You are not logged in.

2017 Subrosa Slayer 26  RSS Feed

#1 2016-10-29 8:27am

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_832258148a246f.jpg

2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

Subrosa's tribute bike to the band Slayer

The bike is stock except for the gyro I added, chain tensioners and sealed bearing Redline Monster pedals.
The stock pedals were black plastic and the gyro I used was an Odyssey GTX-R since it was sealed.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#2 2016-10-31 5:19pm

coffin2death
Pro Member
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2011-04-29
Posts: 3104
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

very nice! detangler looks good on it.


drinks montana gin
"People that don't ride with their finger on their lever suck."
YOUR LOVELY EEK AND YOUR LOVELY RIAH

Offline

 

#3 2016-11-16 10:51pm

Ghastly
Expert
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2008-01-03
Posts: 945
Bikes: 12
Website

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

When did you order  yours? I ordered mine in May and still haven't seen mine yet.


"you're gonna need a bigger boat"

Offline

 

#4 2016-11-22 4:33pm

OM RypRyder
Centurion Member
From: Tucson,AZ
Registered: 2016-11-20
Posts: 128

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

its a sweet bike but other than the slayer decals and such it has the same components as the salvador 26er (which i have)

i put an odyssey evo 2 brake kit on mine

Offline

 

#5 2016-12-02 7:55pm

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

OM RypRyder wrote:

its a sweet bike but other than the slayer decals and such it has the same components as the salvador 26er (which i have)

i put an odyssey evo 2 brake kit on mine

The Slayer does have 2 differences over the Salvador. The Slayer is full chromoly and has double walled rims but the Salvador is only part chromoly and has single walled rims so those are the 2 main reasons that the Slayer is $120 more than the Salvador but the other differences are cosmetic like the decals, seat graphics and paint shade. It's pretty much the same bike and the geometry is the same though.


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#6 2016-12-02 7:58pm

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

Ghastly wrote:

When did you order  yours? I ordered mine in May and still haven't seen mine yet.

To be honest I'm not sure. It may have been in the summer time but I don't remember exactly when I ordered it. Sorry I couldn't answer your question but I hope you get your Slayer soon. smile


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#7 2016-12-02 7:59pm

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

coffin2death wrote:

very nice! detangler looks good on it.

Thank you! big_smile


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#8 2016-12-02 8:06pm

OM RypRyder
Centurion Member
From: Tucson,AZ
Registered: 2016-11-20
Posts: 128

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

The-Elemental-Empire wrote:

OM RypRyder wrote:

its a sweet bike but other than the slayer decals and such it has the same components as the salvador 26er (which i have)

i put an odyssey evo 2 brake kit on mine

The Slayer does have 2 differences over the Salvador. The Slayer is full chromoly and has double walled rims but the Salvador is only part chromoly and has single walled rims so those are the 2 main reasons that the Slayer is $120 more than the Salvador but the other differences are cosmetic like the decals, seat graphics and paint shade. It's pretty much the same bike and the geometry is the same though.

wow i did not know that,will have to double check that, but if so forgive me for my ignorance..if thats the case then thats actually a good deal on the bike...crazy

Offline

 

#9 2016-12-02 8:08pm

OM RypRyder
Centurion Member
From: Tucson,AZ
Registered: 2016-11-20
Posts: 128

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

checked...sure enough..kudos... just almost the same as the malum then..SICK! big_smile

Offline

 

#10 2016-12-04 3:09pm

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

OM RypRyder wrote:

The-Elemental-Empire wrote:

OM RypRyder wrote:

its a sweet bike but other than the slayer decals and such it has the same components as the salvador 26er (which i have)

i put an odyssey evo 2 brake kit on mine

The Slayer does have 2 differences over the Salvador. The Slayer is full chromoly and has double walled rims but the Salvador is only part chromoly and has single walled rims so those are the 2 main reasons that the Slayer is $120 more than the Salvador but the other differences are cosmetic like the decals, seat graphics and paint shade. It's pretty much the same bike and the geometry is the same though.

wow i did not know that,will have to double check that, but if so forgive me for my ignorance..if thats the case then thats actually a good deal on the bike...crazy

Also the Slayer 26 is basicaly the same bike as the Malum 26 that I have. The only differences are the paint, brake mounts (removable vs non removable), seat graphics, stem (Shadow Conspiracy vs Rant), chain (Shadow Conspiracy half link vs KMC full link) and hubs (female axles vs male axles). I think Subrosa basically just killed the Malum 26 so it could repackage it as the Slayer 26. lol


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#11 2016-12-04 3:17pm

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

OM RypRyder wrote:

checked...sure enough..kudos... just almost the same as the malum then..SICK! big_smile

Oh and the Malum has a hinged brake lever but the Slayer does not.


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

#12 2016-12-04 11:49pm

OM RypRyder
Centurion Member
From: Tucson,AZ
Registered: 2016-11-20
Posts: 128

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

The-Elemental-Empire wrote:

OM RypRyder wrote:

The-Elemental-Empire wrote:


The Slayer does have 2 differences over the Salvador. The Slayer is full chromoly and has double walled rims but the Salvador is only part chromoly and has single walled rims so those are the 2 main reasons that the Slayer is $120 more than the Salvador but the other differences are cosmetic like the decals, seat graphics and paint shade. It's pretty much the same bike and the geometry is the same though.

wow i did not know that,will have to double check that, but if so forgive me for my ignorance..if thats the case then thats actually a good deal on the bike...crazy

Also the Slayer 26 is basicaly the same bike as the Malum 26 that I have. The only differences are the paint, brake mounts (removable vs non removable), seat graphics, stem (Shadow Conspiracy vs Rant), chain (Shadow Conspiracy half link vs KMC full link) and hubs (female axles vs male axles). I think Subrosa basically just killed the Malum 26 so it could repackage it as the Slayer 26. lol

which one has the rant stem?my salvador came with a shadow stem...so far im very happy with the quality of my bike i think you get alot of quality bike for the $$ from subrosa...the malum is just chock full of features

Offline

 

#13 2016-12-24 4:01am

The-Elemental-Empire
Formerly "mrshowtime"
Registered: 2007-06-24
Posts: 248
Bikes: 72

Re: 2017 Subrosa Slayer 26

OM RypRyder wrote:

The-Elemental-Empire wrote:

OM RypRyder wrote:


wow i did not know that,will have to double check that, but if so forgive me for my ignorance..if thats the case then thats actually a good deal on the bike...crazy

Also the Slayer 26 is basicaly the same bike as the Malum 26 that I have. The only differences are the paint, brake mounts (removable vs non removable), seat graphics, stem (Shadow Conspiracy vs Rant), chain (Shadow Conspiracy half link vs KMC full link) and hubs (female axles vs male axles). I think Subrosa basically just killed the Malum 26 so it could repackage it as the Slayer 26. lol

which one has the rant stem?my salvador came with a shadow stem...so far im very happy with the quality of my bike i think you get alot of quality bike for the $$ from subrosa...the malum is just chock full of features

The Slayer had the Rant stem and the Malum had a Shadow stem. Another difference I forgot to mention is that the Slayer had Rant pedals but the Malum had Shadow pedals. I'm guessing the Rant parts are why the Slayer was $75 less than the Malum when they were both new. Dans Comp had the Malum for $600 back in 2016 but the Slayer was $525 for 2017.


Want to buy - Dans Comp catalogs from 1997-2005
Also
Want to buy - BMX catalogs from 1997-2005

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →