oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: Cutting the CORD ..... please HELP

spyker wrote:

oldmanjoe wrote:

Cord cutters -

Is there a way to see discovery channel and history channel? The only way I can find shows on those networks is with torrents, which I'm not a big fan of.

Yup,I go into the networks section of the android box and click onto whatever network I want to see,once it opens up,it displays all the shows that network provides.

Are those hacked sites?

I can find those networks, but I'm required to login with my content provider's credentials, which is my road block.

I don't want to go out and buy a box that requires subscription services, I have that without buying anything. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the andriod boxes I've seen just seem to be a platform and no content comes with, I'd have to purchase that as well, correct?

I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

#27 2017-11-06 10:29am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

oldmanjoe wrote:

spyker wrote:

oldmanjoe wrote:

Cord cutters -

Is there a way to see discovery channel and history channel? The only way I can find shows on those networks is with torrents, which I'm not a big fan of.

Yup,I go into the networks section of the android box and click onto whatever network I want to see,once it opens up,it displays all the shows that network provides.

Are those hacked sites?

I can find those networks, but I'm required to login with my content provider's credentials, which is my road block.

I don't want to go out and buy a box that requires subscription services, I have that without buying anything. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the andriod boxes I've seen just seem to be a platform and no content comes with, I'd have to purchase that as well, correct?

No hacked sites and no password...nothing.You don't have to purchase any content,just need to download a specific program(free)and download add ons to the program(also free).There is tons of info on youtube about kodi and android boxes.You should have a look into it if you have some time.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#28 2017-11-06 10:34am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

spyker wrote:

oldmanjoe wrote:

spyker wrote:

Are those hacked sites?

No hacked sites and no password...nothing.You don't have to purchase any content,just need to download a specific program(free)and download add ons to the program(also free).There is tons of info on youtube about kodi and android boxes.You should have a look into it if you have some time.

Thank you.

I don't spend much time on youtube, never thought to search there.

#29 2017-11-06 10:37am

spyker

oldmanjoe wrote:

spyker wrote:

oldmanjoe wrote:

Are those hacked sites?

Thank you.

I don't spend much time on youtube, never thought to search there.

You're welcome.

Let me know if you're interested in purchasing one.I can direct you where to buy them.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here

#30 2017-11-06 2:30pm

IPD
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

The thing is, you don't even need those boxes ^.  All they do is pull from the same streaming sites you can get to regularly on your PC's browser.  If you don't know WHAT sites or where to look, then I suppose they can be a crutch/help.  But when you DO know where to look, they're just a cash-grab by a company that is trying to do what you can already do for yourself.

P.S.
I've been watching Orville and STD on my PC.  No need for subscription or fancy boxes/do-dads.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#31 2017-11-06 2:36pm

knightindullarmor
Pro MemberDirty Jungle Cupcake Love

IPD wrote:

The thing is, you don't even need those boxes ^.  All they do is pull from the same streaming sites you can get to regularly on your PC's browser.  If you don't know WHAT sites or where to look, then I suppose they can be a crutch/help.  But when you DO know where to look, they're just a cash-grab by a company that is trying to do what you can already do for yourself.

P.S.
I've been watching Orville and STD on my PC.  No need for subscription or fancy boxes/do-dads.

+1000 I haven't had cable in years and I don't miss a show or ppv event I want to watch, just need a computer and internet.  I'm watching stranger things right now and I have never had a Netflix account.  Tbh the last time I watched TV at a friends house I was amazed at the volume of commercials, they really can ruin a show!

44T 4EVER
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

#32 2017-11-06 3:32pm

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

IPD wrote:

P.S.

It's always the starting point that is difficult. Actual instructions are hard to find.

For instance, watching discovery programs, is a challenge. I can torrent, if I want. I can sign in as a paid user, if I had an account. Or as Spyker pointed out I can get Kodi, bu then I need the the right add on that that streams live TV which is actually a hacked stream.  Not that I'm opposed to a hacked stream, I use one regularly, but that's not really the same as access to discovery channel and on demand stuff. It would still be valuable, but again, finding the starting point is the challenge. Maybe there are really good sources of information out there, but when I cut the cord, I searched and couldn't find ways to see content without subscriptions. I'd love to find a good way to see certain things without torrents, but live TV doesn't really fit my schedule either.

#33 2017-11-06 3:49pm

spyker

IPD wrote:

P.S.

You cannot beat the convenience of turning on the tv,android box and scroll to what you want to watch.I have no desire to hook up a laptop or anything like that to my tv.The box sits right next to the tube and that's it.Everything in this world is a cashgrab to other people,but for some,well worth the price.

$20 goes a long way here

#34 2017-11-06 3:54pm

spyker

oldmanjoe wrote:

IPD wrote:

P.S.

It's always the starting point that is difficult. Actual instructions are hard to find.

For instance, watching discovery programs, is a challenge. I can torrent, if I want. I can sign in as a paid user, if I had an account. Or as Spyker pointed out I can get Kodi, bu then I need the the right add on that that streams live TV which is actually a hacked stream.  Not that I'm opposed to a hacked stream, I use one regularly, but that's not really the same as access to discovery channel and on demand stuff. It would still be valuable, but again, finding the starting point is the challenge. Maybe there are really good sources of information out there, but when I cut the cord, I searched and couldn't find ways to see content without subscriptions. I'd love to find a good way to see certain things without torrents, but live TV doesn't really fit my schedule either.

