#51 2019-06-30 7:33pm

badbill
Born Ruthless
Bikes: 6

Re: eBay Sell_All_His_Stuff NOS Scam

jberg27 wrote:

badbill wrote:

jberg27 wrote:

At some point doesn't the barn/warehouse finally have to run out of old stuff?  It seems like they are approaching that point and then what are they going to do??

Sell_all_your_stuff

I guess I should have added the note about being tongue-in-cheek with that last comment.

lol

#52 2019-07-01 10:04am

Rolexmd69bmxaloT
Pro Member
Bikes: 25

If you keep buying from them you WILL eventually encounter issues.  Some serious and some very minor.  Let me be clear on my own experiences with them........   I realize all this stuff was once housed in a old tin warehouse and got moved to Texas when Earl passed away.  Not all of the inventory is new.  Some stuff will have storage damage or even shipping damage.  NOS doesn't mean mint a lot of times.  If you buy from them and have an issue like you received the wrong product they will resolve it in some way or another if you act in a timely fashion .  I am not sure how Earl kept his inventory back in the day and am sure his daughter has had a chore figuring it out and im guessing because of that fact I personally have received the wrong hoops but they fixed the error.  I didn't ever feel like they were trying to scam anyone I just don't believe they are as passionate about the inventory as most of us are as buyers and collectors.  Like anything in this world I will assume when they eventually run out of inventory they will have been paid out on their inheritance.  End of story

Last edited by Rolexmd69bmxaloT (2019-07-01 10:24am)

Life is short.  Spend it!  Looking for: I will PAY top dollar for a Fishbone 1-1/8 X-UFO  detangler.  Also need Hevron Haro stem.  Have mid school goodness to trade also.

#53 2019-07-01 11:08am

Undercover
Pro MemberHot to Death
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 4

I find that the shelf wear on my wind styler items is the prefect patina that I seek. NOS is too new for me. A like a little wear that way I don’t feel horrible when I scratch it. I should also mention my positive experiences were on here an not on the bay so maybe there is a different quality control. Like I said no issues with this seller on here.

#54 2019-07-01 2:18pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 1

jberg27 wrote:

At some point doesn't the barn/warehouse finally have to run out of old stuff?  It seems like they are approaching that point and then what are they going to do??

no they keep buying used BMX clean them up then part them out. Bam restocked barn/ ebay store.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#55 2019-07-01 2:22pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16
Website

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

jberg27 wrote:

no they keep buying used BMX clean them up then part them out. Bam restocked barn/ ebay store.

Hmmm, really?
How do you know this Freek?

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#56 2019-07-01 2:33pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

stonie wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

jberg27 wrote:

Hmmm, really?

their was another thread on museum about it. but thread went south of like a crazy train and it just diapered/ got locked down or what ever you call it. when you can't find it any more.. some members were calming they sold their bike locally to some one . then seen it for sale on ebay under Earl's stuff.

#57 2019-07-01 2:58pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16
Website

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

stonie wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

Hmmm, really?

their was another thread on museum about it. but thread went south of like a crazy train and it just diapered/ got locked down or what ever you call it. when you can't find it any more.. some members were calming they sold their bike locally to some one . then seen it for sale on ebay under Earl's stuff.

Ahha, well that sounds interesting.

Thanks for the explanation     wink

That ebay seller has a story, which actually is a great business move.
One of the top things a company needs when marketing is a solid story about the company.
You know, something that pulls at the the consumer heart strings kinda like donating to charity/helping the needy/etc.

That said I have never seen it stated that they only sell what Earl had passed down.
So really it's not shady or anything like that if they sell other things that weren't Earls stuff.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#58 2019-07-01 3:21pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Bikes: 12

stonie wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

stonie wrote:

Hmmm, really?

Ahha, well that sounds interesting.

Thanks for the explanation     wink

That ebay seller has a story, which actually is a great business move.
One of the top things a company needs when marketing is a solid story about the company.
You know, something that pulls at the the consumer heart strings kinda like donating to charity/helping the needy/etc.

That said I have never seen it stated that they only sell what Earl had passed down.
So really it's not shady or anything like that if they sell other things that weren't Earls stuff.

