You are not logged in.

Haro kneesaver fans rejoice! 2018's inside.  RSS Feed

#26 2017-11-26 5:14pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 6

Re: Haro kneesaver fans rejoice! 2018's inside.

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

You can get OG ones for that price! smile

Not brand new or with NS geo.

But if you want knee savers you should be looking to use them on an old school build... After all that's when they originated. There's plenty of new school style bars available.

They don't have to be brand new ( They wouldn't match the finish on your old bike )
And that style bar shouldn't be NS Geometry anyway...
Do all of the Old School parts have to be Copied and Twisted into New School.
Since most New School Riders think Old School Stuff is Gimmicky and Crappy anyway...Why Copy an Old School Part and make it Nre School then.

Yes these comments may spark the same Old School VS New School Debate that has been Battled out here Over & Over & Over again... With no Winner on Either Side...Just different Opinions.    And this is mine. smile

I hear your point. I think it's just the old school guys who like the modern geo but would also like some parts they were fond of in their youth with today's geo.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#27 2017-11-26 5:15pm

CHAMPION-26
Pro Member

News Flash!!! flatland1974... 99% of All Collectors Rode bikes from the early 70's thru the 80's (Every Day From Morning Until Dark) and some into the late 90's.
I would say Most Collectors know Plenty About Riding.

Needs - Tioga Comp Pool Tires
Tioga Comp Ramp Tires
Early Redline PL - 24 Forks
88 Skyway T/A 280 Forks
GT Coaster Brake Hub
24" Irc Racer - X Tire -  In Black
Nos Clear GT Grips

#28 2017-11-26 5:15pm

flatland1974
Pro MemberOzone Hole Plugger
For Sale: 78

spyker wrote:

flatland1974 wrote:

spyker wrote:

Bob the original kneesavers were designed for all around riding.The pros used them for flatland,vert,dj and street riding.It was a one size fits all bar.

Neil...I know..I still have my OG Haro bars to this day.(1988)...BUT if they had "RIDERS"in mind..they would of never put those "cool looking"...but painfull elf ears on the bottom part or the bars...we had to grind off of tape up the fooking things cause they HURT!!...I taped mine off...got VERY  pissed off at the backsweep...moved on to a different set..1989...

Bob I understand what you're saying.But would like to hear your opinion on how they should have made these bars to better fit the current riders.

Brotha...at that $$...CUSTOM FIT!!...No elf ears!!!...and for that much $$$...CHROME!...If one drops $130 for those bars without chrome....They are stupid!...Why not just go get a real set of OG chrome bars with almost the same geo for CHEAPER!!...It doesn't make any sense...like MOST of this repop shit...it's MORE expensive then the OG gear with the same crap problems as BITD.

Taking NOS to POS since 1984!!!!!

#29 2017-11-26 5:16pm

flatland1974

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

News Flash!!! flatland1974... 99% of All Collectors Rode bikes from the early 70's thru the 80's (Every Day From Morning Until Dark) and some into the late 90's.

WHAT!!!!!!lol...Holy shit.....THAT'S FUNNY!!!!

#30 2017-11-26 5:20pm

flatland1974

spyker wrote:

LOL first time I've heard them being called "elf ears".Always refered to them as kneecutters.

I have a permanent  bruise on my leg from doing so many smith decades from those bars!!lol

#31 2017-11-26 5:22pm

justlive

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

spyker wrote:

But if you want knee savers you should be looking to use them on an old school build... After all that's when they originated. There's plenty of new school style bars available.

They don't have to be brand new ( They wouldn't match the finish on your old bike )
Since most New School Riders think Old School Stuff is Gimmicky and Crappy anyway...Why Copy an Old School Part and make it Nre School then.

Yes these comments may spark the same Old School VS New School Debate that has been Battled out here Over & Over & Over again... With no Winner on Either Side...Just different Opinions.    And this is mine. smile

What about the retro NS builds? Four piece bars have been popular for a while now with the NS crowd.There is no official rule stating you have to build a bike a certain way or what era parts are permitted to put on what bike.Build it up the way you want it.

There is nothing wrong with making something old new again,it opens up a new market and more choices for people,which is a good thing.

+1
It's sort of like the other thread on here about what the dumbest bmx stuff that was supposed to be cool. Just like there are some that like these bars and some that don't. The same goes for the stuff in that thread. Only difference was 30yrs ago we didn't have social media to express our opinions wink

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#32 2017-11-26 5:28pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

flatland1974 wrote:

spyker wrote:

LOL first time I've heard them being called "elf ears".Always refered to them as kneecutters.

