You are not logged in.

I love my new home town  RSS Feed

#51 2016-09-11 2:31am

Kwrigh98
Pro Member

Re: I love my new home town

Got popped for speeding one time in Marietta.  In my 89 formula.  Me and a buddy were heading down to myrtle Beach.  Of course that was on the highway I believe.  I read the name Marietta , Marietta , why does that sound familiar.  Then I remembered.  God I was 21 then . Marietta that's way down there by the border ain't it ? Anyway sorry I got off the subject . I just saw my fellow Ohioans chatting and I thought I'd throw that in there. Next time I go down there I ll try to slow down and check that nice town out.smile

#52 2016-09-11 5:16am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 1

wvbmxer420 wrote:

I was just told of some dirt jumps built beside a pump track in town. Came to find out the city brought tons of dirt and gave permission to build dirt jumps and there is a lot more dirt and land to build.http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5dc468.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5de058.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5dfb85.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5e177b.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5e361b.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5e54a2.jpg

This is awesome.  Hopefully it gets more kids out riding and getting dirty.  Adults too!

#53 2016-09-11 5:38am

wvbmxer420
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

Yea I'd actually lost my wallet in Walmart parking lot a few weeks ago and someone had turned it in to customer service and the $280 cash was still in it.

#54 2016-09-11 6:12am

ohiobmx
Pro Member
For Sale: 3
Website

wvbmxer420 wrote:

Yea I'd actually lost my wallet in Walmart parking lot a few weeks ago and someone had turned it in to customer service and the $280 cash was still in it.

That's awesome!

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

#55 2016-09-11 6:17am

fbm821
Pro MemberAlbert Street
Bikes: 1
Website

wvbmxer420 wrote:

you should be happy i didnt find it lol

#56 2016-09-11 9:40am

kevincash
Bikes: 4

I live in Columbus and we have these as well. Some of them are in disrepair after a year on the street.

looking for an orange 87-88 PFT complete. I have the funds burning a hole in my pocket.

#57 2016-09-11 10:12am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 48
Website

wvbmxer420 wrote:

That's rad to hear            big_smile
Think it's time for you to check out my for sale section   tongue

It's unfortunate that some areas are more prone to thievery like Los Angeles.
Here is the problem though, or one of them. It costs an arm and leg to live
in Southern California that's anywhere close to a beach community.

Taxes are outrageous and it's almost impossible to buy a home with the
extremely high price tag of property tax. Good people often see no other choice
than to bend the law by doing what is necessary to support their family.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, just pointing this out for some that didn't know.

We moved out of San Diego in 2007, little did we know the market was going to
crash not a year later. We have saved 10's of thousands of dollars in property taxes
of the last decade, merely by moving out of tax-ifornia.

Love it here in Idaho, but it's still a fairly big city with it's fair share of crap going on.
Our little town of Kuna is a farm community, where more than likely you might get your
wallet back with the contents as you left them.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#58 2016-09-11 2:36pm

Reedster
Pro Member

I know SoCal gets a lot of its bad reputation for good reason. I was born in Long Beach and will most likely live my whole life here with that said there's good and bad everywhere. My wife dropped her wallet at the local target with $1000 in it and a high school kid found it and brought it home and gave it to his parents who called us to return it and when my wife gave the kid a $100 they tried to give it back. The cost of living is higher here but I love it here.

My dad used to tell me life is like a shit sandwich the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat

#59 2016-09-11 2:47pm

spyker
Pro MemberPicnic Union Member

stonie wrote:

wvbmxer420 wrote:

I'm not making excuses for anyone, just pointing this out for some that didn't know.

crash not a year later. We have saved 10's of thousands of dollars in property taxes

Love it here in Idaho, but it's still a fairly big city with it's fair share of crap going on.
Our little town of Kuna is a farm community, where more than likely you might get your

Man I've seen the prices of homes in the places you've mentioned.They are still cheap compared to where I live.I can only wish to own a condo let alone a house in the city I live in.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Done!

#60 2016-09-11 2:55pm

agedwvbmxrider
Pro Member
For Sale: 23

I used to live across the river from Marietta in WV. Raced both the old Marietta bmx tracks all thru the 80s, have a lot of good memories. Bmx was huge back then. I used spend lot of my time riding all over that town and hanging out at Joe Deem's and Ruth McNutt's bike shops. Awesome town, glad to see bike scene is still going.

#61 2016-09-11 3:30pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 48
Website

spyker wrote:

stonie wrote:

wvbmxer420 wrote:

Man I've seen the prices of homes in the places you've mentioned.They are still cheap compared to where I live.I can only wish to own a condo let alone a house in the city I live in.

There you have it, sh1ts overpriced in lots of places.

But yeah, property taxes are so inflated that it's a struggle for lots of people.

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( º . º )  \m/

#62 2016-09-11 4:26pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member

I know Joe deem and Ruth mcnutt well as well as her son Jason mcnutt. Did u live in williamstown? I used to go to the track in Vienna as well but it and the Marietta track are gone. Marietta pioneer trails was my home track when I was growing up I raced all over Ohio. Joe still has the Schwinn shop he has my 83 haro freestyler fixing it ATM. Jason mcnutt has a building full of old nos parts and 3 decked out jmcs his mom Ruth was the biggest jmc distributer in the US at one point. I always pass the mcnutts house when I'm out riding Jason and Ruth are usually outside I always stop and shoot the shit whit them. Jason was a hell of a rider and his parents supported the sport with team holeshot for a long time. Jason told me he was running the track for its last years but they were putting so much of their petsonal money in it they couldnt keep it open anymore.