Agreed.  All that matters is you got what you saw in pics and read about in the description.

I have bought a lot of stuff from them.  Had an issue with one item they resolved immediately.

My only "problem" is what was stated, they do not have the passion for the bikes and it is all about getting maximum money out of them.  But that is another discussion. lol

Overall, my experience with them was positive.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#59 2019-07-01 3:50pm

jberg27
Pro Member
Bikes: 34

It seems like its fair to say to Earl was a magician when it came to managing his working capital in order to hold that much inventory before he closed.  I recall the bike shops I frequented as a a kid and they had no where near the backstock that he seemed to accumulate.  It would not have taken my local shop year's to work off their leftover inventory.

#60 2019-07-01 4:21pm

fairlyodddad

jberg27 wrote:

It seems like its fair to say to Earl was a magician when it came to managing his working capital in order to hold that much inventory before he closed.  I recall the bike shops I frequented as a a kid and they had no where near the backstock that he seemed to accumulate.  It would not have taken my local shop year's to work off their leftover inventory.

Yeah, however, I believe Earl was a collector, too.  Probably had the shop stock and then Earl's stock. lol

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#61 2019-07-01 8:26pm

QueensFinest72
Pro MemberNew York State of Mind

Hey just my thoughts on this topic off topic. I recently made a purchase from a seller from Australia. Same gimmick, selling off his old school NOS stock that he been collecting for past 30 years plus. Paid $500 for a set of NOS Nippons with Lever and cables. Guess what? Received brake set with cables that were clearly used and abused. Filed claim with Ebay. He was nasty about the ordeal, but I  got my money refunded and shipped his items back.

#62 2019-07-01 9:14pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Bikes: 3

The story and status of what is left of Earl's stuff yet and whether that is what's being sold, kinda reminds me of Mitchell's Mausers. Seller who originally got a hold of caches of WW2 era Mausers and corresponding accessories for them. Now, how do you keep that business model going when you run out of secret stores of mausers?

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

#63 2019-07-01 11:49pm

fairlyodddad

Ricknyc2000 wrote:

Hey just my thoughts on this topic off topic. I recently made a purchase from a seller from Australia. Same gimmick, selling off his old school NOS stock that he been collecting for past 30 years plus. Paid $500 for a set of NOS Nippons with Lever and cables. Guess what? Received brake set with cables that were clearly used and abused. Filed claim with Ebay. He was nasty about the ordeal, but I  got my money refunded and shipped his items back.

Howidothis by chance?

#64 2019-07-02 5:45am

QueensFinest72

fairlyodddad wrote:

Ricknyc2000 wrote:

Howidothis by chance?

WOW! You hit the nail right on the head. Yep that's him. You've dealt with him???

#65 2019-07-02 10:15am

fairlyodddad

Ricknyc2000 wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

Ricknyc2000 wrote:

Howidothis by chance?

WOW! You hit the nail right on the head. Yep that's him. You've dealt with him???

Yeah.  Sold a bunch of Skyway stuff to Rarebmx1980 on this site and, somehow, those very same items got listed under howidothis on ebay a while later.  Hooked him up with what I thought was a fellow builder deal not knowing he would resell it.  For example, the black Skyway stem I sold I was very clear that it was refinished.  It was resold as OG sitting around in his collection for over 25 years. mad

It is a shame there are people that do this.  Makes me all the more reluctant to hook up a buyer since just not sure...

Last edited by fairlyodddad (2019-07-02 10:20am)

#66 2019-07-02 10:22am

badbill
Born Ruthless

Earl was great. RIP. I bought a thing or 2 off him on ebay and it was just as described but these "family" members are ruthless. That Auburn they had/have for sale is no way NOS but anyways wtf do I know. I do know if Earl was still alive today he'd be smacking them kids around with that ruler he had.
The parting of NOS bicycles should be a law punishable by a life of sanding and polishing with no chance of parole.

