You are not logged in.

stash84's bikes have been STOLEN (Biggest bike heist in bmx history!)  RSS Feed

#26 2018-07-24 7:52pm

TheRadLad

Re: stash84's bikes have been STOLEN (Biggest bike heist in bmx history!)

Who exactly owned the bikes at the time they were stolen?
Why are we hearing about it a month later?
I know that part of the city and you cant go half a block before a camera records you and taking that many bikes at one time unseen is not possible.
#insidejob

#27 2018-07-25 12:22pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
Bikes: 31

perront wrote:

As far as assessing the value of each bike, I imagine the Museum's Sold sections would probably be the best resource.  I wouldn't let an insurance company tell you anything different.  Maybe try PMing a staff member to see how you might best go about getting it done because -- judging from the number of bikes involved -- that would be a cumbersome and time consuming task.  Maybe they'll allow you to start some sort of "what's it worth" thread that would be limited to this specific incident.

Sorry buy the sold section (for value) is an absolute joke. EVERY post has to be marked as sold when relisted so only like one out of every twenty sold listing is a legit sale. I've been whining about this forever. There needs to be a "didnt sell and relisted" tag where only the truly "sold" stuff goes in the sold section. I can list a complete $1500 bike for $25,000 and then mark it sold, and there will be some moron that sees it and thinks it really was worth $25k......

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, GJS, Navajo, Nomura and GHP!

I'm NOT your "Bud" or "Bro". Call me by my name.

BMX Museum: Where every seller thinks it's the buyers responsibility to pay the seller's Paypal fees when THE SELLER's are the one listing stuff they want to sell. PRICELESS.

#28 2018-07-25 1:37pm

ohiobmx
Post Restriction

This is horrible.  Let me know what I can do to help.  I have some good contacts in FLA, but mostly in the Laudie and Naples area.

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

#29 2018-07-25 2:37pm

Scraplord
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 13
Website

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Sorry buy the sold section (for value) is an absolute joke. EVERY post has to be marked as sold when relisted so only like one out of every twenty sold listing is a legit sale. I've been whining about this forever. There needs to be a "didnt sell and relisted" tag where only the truly "sold" stuff goes in the sold section. I can list a complete $1500 bike for $25,000 and then mark it sold, and there will be some moron that sees it and thinks it really was worth $25k......

I don`t think you understand how the for sale section works. The for sale sold section is a very valuable reference tool and is very accurate. You are not allowed to mark a post sold and then repost it. That`s against the rules. Some items are sold for a lower price or outside of the museum. You can easily identify those because there won`t be a buyer`s name in the post. The ones that are marked sold to (insert username) are actual sales at actual sale price.
I think you must be confused with ebay or the meat swap section.

Still searching for my missing bikes from BITD. 1979 Blue Max serial: CI9 221346 and 1977 Webco serial: 42667. Both were last seen at Spoke and Sport Bicycles in Spokane, WA around 1984. $600 reward if found!!

"Have you ever noticed that other people`s stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?" - George Carlin

WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH CHURCH. HE WILL WASTE YOUR TIME. AVOID AT ALL COST!

#30 2018-07-25 4:45pm

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 20

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

perront wrote:

As far as assessing the value of each bike, I imagine the Museum's Sold sections would probably be the best resource.  I wouldn't let an insurance company tell you anything different.  Maybe try PMing a staff member to see how you might best go about getting it done because -- judging from the number of bikes involved -- that would be a cumbersome and time consuming task.  Maybe they'll allow you to start some sort of "what's it worth" thread that would be limited to this specific incident.

Good point.  Definitely not 100% reliable, but at least it's somewhat reliable when an actual buyer's name is shown.  I've used it to such effect with The Pull, and have gotten pretty good results.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#31 2018-07-25 5:35pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
Bikes: 31

Scraplord wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

I don`t think you understand how the for sale section works. The for sale sold section is a very valuable reference tool and is very accurate. You are not allowed to mark a post sold and then repost it. That`s against the rules. Some items are sold for a lower price or outside of the museum. You can easily identify those because there won`t be a buyer`s name in the post. The ones that are marked sold to (insert username) are actual sales at actual sale price.

