#126 2017-08-22 3:03pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
Bikes: 1

Re: Jason Brown RIP

made2drag wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

made2drag wrote:

The guys down here with $100,000 cars are pretty snobby, mostly.  Most of them buy them like that and prance around trying to get attention.    I hang out with the guys that are passionate about their projects and spend way more time building it themselves from the ground up than just buying something already done.  Usually these crowds are easy to spot.

I get ya bro. I'm not lol being neg.
The lines here..are badly blurred.
I do the same. And I know how it sounds.
I SWEAR TO YOU BRO, I'm on the level.
I just lol wanna talk cars, share..and people, like..talk for a bit and act like "oh, this guy can't do anything for me, so why should I waste anymore of my time talkin to him?".
I don't know how to prove this..

I tell you what, most people wont want to stay in one spot too long....other cars to see, other people to talk to... i've been in that situation many times where I talk to a dude about a car and the conversation goes on and on and on.... I finally have to say "nice talking to you but I got to see some other cars".  It's probably not you.  And some just aren't talkers.

Lol, I mean the guys sittin on their tush, waitin for attention..or one of the guys I know who has a nicely resto'd GENERAL LEE, who knows I'm a huge original DUKES fan (and I seriously know my stuff), and he acts like "KINGSHIT". No reason for it. I shared
my autographed HAZZARD SHERIFF shirt with him. He insted says, "ya! I got the car!"
W...
T....
....AAAAAHHHHH....LOL.

Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#127 2017-08-22 3:08pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

Aulton wrote:

PLEASE,  if anyone's having problems PM me. I have been there.

And same to you brother. We all in it. Unfortunately we had to loose Jason and Dave and everyone else to start talkin bout this.
I think, they'd be stoked to see us talkin sbout this and them...

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#128 2017-08-22 3:13pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

AlurencatBMX wrote:

made2drag wrote:

Also, don't look to the world to make you happy.  The world we live in now will let you down.  You have to find happiness within yourself and don't worry about pleasing everyone else.

If you look to the world you're pretty screwed really. The world we live in is based on greed and power. Right from the bottom up.

Seriously if you thought too hard about our world you would commit suicide in an instant. I will admit I watch too many documentaries (autism is a bitch, watching fantasy is hard because it's not real) but yeah, I have chosen a life of complete solitude other than my direct family and my ex wife (we are now living apart which we both need but still very close). And that's it. I go out as little as I can and I keep social activities to "hello" "thank you" and "Goodbye".

"If all of the rich people in our world divided up their money amongst themselves there wouldn't be enough to go around"

I get you man..at the same time, when WE do that...THEY WIN. WE LOOSE.
There has to be, a better way for good people with identicle tastes to hang out together...

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2017-08-22 3:16pm)

ALICE COOPER

#129 2017-08-22 3:53pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

made2drag wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

I get ya bro. I'm not lol being neg.
The lines here..are badly blurred.
I do the same. And I know how it sounds.
I SWEAR TO YOU BRO, I'm on the level.
I just lol wanna talk cars, share..and people, like..talk for a bit and act like "oh, this guy can't do anything for me, so why should I waste anymore of my time talkin to him?".
I don't know how to prove this..

I tell you what, most people wont want to stay in one spot too long....other cars to see, other people to talk to... i've been in that situation many times where I talk to a dude about a car and the conversation goes on and on and on.... I finally have to say "nice talking to you but I got to see some other cars".  It's probably not you.  And some just aren't talkers.

Lol, I mean the guys sittin on their tush, waitin for attention..or one of the guys I know who has a nicely resto'd GENERAL LEE, who knows I'm a huge original DUKES fan (and I seriously know my stuff), and he acts like "KINGSHIT". No reason for it. I shared
my autographed HAZZARD SHERIFF shirt with him. He insted says, "ya! I got the car!"
W...
T....
....AAAAAHHHHH....LOL.

Post of the year material there!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#130 2017-08-22 5:45pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

perront wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

made2drag wrote:

W...
T....
....AAAAAHHHHH....LOL.

Post of the year material there!

