You are not logged in.

Made in America bmx and Trumpisms  RSS Feed

#1 2017-01-21 5:57am

oldschoolace
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 27

Made in America bmx and Trumpisms

So ignoring your personal political standpoint and any cheap jibes aimed at Trump or Obama how do you see Trumps idea to "buy American, Hire American" panning out in the world of bmx?
We have already established in other threads that to buy American usually equals extra costs and does not necessarily always equal better quality so what cost patriotism when it comes down to your riding?

Can Trump encourage America to buy American irrespective of cost?
What would it take? subsidies for American manufacturers, taxes/embargoes for overseas manufacturers?

Is the American bmx market about to have a renaissance?

Got a set of Knight bike co sith bars? Then shoot me a price please smile

#2 2017-01-21 6:13am

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Bikes: 13

Re: Made in America bmx and Trumpisms

I'm happy Trump won, with that said. Him having hats and shirts (if it's true) that were made in China at his inauguration doesn't sit well with me. So to respond, based on that, I don't see him doing much on that front.

Anything is negotiable.

#3 2017-01-21 6:35am

sithlord3
Pro MemberFan of Kurt Rad

Time will tell. I have a fairly good feeling about the way the country is headed though.  Haven't had that for a while...

Beer.

#4 2017-01-21 6:40am

ritchiecamaro
Pro MemberPredator Collector
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 1

Hmmmm... I don't think it will ever be 100% "American Made", but, from what I gather, the plan is to keep more money here rather than sending jobs overseas to save corporations a few dollars here and there... I am sure we will still be able to get stuff from overseas, but American companies that want to produce in other countries to save money is what is in question... I think the ultimate plan is to make it more affordable for American based companies to operate in the U.S. and use American resources rather than some imported materials that may or may not have been inspected for quality and such... Just my .02 cents... One thing is for sure, Trump will leave a HUGE impact on the U.S. in one way or another... So far, it looks pretty good to me...

44t BMX Club, "Midway Chapter"... Favortie bike:1983 Schwinn Predator... Schwinn, SuperCross, Free Agent, Anlun, Mongoose and Redline PL24 fan, as long as it's not a Hutch, I'll ride it... Predator owners show your PREDATOR LOVE and post your Predators here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=741107
                      Predator count: 31        420 for LIFE!!!

#5 2017-01-21 7:11am

Erikv
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 3

I'm happy Trump is our new President but I think he's focusing on BIG corporations rather then the small one. ( just my opinion/guess)
It will never be 100% American made.
Even your American made Harley Davidson has China parts on it.

#6 2017-01-21 7:16am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

OK so what smartass is gonna be first to make a BMX called the Donald?

lol

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#7 2017-01-21 7:16am

FatGuy
Pro MemberNot Big Boned
Bikes: 2
Website

Jeno007 wrote:

I'm happy Trump won, with that said. Him having hats and shirts (if it's true) that were made in China at his inauguration doesn't sit well with me. So to respond, based on that, I don't see him doing much on that front.

Everyone mentions this with the assumption that the hats were bought from and sold by him/his campaign.  Very possible and would make him look quite silly.  However, also very likely that there are multiple other parties producing and selling the hats to profit on the popularity and they don't care about where it's made, just an extra buck.

FatGuy
....happy to answer your Porkchop BMX questions.

#8 2017-01-21 7:48am

jray02r1
Pro Member
Bikes: 30
For Sale: 3

FatGuy wrote:

Jeno007 wrote:

Everyone mentions this with the assumption that the hats were bought from and sold by him/his campaign.  Very possible and would make him look quite silly.  However, also very likely that there are multiple other parties producing and selling the hats to profit on the popularity and they don't care about where it's made, just an extra buck.

I went to a rally in March. Almost everything that was for sale was from private vendors that just followed the campaign trail.  They had nothing to do with the actual campaign, just cashing in I guess.

#9 2017-01-21 8:21am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 430
For Sale: 27
Website

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/152/trumped458838a4e88.jpg
I did get one of these hats from S&M, back when I thought it was a joke..
Trying to remain positive! Heard the fine for not having heath care gone already..