I was specifically speaking about the swap meet section. Sorry. Ive had WAY more luck selling there than the beta FS section, but on a related note, there is PLENTY of stuff in the For sale section  marked sold  that wasnt ever sold either.

Not what this thread is about though. Sorry for derailling it with my rant

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2018-07-25 5:36pm)

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, GJS, Navajo, Nomura and GHP!

I'm NOT your "Bud" or "Bro". Call me by my name.

BMX Museum: Where every seller thinks it's the buyers responsibility to pay the seller's Paypal fees when THE SELLER's are the one listing stuff they want to sell. PRICELESS.

#32 2018-07-25 10:59pm

stash84
R.I.P
Bikes: 29

Hello BMX Community. Our family is once again devastated. This time being that Stan's (STASH84) prized possessions were stolen at the carelessness of his supposed friend who was storing the bikes for my family and I. I just updated the bikes on my brothers BMX Museum. You will see a STOLEN!!! description next to the Description of the bikes/frames that were stolen. 4 bikes were left in our possession in which I marked STILL IN MY POSSESSION. The others he sold previously are still marked Sold! I also just acquired the Serial Numbers to almost all the bikes that were stolen. I will be reporting this to the Miami Police finally that I have the serial numbers, as well as to as many Bike Shops I can possibly reach. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Look out for parts being sold as well. The thieves also stole most of his bike parts and may be breaking down the bikes for parts as well. The description and parts used to build the bikes are detailed in the STASH84 BMX Museum. Thank You for your concerns and for you help in solving this matter. I am deciding on a Reward amount for leads that lead us to recovering the bikes. One bike/part can lead us to all of them so please be on the lookout. As of now $5k Reward sound reasonable for any lead to all the bikes. If only one or some of the bikes are recovered we will Pro Rate the Reward per Bike. Contact us and/or call the Police if you have any information /and or whereabouts of Stans stolen priceless possessions.

Thanks A Million,
Chris Putnam (Stash84's lil bro)

HELP FIND MY STOLEN BIKES!!! $5K Reward

#33 2018-07-25 11:13pm

affordablepmc
Pro MemberCollector of Things
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 9

Ah my heart just sank seeing a post from stash84. neutral
Been on the look out since I heard.
Good luck Chris and my best to the family.
smile

R.I.P. : "Stash84"    2-21-18                     
            "Treats"      5-05-18
            "Macha"      8-24-18

#34 2018-07-25 11:31pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
For Sale: 4

stash84 wrote:

Hello BMX Community. Our family is once again devastated. This time being that Stan's (STASH84) prized possessions were stolen at the carelessness of his supposed friend who was storing the bikes for my family and I. I just updated the bikes on my brothers BMX Museum. You will see a STOLEN!!! description next to the Description of the bikes/frames that were stolen. 4 bikes were left in our possession in which I marked STILL IN MY POSSESSION. The others he sold previously are still marked Sold! I also just acquired the Serial Numbers to almost all the bikes that were stolen. I will be reporting this to the Miami Police finally that I have the serial numbers, as well as to as many Bike Shops I can possibly reach. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Look out for parts being sold as well. The thieves also stole most of his bike parts and may be breaking down the bikes for parts as well. The description and parts used to build the bikes are detailed in the STASH84 BMX Museum. Thank You for your concerns and for you help in solving this matter. I am deciding on a Reward amount for leads that lead us to recovering the bikes. One bike/part can lead us to all of them so please be on the lookout. As of now $5k Reward sound reasonable for any lead to all the bikes. If only one or some of the bikes are recovered we will Pro Rate the Reward per Bike. Contact us and/or call the Police if you have any information /and or whereabouts of Stans stolen priceless possessions.

Thanks A Million,
Chris Putnam (Stash84's lil bro)

Hi Chris, hang in there man!

