You are not logged in.

WORST packing jobs! Send it!

#51 2019-06-01 1:52pm

Haro-83
Pro MemberTEXAS HILLBILLY
From: East Texas
Signed up: 2009-10-05
Posts: 11893
Bikes: 70
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Some assembly requires yikes
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/35457/3nc3k73lc5t25x55s2a9757c9f634c60018765cf2e5a823.jpg

Last edited by Haro-83 (2019-06-01 1:53pm)


Build it, Ride it & Break it. That what "it" was made for.

Offline

 

#52 2019-06-01 2:15pm

affordablepmc
Pro MemberCollector of Things
From: High Sierra Madre New Mexico
Signed up: 2014-09-02
Posts: 3322
Bikes: 6
Online

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Haro-83 wrote:

Some assembly requires yikes
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/35457/3nc3k73lc5t25x55s2a9757c9f634c60018765cf2e5a823.jpg

yikes
lol
Did it come with a tools required list?

Last edited by affordablepmc (2019-06-01 2:17pm)


Looking for: Peregrine FSX-111 silver caliper, CW Fork with welded pegs, Rear Peregrine Master white, Rear lavender Peregrine Master mag. Rear Peregrine HP48 mint to nos,Rear Pro Class IV white, 401 175 single pinch "drive side".

Online

 

#53 2019-06-01 2:19pm

Tundruz
Pro Member
From: NorCal
Signed up: 2017-01-25
Posts: 825
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

affordablepmc wrote:

yikes
lol
Did it come with a tools required list?

Gorilla tape?


I crash better than I race

Offline

 

#54 2019-06-01 2:33pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
From: Ohio
Signed up: 2006-11-11
Posts: 9844
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

Question,  did any of you leave negative feedback for these?

I think I left a neutral for mine. Got a full refund from the seller after filing a claim with UPS and Paypal.


Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around

Offline

 

#55 2019-06-01 4:50pm

Bandbracing669
Pro Member
From: Central Illinois.
Signed up: 2013-10-11
Posts: 1387
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Dirty Habits wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

Check This One Out...........
Made Me
lol

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 598dc5.jpg

NOS HUTCH NUMBER PLATE

Holy crap did this plate make it threw undamaged ?? Dang !!


80's NUMBER PLATE NUT !!!    IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT HECK YES ITS FOR SALE

Offline

 

#56 2019-06-01 4:56pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Signed up: 2007-06-28
Posts: 33198
Bikes: 87
Website
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

hmm homeless condo ?? or really bad pack job?


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#57 2019-06-01 4:57pm

Bandbracing669
Pro Member
From: Central Illinois.
Signed up: 2013-10-11
Posts: 1387
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

*Survivor City* wrote:

Got this one awhile back. This is how it showed up at my door.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 52ee43.jpg

Hoped for best when I  opened it, but know such luck. I mean come on really what's the paper going to do. WTF
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5414bd.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 541d09.jpg

I love how they used the foam tubing thrown in the box . No sense putting it around the frame tubes or dropouts.  mentally challenged people!!! roll


80's NUMBER PLATE NUT !!!    IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT HECK YES ITS FOR SALE

Offline

 

#58 2019-06-01 7:19pm

BrianLanders
Pro Member
From: Tempe, AZ
Signed up: 2013-08-30
Posts: 1662
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 7
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Shawn_424 wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2c682.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2c8a0.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2c933.jpeg

3 weeks after purchasing some handlebars on eBay I got a message from the seller saying..

I finally found a shipping box the post office would accept. Shipping out today.. Sorry for the delay.

Wonder what the other packaging attempts looked like?! lol

Hahaha!! The story made that one! I actually lol’d


AZ-01 46-50x

Offline

 

#59 2019-06-03 9:52am

AJ Macaroo
Pro MemberThe Professor
Signed up: 2017-11-17
Posts: 5830
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Not terrible, but had me a lil worried. This package just arrived from the UK to the East Coast in two days...ordered it last Friday. Seems it was repackaged...https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248463/2ab6cf27-a887-45f2-a4df-38362aab5ad85cf54ff00b.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248463/7f90d400-dd94-4b11-9805-3fa84e63295a5cf54ff1a1.jpeg

....but I doubted it was going to affect what was inside. These things are heavy duty. $18 a piece. Screaming Deal! https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248463/a26e44bd-2e63-4d5a-aa63-40f486d23e2a5cf5506323.jpeg

Offline

 