I have a permanent  bruise on my leg from doing so many smith decades from those bars!!lol

I banged my knee hard during a bail on a DJ and hit my knee on the elf ears of the Peregrine Q bars while the bike was tumbling on me.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#33 2017-11-26 5:29pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 75
For Sale: 4
Website

They're cool but at $130 US I'll never need them.

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2017-11-26 5:30pm)

I LOST MY PHONE And I have some life to deal with so I will be checking out. Peace BMX brothers.

#34 2017-11-26 5:31pm

flatland1974

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

What about the retro NS builds? Four piece bars have been popular for a while now with the NS crowd.There is no official rule stating you have to build a bike a certain way or what era parts are permitted to put on what bike.Build it up the way you want it.

There is nothing wrong with making something old new again,it opens up a new market and more choices for people,which is a good thing.

+1
It's sort of like the other thread on here about what the dumbest bmx stuff that was supposed to be cool. Just like there are some that like these bars and some that don't. The same goes for the stuff in that thread. Only difference was 30yrs ago we didn't have social media to express our opinions wink

30 years ago ...we didn't have the choices and knowledge and resources we have today...I'm NOT knocking ALL retro and repop gear...just the one's that don't make sense...when I redid the Ozone...I didn't include all the crap that was wrong with the OG design....seatpost mast cracking..forks that cracked in a week...different brake setups...you take an old but great design and IMPROVE on it...NOT make it the same mistakes.....Can you imagine if the New Haro MAster had those POS rearends from the 80's..or if the Hutch TS's had the fooked up crap pegs and standers???

#35 2017-11-26 5:32pm

spyker

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

+1

While riding during my youth I've never had a somewhat decent looking bike(except for the Kuwi Laserlite).They were always pieced together with parts from other bikes(parts were either replaced due to being broken or traded with friends).Even today that has spilled over to the way I build my current bikes.Now I seem to build them differently and somewhat off looking to how others build their bikes.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#36 2017-11-26 5:34pm

spyker

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Kurt the price quoted is not set in stone,wait and see what the official release price will be.There would be no way in heck they would seel many of these bars for that price...and good luck selling any in Canada with the piss poor exchang rate and all.

#37 2017-11-26 5:37pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 75
For Sale: 4
Website

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Kurt the price quoted is not set in stone,wait and see what the official release price will be.There would be no way in heck they would seel many of these bars for that price...and good luck selling any in Canada with the piss poor exchang rate and all.

$160+ Canadian then shipping and duty...$200. No thanks.

I LOST MY PHONE And I have some life to deal with so I will be checking out. Peace BMX brothers.

#38 2017-11-26 5:38pm

CHAMPION-26
Pro Member

flatland1974 wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

Funny but true. They either raced BMX, Freestyled, Rode Ramps, Rode Street and or all of the above. smile

Tioga Comp Ramp Tires
88 Skyway T/A 280 Forks
GT Coaster Brake Hub
Nos Clear GT Grips

#39 2017-11-26 5:41pm

spyker

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

$160+ Canadian then shipping and duty...$200. No thanks.

Exactly!!! For $200...no thanks,but I can live with $160 tax included.I will just hit up my LBS when the time comes,they will just add it to their usual shipment to save me shipping and duties costs.

#40 2017-11-26 5:43pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

You can get OG ones for that price! smile

lol most guy here on this site bitch. how new school all look the same. they lack the cool style 80's bikes have. now that HARO is doing something about that. you still want to bitch.lol

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#41 2017-11-26 5:46pm

spyker

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

spyker wrote:

lol most guy here on this site bitch. how new school all look the same. they lack the cool style 80's bikes have. now that HARO is doing something about that. you still want to bitch.lol

people here bitch just to bitch!!! You can offer them the most perfect product they can ask for,give it to them for free,but they just have to pay for shipping and they will bitch about it.

#42 2017-11-26 5:49pm

justlive

flatland1974 wrote:

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

+1

30 years ago ...we didn't have the choices and knowledge and resources we have today...I'm NOT knocking ALL retro and repop gear...just the one's that don't make sense...when I redid the Ozone...I didn't include all the crap that was wrong with the OG design....seatpost mast cracking..forks that cracked in a week...different brake setups...you take an old but great design and IMPROVE on it...NOT make it the same mistakes.....Can you imagine if the New Haro MAster had those POS rearends from the 80's..or if the Hutch TS's had the fooked up crap pegs and standers???

I don't know man.  I think we had a ton of choices back then. But u have to remember that time was also the beginning of the freestyle era. We've had 30+ years to learn and evolve. But I do agree that I'm glad Haro and Hutch put out modern versions of the classics that make sense for today's riding. And that Ozone of yours is still bad ass!

