You are not logged in.

What is pissing you off? (BMX stuff only)  RSS Feed

#1 2018-03-28 6:11am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 13

What is pissing you off? (BMX stuff only)

So we have a thread like this on another forum I frequent. Only it's called FML, but I hate that term. Any way, this is pissing me off.. Finding out that due to the way my frame works I can not use a carbon post. It has a mech that pulls in two circular shaped pieces to hold the post in (no clamp) and crushes the sodding post sad

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/41840/dsc002945abb94685b.jpg

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#2 2018-03-28 6:47am

zman0803
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Re: What is pissing you off? (BMX stuff only)

People

#3 2018-03-28 6:51am

jriedmiller
ModeratorBuildoff Guru
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 1

The weather is what's pissing me off, haven't had a nice day in months.  I have bikes that need to be ridden!

Last edited by jriedmiller (2018-03-28 6:51am)

Buying high and selling low for decades!

#4 2018-03-28 6:54am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 72
For Sale: 3
Website

jriedmiller wrote:

The weather is what's pissing me off, haven't had a nice day in months.  I have bikes that need to be ridden!

+1 on the weather. I can only play in the garage for so long

Be Kind. Leave Feedback.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b65cd1c79e64.jpg[/img]

#5 2018-03-28 8:31am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 13

I hear you guys on that one. My hands are freezing as I type this and apparently we're all set for a white Easter here in the UK.

FFS.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#6 2018-03-28 9:25am

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

Lol you guys complaining of the weather.It's spring here! The trees already sprouted leaves,Japanese cherry blossoms are in half bloom and the daffodils are full and yellow.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing ugly crater face racist snitch!

#7 2018-03-28 9:33am

Eric DeCastro
Museum Addict
Website

I'm pissed at our weather here too.  it already rain twice here all winter.  that is stupid weather.  and it is freezing here in the evening, 60F what is the world coming to?

Righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.

#8 2018-03-28 9:39am

ChattyMatty
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 13

Cool bikes, shit budget.

#9 2018-03-28 9:49am

cbrstar
Pro Member

Fork issues...  I just picked up a Hutch Trickstar but the forks are bent. Then my other project a General Hustler Pro but the last owner cut the stem and then tried to drill the post out, so now it's going to take a hydraulic press to get the stem out. I can't wait to ride both of them and it's driving me nuts!

#10 2018-03-28 9:52am

Mid-School Washout
Expert
Bikes: 1

foreign cookie cutter off the shelf bikes

China and Taiwan can't come close to touching what Standard produces.

Pull Magazine May 2017 Vol. 07 Issue 4 Page 74

#11 2018-03-28 9:55am

jriedmiller
ModeratorBuildoff Guru

spyker wrote:

Lol you guys complaining of the weather.It's spring here! The trees already sprouted leaves,Japanese cherry blossoms are in half bloom and the daffodils are full and yellow.

Where are you located?  I've got a buddy in Victoria and sounds like the weather there as well.  It's relatively mild here in Ohio but it's been pissing down rain all week.  As soon as it dries up it'll be cold and windy again I'm sure.

#12 2018-03-28 10:44am

tacochris
Pro Member

since you said "bmx stuff only" I will weigh in...

The thing that pisses me off:

Post a bike= 300 comments ranging from "omg I love it....wow I wish I had one....let me know if its for sale.....is this for sale....can I buy this bike.....give me this bike.....I want your bike........heart emoticons and all manner of nonsense posts.

Post same bike for sale= *crickets......and one comment "trades??"

.....and yes, posted for well under "retail"...Lol

Just an oldschool minitrucker and bmx kid doing what i do....
Proud "Klunker" hater.....

"...I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol days...before you've actually left em..."      -Andy Bernard

#13 2018-03-28 10:50am

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 2

Kurt_Rad wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

+1 on the weather. I can only play in the garage for so long

Good way to up your flatland skills being confined to a garage cool

#14 2018-03-28 10:51am

spyker

jriedmiller wrote:

spyker wrote:

Where are you located?  I've got a buddy in Victoria and sounds like the weather there as well.  It's relatively mild here in Ohio but it's been pissing down rain all week.  As soon as it dries up it'll be cold and windy again I'm sure.

I live within a ferry ride away from Victoria in the same province.I don't complain one bit compared to the rest of the weather in Canada.Sure it rains a crap load here,but the weather is extremely mild,the rain keeps everything green and clean,humidity is nice.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing ugly crater face racist snitch!

#15 2018-03-28 11:23am

jriedmiller
ModeratorBuildoff Guru

spyker wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

spyker wrote:

I live within a ferry ride away from Victoria in the same province.I don't complain one bit compared to the rest of the weather in Canada.Sure it rains a crap load here,but the weather is extremely mild,the rain keeps everything green and clean,humidity is nice.