Brother, when we gonna sit and have a few cold ones? cool

ALICE COOPER

#131 2017-08-22 7:15pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

Tell ya what -- unless I'm mistaken, I think Detroit would be about halfway for us both.  If Albe's throws a party next year, I'll be there. cool

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#132 2017-08-22 7:37pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

perront wrote:

Tell ya what -- unless I'm mistaken, I think Detroit would be about halfway for us both.  If Albe's throws a party next year, I'll be there. cool

Brother, may the big guy upstairs allow us to get together. If it's in the cards, I'd like that very much.cool

ALICE COOPER

#133 2017-08-23 9:08pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

AlurencatBMX wrote:

JHARJO wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

Accepting you have mental health issues is the toughest part. Especially because of the taboo surrounding mental illness. Since the world got all liberal and became all PC the focus of making fun of minorities has now turned to the mentally ill. It's perfectly OK to make fun of our own apparently.

Seriously?? GTFOOH You're preaching tolerance while practicing intolerance. You have no credibility.

Then you obviously did not understand what I said. I didn't say liberal or PC was a bad thing. However, taking the piss out of some one who is mentally ill is where all of the hate goes these days. Trust me, I should know. It's also not very well understood, especially in England where if you are from another country you stand a far higher chance of housing over some one who is mentally ill and thus, treated the same as some one who is not.

We have TV shows in the UK that demonise the mentally ill. Make us look like welfare sponges, so that all of the people paying into the benefits (or welfare) system can hate on us for being "Leeches and parasites". Problem is that isn't the problem. The problem is we have allowed pretty much the whole world and all of the poor countries to walk into ours, take everything and leave nothing for the people who were actually born there. However, liberalism has told us we are not allowed to complain about that because it's not PC and we sound like "Took er jerbs !" apparently.

For something to work (like liberalism and PC) it needs to be wide spread and work across the board. If it's not OK, for example, to make fun of some one who is fat (which it isn't, apparently) then why can people make fun of the mentally ill?

THAT is why there is such a MASSIVE stigma attached to it. No one wants to put their hand up and admit they are having problems because then they get a label. A label that gains them absolutely frank all. No help, no housing, etc.

We also have programmes on the TV over here about homeless people. They are all white, all British and all pretty much mentally ill. Whilst Qasim from Syria has a council house for him and his family.

The more you talk, the more you prove my earlier statement. Get a clue.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

#134 2017-08-23 9:16pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

Unfortunately, this technology causes allot of misunderstanding at times. Not sure in this case. I hope we can keep on point here, to have a safe and open place to talk about this. I think Jason and Dave and everyone else would like it that way.
Cheers fellas

ALICE COOPER

#135 2018-06-26 5:59pm

Rollercam
Museum Newbie

Its been hard to concentrate reading all the posts that preceded this but I'll add my 2 cents. About 4 months I found out about this from another friend of Jay's

I met Jay in 1999 or so when i worked at a VW shop called Denon Performance. Jay was one of those guys who dominated whatever he was interested in at that time. BMX, then Videography, Recklessly fast driving that we used to do, mountain biking, Sledding whatever he did he seemed to have unbelievable charisma and confidence. This post is not about me but for context I raced mountain bikes in the 90's. I think the other part of Mental Illness (forgive me if this has been covered already) and depression, at least from my perspective in my 43 year old body are

-self worth based on achievement, you cant keep winning forever, hence depression
-coming out of a career, even as successful as Jay's was, gives you no foundation for earning to support a family or yourself
-the injuries really become apparent as the years increase (in my case I'm waiting for surgery as I have 4 herniated discs in my back, haven't walked very much in 3 months)
-a personality that loves taking risks, in every aspect of life

Add all that plus lots more, less generalization and more specific to the individual, and you see a lot of the people we looked up to saying " I'm out" and backing that up with actions

It shows in the stats that white middle age men are choosing this as everything closes in around you. Options from a job that doesn't require post secondary or living your life in pain emotional and physical becomes harder and harder

I may add to this but I'm done for now

I miss my friend

Board footer

View Cart →