#43 2017-11-26 5:50pm

CHAMPION-26
Pro Member

flatland1974 wrote:

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

+1

True... But why copy the Old School Style/Look of the 80's and make it New School ? The Bike Builders of the 80's were Creative and Innovative enough to come up with their own Designs & Styling...
Can't the New School builders do the same for the New School Generations...Get Friggin Creative, with the aid of Computer Design it shouldn't be that hard.
LEAVE OLD SCHOOL DESIGNS FOR THE OLD SCHOOL.. BE ORIGINAL AND STOP COPYING THE 80'S STYLINGS............Nothing Is Sacred Anymore!!!  mad

Last edited by CHAMPION-26 (2017-11-26 5:53pm)

Tioga Comp Ramp Tires
88 Skyway T/A 280 Forks
GT Coaster Brake Hub
Nos Clear GT Grips

#44 2017-11-26 5:53pm

flatland1974

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

flatland1974 wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

Funny but true. They either raced BMX, Freestyled, Rode Ramps, Rode Street and or all of the above. smile

That is the BIGGEST load of shit I think I heard this year!!!...Half the jokers on this site are magazine riders...collectors...Ï have the most best bike on the block"..and many of the real riders are here to sell there old gear...show that they still ride ...or make $$ off "RIDERS"  and make fools of those who think they "know"..it's not very hard...just read between the lines.

#45 2017-11-26 5:54pm

justlive

spyker wrote:

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

+1

While riding during my youth I've never had a somewhat decent looking bike(except for the Kuwi Laserlite).They were always pieced together with parts from other bikes(parts were either replaced due to being broken or traded with friends).Even today that has spilled over to the way I build my current bikes.Now I seem to build them differently and somewhat off looking to how others build their bikes.

That's the beauty of it brother! Making it your own and what works for u. And not cookie cutter or with the coolest parts simply because their the most popular. I'd rather run an old school dk stem all day long over a Hutch stem bitd. Or Flight cranks over Aerospeeds. For me it just made more sense.

#46 2017-11-26 5:54pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

wadeaminute wrote:

Those angles are spot on. That price seems inflated - I wonder if that is the fake price so that the street price looks more reasonable?
The old ones were garbage. And kept getting worse throughout the 1990s. But they sure looked cool, and were iconic. So John fixed them. Well done. I would definitely consider these (at a lower price).
Ride UK magazine once had an article that served as a cheeky how-to which I believe was entitled "How to make Haro bars rideable." The gist of the article was that the owner should lay them on the ground and jump on them until the sweep was more reasonable.

LOL too funny.  I jumped on my GT Pro bars to lessen the back sweep on my 91' Performer build.  Ha ha

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#47 2017-11-26 5:55pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

spyker wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

All Valid Points as well... And like you said there are no Rules.
But just because you Can... Doesn't mean you Should.       I just wish there were OS, MS, and NS... and none of this Hybrid/Repop Stuff. hmm

well that just you I love the hybrid repop stuff I have a small army of it. to pick when I want to ride. OS looks but. un like my 80's bikes. I don't worry about devaluing it or braking it.  while really riding it!

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#48 2017-11-26 5:58pm

justlive

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

flatland1974 wrote:

justlive wrote:

+1

True... But why copy the Old School Style/Look of the 80's and make it New School ? The Bike Builders of the 80's were Creative and Innovative enough to come up with their own Designs & Styling...
Can't the New School builders do the same for the New School Generations...Get Friggin Creative, with the aid of Computer Design it shouldn't be that hard.
LEAVE OLD SCHOOL DESIGNS FOR THE OLD SCHOOL.. BE ORIGINAL AND STOP COPYING THE 80'S STYLINGS............Nothing Is Sacred Anymore!!!  mad

I don't think it's as much about being lazy as it is just simply cashing in on what a certain crowd had been asking for. It's obviously been profitable. Just like auto makers. The Challenger, Mustang etc. Nothing wrong with going back to what once worked and doing it again but with a twist smile

#49 2017-11-26 6:04pm

justlive

spyker wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

people here bitch just to bitch!!! You can offer them the most perfect product they can ask for,give it to them for free,but they just have to pay for shipping and they will bitch about it.

Basically lol

#50 2017-11-26 6:06pm

flatland1974

CHAMPION-26 wrote:

flatland1974 wrote:

justlive wrote:

+1

WTF???..."True... But why copy the Old School Style/Look of the 80's and make it New School"....that's another JOKE!!!....I know what I say is TRUE..cause it is!!Why collect old BMX Bikes...cars ...toys...Why do ALL the Car companies copy cars from the past???..IT'S MAn..do you know what your talking about???...or just being defensive....Or did you already order a set of these bars and feel you need to defend them??.

Board footer

View Cart →