Make sure you check with pawn/consignment shops, too.  See if they care enough to look for the SN's but frequent visits looking for the bikes would be a good idea.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------

#35 2018-07-26 1:20am

stash84
R.I.P

btw. To clear up anyone's question to why I had not informed the BMX museum before. I was not informed about the bikes being stolen until almost a week after the suspected date. The guy storing them for me was out of town that weekend and suspects it happened during an art event held there that Saturday June 23rd, 2018. I never had gone on here (BMX Museum) before and I originally started a report on 529 Garage. I then had a problem with that account (529 Garage) in which I couldn't log in and I also read that without the serial numbers it will be nearly impossible to claim the bikes were mine. At the same time the building owner was compliant and I was convinced that he would get to the bottom of this. We started questioning the hosts of the event and we gave him a time frame to come up with answers and for the return of the bikes before we call the Police. I had no serials at this point and we were hoping to get word on the bikes ourselves after one host claimed he saw a crew member upstairs where the bikes were held and that that person also had left that night with a red crate. The next day, The owner of the buildings mother ended up in the hospital having brain surgery and putting pressure on his circle and regards for the bikes nearly disappeared. So after the host got no info out of the suspect and there was no signs of getting the bikes back. I reached back out to Billy with the terrible news in which I was very embarrassed /ashamed to share. He eventually reached out for me and advised that I get on Stans computer which is automatically logged in to BMX Museum and retrieve the serial numbers from the bike edit option. Now I have the evidence to link the bikes if they are found and can finally take full action.

I had a lot of people calling texting me about purchasing these bikes right after Stans passing because our other little brother Gary (I dont know why) started to offer the bikes without my say. I was dealing with so many other responsibilities after Stans death (being the one in which he wanted to inherit everything) that selling his prized possessions were the last thing on my mind. So when I told Gary I was not selling them yet, he passed my contact info to everybody interested. I definitely was not ready for this. So I learned of people who had sentimental interests and even some who were involved in decisions cosmetically on the bikes along side my brother. I promised those friends that I will try my best to consider them before anyone else, if and when I decide to sell the bikes. I will be honest with you, the flood of people contacting me became very irritating as I was dealing with so much including preparing for my second sons birth. Bmx bikes kind of became an irritating subject to me and I definitely was not ready to make those decisions yet and couldn't even handle the calls, texts, and emails pouring in(especially being that I work the graveyard shift and sleep throughout the day). Therefore I really wasn't in a rush to sell them especially when now selling the bikes included to choose and listen to every bodies reason why they should deserve to purchase one of Stan's bikes.

Besides, Stan also was owed a significant amount of money from his supposed friend that was storing the bikes for me. I was told I would receive the monies in July at latest, after he receives a lawsuit settlement. I even offered him to deduct rent from storing the bikes/my bros belongings along with accommodating my recording studio that I eventually moved into the building. We had not came up with an official area that would be permanent for the studio, so no numbers were ever spoken about how much the cost would be. I've been limited to use of the studio because the room where I have my studio started becoming used for many other things including even storage of items when there was an event taking place and they needed space. So no agreement was ever made upon the deduction for the Music Studio nor the storage of my brothers belongings except that initially the building owner offered 6 months storage free of charge while I figured out the next destination for my bros belongings. Little did I know that my brothers belongings were being moved as well (by interns and friends that the building owner trusted) and I was never informed nor asked to move my deceased brothers belongings. So, after I was informed of the bikes being stolen, I went to do inventory on the rest of Stan's belongings. I found that his clothes were being used. His shoe collection was hidden under an Art companies works (stashed) hoping to be left behind unnoticed. Later I even found that somebody staying in the building was even sleeping on my dead brothers bed and wearing his clothes. So this has inside job written all over it and hopefully we can bring these sick individuals to justice.

#36 2018-07-26 1:24am

stash84
R.I.P

I also had wrote BMX officials thru the Contact option below asking for help in accessing the serial numbers. i never still to this day have received a response. That was like last week. Thanks Christos and Billy for helping me retrieve the serial numbers.

#37 2018-07-26 1:39am

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
Website

very saddened to hear of this ........my best wish,s on catching those responsible sad

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#38 2018-07-26 8:39am

affordablepmc
Pro MemberCollector of Things
For Sale: 9

Scraplord wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

I think past sales are an acurate reference. Not all but the others are pretty obvious.