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#10 2017-01-21 10:15am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

Trump did say during his campaign speech that within a hour of him being in office...these people are outa here!

So lets see if it is true.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#11 2017-01-21 10:17am

Jenny Caldwell
Ford Rules!!!
Bikes: 14

I am all for Trump and his beliefs. I think keeping companies and products in America is going to be a very positive thing, should have been done along time ago. I can see exporting and trading for things that can't be produced or grown here in the United States, but limit it to just that. Trump has some positive changing ideas and I wish him the best in his success to make it all happen. This should have a positive impact on BMX too!

Wanted: Anything Eddie Fiola.

#12 2017-01-21 10:17am

spyker

AlurencatBMX wrote:

OK so what smartass is gonna be first to make a BMX called the Donald?

lol

I can see s&m being the first to do it.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here

#13 2017-01-21 10:30am

CHILDISHGAMBINO
Centurion Member
Bikes: 5

Seeing all these pro-Trump posts is depressing. Have you guys not heard the words the come out of that guys mouth? Jeebus!  You think he actually gives a flying f about American jobs?  His clothing line is manufactured in Mexico.  His campaign hats were made in China.  FFS.  Being a slimy businessman does not translate to being qualified to run a country.  That requires compassion and empathy, two things that I'd bet Trump has never felt in his life. Nothing good is going to come of this.  Not for anyone that isn't a rich white dude anyway.

#14 2017-01-21 10:43am

Pirate_Duck
Pro Member

He's a puppet!! Putins hand is so far up Trumps Putin that 99% of what Trump is doing is a Russian propaganda scheme. Being in the UK & having the worst government in our countries history basing our leave of Europe  (MASSIVE MISTAKE!!!) on the help of Trump who keeps saying over & over he doesn't give a flying f**k about other countries America, America, America makes me even more positive most government leaders/politicians seriously aren't aware that the Internet exists to us poor vermin & we can get TRUTHFUL information there. Trump will probably START WW3 & there won't be much of many countries left so I'm not too fussed about what's happening around the world right now, enjoying it whilst I can.

Flame Away.......

#15 2017-01-21 10:52am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
For Sale: 49
Website

GAry wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 8a4e88.jpg
I did get one of these hats from S&M, back when I thought it was a joke..
Trying to remain positive! Heard the fine for not having heath care gone already..

Yep, he already signed the docs to get the wheels turning on booting Obamacare        big_smile

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/ … obamacare/

Last edited by stonie (2017-01-21 10:52am)

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#16 2017-01-21 10:55am

spyker

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Seeing all these pro-Trump posts is depressing. Have you guys not heard the words the come out of that guys mouth? Jeebus!  You think he actually gives a flying f about American jobs?  His clothing line is manufactured in Mexico.  His campaign hats were made in China.  FFS.  Being a slimy businessman does not translate to being qualified to run a country.  That requires compassion and empathy, two things that I'd bet Trump has never felt in his life. Nothing good is going to come of this.  Not for anyone that isn't a rich white dude anyway.

I guess you've not heard the garbage coming out of Obama's mouth the last 8 years have you.

Stop being negative and give the guy a chance dude.You sound like a person who voted for pretty boy useless Trudeau for our new PM.

$20 goes a long way here

#17 2017-01-21 11:08am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
For Sale: 49
Website

Some are going to have a tough time from here on out, as it looks.

(Image deleted)

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#18 2017-01-21 11:15am

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 1

I have an honest question: Why do overwhelming majority of BMXers favor Trump?

-Joe

#19 2017-01-21 11:30am

CHILDISHGAMBINO
Centurion Member

spyker wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I guess you've not heard the garbage coming out of Obama's mouth the last 8 years have you.

Stop being negative and give the guy a chance dude.You sound like a person who voted for pretty boy useless Trudeau for our new PM.

