You are not logged in.

SAVE THIS SITE NOW!  RSS Feed

#51 2017-07-08 10:12am

racer155
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 15

Re: SAVE THIS SITE NOW!

I have a PB account, I opened it years ago, but after using it for a few minutes I realized what a shitty platform it was and that the potential to lose everything on it, was up to someone other than me. I never really used it...
Hard drive space is cheap, it has been cheap for a long time.....also, the whole "sharing" bs.....I hope they go out of business. Keep your pics in your computer, back them up and done.
Sad to read that a lot of info on here and other forums will be lost....

So what will be the best way to preserve the info that's left and the info posted from now on?

#52 2017-07-08 10:17am

racer155
Pro Member
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 15

andrewc wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Not sure about that. The guys that provided like 90% of the good information that we draw on from old threads aren't really here anymore. Honestly, a lot of the guys here now aren't of the same caliber and that old information isn't going to come back because this site now hosts photos.

Yep, this is the truth and what makes it saddest.  10,000+ post posters with content that amounts to a hill of beans is the new profile.

Well, hopefully this will motivate members to re post or start sharing new and old info again...who knows?
Is text gone as well? What specific threads are "gone"? just curious...I noticed pics missing all over the site, but text is there.

Last edited by racer155 (2017-07-08 10:24am)

#53 2017-07-08 10:24am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 77
For Sale: 5
Website

racer155 wrote:

andrewc wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Not sure about that. The guys that provided like 90% of the good information that we draw on from old threads aren't really here anymore. Honestly, a lot of the guys here now aren't of the same caliber and that old information isn't going to come back because this site now hosts photos.

Yep, this is the truth and what makes it saddest.  10,000+ post posters with content that amounts to a hill of beans is the new profile.

Well, hopefully this will motivate members to re post or start sharing new and old info...who knows?
Is text gone as well? What specific threads are "gone"? just curious...I noticed pics missing all over the site, but text is there.

Threads are still there but any photos within the post with a Photobucket img code have defaulted to the that generic speedometer pic

#54 2017-07-08 10:24am

BMredneX
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

racer155 wrote:

andrewc wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Well, hopefully this will motivate members to re post or start sharing new and old info...who knows?

Only pics hosted by photobucket

#55 2017-07-08 11:02am

FJ40

If they don't outright reverse it, I really hope PB will reinstate the links for a limited amount of time so people can go back and edit posts. That's would obviously be a tremendous undertaking but could preserve some pics. This is a huge issue for millions of people so hopefully the bad press will pressure PB to do the right thing.

#56 2017-07-08 11:15am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Website

All pics in Museum Bikes/Reference/For Sale/any pics that where used by pushing the blue button "Select images to upload" are saved...

On a personal note, with my PB I didn't really lose anything important...

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#57 2017-07-08 11:31am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
Bikes: 1

I have to speak up voice my stance.
I tried to save allot of photos in an EMERGENCY SITUATION, hard to find images, decal scans, advertisements from bitd..allot of stuff ALLOT OF YOU may want someday...and frankly got shit for it. SO, why did I deserve the repremand????
For the that, why should I continue to think about other people if I'm bitched at???

I'd like to have a serious answer to this from admin please.
Please be respectful as I am to you. Thank you.

Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#58 2017-07-08 11:40am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 48
Website

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

I tried to save allot of photos in an EMERGENCY SITUATION, hard to find images, decal scans, advertisements from bitd..allot of stuff ALLOT OF YOU may want someday...and frankly got shit for it. SO, why did I deserve the repremand????
For the that, why should I continue to think about other people if I'm bitched at???

So now it's about you.
Give me a f@ckin break.
You are the one crying about sh1t all the time.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#59 2017-07-08 11:54am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 37
Website

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#60 2017-07-08 11:57am

oldschoolace
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 26

I know of a sitewide fix for everyone but it involves altering a small bit of code for this site. It works great but I imagine it would only be a stay of execution for the images as I see photobucket going totally before too long. Would possibly give the site time to affect a greater master plan though smile

Got a set of Knight bike co sith bars? Then shoot me a price please smile

#61 2017-07-08 12:09pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro MemberNOT Bubba Hayes
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 4

Raven wrote:

I hear you Kurt it is a big problem ,,lots of images from really good threads gone not only from this site but all over the web  photobucket has really created a mess and then has the hide to ask for close to $300 hundred dollars from people really poor form in my opinion and I honestly hope members boycott them from now on ,,,funny thing is I could sort of see it coming to this as photobucket is a very popular image loader ,,,, they are in a position were they can get away with this and make huge profits........sad
In regards to recovering lost valuable images from this site we will have to see what Nate comes up with as he is the Tech genius ,,,,I hope he can get as much back as possible , I have been cruising around the site and noticed a lot of images gone , it is heart breaking to see...hmm
One thing we all so should consider is using the site uploader more ,that way the image will not be lost when other image loader sites get greedy like photobucket and the image stay with in this site....wink

Remember guys and girls the machines are taking over I can hear that music from the Terminator .............https://s6.postimg.org/btgmowh5t/T_emot … r_club.gif

Funny. I complained about this about four years ago, in reference to offsite hosting pics being gone and how this site needed a way to host pics and was basically told to quit whining. How'd that work out for us??

I live for SE, Race Inc, Nomura, and Navajo!!

Hey guys, go ahead and keep selling everything SE, GJS, and Nomura to Thailand. Once it's gone it's NEVER coming back to the US. There really IS more to BMX collecting than money!!

If I hear the words "RARE", "GRAIL", or "SCORE" one more time, I'm gonna f'n puke. ALSO, NOS is NOT a condition description. Being NOS has NOTHING to do with the actual condition of the part.

BMX Museum, where every single "score" thread is followed by a FOR SALE thread 15 minutes later.

