Bikes in the news. not in a good way..  RSS Feed

#1 2018-02-04 9:37am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 430
For Sale: 27
Website

Bikes in the news. not in a good way..

Just saw this.. sad and disturbing..I know its only a few people..will reflect on all cyclists tho..

Cop Hurt as Cycling Mob Rides Wrong Way Through NYC Streets, Attacks Drivers: Witnesses, Police
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/B … 36893.html

Dont see ANY roadbikes?

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#2 2018-02-04 9:56am

Hamell
Pro MemberForever Licking His Own Seathole

Re: Bikes in the news. not in a good way..

rmeneses wrote:

rmeneses wrote:

Hamell wrote:

Roadies?
You're a little touched in head, aren't ya?

No, it is merely an opinion, neoprene/spandex wearing, self-righteous, prima donnas who hog the roadways and typically don't observe traffic laws.

Did you even check the link?
No. You didn't, because you're a half-wit banging away at a keyboard.

#3 2018-02-04 9:58am

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
For Sale: 117
Website

sad
I know SE and Todd make tons of money on these "riders" but, how can he support them when they do shit like this??

#4 2018-02-04 10:00am

reddawg87
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1

Thug-Life

#5 2018-02-04 10:06am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

its-all-good wrote:

sad
I know SE and Todd make tons of money on these "riders" but, how can he support them when they do shit like this??

At the end of the day.It's only about one thing....MONEY!!!

One day a kid is going to end of being roadkill on one of the rides.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#6 2018-02-04 10:09am

bnd
Pro Member
Website

Hamell wrote:

rmeneses wrote:

rmeneses wrote:

No, it is merely an opinion, neoprene/spandex wearing, self-righteous, prima donnas who hog the roadways and typically don't observe traffic laws.

I'm a so-called "roadie" & take exception to that too. Obviously you didn't look at the video did ya?

These guys are straight up criminals, look up "critical mass" bike gatherings & get back with us, ok Einstein?

I would bet there are 1000's of people in here that ride road bikes, race road bikes or have road bikes, obey the rules of the road & are courteous to others who use the roads. I'm one of those.

Todd Lyons has nothing to do with these asses either, you can't control who buys your product & what they do with it. What if they were all riding Big Wheels? It's Toys R' Us's fault for selling them? Give me a break.

b.

One more thing, it's not neoprene/spandex, it's Lycra.

Last edited by bnd (2018-02-04 10:10am)

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

#7 2018-02-04 10:11am

its-all-good
Website

#8 2018-02-04 10:12am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru
Bikes: 22

its-all-good wrote:

sad

Same point I've been harping about for a while now.  He promotes these idiots and even sponsors them in some cases.  Shame on him for profiting from this nonsense.

Buying high and selling low for decades!

#9 2018-02-04 10:12am

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

reddawg87 wrote:

Thug-Life

I reckon road-hogging roadies have been living the "thug life" for quite some time.  Roadie thugs are like roaches in my neighborhood.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#10 2018-02-04 10:14am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru

bnd wrote:

Hamell wrote:

rmeneses wrote:

I'm a so-called "roadie" & take exception to that too. Obviously you didn't look at the video did ya?

These guys are straight up criminals, look up "critical mass" bike gatherings & get back with us, ok Einstein?

I would bet there are 1000's of people in here that ride road bikes, race road bikes or have road bikes, obey the rules of the road & are courteous to others who use the roads. I'm one of those.

Todd Lyons has nothing to do with these asses either, you can't control who buys your product & what they do with it. What if they were all riding Big Wheels? It's Toys R' Us's fault for selling them? Give me a break.

b.

One more thing, it's not neoprene/spandex, it's Lycra.

Yep I'm a roadie as well but didn't see any point in responding to such obviously ignorant comments.  I follow the rules of the road the same as if I'm in a car, not everyone does but there are bad apples in every bunch.

#11 2018-02-04 10:16am

spyker

bnd wrote:

Actually,yes he does.Todd & SE sponsors alot of these rides,shows up and rides along with them and even orginizes the events.SE also gives alot of these riders free bikes.Watch the youtube videos and see for yourself.SE as a company plays a big part in this movement.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here

#12 2018-02-04 10:18am

its-all-good
Website

spyker wrote:

bnd wrote:

Actually,yes he does.Todd & SE sponsors alot of these rides,shows up and rides along with them and even orginizes the events.SE also gives alot of these riders free bikes.Watch the youtube videos and see for yourself.SE as a company plays a big part in this movement.

+1000
Do your homework before you post.

#13 2018-02-04 10:22am

spyker

Wonder if Todd will come in and defend this type of action or just sweep it under the rug.

$20 goes a long way here

#14 2018-02-04 10:25am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru

spyker wrote:

Wonder if Todd will come in and defend this type of action or just sweep it under the rug.

Sweep it under the rug next to the piles of cash under his mattress.

#15 2018-02-04 10:26am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 430
For Sale: 27
Website

I personally dont blame Todd..he helps design the bikes..doenst pick who rides em..
this is a few hooligans that happen to be on bikes...
Sad that they get the media attention, instead of the millions or responsible bikers..
I try to avoid traffic myself when I ride..

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#16 2018-02-04 10:31am

reddawg87
Pro Member

perront wrote:

reddawg87 wrote:

Thug-Life

I reckon road-hogging roadies have been living the "thug life" for quite some time.  Roadie thugs are like roaches in my neighborhood.

Well I haven't ever seen a "roadie" attack cars or pedestrians while out on a ride. I have seen multiple videos of roadies getting run over! I'm just thinking.. grab a MTB and hit the trails. It would be safer.

#17 2018-02-04 10:32am

reddawg87
Pro Member

They are asking for it.

Don't need a helmet!

The Lord is my helmet!

Last edited by reddawg87 (2018-02-04 10:39am)

#18 2018-02-04 10:34am

sc00ter
Intermediate

Ok, how many of us kicked over trash cans as kids? Blasted thru an intersection? Started bike chases by slapping weight lifters in the butt? Pissed off a midnight mass at a local church? And used a bmx mike as a getaway tool? Kids get on bikes and do stupid stuff, NOT ALL kids, but some. I was never a saint when was younger when I rode a bmx bike. Just now everyone has video power in the palm of their hand so now regular people can see the chaos unfold on their television. Yes, its wrong and I dont endorse their behavior but at the same time I did some pretty stupid stuff on bmx bikes. We complain when kids play video games and never go outside AND we complain when they get on a bmx bike and cause a bit of chaos.

#19 2018-02-04 10:38am

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Bikes: 3

jriedmiller wrote:

spyker wrote:

Sweep it under the rug next to the piles of cash under his mattress.

lol

ya'll wanna see a dead body?

#20 2018-02-04 10:42am

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Bikes: 10

Bringing back this classic.

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#21 2018-02-04 10:44am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10

Did I miss something? I see quite a few quotes under Gary's original thread starter up top but I don't see any of the original posts that are being quoted? Did someone delete a bunch of posts?

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#22 2018-02-04 10:51am

its-all-good
Website

Not me.

#23 2018-02-04 10:54am

jriedmiller
Pro MemberBuildoff Guru

I see every post

#24 2018-02-04 10:59am

bnd
Pro Member
Website

its-all-good wrote:

spyker wrote:

bnd wrote:

+1000
Do your homework before you post.

Prove it.

If you can't, I'll call him and ask.

b.

Last edited by bnd (2018-02-04 11:00am)

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

#25 2018-02-04 11:01am

knightindullarmor
Pro MemberDirty Jungle Cupcake Love
For Sale: 2

psychoduddycycles wrote:

Bringing back this classic.

still to this day i think that has to be the best bell and horn solo of all times.

Last edited by knightindullarmor (2018-02-04 11:03am)

44T 4EVER
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

Board footer

View Cart →