You are not logged in.

Warning!!! Please read all Buyers!!! DO NOT GIFT/FRIENDS & FAMILY  RSS Feed

#1 2016-09-26 10:58pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 1

Warning!!! Please read all Buyers!!! DO NOT GIFT/FRIENDS & FAMILY

If you send money as a gift payment/friends/family you WILL NOT be able to file a paypal claim or get anything done in your favor unless the seller is a good person.

Paypal will not help you because you sent the funds as a " gift " to save the seller on a little bit of fees. And... you and the seller tried cheating paypal out of their fees that they offer for protection. Can you blame them ?

It clearly states in the rules here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=339452

- Sellers may not require Payment as a "Gift" through Paypal in their for sale threads. If you pay for an Item as a Gift you cannot file a claim against the Seller in the event of a problem. Absolutely no Gift Payments or Hints at it in For Sale Threads.

We the museum staff can not read your PM's ( Private messages ) and have no control of what goes on there but we can and do hold sellers accountable when they misrepresent items. We do step up even if the buyer paid as a gift and we have our own set of rules that are different then paypal.

But...... We will not ever be able to help you recover your loss in the event that you pay as a gift unless the seller is willing.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

#2 2016-09-27 1:45am

WILL69
Expert

Re: Warning!!! Please read all Buyers!!! DO NOT GIFT/FRIENDS & FAMILY

cool

! ! ! ATTENTION ! ! !
Do not deal with member:  bmxlove  anymore !
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=701420
I'M A “ZERO FEEDBACK NONAME MEMBER“ ! ! !

#3 2016-09-27 4:10am

jokerman13922
Pro MemberNo Pedals 4 U Tough Guy!
Bikes: 28

Send this to pkripperbmx guy

AHOLE LIST:----> KING AHOLE BRADDLPHNS, KING MINION TXBONER AND HIS QUEEN MINION BIRD AND LITTLE MINIONS, X33D801969z28,ICEMAN, PERRONT AND FRESH (AGAIN)! DYNOBMX, MY STEPSON LIL BMXER, NEW MEMBER GTbikesIlikes, robk131313!   except Kurt-rad, and Roy Munson, And itsdug

#4 2016-09-27 4:34am

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
Bikes: 11

Good stuff right there, goes along with dont eat yellow snow, dont exit the vehicle until completely stopped, and WARNING-Hot Coffee.......geeesh.....

Thank u once again for keeping the stupid people protected from themselves (meant with all due sincerity).

mmmm........loop tails.......

...and that's all I have to say about that...

#5 2016-09-27 4:43am

jayjay80
Pro Member
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 3

×1000

Everyone is entitled to my opinion!!!

#6 2016-09-27 4:49am

Texasbmx
Pro Member
Website

If you keep all the messages and you get screwed over you can report the guy for mail fraud.

#7 2016-09-27 5:26am

sycmatt
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

Anybody that questions the 4% fees deserves what they get. It's a no-brainer.

WTB King Bikes Liberty frame.
WTB Gack Gargoyle frame
WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

#8 2016-09-27 5:50am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

sycmatt wrote:

Anybody that questions the 4% fees deserves what they get. It's a no-brainer.

It's not only about the fees especially regarding overseas buyers that want to purchase an item worth a few grand then they want YOU to value the item very low so you do not get CUSTOMS fees out the ass.  The issue here is too many new members or older members easily GIFT money with out knowing the person or doing due diligence...and they get screwed.  It is by far the small exception here considering the number of transactions...sometimes common sense is trumped (pardon the pun) by buying blindly a part you may want.

but yea some smarts always helps.

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#9 2016-09-27 6:03am

Texasbmx
Pro Member
Website

I'd bet half my transactions on here were gift payments and I haven't had any problems.

#10 2016-09-27 7:55am

nikbsnjk
Pro MemberKing of Magazines!
Bikes: 35
For Sale: 28

Sending gift payments in general is not the problem. Its sending them to people that INTEND on ripping you off. Ive sent 5 of my complete bikes to Australia and 2 to the UK via gift payments. Bikes valued as low as $3200 and up to 6k. Sure it saves me fees, but it also saves the buyer a very expensive customs fee. Each person has risks in every transaction. But those risks are minimal when the seller is legit and sending good parts, and the buyer is legitimately willing to pay for said parts.  There are shady sellers and shady buyers, but they are the minority. Yet we develop rules and regulations and force them upon everyone.

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#11 2016-09-27 8:12am

cancan
Pro Member
For Sale: 9

nikbsnjk wrote:

Sending gift payments in general is not the problem. Its sending them to people that INTEND on ripping you off. Ive sent 5 of my complete bikes to Australia and 2 to the UK via gift payments. Bikes valued as low as $3200 and up to 6k. Sure it saves me fees, but it also saves the buyer a very expensive customs fee. Each person has risks in every transaction. But those risks are minimal when the seller is legit and sending good parts, and the buyer is legitimately willing to pay for said parts.  There are shady sellers and shady buyers, but they are the minority. Yet we develop rules and regulations and force them upon everyone.

Yup to all that.

When people have awesome feedback, have been here for years and sells regularly I usually gift to save myself a few bucks

Want To Buy

shimano dx cranks.   vdc pedal cage extenders.   chrome ZAP pad with blue lightning blot.    campy sheriff hubs
_   superlace coaster brake.    Solid blue speedlines 1.75 MINT
Tange MX5 headsets  84 GTBMX seats

#12 2016-09-27 8:18am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 52
Website

brackett wrote:

If you send money as a gift payment/friends/family you WILL NOT be able to file a paypal claim or get anything done in your favor unless the seller is a good person.