#60 2019-06-25 1:30am

bmxkid
Pro Member
From: San Diego, CA
Signed up: 2008-05-23
Posts: 7364
For Sale: 14
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

These were NOS rebel bars with integrated stem and bolt combo 1 bar end was sticking out and the stem bolt was sticking out the bottom makes sense since it was wrapped in trash plastic wrap from some tires the seller bought no real tape bubble wrap or reinforcement just tossed in a box. I contacted the seller and he stated he packed it well and the carrier must have played soccer with it lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15586/20190528_1751505d11d9d95a.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15586/20190528_1309145d11da1d69.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15586/20190528_1308555d11dbfb44.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15586/20190528_1752045d11da8050.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15586/20190529_0049135d11dab46b.jpg

Last edited by bmxkid (2019-06-25 1:37am)

Offline

 

#61 2019-06-25 1:55am

ApolloMkII
Pro MemberWhen I get around to it...
From: Sydney, Australia
Signed up: 2018-02-26
Posts: 4101
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Dirty Habits wrote:

I bet the delivery guy, was this guy!  tongue

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d062a6.gif

lollollol

The Dogs too! lol

Offline

 

#62 2019-06-25 4:15am

Stacked1
Pro Member
From: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Signed up: 2017-09-24
Posts: 137
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

I bought these wheels from a member here with almost 300 feedbacks. Didn’t think I needed to check to make sure he knew how to ship wheels. Received the box with the axle sticking through. Which I can’t understand because they were wrapped in a TRASH BAG! https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/246787/d549b7f5-40a3-483a-b689-7b8e5617e8ec5d12024130.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/246787/9eb93f3e-1e2f-423a-bc89-9eba8213d2ca5d12024445.jpeg

Offline

 

#63 2019-06-30 4:30pm

cyclepathic
Pro Member
From: Salinas California
Signed up: 2018-10-26
Posts: 589
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Stacked1 wrote:

I bought these wheels from a member here with almost 300 feedbacks. Didn’t think I needed to check to make sure he knew how to ship wheels. Received the box with the axle sticking through. Which I can’t understand because they were wrapped in a TRASH BAG! https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 24130.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 24445.jpeg

Wtf?!! What purpose do the garbage bags serve?

Offline

 

#64 2019-06-30 5:19pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Signed up: 2007-06-28
Posts: 33198
Bikes: 87
Website
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

cyclepathic wrote:

Stacked1 wrote:

I bought these wheels from a member here with almost 300 feedbacks. Didn’t think I needed to check to make sure he knew how to ship wheels. Received the box with the axle sticking through. Which I can’t understand because they were wrapped in a TRASH BAG! https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 24130.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 24445.jpeg

Wtf?!! What purpose do the garbage bags serve?

just a guess to keep rims from rubbing rim on rim.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#65 2019-06-30 6:11pm

GT_Junkie
Pro Member
From: So Cal
Signed up: 2014-11-19
Posts: 2274
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 14
Online

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

I was heartbroken when I pulled this out of the box sad
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/215975/20190213_1615335d195dce2c.jpg


www.flitebmx.com
Still Made in the USA 🇺🇸

Online

 

#66 2019-06-30 7:12pm

cobra_standard
Pro Member
From: Los Angeles
Signed up: 2008-05-30
Posts: 1944
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

Count me in...
best handlebar pack job ever.
**looking for nice old MX bars for your cruiser build??
***beware eBay used motorcycle part sellers make used bicycle part sellers look like Boy Scouts..  lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15867/1a032b21-8639-46a3-b4a8-305e106f3bc15d196c6202.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/15867/5329a8a8-9b4a-4076-b2e7-58b45da7d0325d196ae15a.jpeg

Last edited by cobra_standard (2019-06-30 7:14pm)

Offline

 

#67 2019-06-30 8:13pm

Capn_Crunch
Pro Member
From: Outer Space
Signed up: 2008-03-01
Posts: 4413
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

I bought some CW bars on eBay.  All that arrived was a piece of cardboard folded in half with some tape and my address written on it.  Then a couple days later a set of CW handlebars showed up on my doorstep with no explanation and no packaging. I could only guess they were already haning out when the mailman picked them up to deliver and they fell out in the truck at some point.


Anyone know how to get spray paint out of a baby's eyes?

