#52 2018-06-06 12:23pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 8

Re: Colony Ozone frame!

jay_bmxer wrote:

This has nothing to do with Colony but I love this photo

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 33be55.jpg

Yea, Pete Brant...he still rides and better than ever.  Guy is a genious!

Increase the Peace

#53 2018-06-06 12:23pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 69

crj1968 wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

Cool....but...brake bosses should be up top...other wise chain hits brakes with small sprocket....right?

If the frame is designed properly, there is clearance for 25/9 gearing using a good u-brake like EVO-II's.  I prefer SS brake mounts as well but there are a lot of newer frames running CS brakes with micro gearing these days without a problem.

I see...but why not just put them on the SS ?  No make sense for me.

colony  seams to like them down there up would be more like th OS. so maybe it's to keep from being sued do to copy wright.
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00084_zpsc3pnuhjf56cce75074_blowup.jpg

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#54 2018-06-06 12:31pm

jriedmiller
Bikes: 19

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

If the frame is designed properly, there is clearance for 25/9 gearing using a good u-brake like EVO-II's.  I prefer SS brake mounts as well but there are a lot of newer frames running CS brakes with micro gearing these days without a problem.

colony  seams to like them down there up would be more like th OS. so maybe it's to keep from being sued do to copy wright.
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00084_zp … blowup.jpg

On the '18 Prody the brakes are back up on the seat stays.  Speaking of the Prody, the specs for the OZ-ONE are essentially identical to it everywhere except the TT lengths.  So it seems reasonable to assume it's a modified Prody with DTT and smaller front triangle in both cases.

Buying high and selling low for decades!

#55 2018-06-06 12:37pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

jriedmiller wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc00084_zp … blowup.jpg

On the '18 Prody the brakes are back up on the seat stays.  Speaking of the Prody, the specs for the OZ-ONE are essentially identical to it everywhere except the TT lengths.  So it seems reasonable to assume it's a modified Prody with DTT and smaller front triangle in both cases.

cool sounds like they could have put brakes up top. this frame will look sick with the colony Q bars

#56 2018-06-06 12:38pm

flatland1974
Pro MemberOzone Hole Plugger
For Sale: 114

Thanks guy's...it rides like a dream!!!......Don't forget Ric's Ozone tribute....he was the FIRST to do it!!!..We started at the same time but the French guy's did it faster than my guy...I rode it...a bit longer than I'm use to ..but Ric is a TALL dude..http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/77641/10257069_267436216769808_5588123154353861044_o_zpsb918c0665b1837e8eb.jpg
.Here is some more Ozone Love...http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/77641/sdfghjk5b183659c6.png
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/77641/12249796_10153225199839290_6614690319590862323_n5b18381d55.jpg

Taking NOS to POS since 1984!!!!!

#57 2018-06-06 12:45pm

azaussie
Pro Member
Bikes: 16

Great. Just when I thought I was finally done trying to relearn any flatland tricks this frame comes along to taunt me.

#58 2018-06-06 1:07pm

Lou4130
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

We really need to combine these two threads. My fingers are getting whiplash lol.

Haha..i posted this litterally 1 minute before Brett lol

HARO BIKES "First in freestyle"

#59 2018-06-06 1:30pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Lou4130 wrote:

justlive wrote:

We really need to combine these two threads. My fingers are getting whiplash lol.

Lou it looks like Brett beat you by 2 minutes. big_smile

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

#60 2018-06-06 1:35pm

flatland1974

JHARJO wrote:

Lou4130 wrote:

justlive wrote:

Lou it looks like Brett beat you by 2 minutes. big_smile

Looks like I beat everybody by....4.5 YEARS!!!lol
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=568847

#61 2018-06-06 1:37pm

blammo585
Museum Addict

This is a cool frame, but isn't it odd that this is being made, by Colony any way? I know these have a cult following now, but the originals couldn't have sold but so well or they would have continued making them, right? I just find it odd that Colony is retro-ing a bike they don't have an affiliation with (that I know of). They could have made this same frame and called it anything, and we would still be saying it's cool.

I'm not putting this down or the Ozone, but I think this frame could have stood on its own name.

#62 2018-06-06 1:57pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life

blammo585 wrote:

This is a cool frame, but isn't it odd that this is being made, by Colony any way? I know these have a cult following now, but the originals couldn't have sold but so well or they would have continued making them, right? I just find it odd that Colony is retro-ing a bike they don't have an affiliation with (that I know of). They could have made this same frame and called it anything, and we would still be saying it's cool.

I'm not putting this down or the Ozone, but I think this frame could have stood on its own name.

I think Colony is bringing back iconic freestyle parts that helped mold to what it is today....like the Peregrine bar....s and the frame Freek posted.  They wont be profiting big bucks on this since it is a limited frame. If Ozone stayed in business all these years we might have seen them do a retro like this, to compete with all the radness Haro came out with.

