Star wars toys
Action figures in general, TV, Movies
Stomper 4x4s
80s VHS Movies
pigs (dont ask)
Orange items i find interesting
Just got back into comics

Rev

Last edited by revshawn (2008-08-06 6:02pm)

Even after 30 years, its just like riding a bike.

#52 2008-08-06 6:01pm

Night Stalker
Intermediate

Re: So, what else do you collect?

"I want to build an all in one cabinet with Coleco games...especially the Donkey Kong series.  Just don't know how to do it on the cheap."

Thats exactly what I wanted too.  I wanted all 3 Donkey Kong games and more.  I did some research and discovered it is called MAME.  It came down to me buying an old school baby blue Donkey Kong cabinet, removing the monitor and electronics out of it. I put in a 21" tv and a regular desktop computer.  With that I was able to go to the various MAME sites and download all the games I wanted for my cagbinet and wire it to the joystix using an I-Pac controller. I have 100 games on there now.

Do a search for MAME and you can get whatever you want.  I found my cabinet on Ebay.  Do a search for empty arcade cabinets.

#53 2008-08-06 6:05pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

Got any pics?

I'd almost be willing to build the cabinet, but the finishing would raise the price too much.

AJ

Night Stalker wrote:

"I want to build an all in one cabinet with Coleco games...especially the Donkey Kong series.  Just don't know how to do it on the cheap."

Thats exactly what I wanted too.  I wanted all 3 Donkey Kong games and more.  I did some research and discovered it is called MAME.  It came down to me buying an old school baby blue Donkey Kong cabinet, removing the monitor and electronics out of it. I put in a 21" tv and a regular desktop computer.  With that I was able to go to the various MAME sites and download all the games I wanted for my cagbinet and wire it to the joystix using an I-Pac controller. I have 100 games on there now.

Do a search for MAME and you can get whatever you want.  I found my cabinet on Ebay.  Do a search for empty arcade cabinets.

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

Energy and persistence conquer all things.

Enough radiation was released to create seventeen Hulks and a Spiderman.

#54 2008-08-06 6:08pm

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
Bikes: 17

mcseforsale wrote:

I want to build an all in one cabinet with Coleco games...especially the Donkey Kong series.  Just don't know how to do it on the cheap.

AJ

Awesome!!!!

Start by buying my Mint Coleco system from me lol

(show  us the YoYo's  ... when you get a chance of course smile )

— — — — —
"Ahhh, Home Crap Home...."

#55 2008-08-06 6:46pm

caezar
Trophy Hoarder
Bikes: 11
Website

I have been diligently working on collecting dust for about 36 years now big_smile

Oh, and i have a nice collection of scars,  physical and emotional........thanKs PAUL RUBENS...

Jeremy Rieken

WANTED:  1990 Dyno Pro Compe....

#56 2008-08-06 6:47pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

I have a coleco and a couple of games...but I can't get it to work.  I also have an Atari 5200 kicking around without the power adapter.

Sounds like I got a lot of swap fodder!  I got some swatches (direct from Germany...from my mother-in-laws many business trips over the years), some NIB models, etc.

Hmmmmm.. roll

In order for me to get all my yos in one place would require me to open every toolbox, drawer and box in my house.  I keep one in almost every area of the house so that I can throw for a little while when I get the whim.  I actually starting yo-ing when I was a database engineer.  It was the only legal activity I could do while loading databases on servers and standing between the server racks.  Probably only 24" apart.  It helped when loading Oracle...which used to take over 4 hours. tongue

I'll see what I can dig up and take some pics.

AJ

chromey wrote:

mcseforsale wrote:

I want to build an all in one cabinet with Coleco games...especially the Donkey Kong series.  Just don't know how to do it on the cheap.

AJ

Awesome!!!!