No, I didn't vote for Trudeau.  Anyway Trump doesn't deserve a chance.  Seriously, have you not heard the man speak?  Did you see what he said about draining the swamp and how that was all BS and he was surprised that people ate it up?  He said that.  In front of people.  Not to mention the hundreds of sexist, racist and bigoted remarks.  I'll be positive when there's something to be positive about.  What's next, you going to try to tell me Kevin O'Leary deserves a chance?  FFS.

What exactly has Obama done that is so terrible(outside of his fondness for drone strikes) that make people hate him so much?  Was it when he tried to provide people with healthcare that wouldn't cause bankruptcy?  Or is it just because you guys don't like the black guy and you're glad he's gone but you don't want to say that out loud(or type it in this case)?

#20 2017-01-21 11:48am

ohbmxer
Centurion Member

I don't find people ever get their political beliefs changed via an internet forum. Every person has a reason for who they voted for and I'm not one to say their vote was incorrect because I'm not in their shoes. I can only say, their vote from perspective was either in-line with what I believe or not. With that said, I find any person who runs on a platform of economic protectionism to be a bit behind the times. I'm all for encouraging USA manufacturing, when it makes viable economic sense. If you cannot accomplish by tax incentives and have to resort to tariffs then you're subsidizing an inefficient market, which has historically been the GOP's stance. That all changed with Trump though and those of us that felt like he was a populist sham were left with no real viable candidate. Good times...

Me, I ride for me.

#21 2017-01-21 11:59am

Bon
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Time to weigh in. I am so happy The Donald won. We here in Canada are tired of hearing about Trudeau's great hair. Now we can sit back and listen about Donald's Golden hair.

I believe that's change we can all believe in.

As far as how the Donald is going to change America's industries. It means you have to try to do what you guys do best. Start the trends and be innovatively cool.  We Canadians and others around the world will dutifully follow your lead and maybe even try creating our own Canadian spam versions like Norco and CCM.

When's the first electric SE Floval Flyer coming out in Wildman Camo from Tesla's ebike division? What? Maybe I'm telling Elon his business.

If Donald can reduce some of the barriers that stifle small businesses,  like the imposition of Obamacare for example a total screw job! Well did you know that 2017 was when Obamacare was to come into full effect and small mom and pops would have gotten crushed with the fees or fines.

BMX is a good representation of the small mom and pop businesses that made up the strong economy in American heavy industry of the 80's.

But, what we have now are large multinationals who show no allegiance to the USA as they park their money offshore and enslave the third world in sweat shops for low wages. You have politicians and lobbyists working for them and not the people. "While enriching the few in DC the rest of the country had little to celebrate"-Donald.  The rotting factories across the US that Donald talked about in his inaugural speech IS the state of the union.
This was the last chance to save American industry.

You have won that chance by electing Donald. You have won against the multinationals and their sycophantic supporting swamp monsters in DC! Slowing down the New World Order they are trying to esblish.

Buying American and hiring American should be your credo. Isn't it worth paying a little more if it means your neighbor can support his family and raise his head because he has a job?

HEY COMMON - TAKE IT EASY !

Would love to find a CW Z3000 and VDC 24 in the trash can

#22 2017-01-21 12:06pm

CHILDISHGAMBINO
Centurion Member

Guess you didn't see the speech where he said the draining swamp stuff was BS.  He is the Fing swamp.

#23 2017-01-21 12:10pm

Bon
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

I'm guessing you get your news feed from the CNN or CBC?

Try Drudgereport.com or Breitbart.

HEY COMMON - TAKE IT EASY !

Would love to find a CW Z3000 and VDC 24 in the trash can

#24 2017-01-21 12:14pm

CHILDISHGAMBINO
Centurion Member

Nothing is going to convince me that Trump is fit for anything buy throwing rocks at.  What a sad time to be alive.

#25 2017-01-21 12:15pm

ohbmxer
Centurion Member

Bon wrote:

I'm guessing you get your news feed from the CNN or CBC?

Try Drudgereport.com or Breitbart.

DR and Breitbart are so biased that it's nauseating. At least CNN or CBC pretend to be unbiased and a little objective.

Me, I ride for me.

Board footer

View Cart →