#67 2019-07-02 11:18am

FRESSTYLE FREEK

badbill wrote:

Earl was great. RIP. I bought a thing or 2 off him on ebay and it was just as described but these "family" members are ruthless. That Auburn they had/have for sale is no way NOS but anyways wtf do I know. I do know if Earl was still alive today he'd be smacking them kids around with that ruler he had.
The parting of NOS bicycles should be a law punishable by a life of sanding and polishing with no chance of parole.

those were the good old days. he had NOS in the box Gyros in every color of the rainbow. for $25.00 each. now his his kids sell ones puled off bikes. just  one piece of the Gyro $40.00  roll

#68 2019-07-02 10:32pm

badbill
Born Ruthless

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

badbill wrote:

those were the good old days. he had NOS in the box Gyros in every color of the rainbow. for $25.00 each. now his his kids sell ones puled off bikes. just  one piece of the Gyro $40.00  roll

I know. It's sad. They should really get real jobs.

#69 2019-07-07 12:30pm

hawhaw86
Pro Member

I’ve seen her sell the same bike for 5-6 different prices. All fluctuating wildly. 2400, then 1400, then 3200. No rhyme or reasoning it seems, just throwing prices up there and hoping something sells. Anyways.. I now see parts off that bike going for even crazier prices. I believe they’re ending up in a “bind” so to speak, after parting out all of these “nos” bikes, with the hard to find or rare parts obviously selling first, now they’re stuck with a bunch of v brakes and over priced run of the mill frames. No wonder they’re selling the used stuff as NOS now. It’s very clear the people running it, his kids or whoever it is, has no idea what they’re doing or even talking about. They’d be better off selling under a new name. Disgraceful.

#70 2019-07-23 12:19pm

Rider4Life86
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

That sucks, I thought her brother Danny was running things now?

(WTB-83/84 Kashimax In Red)

Won’t deal with BigP, JayEdiesel, SteelHorses, dcoy1973, TABS!

#71 2019-07-23 12:37pm

Rider4Life86
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

hawhaw86 wrote:

I’ve seen her sell the same bike for 5-6 different prices. All fluctuating wildly. 2400, then 1400, then 3200. No rhyme or reasoning it seems, just throwing prices up there and hoping something sells. Anyways.. I now see parts off that bike going for even crazier prices. I believe they’re ending up in a “bind” so to speak, after parting out all of these “nos” bikes, with the hard to find or rare parts obviously selling first, now they’re stuck with a bunch of v brakes and over priced run of the mill frames. No wonder they’re selling the used stuff as NOS now. It’s very clear the people running it, his kids or whoever it is, has no idea what they’re doing or even talking about. They’d be better off selling under a new name. Disgraceful.

Dan, admitted to me that he hasn’t a clue about BMX stuff and uses google to get his prices..... I highly doubt they’re still selling “Earls Collection” still til this day.....

(WTB-83/84 Kashimax In Red)

Won’t deal with BigP, JayEdiesel, SteelHorses, dcoy1973, TABS!

#72 2020-10-13 10:46pm

nintendoninja
Pro Member"GT JUGGALO"

Old ass thread but whatever lol
Way back in 1996 I bought a brand new GT Mach Two at the bike shop that came with wheels like that, that had sanded sidewalls.
It was very rough and didnt look factory yet it's how it came from the factory.
I remember it looked like someone took 40 grit and sanded in 2 directions kinda like XXXXXXX...

- WTB 2004 Redline Retro Squareback -
- WTB Knight Retro Goose Trails Frame -

#73 2020-11-27 6:38pm

canieto
Museum Newbie
Website

What do you recommend to me directly to start?

#74 2020-11-27 6:51pm

Undercover
Pro MemberHot to Death
For Sale: 4

Earls stuff had alway done right by me. I got these blazing grips got a song. Tell me they aren’t the real thing https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/220163/image5f650dcfc5.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/220163/6c15e0ac-f6da-40e6-84c4-2d03f628b7315f650d9756.jpeg

#75 2020-11-27 9:07pm

QueensFinest72

Undercover wrote:

Earls stuff had alway done right by me. I got these blazing grips got a song. Tell me they aren’t the real thing https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0dcfc5.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d9756.jpeg

Got a song? Huh!!!

Board footer