My box is loaded up with the latest Kodi program.It already has Discovery channel in it,no need to find it and download.I suggest you do some research first and make your own judgement.

A quick youtube search under "how to install kodi 17.4" is basically all you need.

$20 goes a long way here

#35 2017-11-06 4:11pm

IPD
Pro Member
Website

subscription, torrent and kodi are not your only 3 options.  The fact that torrent is even an option you list--says you're doing it wrong.

#36 2017-11-06 4:12pm

IPD
Pro Member
Website

spyker wrote:

You cannot beat the convenience of turning on the tv,android box and scroll to what you want to watch.I have no desire to hook up a laptop or anything like that to my tv.The box sits right next to the tube and that's it.Everything in this world is a cashgrab to other people,but for some,well worth the price.

You think I don't already have that with my media laptop?  lol!

#37 2017-11-06 4:20pm

spyker

IPD wrote:

spyker wrote:

Do you really think I care?

$20 goes a long way here

#38 2017-11-06 4:22pm

knightindullarmor

Pm sent to the op cool.  Let me know if you need anymore help

44T 4EVER
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

#39 2017-11-06 6:20pm

IPD
Pro Member
Website

spyker wrote:

IPD wrote:

spyker wrote:

I know you don't.  MY point is that you don't need a stupid "box" to do it; if that's your crutch, that's your prerogative--but it's hardly necessary or easier.

#40 2017-11-07 6:30am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 49
Website

Wow, lots of action on this thread since last I checked.

Sorry for checking out on you guys for a few, started a new job and time is limited.
Not much tv time either.

Will read up on the latest posts hopefully later today.

Thanks          smile

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#41 2017-11-07 9:09am

spyker

IPD wrote:

spyker wrote:

IPD wrote:

I know you don't.  MY point is that you don't need a stupid "box" to do it; if that's your crutch, that's your prerogative--but it's hardly necessary or easier.

So what would you suggest then? And don't say a laptop,tablet or smartphone,those have been ruled out already.

$20 goes a long way here

#42 2017-11-07 9:22am

knightindullarmor

Pm replied to. Let me know if you need help with anything along the way.

44T 4EVER

#43 2017-11-07 9:57am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

spyker wrote:

IPD wrote:

P.S.

My wife really isn't excited about turning on the PC and logging in and waiting for the TV to load. I fully understand.

#44 2017-11-07 9:58am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

IPD wrote:

subscription, torrent and kodi are not your only 3 options.  The fact that torrent is even an option you list--says you're doing it wrong.

I'm sure there is but telling me that you know and I don't without offering help is king of a dickish move in my opinion. YMMV.

#45 2017-11-07 10:01am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

I'm a Dragon Box user. IMO it crushes ALL other streaming media boxes. I initially got it for sports... I'm a steelers fan living outside of their market (in philly) and 1. it RULES for live sports, UFC, boxing, etc... and I've since 'cut the cord' with my cable company's TV options. Only have internet now.

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#46 2017-11-07 10:03am

knightindullarmor

Pm sent to old man joe

44T 4EVER

#47 2017-11-07 10:07am

spyker

oldmanjoe wrote:

IPD wrote:

I'm sure there is but telling me that you know and I don't without offering help is king of a dickish move in my opinion. YMMV.

ICP has always been a arrogant know it all,don't pay attention to him or take him seriously.

$20 goes a long way here

#48 2017-11-07 10:11am

spyker

polterdeal wrote:

I'm a Dragon Box user. IMO it crushes ALL other streaming media boxes. I initially got it for sports... I'm a steelers fan living outside of their market (in philly) and 1. it RULES for live sports, UFC, boxing, etc... and I've since 'cut the cord' with my cable company's TV options. Only have internet now.

The Nvidia Shield crushes every media box.But comes at a price though.

$20 goes a long way here

#49 2017-11-07 10:15am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
Website

spyker wrote:

oldmanjoe wrote:

IPD wrote:

ICP has always been a arrogant know it all,don't pay attention to him or take him seriously.

It's just a tad bit bizarre, but I'm not bothered by it. You and Knightindullarmor have provided some tips and I'll follow through with that. Currently, I have a PC connected to my TV, so I'll install Kodi on the PC to try a few things. I may send you a PM if I have questions.

If I don't like the PC angle, I'll try a device, but I can use the PC as a DRV to a certain degree.

#50 2017-11-07 10:29am

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

spyker wrote:

polterdeal wrote:

The Nvidia Shield crushes every media box.But comes at a price though.

agree to disagree, lol.  friend of mine tried the NVIDIA box, I noodled around on it DB offers everything the nvidia box does + 1,000X more....... IMO it pales in comparison to the DB. Too many pay-for add-ons on the NVIDIA. Everything free on DB. Even live, local TV. But... maybe I had a poor experience when sampling the NVIDIA box...
I wouldn't trade my Dragon Box for anything.

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

Board footer

View Cart →