Paypal will not help you because you sent the funds as a " gift " to save the seller on a little bit of fees. And... you and the seller tried cheating paypal out of their fees that they offer for protection. Can you blame them ?

It clearly states in the rules here: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=339452

- Sellers may not require Payment as a "Gift" through Paypal in their for sale threads. If you pay for an Item as a Gift you cannot file a claim against the Seller in the event of a problem. Absolutely no Gift Payments or Hints at it in For Sale Threads.

We the museum staff can not read your PM's ( Private messages ) and have no control of what goes on there but we can and do hold sellers accountable when they misrepresent items. We do step up even if the buyer paid as a gift and we have our own set of rules that are different then paypal.

But...... We will not ever be able to help you recover your loss in the event that you pay as a gift unless the seller is willing.

Are you sure about this?

I have heard many "stories" were people claim they sent payment as a gift, but were still
able to file a claim and get their money back.

Not saying it's good or bad to send gift payment, but I don't think the buyer is just screwed.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#13 2016-09-27 8:31am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberOPEN TOES & CAMEL TOES IS ALL I KNOW
Bikes: 42
For Sale: 26

Texasbmx wrote:

I'd bet half my transactions on here were gift payments and I haven't had any problems.

Good for you, but it's best not to send as gift. wink

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#14 2016-09-27 8:55am

Bri2001
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 2

stonie wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I have heard many "stories" were people claim they sent payment as a gift, but were still

Not saying it's good or bad to send gift payment, but I don't think the buyer is just screwed.

Wanna try it and find out? Send me $5K as a gift and file a claim.
If Paypal doesn't get you the money back then I keep the money. big_smile lol

Profile Champ Pro 1985 - My childhood bike owned since late '80s.

I finally submitted a few of my bikes to the museum so check them out and fave them if you like smile

#15 2016-09-27 8:58am

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
For Sale: 120
Website

Dirty Habits wrote:

Texasbmx wrote:

Good for you, but it's best not to send as gift. wink

+1

#16 2016-09-27 9:05am

Coco

Just pay the fees. Big deal.

Fees on $4000 is what, $160?

Most items here are not going for near that much so why risk it?

If people are waffling on a deal and worried about saving cash over paying the measly PP fees then maybe some should not be buying bike parts. Paying as a gift is risky and it would be a shame for someone to lose their cash just to save a few dollars.

Only way I gift is if I know the person well or have dealt with them many times in the past.

#17 2016-09-27 9:12am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
For Sale: 13

Bri2001 wrote:

stonie wrote:

Are you sure about this?

they can still pull it back. you can say you selected the wrong setting or sent to the wrong person the money or something.

sending that much money as a gift still incurs fees, its just on the sender and not the receiver.

when i sent money to my son whos in college, I get hit with fees for doing it all the time.

its not no 4% of course but paypal still charges to move the money.

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#18 2016-09-27 9:25am

stonie
Website

Bri2001 wrote:

stonie wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I don't need to try anything, as I don't buy bike parts on the Museum anymore    wink
I have hoarded enough sh1t already, thanks anyway though    tongue

If the buyer wants to save a few bucks then cool, otherwise they don't get as good of a deal.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, really doesn't.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#19 2016-09-27 9:26am

Jenny Caldwell
Ford Rules!!!
Bikes: 14

Agreed, sometimes not even friends or family can be trusted! Its sad but true!

Wanted: Anything Eddie Fiola.

#20 2016-09-27 9:32am

stonie
Website

Jenny Caldwell wrote:

Agreed, sometimes not even friends or family can be trusted! Its sad but true!

Time for a different set of friends????
Sad to hear        sad

Would never say that about my friends, I'm a good judge of character.
I'm shady though, not sure why they hang out with me   lol

#21 2016-09-27 9:54am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79

Texasbmx wrote:

so you got lucky not all good feed back members/people stay good.lots latly turn bad with no Warning. they looked grate when you read ther feed back and there museum thread post then Bam they screw some one over.neutral

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#22 2016-09-27 10:03am

allsorts
Intermediate

Bri2001 wrote:

stonie wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I think this is when the buyer pays as gift but selects to use their credit card to send funds from. That way they have insurance from the credit card

#23 2016-09-27 10:22am

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
Bikes: 8

I use gift as payment myself sometimes. Luckily I have had no problems. But I will tell you the only reason this thread was posted is because WE ARE SEEING THIS HAPPEN.
The only reason we posted this is to try to help protect YOUR MONEY.
I know lots of you guys have used the gift option and will continue to do so. That's fine. But we just want to let everyone know we do see this happen and good members end up losing their hard earned money.
And sometimes it is someone with good feedback that goes MIA with the cash.

Have a great day! smile

#24 2016-09-27 10:54am

stonie
Website

robk131313 wrote:

I use gift as payment myself sometimes. Luckily I have had no problems. But I will tell you the only reason this thread was posted is because WE ARE SEEING THIS HAPPEN.
The only reason we posted this is to try to help protect YOUR MONEY.
I know lots of you guys have used the gift option and will continue to do so. That's fine. But we just want to let everyone know we do see this happen and good members end up losing their hard earned money.
And sometimes it is someone with good feedback that goes MIA with the cash.

Have a great day! smile

I like this write up better, much better.
Nice calm cool and collective way to express the issue at hand, Rob      smile

#25 2016-09-27 11:08am

Irata
Pro Member
Bikes: 31
For Sale: 1

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

Texasbmx wrote:

so you got lucky not all good feed back members/people stay good.lots latly turn bad with no Warning. they looked grate when you read ther feed back and there museum thread post then Bam they screw some one over.neutral

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/212500/untitled-157eab58d8e.jpg

Board footer

View Cart →