You are not logged in.

eBay Sell_All_His_Stuff NOS Scam

#1 2017-03-30 10:49am

DvBrien
The Realist
Bikes: 4

eBay Sell_All_His_Stuff NOS Scam

If you haven't seen my for sale post I'll fill you in. Since posting I have had other members send me feedback on their experience too.

Here's Mine.

I bought a set GT of NOS wheels for a mid 90's Auburn on eBay from the user sell_all_his_stuff. These wheels were delivered and sat (unopened) in the package for 7 months. I had made 4 past purchases with them so I knew what to expect. Well, I opened them 2 weeks ago when I was planning to finish my 95 Auburn. I discovered that not only were these not NOS but they were not the wheels I bought period. The side walls have been sanded (I assume to remove the brake rub). So, I contacted the seller. After 2 weeks of ignoring emails and/or making excuses, Anne admitted that she believed they made a mistake and sent the wrong wheels, but refused to offer a refund or return the wheels. Integrity much? Unfortunately, I have no recourse since my 6 month PayPal limit has expired... This serves as my ability to expose Anne to the BMX community since, she is a skilled liar and successful in getting eBay to remove the negative feedback I left her. When I called eBay to ask why it was removed, they said there was no documented reason and it should have remained...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/206089/20170310_11175258c2e6cd10_blowup58dd4519a5.jpg

Last edited by its-all-good (2017-03-30 4:10pm)

Make me an offer I can't refuse, but click on my name before making an offer...

#2 2017-03-30 11:19am

saskbmx
BMXer 4 Life

Re: eBay Sell_All_His_Stuff NOS Scam

lesson learned. open it up and verify right away.

#3 2017-03-30 11:46am

80sbikedude
AdminBugs Bunny Bmx'er
Bikes: 67
For Sale: 1
Website

saskbmx wrote:

+1 on that

ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

#4 2017-03-30 11:49am

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT
Bikes: 2

7 months. lol

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#5 2017-03-30 11:58am

general hustler
"GHramps"
Bikes: 12
Website

Earl would be ripshit

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

--------------------------------
NOW YOU FUNNY TOO

#6 2017-03-30 12:25pm

Chevron Envy
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 18

7 months until you OPEN the package?  I mean, how long do you think you SHOULD have before you've relinquished the right to give negative feedback or have recourse?

If you would have noticed the problem, say within a reasonable time, 2 weeks, a month (still too long in my opinion), and THEN mentioned something to Annie about it she would have had the opportunity to correct it.  You didn't really give her the chance to make it right, in my opinion.  The buyer / seller relationship is based on a HUGE underlying basic principle....both parties being reasonable.

I feel bad for you, and I've procrastinated on things in MY life, but if it was something that I waited too long to do, and found out there's a consequence for that delay, that's on ME.

Early '85 Haro Masters are my thing!
Always selling / buying 1985-specific Haro Master Items (especially early serial numbers)
Collector of Redline 401's and Sugino 400's parts, Diamond Back Turbo cranks and BB's too!

#7 2017-03-30 12:28pm

DvBrien
The Realist

saskbmx wrote:

Yep... I had another 20 boxes from other sellers I hadn't opened either... Until this happened. Everything else was good... Anne has been doing this for a while now apparently. Can I post screenshots of other members who wrote to me about what she did to them?

#8 2017-03-30 12:32pm

DvBrien
The Realist

Chevron Envy wrote:

7 months until you OPEN the package?  I mean, how long do you think you SHOULD have before you've relinquished the right to give negative feedback or have recourse?

If you would have noticed the problem, say within a reasonable time, 2 weeks, a month (still too long in my opinion), and THEN mentioned something to Annie about it she would have had the opportunity to correct it.  You didn't really give her the chance to make it right, in my opinion.

She admitted fault when she looked at the number tag on the wheels (it's her handwriting and her tag) and then my auction number. Then said tough shit, it's been too long and you can't do anything about it... I'd say she had a chance. Ya it's my fault for trusting someone I had bought from several times before... hmm

Last edited by DvBrien (2017-03-30 12:35pm)

#9 2017-03-30 3:36pm

general hustler
"GHramps"
Website

It sucks when some one is a dick out of nowhere. Like when some one who isn't buying calls out the price on a for sale thread.

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

NOW YOU FUNNY TOO

#10 2017-03-30 3:43pm

mongoosefs1
Museum Addict

tonguelollol

(.y.)
Early Og Om Flyer In Blue!!!

#11 2017-03-30 3:56pm

Slow90gsx
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

I for some reason dont check everything promptly either. Sucks this happened to you. Thanks for the heads up!

Looking to sell everything I have, (for the most part)

#12 2017-03-30 4:34pm

pkripper68bmx
Pro MemberOriginal Finish Only

hmm

#13 2017-03-30 4:52pm

DvBrien
The Realist

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/206089/screenshot_2017-03-30-18-49-20-158dd9a1b8b.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/206089/screenshot_2017-03-30-18-47-23-158dd9a2dbc.png

#14 2017-03-30 5:07pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 1
Website

general hustler wrote:

It sucks when some one is a dick out of nowhere. Like when some one who isn't buying calls out the price on a for sale thread.

lol

I never log off and I had to disable my screen saver because it was causing problems , making me have to restart my computer every time it kicked on. Please keep that in mind if you message me and I don't reply back right away. Thanks.