Start by buying my Mint Coleco system from me lol

(show  us the YoYo's  ... when you get a chance of course smile )

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

#57 2008-08-06 6:59pm

chemcopout
BMX Chick
Bikes: 12

caezar wrote:

I have been diligently working on collecting dust for about 36 years now big_smile

Oh, and i have a nice collection of scars,  physical and emotional........thanKs PAUL RUBENS...

pee-wee can have that affect on people lol

I stopped begging for help with the bike drive. If you see this and wish to donate parts send me a message. Anything and everything is accepted and appreciated smile

Sell me all your S&M parts!!!
...And go look at my S&M bikes:

#58 2008-08-06 7:04pm

68l89
Expert
Bikes: 14
Website

All I have to say is..YOU GUYS COLLECT SOME WEIRD A$$ SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

70s bmx..........................PERIOD

#59 2008-08-06 7:25pm

djd93306
Vet Pro
Bikes: 34

I like Packers stuff, yes I am from Ca. while they are Wisc. but thats always been my team. I also like baseball cards, models and Xbox360+old school video games like Atari, Sega Genesis, Super Nes and Nes.

Can you ever really have enough GT's?

#60 2008-08-06 7:30pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

OK, Chromey...here's but a taste of what I can find.  It's about half of them.  Eventually, I'ma gonna fix up the office and hang the PWT in there and change the border.  Then, I plan on putting all the yo's on display.

In the garage, while paint is drying, etc:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01771.jpg

These are the most played.  Purple Custom Yoyo Chain Reactor (I also have a rootbeer colored reactor, wich is not a butterfly shape).  The only problem with the aluminum yo's is when they hit you in the wrist, it breaks blood vessels.  But they spin forever.  Next is a collectible Vision Streetwear yo.  It's a Tom Kuhn laminate yo.  Then there's an old-school Bumblebee GT.

Next, the kitchen yo.  I use it for when I'm at the grill...waiting for the burgers to flip.  It's a new brand of yo that I've forgotten:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01772.jpg

Dresser drawer yos.  These are just some that I've picked up over the years.  Some are collectible, some I give away to kids who see me yo and want to try:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01773.jpg

Finally, the office yos.  This is a hodgepodge of them all.  First one from the left is the original addiction yo.  It's a yomega fireball in clear/blue.  It's really nice for a sleeve yo.  There's also a Tom Kuhn Appollo in there (the multi-color laminate) that when it spins it turns a milky white color...wierd!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01774.jpg

More office yo's.  Original competition ProYo on the left, then some McDonald's Yomega's that I originally had all of.  They're not bad players...sleeved, not bearings.  Then some no-names that are good players.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01775.jpg

One that I found on the floor in the office.  Little man must've found it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01776.jpg

And, my oldest Matchbox.  I have a 48 case of them from the 70s.  Don't know what they're worth, but there's some interesting ones.  This one is called "stake truck" and is part of series #4.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/mcseforsale/YOS_AND_HOES/DSC01778.jpg

There's another box of yo's hanging around here somewhere.  It's a fun hobby in that there's actually an activity involved (learning tricks, etc) along with collecting.

AJ

#61 2008-08-06 7:49pm

djd93306
Vet Pro

Woh, stake truck is so dam awesome! That makes me wanta take up Hotwheels lol.

#62 2008-08-06 7:53pm

smitche
Abides
Bikes: 5

djd93306 wrote:

I like Packers stuff, yes I am from Ca. while they are Wisc. but thats always been my team. I also like baseball cards, models and Xbox360+old school video games like Atari, Sega Genesis, Super Nes and Nes.

bringing up the packers right now is just not right... very sad about the future of my team right now. by the way, i'm also from cali and love the packers. have my own cheesehead and all.

#63 2008-08-06 8:08pm

djd93306
Vet Pro

smitche wrote:

djd93306 wrote:

bringing up the packers right now is just not right... very sad about the future of my team right now. by the way, i'm also from cali and love the packers. have my own cheesehead and all.