Last edited by wvbmxer420 (2016-09-11 4:32pm)

#63 2016-09-11 6:33pm

agedwvbmxrider
Pro Member

Don't live there anymore, I'm in NJ now. Answered your pm, sounds like we know the same people.

#64 2016-09-11 6:42pm

fbm821
Pro MemberAlbert Street
Website

jason mcnutt was for sure a hell of a rider and I've heard about that shed full of old nos 80's parts

#65 2016-09-11 6:56pm

agedwvbmxrider
Pro Member

Yeah he was. Smooth. He had some cool rides and I don't remember him selling/trading anything so I can only imagine what he has stored. There were lot of good racers from the area back then. Whole Hines family comes to mind also.

#66 2016-09-12 2:58pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member

I raced with Luke Hines he was an awesome racer as well.

#67 2016-09-12 4:49pm

Ralph Wiggum
Pro Memberchillywilly263 1%er
Bikes: 15

ma70supra2 wrote:

wvbmxer420 wrote:

Marietta Ohio. Yea first thing that came to my mind was how long they were going to last before someone stole them. sad

Your about 2 hours south of me. I haven't seen anything like that up here yet. I'm sure it won't be long till they come up missing and the pump doesn't work. sad

They have at least one on the Towpath. I think it's at the trailhead off Memorial PKWY. I remember passing by it while on the trail.

I’m not a real doctor but I am a real worm

#68 2016-09-12 4:55pm

Ralph Wiggum

wvbmxer420 wrote:

I know Joe deem and Ruth mcnutt well as well as her son Jason mcnutt. Did u live in williamstown? I used to go to the track in Vienna as well but it and the Marietta track are gone. Marietta pioneer trails was my home track when I was growing up I raced all over Ohio. Joe still has the Schwinn shop he has my 83 haro freestyler fixing it ATM. Jason mcnutt has a building full of old nos parts and 3 decked out jmcs his mom Ruth was the biggest jmc distributer in the US at one point. I always pass the mcnutts house when I'm out riding Jason and Ruth are usually outside I always stop and shoot the shit whit them. Jason was a hell of a rider and his parents supported the sport with team holeshot for a long time. Jason told me he was running the track for its last years but they were putting so much of their petsonal money in it they couldnt keep it open anymore.

Good to hear the Mcnutts are still around. Haven't heard that name in a long time. They used to make the drive up to Akron for practices and races weekly with their van full of parts when I was first starting out racing. big_smile

#69 2016-09-12 5:53pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member

Yep the team Hole Shot van. They traveled all over the country but especially in Ohio to all the races. They were personal friends with Jim Melton. Jason was telling me about how they were buying DK parts to sell when they were making stems and seat post clamp out of their garage. He said the son was really into punk rock music and stole the dk logo from the Dead Kennedys.

#70 2016-09-12 5:59pm

fbm821
Pro MemberAlbert Street
Website

this is rad

#71 2016-09-12 8:55pm

agedwvbmxrider
Pro Member

Ahh I remember those early DK days... I still run DK stems on most of my rides. Used to get all kinds of freebies from them at the big Ohio races and nationals back then when they were trying to get their name out. RIP Doug Jicha, great DK factory rider and cool dude. Used to help me out a lot back in the day at races.

#72 2016-09-12 9:33pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member

I'm going to try and get mcnutt to become a member on here. He told me a while back I could photo his old jmcs and put them on here. When I'd first moved to Marietta a couple years ago I'd stopped by his house. That's when he showed me his building full of stuff. He told me he never really got on the internet and had no idea he was sitting on a gold mine in his shed. He said he would never sell it anyways. I remember I'd went into his house and I'd never seen so many plaques and trophies in my life and they were all good ones not just the usual local races.

#73 2019-05-13 6:26pm

Ralph Wiggum

wvbmxer420 wrote:

I'm going to try and get mcnutt to become a member on here. He told me a while back I could photo his old jmcs and put them on here. When I'd first moved to Marietta a couple years ago I'd stopped by his house. That's when he showed me his building full of stuff. He told me he never really got on the internet and had no idea he was sitting on a gold mine in his shed. He said he would never sell it anyways. I remember I'd went into his house and I'd never seen so many plaques and trophies in my life and they were all good ones not just the usual local races.

Any luck on this?

#74 2019-05-13 9:44pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member

Me and Jason have actually became really good friends since I've moved here. We hang out more days than we dont. He actually has more amazing stuff than I'd initially known. I haven't got any pics but I'm going to hang out there tomorrow I'll get a few pics. It's amazing in his house. It's like a awesome museum all the plaques, number plates, trophies, pictures, bikes hanging from the walls and ceilings. It honestly like the Taj Mahal of bmx. He is such a cool guy to have gotten to know. I think hes going to fix up the JMCs and bring them to some shows this summer.

#75 2019-05-14 6:43am

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 3

cool

If winning isn't everything then why do they keep score?

Board footer

View Cart →