I love my new home town  RSS Feed

#76 2019-05-14 9:55am

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 1

Re: I love my new home town

wvbmxer420 wrote:

Me and Jason have actually became really good friends since I've moved here. We hang out more days than we dont. He actually has more amazing stuff than I'd initially known. I haven't got any pics but I'm going to hang out there tomorrow I'll get a few pics. It's amazing in his house. It's like a awesome museum all the plaques, number plates, trophies, pictures, bikes hanging from the walls and ceilings. It honestly like the Taj Mahal of bmx. He is such a cool guy to have gotten to know. I think hes going to fix up the JMCs and bring them to some shows this summer.

Awesome! My memory may be a bit skewed as it was over two decades ago, but I think I remember him riding a camo painted Standard of some sort when I first started riding.

I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

#77 2019-05-15 12:53pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

A little sneak peak. I dont want to show to much because he said he thinking about fixing some of his bikes up for shows this summer.http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/213457/20190515_1231105cdc6e224f.jpg

Last edited by wvbmxer420 (2019-05-15 12:53pm)

#78 2019-05-16 8:47am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16

perront wrote:

Texasbmx wrote:

the question is, is this worth it for the taxpayers? I am not so sure it is.

I'm totally down with tax dollars going toward promoting a lifestyle that is environmentally and socially conscious.  I'm not down with $38.6 billion of federal tax dollars going to Lockheed Martin while only $33 billion goes to helping low income college students.

well the 38.6B goes to a company that makes something protecting america, whereas the 33B goes to students who want to destroy america.

just look at the tools and bike pump. those were put in to help americas yet will be stolen and/or destroyed in no time at all (not by older baby boomers either but the millennial bolsheviks).
still cool for the town to at least try to promote cycling.

Last edited by Draw (2019-05-16 1:06pm)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#79 2019-05-16 9:16am

wvbmxer420
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

Well an update. The tools are still there. The town is in the process of building a big bridge for the bike path going across a river so bikers can avoid dangerous traffic. I think it's cool that so much is done just for bicyclists.

#80 2019-06-09 8:01am

Hemigremmy
Museum Newbie

I’m from Marietta too, used to race at the track back around the late 90’s- early 2000’s before it closed. All the memories of riding around Marietta and stopping at Ruth’s to buy stickers and pads and BMX stuff was the best. I recently dug out my DK Legend that I bought through Jason back when DK was still made in the US and started riding again. I stopped down just the other day and talked to Jason for a few and seen if he would want to start riding again.
If you ever want to ride let me know, I would love to start really getting back into riding!!!

Board footer

View Cart →