Increase the Peace

#63 2018-06-06 2:00pm

cbrstar
Pro Member

blammo585 wrote:

Maybe someone at Colony got to ride a Ozone and thought that it was awesome and decided it needed a tribute. I know if I owned a bike company there would be a few frames I would bring back for limited runs

#64 2018-06-06 2:03pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life

blammo585 wrote:

Oh... you mean why the Ozone not another frame?  I think the answer is Ozone was only around a few years but made such a big impact in the last days of Freestyle in 89-90, before freestyle boomed again.  There were others but these frames are super hard to find.  I cant really think of another frame that couldn't be bought easily with a couple days of searching.  Bob bought all the Ozones!

Not only that but its 2018 and perfect for an 88 Ozone retro.

Increase the Peace

#65 2018-06-06 2:06pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life

cbrstar wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

Maybe someone at Colony got to ride a Ozone and thought that it was awesome and decided it needed a tribute. I know if I owned a bike company there would be a few frames I would bring back for limited runs

2018/88 PFT!  YES! ......  2018/88 Redline RL20ii!   YES! ....       87 Kuwahara Bravo Pro!   YES!

89 Bully?  Really not many more in 87-88 as iconic .... ?

Increase the Peace

#66 2018-06-06 2:08pm

made2drag
BMXer 4 Life

GT, Redline and Kuwahara might not want Colony to retro their stuff.  lol  Ozone has been outta the game for decades though.

Increase the Peace

#67 2018-06-06 2:14pm

lg1
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

blammo585 wrote:

i don't know...pretty big/vocal cult following. must be a reason.

pants first, then shoes

#68 2018-06-06 3:49pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

made2drag wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

I think Colony is bringing back iconic freestyle parts that helped mold to what it is today....like the Peregrine bar....s and the frame Freek posted.  They wont be profiting big bucks on this since it is a limited frame. If Ozone stayed in business all these years we might have seen them do a retro like this, to compete with all the radness Haro came out with.

the frame I posted is a new school vershion of the bike they made back in 1995 with there first rider owned bike company that's why it's called prody. that was the name of there first bike company. this new stuff is a cash grab gamble. that's why limited numbers. but may be one of the owners road for OZONE that would make more cents. because the new owner of Peregrine has not yet got off his ass and mad the bars every one on here. has been asking for. colony went and did it big_smile cool

#69 2018-06-06 4:42pm

blammo585
Museum Addict

I saw the bars Colony made a few weeks ago. I didn't know anything about them. I used to have some Q bars. It always pissed me off every time I looked at them because they were not made straight.

#70 2018-06-06 4:47pm

azaussie
Pro Member
Bikes: 16

made2drag wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

Oh... you mean why the Ozone not another frame?  I think the answer is Ozone was only around a few years but made such a big impact in the last days of Freestyle in 89-90, before freestyle boomed again.  There were others but these frames are super hard to find.  I cant really think of another frame that couldn't be bought easily with a couple days of searching.  Bob bought all the Ozones!

As I recall Clint Millar (Colony owner) was just getting into freestyle during the late 80's so he probably has a soft spot for some of the bikes that he remembers from that time period.

#71 2018-06-06 6:45pm

flatland1974

made2drag wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

A couple days????lol....try YEARS!
And I didn't but them all..( I only have 1-2 of them)...lol...I have passed on many through the years ..and hooking up many buds with gear...info...decals..pics...and where to buy one...but not to all.
There's a lot of info I will share with you guy's about it's past...and present...but I'm just hanging back a bit to see what gets said around here.

#72 2018-06-06 6:51pm

blammo585
Museum Addict

flatland1974 wrote:

made2drag wrote:

blammo585 wrote:

A couple days????lol....try YEARS!
And I didn't but them all..( I only have 1-2 of them)...lol...I have passed on many through the years ..and hooking up many buds with gear...info...decals..pics...and where to buy one...but not to all.
There's a lot of info I will share with you guy's about it's past...and present...but I'm just hanging back a bit to see what gets said around here.

I think made2drag means any other old bike you could find in a couple days of searching but would take much longer to find an Ozone.

#73 2018-06-06 6:57pm

71cutlasss
Pro MemberMags are the best ever!

Put down my deposit on one today. My wife will be super excited to find that out.

I am a 16yr plumber and will trade my services for your bmx goods! (Colorado front range only)

“As a side note, if I had to read a thread where arata82 and freestyle freek were both posting, my head would explode”

#74 2018-06-06 8:03pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

71cutlasss wrote:

Put down my deposit on one today. My wife will be super excited to find that out.

so what size did you pre order?

#75 2018-06-06 8:06pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

pwh4130 wrote:

I know people have a love affair with Ozone bikes.  Well, Colony is doing a modern version.  Just saw this on FB.

http://flatlandfuel.com/colonyoz-oneframe.aspx
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22582/screen-shot-2018-06-06-at-10.02.27-am5b17e98d54.png

Board footer

View Cart →