after pics once i get the new setup in.


Current Fleet:
2007 Redline Proline 24"
2016 S&M Speedwagon
1994 CycleCraft Pro XL
2010  S&M 38 Special
2014 Trek 9th. District- Road bike

Offline

 

#22 2018-09-06 4:00pm

S&M BEN
Pro Member
From: NE
Registered: 2009-10-10
Posts: 1787
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 26

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Got a mint 21.75” clear raw if anyone is looking!speedwagon


WTB: S&M Redneck xlt stem charcoal and blue
WTB: 1st gen Red Challenger stem
WTB: Orange S&M Tuffman sprocket, xlt seatclamp nickel, blue! Bar tabs"ends" in blue and nickel.
WTB: PL-20 Carrera vinyl toptube pad.

Offline

 

#23 2018-09-24 10:49am

DarthBatman
Pro MemberBag of D, from K
From: Derby, KS
Registered: 2012-10-29
Posts: 5287
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 1

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

blammo585 wrote:

Gangly1 wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

23"? How tall are you?

6'6".  I had been riding a 21.5" class bike for a while with the bars tilted forward a bit.  Just this week I switched to a XXXL CYaa frame.  Seller said it was 23", but I measured closer to 22.5".  I haven't had much time on it, so we'll see how it goes!

OK, that's understandable. When I saw 23", I thought, "This guy likes a long bike." tongue

Man, nothing wrong with some XXXL action smile  Class wise this Yess does it for me smile
Said to be 22.5", but with 23" of rider room.  Ok whatever.  I say with a 60mm stem and an XXXL Frame, it's roughly LONG AF. wink lol
I'm 6'5" and not a huge cruiser guy, so hard for me to make the leap to cruisers like everything keeps hounding me about. But i can def dig on some speedwagon action.  Before I got my XCross 24" as a backup bike i was SUPER tempted to find a 23" Red Speedwagon and do it up Darrell Young style in red/chrome.  some old school flare, with all new S&M awesomeness.


https://bmxmuseum.com/image/cas_73355b633978de_blowup.jpg


I have excellent news for the world: there's no such thing as new wave...

Offline

 

#24 2018-09-24 6:18pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

Wow that bike is, well awesome! Big bike for a big guy.

Weird question, as I like Crupi seatposts but the 27.2mm ones I use are really long like 330mm.
That one on the YESS you have to figure out height and then cut it?

Last edited by brettweir89 (2018-09-24 6:19pm)


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

#25 2019-01-19 3:13pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 2920
Bikes: 3

Re: Is S&M coming out with a new Speedwagon frame?

S&M dropped the Steel Panther BTW, get them quick more than half the sizes/color combinations are already sold out. Too bad they didn't do a Raw finish.

https://www.sandmbikes.com/product/hard … her-frame/


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →