You are not logged in.

Pro Wrestling ~ WWF/WCW/NWA

#51 2011-06-14 10:07am

RusT808
Hawaiian Built

Re: Pro Wrestling ~ WWF/WCW/NWA

lou wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

You guys do know that wrestling was/is rehearsed and fake?

Yes it`s rehearsed but what makes it fake? It`s a show. So you probably thought the A-Team was real or is that fake or is it a show?

That's why it is called sports entertainment. Fake? Hardly. Rehearsed? Yeah. These guys are still taking hits, not full on hits, but still enough to result in injuries. Think of it as a soap opera with lots of wrasslin".

SHOOTS, BRAH!!

#52 2011-06-14 1:44pm

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

I know wrestling is fake/lame, but those guys are as tough and talented as any athletes out there.
150 + shows a year. No injury timeouts. Most guys just keep wrestling when they get hurt because they know that if they aren't a marquee name they'll be replaced. They have my respect, not my $$.

The thing I hate about mma is the fanboy wannabes. An ed hardy shirt and 6 weeks of bjj does not make you a cage fighter.

I had no choice they arrived just before you did....

#53 2011-06-14 1:58pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Erich_family

I used to watch all these guys back in the early days of my youth. All star Wrestling wa filmed in Kansas City and aired on Sunday mornings.  I lost interest in my early teens when I figured it out.

I can't say that i ever watched it live at an event. Once in awhile i do catch it on TV late at night and I'll stop and watch a few minutes. It is entertainment. But I prefer watching MMA these days.

Speaking of Hulk Hogan, Last night I saw 2 minutes of a film he was in called 3 ninjas High noon at Mega Mountain. Now that was pure cheese. lollollol http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118539/

If you bought from me and didn't receive feedback, send me a PM. I try to provide feedback as soon as I ship but sometimes I forget or miss someone. Thanks!

#54 2011-06-14 1:58pm

RL-20II Guy
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 11
Website

lou wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

Yes it`s rehearsed but what makes it fake? It`s a show. So you probably thought the A-Team was real or is that fake or is it a show?

Knight Rider was real!

"Just don't look...see. Nothing is, as it appears..." - paraphrased C. O'Neal

#55 2011-06-14 5:26pm

RONS BIKE SHOP
Intermediate

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

BMX MUSEUM is not a contest to see who has more bmx knowledge. It's a place to share it.

#56 2011-06-14 7:44pm

shaved_ape
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
Website

RONS BIKE SHOP wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

DAMN!!!! lollollol DAMN!!!

Ok kid, it's time to just go ahead and pay for the sex, it's time to finally lose your virginity.  lollol

WTB: Knight Sith Handlebars.  Blue knight retro stem.

#57 2011-06-14 8:06pm

BMX_Brigade_86
Pro MemberThe Brigadier
Bikes: 4

archie wrote:

shaved_ape wrote:

Ultimate Warrior was ALWAYS my favorite.  If you go to his website he actually has some of his memorabilia for sale.

You can actually buy one of his ring worn belts.

Or his underwear that he used in the ring.

Do you guys remember Legion of Doom?  That was my favorite tag team.  I still have all my wrestling buddies.  When I was a kid I would put on my football shoulder pads and pretend I was the third guy in their crew, but only in my house.

Did you know that the guys in Legion of Doom invented (or came up with I should say) Zubaz?

They were originally known as The Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal. They were from Chicago
Hawk past away few years ago. RIP

They were from Minnesota actually. My uncle went to High School with one of them (Animal). On a side note...when I was 16 and working my first job Mr. Perfect (Curt Henning) used to come in from time to time to eat there. lol!

Correction...both were born in Chicago... and both moved to Minnesota, according to Wikipedia.  Also according to Wikipedia, Animal went to Irondale High School in Mounds View, MN.  Since Wikipedia can be submitted and updated by anyone, who knows what the real story is? My uncle did attend Irondale and has told me since I was a kid that he went to school with Animal... Anyway...

Last edited by BMX_Brigade_86 (2011-06-14 8:43pm)

#58 2011-06-14 8:51pm

RusT808
Hawaiian Built

RONS BIKE SHOP wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

lol lol lol

SHOOTS, BRAH!!

#59 2011-06-15 5:45am

RallyeTech02
Museum Addict

I LOVED wrestling back in my youth!  Hulk, Macho-Man, Andre the Giant etc were heroes when I was a kid.  Got back into it for a while back in the '90's, but it's been a loooong while since I've sat down and seen a match, I always knew that it was scripted, but it was just fun to watch.  I like boxing and have always loved martial arts, but as for the current MMA craze, it's not something that I enjoy, maybe it's the whole "rolling around on the floor with another sweaty dude" aspect, or the fact that I distinctly remember that kicking in a fight as a teenager made you a "puss", but I just can't seem to get into it.  Oh well, to each their own.smile

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

***I'm a DK addict!!!***

#60 2011-06-15 11:00am

SuperDave4130
Pro MemberResident Rationalist

shaved_ape wrote:

RONS BIKE SHOP wrote:

THE FUN PALACE wrote:

Ok kid, it's time to just go ahead and pay for the sex, it's time to finally lose your virginity.  lollol

He doesn't have any money to pay for sex because he's spending his money on wrestling collectibles. roll lol I'm wondering if he has a blow up sex doll that looks like either "Sensational " Sherri Martell,The Fabulous Moolah,or Missy Hyatt. lol

Doing my part to infuriate the religious right.                                       Soccer isn't a sport,it's a reason to riot.

#61 2011-06-15 3:21pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
For Sale: 2

"im a wheeling dealing, kiss stealing, limousine riding, jet flying son of a gun!!!"

"if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best! whoooooo!!"

words from the BEST wrestler ever. 17 time world champ!!

as much as i watched wrestling as a kid, i cant stand to watch it now. i do miss banked track roller derby! that was real!!

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2020! Rotator cuff is feeling ok, not 100%, but I'm out living!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#62 2011-06-15 3:59pm

SuperDave4130

I miss the days of the local wrestling shows on TV. Back in the day we had up here Portland Wrestling on Saturday nights.The Northwest territory was where you were when your pro wrestling career was starting out.The arena where they video taped Portland Wrestling was an old bowling alley that would double as a site for flea markets during the rest of the weekend.The list of wrestlers who came though here at one time or another is an all star line up. Besides Billy Jack Haynes,there was also the Dynamite Kid,Curt Hennig,Jessie Ventura, Gentleman Chris Adams,and from what I've heard,even Ric Flair spent some time competing up here.The two most recent wrestlers that made the big time from here were the late Brian "Crush" Adams,and Scott Levy,better known to wrestling fans as Raven.As for watching wrestling nowadays,I refuse to watch anything with ties to the WWE because Vince McMahon is such a piece of garbage.I do watch TNA wrestling on Spike TV on Thursday nights because hey,its my guilty pleasure.That and watching Mickie James in her tight fitting cutoffs. wink tongue

Last edited by SuperDave4130 (2011-06-15 4:01pm)

Doing my part to infuriate the religious right.                                       Soccer isn't a sport,it's a reason to riot.

#63 2011-06-15 9:38pm

archie
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13
Website

SuperDave4130 wrote:

shaved_ape wrote:

RONS BIKE SHOP wrote:

He doesn't have any money to pay for sex because he's spending his money on wrestling collectibles. roll lol I'm wondering if he has a blow up sex doll that looks like either "Sensational " Sherri Martell,The Fabulous Moolah,or Missy Hyatt. lol

It was all about Terri Runnels. tongue

Last edited by archie (2011-06-15 9:39pm)

LIKE US on Facebook facebook.com/archiesicecream

>>>>>FREE Archie's Stickers! Send me a S.A.S.E to:<<<<<

Attn:FREE Archie's STICKER
                                                                745 Hariton St.
                                                              Orange,Cal 92868

#64 2011-06-15 9:42pm

SuperDave4130

Terri Runnels is for sure a hottie,all 5'2" of her. wink tongue

#65 2012-11-14 7:28pm

joey1320
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

I absolutely hate the new WWE, their wrestlers and story lines.  I remember the late 80's - early 90's and even the late 90's with all the big names from bitd.

I thought the Legion of Doom was the coolest tagteam with their crazy face paint and hardcore body armor. I thought Randy "Macho Man" Savage was phenomenal and I definitely had the hots for Miss Elizabeth. The Ultimate Warrior was a crazy motherF'r and of course Hulk Hogan was the American hero. Man those were the days...

Even into the late 90's when I got back into the "sport" I was super excited to see guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, The Undertaker... They were still puting on great shows with awesome vignettes and somewhat believable acting... Now it's all "reality" tv wannabe wrestling and the sport has suffer imo. I guess the WWE is still making money and that's cool but man I miss the good old days.

Here's to the great wrestlers we have lost!!!
Randy Macho Man Savage

Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith

And a bunch more that we have lost too soon...

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#66 2012-11-14 11:22pm

SuperDave4130

I haven't watched WWE in years because of how lame the company became.Once Vince McMahon decide to monopolize the market and drove the regional promotions out of business,it was never the same.I used to love watching World Championship Wrestling Saturday afternoons on WTBS and thought that it was a better show than the WWF.Locally we had Portland Wrestling on Saturday nights.A lot of legends early in their wrestling careers came though the Pacific Northwest over the years like Roddy Piper,Jimmy Snuka,Jessie Ventura,Dynamite Kid,Curt Hennig,Andre the Giant,Ric Flair,The Sheik,Raven when he was known as Scotty the Body along with local wrestlers like Billy Jack Haynes,"Playboy" Buddy Rose,"Tough" Tony Bourne and his son Matt.Roddy Piper still lives here and has recently brought back Portland Wrestling on TV and is promoting the show himself which I find totally cool. cool

Last edited by SuperDave4130 (2012-11-14 11:35pm)

#67 2012-11-14 11:31pm

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
Bikes: 8

joey1320 wrote:

I absolutely hate the new WWE, their wrestlers and story lines.  I remember the late 80's - early 90's and even the late 90's with all the big names from bitd.

I thought the Legion of Doom was the coolest tagteam with their crazy face paint and hardcore body armor. I thought Randy "Macho Man" Savage was phenomenal and I definitely had the hots for Miss Elizabeth. The Ultimate Warrior was a crazy motherF'r and of course Hulk Hogan was the American hero. Man those were the days...

Even into the late 90's when I got back into the "sport" I was super excited to see guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, The Undertaker... They were still puting on great shows with awesome vignettes and somewhat believable acting... Now it's all "reality" tv wannabe wrestling and the sport has suffer imo. I guess the WWE is still making money and that's cool but man I miss the good old days.

Randy Macho Man Savage

Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

I loved watching the OG WWF!

#68 2012-11-15 5:15am

Haro-83
Pro MemberTEXAS HILLBILLY
Bikes: 64
For Sale: 1

Me too! love the wwf of the 80's-90's...

Build it, Ride it and Break it. That what it was made for.

#69 2012-11-15 5:24am

Haro-83
Pro MemberTEXAS HILLBILLY
Bikes: 64
For Sale: 1

robk131313 wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

Randy Macho Man Savage

Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

I loved watching the OG WWF!

I were there that night when Owen hart fell to his death at Kemper arena in kc mo

Build it, Ride it and Break it. That what it was made for.

#70 2012-11-15 5:19pm

TD Parker
Centurion Member

At least The Iron Shiek is still with us. He's a freakin' riot.smile

#71 2012-11-15 5:44pm

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 23

Amen.  My three favorite big men:

Although this was insulting as all getout, it was absurdly funny!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#72 2012-11-15 7:56pm

SuperDave4130

TD Parker wrote:

At least The Iron Shiek is still with us. He's a freakin' riot.smile

I've heard stories about the Iron Sheik becoming one of the coaches of the U.S. Olympic wrestling team.I know that George "The Animal" Steele was also a school teacher.

#73 2012-11-16 4:07pm

hottubfan
Centurion Member

I was never a big fan of the WWF especially after Hulk Hogan and Vince Jr. took over. I always thought it was too much of a cartoon. Being from Texas my favorites were the Von Erichs and their feud with the Fabulous Freebirds. When we got cable I started watching the NWA. Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat, The Midnight Express vs The Rock n Roll Express. Dusty Rhodes vs Nikita Koloff. Now that was wrestling!! I still watch wrestling but its now like it was BITD.

#74 2012-11-16 6:01pm

RONS BIKE SHOP
Intermediate

i bet he misses it too

BMX MUSEUM is not a contest to see who has more bmx knowledge. It's a place to share it.

#75 2013-06-28 9:32pm

SuperDave4130

I saw that local wrestler Matt Bourne,better known as "Doink the Clown" passed away today at his home in Texas. Matt was a second generation wrestler,son of "Tough" Tony Bourne. Matt and the late "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer were former World Class Championship Wrestling world tag team champions in the mid 80's.Matt was best known for being the original Doink the Clown from the WWF. He was also known briefly as "Big Josh" while being on the WCW roster in the 90's.

Last edited by SuperDave4130 (2013-06-29 4:53pm)

Board footer