Thats awesome man, so I guess im not alone. I however feel that the teams ok with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, I think he might be able to go without so many picks all the while handing the ball off to Grant(if Grant gets a deal and comes back that is). But you are right, its tuff to know who to root for when you know who is wanting a spot back on the team lol. tongue

#64 2008-08-06 8:38pm

Night Stalker
Intermediate

Here is my basement.  I have 4 more games since this pic.

http://www.alienprojects.com/ArcadeRoom1.JPG
http://www.alienprojects.com/ArcadeRoom2.JPG

#65 2008-08-06 8:43pm

smitche
Abides

djd93306 wrote:

smitche wrote:

djd93306 wrote:

Thats awesome man, so I guess im not alone. I however feel that the teams ok with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, I think he might be able to go without so many picks all the while handing the ball off to Grant(if Grant gets a deal and comes back that is). But you are right, its tuff to know who to root for when you know who is wanting a spot back on the team lol. tongue

don't get me wrong, rodgers is a good choice for them, and grant really set the team on fire last season... i just think it'll be a couple seasons before rodgers will really be able to fill favre's shoes as the leader of the team. it does, however, look like i'm going to have to do some rooting for the bucs this season, but the packers will always be my team.

#66 2008-08-06 8:44pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

Lemme know if you ever need a left nut.  I'll trade it for that kong machine.

AJ

Night Stalker wrote:

#67 2008-08-06 8:48pm

caezar
Trophy Hoarder
Bikes: 11
Website

Knight Stalker, i have that same gyrus machine, i have  Mario brothers in a DK cabinet, i have bad lands, (just like sprint), defender and a Q-bert machine.

You work on these yourself?

Jeremy Rieken

WANTED:  1990 Dyno Pro Compe....

#68 2008-08-06 8:51pm

mcseforsale
Pro Member

Tron is one of the most influential movies/games in modern movie/game history.  I loved that game...even though I was so bad at it.

AJ

#69 2008-08-06 8:57pm

Night Stalker
Intermediate

Yeah I do all my own maint. on them.  Currently I have

Ninja Turtles in a Donkey Kong cab
Sprint
Gyruss
Tron
SCI
Invasion
Shadow Dancers
Double Dragon
TKO
and a MAME machine that has a ton of games on it.

Got the room set up all 80's style with movie posters and record covers on the wall with black lights on the ceiling.

#70 2008-08-06 9:14pm

djd93306
Vet Pro

Night Stalker wrote:

Yeah I do all my own maint. on them.  Currently I have

Ninja Turtles in a Donkey Kong cab
Sprint
Gyruss
Tron
SCI
Invasion
Shadow Dancers
Double Dragon
TKO
and a MAME machine that has a ton of games on it.

Got the room set up all 80's style with movie posters and record covers on the wall with black lights on the ceiling.

Bro, that is SO sick! I havent seen a collection quite like yours yet. Absolutely SICK!!

#71 2008-08-08 9:39am

chromey
Pro MemberObi-Wan Chromey
Bikes: 17

NIGHT STALKER.. I AM DAMN IMPRESSED!!!!!!!

That's serious....! 
You even have the TRON machine....... Is your name really FLYNN?
smile

----------

AJ, great YoYos!
I totally had the CocaCola Light up yoyo when I was a kid.

— — — — —
"Ahhh, Home Crap Home...."

#72 2008-08-08 9:48am

DOMPHIPPSIO
Pro Member
Website

wow, i have just looked in this thread for the first time, some excellent stuff smile

Im loving those axes Matt, i must admit i am a les paul man but for for looks and sound than practicality, it does weigh a ton. I only have a couple of epi's too although thay sond quite decent

cool

#73 2008-08-08 10:12am

nybble
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

Night Stalker wrote:

Niiiiiiiiiice!! big_smile
Looks like my bro's basement. He has:

Ms. Pacman
Ninja Gaiden
Dig Dug
Final Fight
NeoGeo (with a boxes and boxes of cartridges... I like Metal Slug lol)

and of course:
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 3 ??? or some other SF
Street Fighter Alpha 3

sry... didn't mean to hi-jack post.
ok, I collected silver dimes at one point (over 200+) and some displays of pennies from 1918-present. cool
Hmm, I don't know where those are.lollol

My stash.  Ride on. smile

#74 2008-08-08 10:19am

nybble
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

chromey wrote:

Meanwhile.. I ended up buying this Mint in Box, Coleco Vision.  (anyone else into these?)
http://verydesign.net/bmx/coleco.jpg

Back then? Hell yeah!!! big_smile

remember PIT-FALL ? wink

My stash.  Ride on. smile

#75 2008-08-08 10:20am

Rake
Pro MemberSanity Assassin
Website

I've collected STD's since '88.

Board footer