#62 2017-07-08 12:25pm

Haro7
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

Does any one know of a way to get all your pics from photobucket and save them on a flash drive for future use ??

Looking for :

* ACS Z-rim hoops/wheels in pink "Woody Itson" signature model …  * NOS/Mint Shimano DX pedals in Red or Blue ... * NOS/Mint Suntour XC-II pedals  9/16 ... * NOS / Mint Sugino 40 or 42 chain ring chrome  ...  * NOS / Mint MKS Grafight-X pedals  ...  * NOS chrome MX 1000 brakes  ...  * NOS  Tuf Neck power disc & chain ring in GOLD  ... 

#63 2017-07-08 12:29pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Raven wrote:

I hear you Kurt it is a big problem ,,lots of images from really good threads gone not only from this site but all over the web  photobucket has really created a mess and then has the hide to ask for close to $300 hundred dollars from people really poor form in my opinion and I honestly hope members boycott them from now on ,,,funny thing is I could sort of see it coming to this as photobucket is a very popular image loader ,,,, they are in a position were they can get away with this and make huge profits........sad
In regards to recovering lost valuable images from this site we will have to see what Nate comes up with as he is the Tech genius ,,,,I hope he can get as much back as possible , I have been cruising around the site and noticed a lot of images gone , it is heart breaking to see...hmm
One thing we all so should consider is using the site uploader more ,that way the image will not be lost when other image loader sites get greedy like photobucket and the image stay with in this site....wink

Remember guys and girls the machines are taking over I can hear that music from the Terminator .............https://s6.postimg.org/btgmowh5t/T_emot … r_club.gif

Funny. I complained about this about four years ago, in reference to offsite hosting pics being gone and how this site needed a way to host pics and was basically told to quit whining. How'd that work out for us??

Well, you're still whining......

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#64 2017-07-08 12:30pm

stonie
Website

Haro7 wrote:

Does any one know of a way to get all your pics from photobucket and save them on a flash drive for future use ??

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us … ing-Albums        smile

Last edited by stonie (2017-07-08 12:31pm)

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#65 2017-07-08 1:27pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Raven wrote:

Like I said, the discussion of hosting here started long ago yet it was only implemented just over a year ago. Too little too late? I mean bike submissions have been hosted here forever so the capacity to do so has always been there...

#66 2017-07-08 2:29pm

nate
Site Guru
Website

We've been hosting photos forever for Bikes, and I built Forsale and Reference sections (where we also host the photos) to be more permanent and structured sections to replace the related forums areas.

Imgur stopped working here in February of 2016, which is where I was hosting all my crappy photos to post on forums (mostly screenshots and GIFs explaining new features).

It's expensive to host photos for everybody, which is why Photobucket did this. Though I didn't hear of any warning, or I could have written a script to go through and scrape all the Photobucket images and stored them *somewhere*. The thing is, someone would still have to go through and sort out what was important from the surely hundreds of gigabytes of photos.

I heard about the issue from Twitter this yesterday (https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/sta … 9127941121) and thought of bmxmuseum.

It's easy for me to change the code to allow all users to upload photos like we set up for Pro Members, but that's up to Gary as he pays the monthly bill. All of those images are all stored on Amazon S3, so the more photos that are added, the higher the monthly bill goes up.

We're discussing it in an admin forum so I'm sure there will be an answer soon.

#67 2017-07-08 2:44pm

pkh1974
Centurion Member
Bikes: 12

I think photof#*!it should grandfather our old pics.  I personally have 1300 pics on there.  Tons of bike pics posted on several sites.  Those postings are now all text only.
I think what they have done is criminal. Extortion. 
I hope they change their mind.
Photof*#€it can photosuckit!

#68 2017-07-08 2:45pm

DIPSOMANIAC
AdminALCOHOL YA LATER!
Bikes: 6

stonie wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

So now it's about you.
Give me a f@ckin break.

lol lol lol

I'm letting the liquor do most of the thinking.....

***If you sell here take a minute to update your buyer!***
***If you buy here have some patience, this isn't Amazon, it's a hobby to most.***

#69 2017-07-08 2:57pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

DIPSOMANIAC wrote:

stonie wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

So now it's about you.
Give me a f@ckin break.

lol lol lol

No comment

#70 2017-07-08 3:18pm

FJ40

Once you figure out a $$$ amount I am happy to kick in some extra to help cover the additional storage expenses.

#71 2017-07-08 3:48pm

stonie
Website

How to delete your free Photobucket account           wink
F@ck em, what Photobucket did was BS, no warning at all        hmm

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/17782/photobucket-sucks596160cf8f.jpg

#72 2017-07-08 4:16pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79

Bon wrote:

Holy F*CK!!!

4 hours?

This is not good news.

1 fb folder the one full of all my GT bikes that had been mine at one time. is a small folder took 6 hours to back up / download to my PC. garnet my PC is older model. but ya 6 hours .yikes

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#73 2017-07-08 4:22pm

FJ40

stonie wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 60cf8f.jpg

Why not wait and see what happens before you delete your account?

#74 2017-07-08 4:27pm

stonie
Website

FJ40 wrote:

stonie wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 60cf8f.jpg

Why not wait and see what happens before you delete your account?

I have been on the verge of bailing Photobucket for years.
Most of the previous issues were their glitchy slow as hell website.

I'm just done with them.

Doesn't matter what kind of band-aid they throw out there
when they get their a$$ handed to them by the general public  wink

#75 2017-07-08 4:29pm

stonie
Website

So I just now deleted my account.
Says it will be completed on 7/10/2017

Guess they don't work on the weekend? WTF?

So I went ahead and deleted all my pictures in the mean time.
...and yes, I downloaded all 237 pictures that I had on there, before deleting anything.

Board footer

View Cart →