Offline

 

#68 2019-06-30 9:14pm

cobra_standard
Pro Member
From: Los Angeles
Signed up: 2008-05-30
Posts: 1944
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

GT_Junkie wrote:

I was heartbroken when I pulled this out of the box sad
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5dce2c.jpg

Hopefully some exacto surgery and careful number/decal placement made that plate useable.  Still sucks though I hope the seller made good..

Offline

 

#69 2019-06-30 10:41pm

GT_Junkie
Pro Member
From: So Cal
Signed up: 2014-11-19
Posts: 2274
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 14
Online

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

cobra_standard wrote:

GT_Junkie wrote:

I was heartbroken when I pulled this out of the box sad
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5dce2c.jpg

Hopefully some exacto surgery and careful number/decal placement made that plate useable.  Still sucks though I hope the seller made good..

I tried to zip tie it back for a bit to get shape back. I squeezed the bubbles out but slight creases still visible. As for seller...I don't know what he was thinking. Lol


www.flitebmx.com
Still Made in the USA 🇺🇸

Online

 

#70 2019-06-30 10:43pm

GT_Junkie
Pro Member
From: So Cal
Signed up: 2014-11-19
Posts: 2274
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 14
Online

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

cobra_standard wrote:

Count me in...
best handlebar pack job ever.
**looking for nice old MX bars for your cruiser build??
***beware eBay used motorcycle part sellers make used bicycle part sellers look like Boy Scouts..  lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c6202.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ae15a.jpeg

Wow, I think this one takes the cake lol


www.flitebmx.com
Still Made in the USA 🇺🇸

Online

 

#71 2019-07-01 12:18pm

cobra_standard
Pro Member
From: Los Angeles
Signed up: 2008-05-30
Posts: 1944
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

GT_Junkie wrote:

cobra_standard wrote:

Count me in...
best handlebar pack job ever.
**looking for nice old MX bars for your cruiser build??
***beware eBay used motorcycle part sellers make used bicycle part sellers look like Boy Scouts..  lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c6202.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ae15a.jpeg

Wow, I think this one takes the cake lol

right?!  My first thought was, "is this a bad joke?" or was this done by a drunk lunatic?

Offline

 

#72 2019-07-01 9:19pm

GT_Junkie
Pro Member
From: So Cal
Signed up: 2014-11-19
Posts: 2274
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 14
Online

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

cobra_standard wrote:

GT_Junkie wrote:

cobra_standard wrote:

Count me in...
best handlebar pack job ever.
**looking for nice old MX bars for your cruiser build??
***beware eBay used motorcycle part sellers make used bicycle part sellers look like Boy Scouts..  lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c6202.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ae15a.jpeg

Wow, I think this one takes the cake lol

right?!  My first thought was, "is this a bad joke?" or was this done by a drunk lunatic?

lollollol


www.flitebmx.com
Still Made in the USA 🇺🇸

Online

 

#73 2019-07-01 9:30pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Signed up: 2007-06-28
Posts: 33198
Bikes: 87
Website
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

cobra_standard wrote:

Count me in...
best handlebar pack job ever.
**looking for nice old MX bars for your cruiser build??
***beware eBay used motorcycle part sellers make used bicycle part sellers look like Boy Scouts..  lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c6202.jpeg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ae15a.jpeg

he most work for a shipping company? how ells woul they let that ship out like that?


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#74 2019-07-01 9:39pm

Grimm
Museum Addict
From: CO
Signed up: 2009-06-08
Posts: 1092
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

usps destroyed this mint 350x tank. was super bummed when i saw box on porch.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/30466/20190701_1659525d1adf0662.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/30466/20190701_1700225d1adf4742.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/30466/20190701_1700345d1adf809a.jpg

Offline

 

#75 2019-07-01 9:39pm

Tundruz
Pro Member
From: NorCal
Signed up: 2017-01-25
Posts: 825
Offline

Re: WORST packing jobs! Send it!

GT_Junkie wrote:

cobra_standard wrote:

GT_Junkie wrote:

I was heartbroken when I pulled this out of the box sad
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5dce2c.jpg

Hopefully some exacto surgery and careful number/decal placement made that plate useable.  Still sucks though I hope the seller made good..

I tried to zip tie it back for a bit to get shape back. I squeezed the bubbles out but slight creases still visible. As for seller...I don't know what he was thinking. Lol

I'd stay away from any knife,  use a plastic squeegee applicator with heat. Try a hair dryer first, then if needed a real heat gun. 

Bummer, looked like a nice plate too


I crash better than I race

Offline

 

Board footer