I'll take mild weather with rain most of the year over super hot summers and crappy winters any day.  My buddy's biggest complaint is the cost of living there but I guess you get what you pay for.

#16 2018-03-28 11:30am

spyker

jriedmiller wrote:

spyker wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

I'll take mild weather with rain most of the year over super hot summers and crappy winters any day.  My buddy's biggest complaint is the cost of living there but I guess you get what you pay for.

The cost of living here is a huge understatement when people mention it.Just to give you a idea what it's like here,we pay the highest price for gasoline in North America.The highest I've seen it so far was over a week ago at 1.56 a liter.The cost of living here is astronomical,ask your buddy,he will tell you all about it.

#17 2018-03-28 11:50am

Pirate_Duck
Pro Member

The Human Body is pretty high on my pissed off list currently. My knee is totally trashed waiting to see a surgeon.

Whilst I wait out my physical sentence, I've been watching Bike Check videos & such on YouTube & I was blown away by how many Pros have literally no idea what they're riding! Most of them can't build their own bikes & have friends at Shops or Distro's put them together!! One guy was complaining about how he'd collected his Peg Sleeves but he only had 40 minutes until he was due to meet someone to ride & didn't have enough time to change over his Peg Sleeves before he met them!

#18 2018-03-28 11:55am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberMy mother was a Witch, she was burned alive
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 28

Picture from my driveway....
Gotta love CALI!  cool
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22838/img_20180328_1151595abbe50356.jpg

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#19 2018-03-28 11:57am

spyker

Dirty Habits wrote:

Gotta love CALI!  cool
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … e50356.jpg

Dirty I thought you lived in a ghetto? That don't look like a chicano ghetto.I see a AMG G wagon in the background.

#20 2018-03-28 12:24pm

jriedmiller
ModeratorBuildoff Guru

spyker wrote:

jriedmiller wrote:

spyker wrote:

The cost of living here is a huge understatement when people mention it.Just to give you a idea what it's like here,we pay the highest price for gasoline in North America.The highest I've seen it so far was over a week ago at 1.56 a liter.The cost of living here is astronomical,ask your buddy,he will tell you all about it.

Oh yea we've discussed it at length many times.  I can't believe the cost of living and I live in a high cost of living area myself.  We fortunately bought our house before the prices sky rocketed so we're good but I couldn't even afford my own house right now with current market prices.  Having said that, where you all live is probably 2x as expensive.

#21 2018-03-28 12:32pm

se666
Pro Member'Da Pineapple'
Bikes: 69

Talk about cost of living...we out in Northern California live in the most insanely expensive area in the world. The median priced home goes for in the neighborhood of 1.7 million USD! I could not afford to live where I work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercur … climb/amp/

[img]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/se666/HPIM0764.jpg[/img]

#22 2018-03-28 12:39pm

jriedmiller
ModeratorBuildoff Guru

se666 wrote:

Talk about cost of living...we out in Northern California live in the most insanely expensive area in the world. The median priced home goes for in the neighborhood of 1.7 million USD! I could not afford to live where I work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercur … climb/amp/

Amen to that.  I don't know how anyone can afford to live anywhere in Cali TBH.  In fact I know a guy who is moving his family from Cali to Arizona because they cannot afford it any longer sad

#23 2018-03-28 12:45pm

84pk
Pro Member

Dialing brakes, profiles, and chain position to avoid frame rub madmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

WTB:
Black SE pads

#24 2018-03-28 12:47pm

tacochris
Pro Member

Dirty Habits wrote:

Gotta love CALI!  cool
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … e50356.jpg

Brother I gotta see the rest of the Purdy patina roof in the driveway....

Just an oldschool minitrucker and bmx kid doing what i do....
Proud "Klunker" hater.....

"...I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol days...before you've actually left em..."      -Andy Bernard

#25 2018-03-28 12:52pm

ChrisHunt
Pro Member
Website

tacochris wrote:

since you said "bmx stuff only" I will weigh in...

The thing that pisses me off:

Post a bike= 300 comments ranging from "omg I love it....wow I wish I had one....let me know if its for sale.....is this for sale....can I buy this bike.....give me this bike.....I want your bike........heart emoticons and all manner of nonsense posts.

Post same bike for sale= *crickets......and one comment "trades??"

.....and yes, posted for well under "retail"...Lol

HAHAHA ....True Story right here guys ! ^^^^

Last edited by ChrisHunt (2018-03-28 12:52pm)

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

Board footer

View Cart →