I can only speak for myself. If I work out a deal on a for sale item thru messaging and the deal is made, or if I sell elsewhere, I then mark the price it was "sold at" before marking it Sold.

If an item doesn't sell, then I think the "buy it now" should disabled and price. set to $0 before marking it sold.

Anyway, wrong thread for this topic but had to put my 2 cents in.

R.I.P. : "Stash84"    2-21-18                     
            "Treats"      5-05-18
            "Macha"      8-24-18

#39 2018-07-26 10:05am

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
For Sale: 4

stash84 wrote:

I also had wrote BMX officials thru the Contact option below asking for help in accessing the serial numbers. i never still to this day have received a response. That was like last week. Thanks Christos and Billy for helping me retrieve the serial numbers.

My pleasure. I wish there is more I could do. I considered Stan a friend.

I wish you the best.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991

#40 2018-07-26 11:00pm

TheRadLad

Its crystal clear what happened here. The person storing the bikes has removed them and has fabricated a story that they were stolen. With all do respect, negligence on the deceased family for allowing an "acquaintance at best" to oversee a lost family members cherished items...

#41 2018-07-27 12:11am

4inCycle
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about everything you're dealing with. I had a bike stolen before and it sucked a big one. This is definitely not a fun way to get into bikes, but I hope you can push past it and find some good experiences. I'm sure your bro only had the best intentions. Best of luck and I'll be looking out!
Dave

#42 2018-07-28 4:42am

Chip
Pro MemberChip @ C4 Labs
Website

I provided someone in the family with an accurate full retail appraisal of each bike individually, as well as a lot, back in February

Phone 302-562-4669
C4LabsPC@aol.com

#43 2018-07-28 4:54am

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 20

Chip wrote:

I provided someone in the family with an accurate full retail appraisal of each bike individually, as well as a lot, back in February

Wow.  Hope this pushes things along in the right direction.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#44 2018-07-28 9:04am

knightindullarmor
Pro MemberDirty Jungle Cupcake Love

perront wrote:

Chip wrote:

Wow.  Hope this pushes things along in the right direction.

+1 could be a promising lead, best of luck in finding whoever is responsible.

44T 4EVER
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

#45 2018-07-28 6:12pm

TheRadLad

Too bad the value of the bikes means absolutely nothing at this point.

#46 2018-08-07 2:31pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

What is the latest on this?

#47 2018-09-11 4:37pm

sillyBilly
Centurion Member
Bikes: 2

IDK I can't get ahold of Chris

Miyagi-Do-BMX 4 life

#48 2018-09-11 4:59pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberLIFE AIN'T NOTHING BUT "BITCHES & $$$”
Bikes: 42
For Sale: 25

Chip wrote:

That Was cool Of You...

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/26wxcdHG/picmonkey-collage-jpg1-zpshb1zawse595ac8a641-830x100595acd4bd3.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#49 2018-09-11 7:29pm

CanyonCrusher
Pro MemberThe Museum Analcologist

Wow, I’m just now seeing this thread and this is very saddening. Some people have a certain place reserved for them in hell and the thief that took stan’s bikes definitely has a seat waiting for him. As far as tracking them down, I would suggest keeping an eye on the local CL and eBay for local sales, maybe they’ll turn up. Also try downloading selling apps such as LetGo or other ones that the A-hole could possibly post on. Who knows maybe you’ll get a hit and can track them down. Best of luck catching that SOB and keep us posted, I’ll have my fingers crossed for you!

“It was more than just a hug Hawkeye, she hugged the stuffing out of me!!” -Willam Christopher/Father Mulcahy

“Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happy hour.” -Alan Alda/Hawkeye Pierce

“As usual, I'm writing slowly because I know you can't read fast.” -Gary Burghoff/Radar O’Reilly

#50 2018-09-25 4:59pm

dcanniz1
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Scraplord wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

#fakenews. Prices get edited up all the time from actual sale if a buyer doesn’t click through.  Or it’s msrkensold and reposted. Happens constantly

Don’t be a snowflake.  Don’t like a comment? Ignore it and move on or man up and address it.  Peace out.

Board footer

View Cart →