#15 2017-03-30 9:27pm

howzyamomwewentout

IT REALLY DOES TAKE SKILL TO HAVE A NEG FEEDBACK REMOVED FROM EBAY

looking to buy a somewhat affordable 87 pft team model rider - mission impossible ? sad -payment plan smile ...
if not than an 85-87 pro world tour or pro freestyle tour complete as original as possible will do ...
the brighter or rarer the color the better ... thanks gents ... this site is heaven

#16 2017-03-31 4:31am

Chevron Envy
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 18

For what it's worth.....

I've dealt with Earl in the past, many times, and it's well documented that he wasn't the easiest to deal with for sure.  When I think back, anyone else I probably would have told to "go pound sand" but where else could you buy NOS Oakely B2's for $40, those were the days....but I digress.

I haven't dealt with Annie much myself, but I have a few times, and the transactions were....ehhh....OK.  The items weren't exactly as described and I had to contact her about them.  So I know what others are talking about here, I've experienced it myself.

Early '85 Haro Masters are my thing!
Always selling / buying 1985-specific Haro Master Items (especially early serial numbers)
Collector of Redline 401's and Sugino 400's parts, Diamond Back Turbo cranks and BB's too!

#17 2017-03-31 6:33am

toberad
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

howzyamomwewentout wrote:

IT REALLY DOES TAKE SKILL TO HAVE A NEG FEEDBACK REMOVED FROM EBAY

Why are you shouting.....

Buy everything... sell nothing

I CAN'T BRAIN TODAY....
i GOT THE STUPID....

#18 2017-03-31 6:36am

Iceman
Pro MemberSEAT GUT IDIOT

I thought you couldn't leave feedback after 60 days?

neither was any thing ells are government gave away simi free. that's why this country's broke and six trillion dollars in det already.

so what if they make the hole a little more deeper hole. ether way were screwed. but for now some are kinda happy.

#19 2017-03-31 9:03am

DvBrien
The Realist

Iceman wrote:

I thought you couldn't leave feedback after 60 days?

That is correct...
However, I had purchased a stem from her before I opened the wheels... The stem was supposed to be NOS also. When I got it there were hammer marks on the underside and Nick's and gouges on the sides. I left feedback for the condition of the stem stating that she's selling NOS items but shipping used and damaged goods... She got the feedback removed by telling them I left feedback for a different item than the item she had most recently sent. When I called eBay the eBay supervisor said either way the feedback was relevant and should have remained. The notated her account (big deal) but did discipline the employee who removed the feedback... I got screwed on the last 2 items I bought from her but I can fix the stem. They sell for $100+ and I got it for $45 because you guys were sleeping at the wheel.
big_smile

#20 2017-04-04 11:53am

DvBrien
The Realist

Just looking through her auctions, looks like they are stripping bikes and listing everything separately as NOS too.

#21 2017-04-04 5:27pm

Irata
Pro Member
Bikes: 33

I almost bid on those Haro bars, but couldn't get past how beat up they looked. Just had to be off a used bike.

I did get a set of NOS Powerlite hubs and tires from her a few years back though, that were as described.

#22 2017-04-04 6:07pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY

DvBrien wrote:

Just looking through her auctions, looks like they are stripping bikes and listing everything separately as NOS too.

Yeah, I was about to post about this.

I got a 87 StreetBeat from them and hated the fact she sold everything separate and would not even entertain the notion of keeping it complete.

I mean, even separated the upper and lower SpinMaster2 cables and parts. WTF!?

Overall, I would say I was satisfied with the deal.  But feel they charge way too much for shipping on large items, but did use my FedEx Acct. no problem, so, yeah not too bad.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#23 2017-04-04 7:01pm

esp_mini_wi
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

Years ago I bought a hutch  box from them in auction and I sent payment right away and about a week goes by and my money was refunded  for no reason . I sent them a message telling them I really wanted the box and  they said it couldn't be shipped then they offered to cut  it up and send it to me .  Seriously  my only other dealing with them was on a pair of airwalk shoes  the shoes arrived and as soon as I touched the foam between leather and the rubber sole they literally fell apart  I WILL never buy from those idiots again

I need beaners!!!!!!

#24 2017-04-04 7:15pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY

esp_mini_wi wrote:

Years ago I bought a hutch  box from them in auction and I sent payment right away and about a week goes by and my money was refunded  for no reason . I sent them a message telling them I really wanted the box and  they said it couldn't be shipped then they offered to cut  it up and send it to me .  Seriously  my only other dealing with them was on a pair of airwalk shoes  the shoes arrived and as soon as I touched the foam between leather and the rubber sole they literally fell apart  I WILL never buy from those idiots again

lol

I wonder if that is why they told me they can't find the box when I asked for it...hmm.

LMAO

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#25 2017-04-05 12:27pm

DvBrien
The Realist

I was sent a msg on eBay from a guy in CO who was refunded for a bike he bought from them after waiting 2 weeks and couldn't get a reply about the shipping. Then noticed his bike was then parted out being offered up in pieces...

Sounds like these folks have no basement and will stoop to any level to make a buck!

Board footer